Rate the Unit: Day 41 - Mist

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Anyone that has done a RD RTU withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Tormod: 3.28

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Mordecai: 7.17

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Edited by Lucina

I attempted to use her on HM once.

Never again.

Healing isn't needed, she takes bexp AND for what?

A mounted healer?

lolHealing in fe10

0/10

One of the bunch that's better on NM.

Applying negative bias

Haha.

My score is 1/10, and apply bias and make it 0/10

Edited by Folgore Green

You need at LEAST 3 healers, but Micaiah and Elincia already cover 2/3 with more than enough competence. Mist, on the other hand...

Pros:

+Gets a horse when she classes up

Cons:

+No more magic swords

+Sucks

Mist is just bad. Seriously. No more magic swords to even make her viable. No more bands to improve her terrible growths. Now that Elincia comes properly leveled, Mist is largely unnecessary. Like Ilyana and Astrid, Mist just took a huge beating in the generation gap, losing all the cool things that once made her valuable. Really, the ONLY thing that makes her special is her horse, because her offence sucks so bad that, if you never bexp twink her, she wouldn't even hit her strength cap of 25 Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. She can't even SS rank staves, either, just swords. The Florete is nowhere near as good as the Amiti either, so Mist is just an inferior Elincia with better availability.

I'd probably be more impressed if the Florete was magic/magic swords were still around, but Mist just blows this time around. If you need a healer, she's there, but Rhys is also there, Micaiah is forced, and Elincia does Mist's job, but better.

3/10, because healers are always valuable, but Mist is just... bleh. In fact, -1 bias for her stupid voice in that cutscene at the end of part 2 for 2/10.

Edited by Samias

Lolworthy bases. Bad growths. Terrible offense and durability. Doesnt have quite enough mag to use physic better than rhys despite better move. Shes truly horrible. She should never see combat ever as she is too fail for that. She grows at a very slow pace and horse isnt as significant an advantage in this game. Especially because shes probably not ever gonna get it. Even with favoritism, i can only see mist getting the horse in 4-4, which is terrible timing. 0/10 (-1 bias for loli)

She can't even SS rank staves, either, just swords.

That's a minor point at best, considering that Matrona's pretty useless, and the Ashera Staff comes along with someone who can use it, putting aside the fact getting said person might not even be worth it IMO...

Mist just took a huge beating in the generation gap, losing all the cool things that once made her valuable.

True, she got hurt pretty bad, but I'd say Lethe suffered even more, going from decent in PoR to... what I can only describe as a joke in RD.

Edited by Golden Cucco

This is day 41 I think.

Mist. At least HM wants heals more than NM, and she has mov advantage over Rhys. Combat is never salvageable, but she can get some exp from physics and Hammerne. Restore staff is also helpful in 3-E and 4-4, where she may have an advantage over Rhys. Both are ORKO'd by enemies, but she has more mov. All in all not that useful.

2.5/10 - 0.5 bias for horrible English voice acting.

I'll give her a 3.5. Healing may not be worth much, but it's more than what schmucks like Lethe can do.

EDit: And add a bias point because I like her redesign (and because her wielding Alondite's hilarious, but that's neither here nor there) for 4.5.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Oh Mist, you were one of my favorite units in PoR now look at you.

Mist while having meh base stats when she arrives she has a good amount of availability don't expect to get her far in HM though, she is much more suited to NM, her speed, skill and magic are decent, she can use swords right from the get go this time.. unfortunately she doesn't have the strength to back it up, and there are no longer swords that are based off magical ability so she got nerfed BIG TIME and she is easily killed if left out in the open. If you do manage to get her promoted you'll have a decent horseback healer, but by that point. Elincia is back in your control who is much better at the sword swinging/healing mixture.

Overall 3.5/10 + 1 bias point for fond memories of her from PoR and the cool redesign she got. So make that 4.5

Edited by Jedisupersonic

The only thing she has going for her is her utility to heal and until she gets mounted, she is going to have a hard time keeping up with everybody else. Physic will remedy this for chapters that have enemies that cover alot of ground within every turn. Her Flourite makes her assertive for maybe taking out Mages for her good Res and getting herself protected from Miracle. As it only activates by the amount of luck that she has.

054su.png

3.5/10 1+ bias because she has such a gentle voice as it is heard from her galdar singing and from Part 2-E cutscene.

Edited by アイネ

Honestly, I look at Mist and her uses are just limited. In a game where healing items can heal for 40 HP, Mist just looks really meh to that. Even the +1 Mov advantage isn't really enough to beat Rhys, who has the benefit of having a good range with Physic and healing for a greater amount. That leaves two other strengths for her - her affinity and her horse.

The former can be used effectively with Titania. Water is an awesome support to have with its +0.5 Atk / +1 Def (combined with Light) and the support builds rapidly. With Savior, Titania carries Mist from harm and effectively makes her into a support battery operated Hammer machine.

Next comes the horse, which is a double-edged sword. She does have the perks of extra Movement and Canto, but it comes at a cost with levels in order to achieve it. Considering Titania might be playing pocket Mist, and Mist's chances of making it to 10/1 seems bleak. To make matters worse, the horse bites her in the ass in 4-3. Ledges suck.

To be fair, though, she's still a staff user, which is more than what units like Soren have going for them.

4/10.

2nd best healer in game (beside Elincia) and she is better than Rhys in a long run IMO.

Mount healer is useful, and can save the day when you need it (heal and flee).

Leveling her is not much problem because good available and Paragon scroll (who need it beside her?)

Overall

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

2nd best healer in game (beside Elincia) and she is better than Rhys in a long run IMO.

Mount healer is useful, and can save the day when you need it (heal and flee).

Leveling her is not much problem because good available and Paragon scroll (who need it beside her?)

Overall

This is HM.

BEXP is kinda scarce.

Mist can't promote until 4-4.

ANd, she's on a team of Durable gods who rape everything.

Rhys>Mist due to desert being a possibility, better comvat, higher staff rank, and not being routelocked

Rhys>Mist due to desert being a possibility, better comvat, higher staff rank, and not being routelocked

Everything else you said made sense, but the bold... isn't that big a point in Rhys's favor.

Today is Day 41, Lucina.

So Mist is lame. Her combat is lame, her defense is lame, and she dies to freaking everything ever. So does Rhys but he can at least RES tank and do damage! Mist has a low chance of promoting, because she'll likely need BEXP/babying to get there., and when she does promote she isn't much better. Her skill capacity actually goes down because of canto and sol. I guess if you get her far enough she's a more than competent healer, good for endgame, but she still has to compete with Elincia and Micaiah. She's also routelocked in Part 4. Whoopee.

Overall 2/10 for an endgame which isn't pitiful, too bad the rest of her game is.

This is HM.

BEXP is kinda scarce.

Mist can't promote until 4-4.

ANd, she's on a team of Durable gods who rape everything.

I didn't say about BEXP, I say give her paragon scroll.

I didn't say Mist > Rhys, I say Mist is a better healer.

Both Mist and Rhys will get S rank in staff very early, and that all they need because SS staff is for Micaiah.(You get another SS staff very late)

About Promote, They both will be promote late anyway, and Rhys at tier 2 and 3 is identical (Heal bot)

Routelocked is noting because both Mist and Rhys will go to same rout anyway, another 2 routes have Micaiah and Elincia, they don't need another healer.

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

Routelocked is noting because both Mist and Rhys will go to same rout anyway, another 2 routes have Micaiah and Elincia, they don't need another healer.

Rhys can go desert where he can actually move. Besides, over 1 healer is always nice, there's a line of when you have "too many" healers (when your entire party is staff users, you may want to reconsider your choices).

She can heal, can provide shitty chip and wall mages, can't promote till 4-1 - meh. If she gets an A support with Boyd we do get an extra Spirit Dust in 3-E, and it takes very little time to set up, but don't think that counts towards the scores we can give.

2/10.

Rhys can perform a vital chip which is sometimes more valuable than healing. Both Mist and Rhys get doubled by practically everything but if Rhys can finish off a nearby enemy, it can really pay off. Mist can't deal damage worth crap, can't take hits worth crap, and her heal is inferior for a long time. Mist is only lucky that a sucky healer is more tolerable than any other type of unit. In the GM chapters she'll be outclassing Ilyana by miles and miles...

I didn't say about BEXP, I say give her paragon scroll.

I didn't say Mist > Rhys, I say Mist is a better healer.

Both Mist and Rhys will get S rank in staff very early, and that all their need because SS staff is for Micaiah.(You get another SS staff very late)

About Promote, They both will be promote late anyway, and Rhys at tier 2 and 3 is identical (Heal bot)

Rhys has

-Better Magic Base

-Better magic growth

-Higher Cap

-Better offense

-Promotion isn't relient on a late Holy Crown. Not a Master Crown, but the 4-1 HOLY CROWN is needed for Mist.

All in all, Mists only advantage is additional move in p4, lolswords with a 25 str 3rd tier cap, and needed Florete/ALondite/Wyrmslayer/VK to do any kind of damage in endgame.

I guess she can Rescue Staff, but that's about it.

Also, mounts hinder themselves in Griel route, and mist being promoted by 4-4 means no ledge climbing.

And, RHys's support affinity gives out nice boosts too, being Fire.

And, it gives more offense and I think Hit.

now, what was that about being a better healer?

Mist is... not very good.

She would have been better off as a DB member, but instead she's stuck with the GMs (which I equate to being the "Mon-stars" of Fire emblem). As a healer she's alright but offensively she's terrible, which wouldn't be a problem if Rhys didn't exist since he can actually chip. She's a benchwarmer for most of part III (barring the parts where she's forcibly used) and useless in part IV, and I mean that moreso than usual. There is absolutely 0 reason to use Mist over Elincia in part IV after the teams regroup (and little reason to use her before hand either)

3/10

Edited

Edited by Starwave

1339501218[/url]' post='2017041']

Rhys has

-Better Magic Base

-Better magic growth

-Higher Cap

-Better offense

-Promotion isn't relient on a late Holy Crown. Not a Master Crown, but the 4-1 HOLY CROWN is needed for Mist.

All in all, Mists only advantage is additional move in p4, lolswords with a 25 str 3rd tier cap, and needed Florete/ALondite/Wyrmslayer/VK to do any kind of damage in endgame.

Also, mounts hinder themselves in Griel route, and mist being promoted by 4-4 means no ledge climbing.

Or you have her cilmb up the ledge and promote her!

Oh wait no now she is 2hko'd.... This isnt em.Anyway, mist can promote through bexp.

Still only a 3.5.

Rhys has

-Better Magic Base

-Better magic growth

-Higher Cap

-Better offense

Mist has

-Better Move

-Has canto

-Better defence

-Higher speed

-Better cap(Mist has better cap, except Mag and Res which is nearly useless, they're both full heal everyone anyway)

-Can avoid double by some enemy.

-Can heal and move into support range, thanks to canto.

Yeah, Mist is better healer

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

1339504100[/url]' post='2017067']

Mist has

-Better Move when she promotes, which is most likely.... 4-4 at earliest.

-Has canto. Yeah not yet.

-Better defence. Same base and 3 point in the end difference.... At least rhys promotes early enough, since a resolve mage is awesome for the desert.

-Higher speed. Resolve helps rhys because his offense is good, just not his speed. Mist doesnt care if she does 3 damage or 6

-Better cap(Mist has better cap, except Mag and Res which is nearly useless, they're both full heal everyone anyway) If she ever gets to her caps.... Oh wait, tier two caps!

-can avoid double(mean didn't die from some enemy). Resolve

Yeah, Mist is better healer