Rate the Unit: Day 47 - Gatrie

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Gatrie loves any trees with skirts. Why? They're easy to get. I think he would prefer if all his enemies were trees with skirts, too, because his Movement is a real drag.

Gatrie is pretty awesome with his combat. He has bases better than Boyd and has growths that make you think his armor was steam-powered. His Spd cap really requires a crown, though, and his low Movement will constantly bite him in the ass. He has uses, and if you're willing to ferry him he's pretty good enough to hold his own against enemies, but the reality of it is that Gatrie is probably best used when he's necessary and dropped. Kind of sucks, too, because Gatrie is great if it wasn't for his shitty caps and Movement.

7/10.

Gatrie loves any trees with skirts. Why? They're easy to get. I think he would prefer if all his enemies were trees with skirts, too, because his Movement is a real drag.

Gatrie is pretty awesome with his combat. He has bases better than Boyd and has growths that make you think his armor was steam-powered. His Spd cap really requires a crown, though, and his low Movement will constantly bite him in the ass. He has uses, and if you're willing to ferry him he's pretty good enough to hold his own against enemies, but the reality of it is that Gatrie is probably best used when he's necessary and dropped. Kind of sucks, too, because Gatrie is great if it wasn't for his shitty caps and Movement.

7/10.

Sounds about right, I think.

7/10.

7/10.

7/10.

I think that this should be everybody's vote.

7/10.

7/10.

Since I am a non-conformist where it counts.

7/10.

7/10.

7/10.

7/10.

7/10.

NEGATIVE BIAS

I WENT THERE

6/10

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Depending on how fast you want to play your mileage on Gatrie may vary. He is very good no doubt, doubling where it counts with tremendous damage and never dies. He doesn't always double, but that can be fixed with the crown. In a perfect LTC run he would never contribute past 3-1 and 3-3, but in a semi-efficient run he is quite good. Since the vast majority of my PTs are semi-efficient I'll give Gatrie the extra mileage here.

7/10

7/10.

positive bias to cancel out bigbang's negative bias (and because I genuinely like him but mostly that) 8/10

7/10.

This, but +.5 bias. 7.5/10.

Gatrie gets a butload of speed on his levels but does not really have the caps to make them work. A crown goes on him pretty soon if you want to make use of him and most of the time there are just better uses for the crown. Low caps on Mashall and everlasting low movement drag him down even though he's a good tank and bruiser in the early part 3.

6.8/10

7/10.

Except +1 bias for many reasons.

8/10

7/10.

Because everyone likes to confirm. However, -0.5 bias because his mov sucks on an otherwise solid combat unit and I hate when you can't reach places..= 6.5/10

7/10.

+1 bias because I love Gatrie.

8/10

HEY GUYS I'M GATRIE, I ONLY HAVE THE BEST GROWTH SPREAD IN THE ENTIRE GAME, LOLOLOL 60 IN STR, SPD, AND DEF. I ALSO HAVE WTFBASES TOO.

Gatrie is ALMOST the definition of the perfect unit. Seriously, 25 str/24 def, at 20/10? That's higher than everyone in the GMs, including Ike. In fact, many units don't even reach 25 str/24 def until 3rd tier. 20 base spd is not bad either. And then 60% growths in str, spd, AND def is just crazy. Many units barely have a 60+ growth in ONE of those stats, and the number of units who have a 60+ growth in two of those stats I can probably count on one hand, let alone ALL THREE. wtf is this ****? IS, what the hell are you doing, giving people bases and growth spreads like this, and then giving people like Astrid utter crap for stats?

However, he has a problem. And a rather big one at that. Marshall class is frickin terrible. Crappy move is bad enough, but the terrible speed caps that come with it means the enemies he can double are limited. The 3-3 master crown is an option, but on HM there's a bigger fight for it because of the nice promo bonuses (in addition to higher caps, so someone like Soren wants it too), so it doesn't completely rectify the issue. And personally, I never give it to Gatrie anyway, because he's already ridiculous for just tanking + hitting really hard.

So he hits hard, usually 2HKOing, and uber tanks and never dies. However, the low mobility is a hindrance, and he basically requires the master crown if he ever wants to double more than the slowest enemies.

If Gatrie was like, female dragonlord or Reaver to make use of those growths, he'd be completely ridiculous, an extremely good contender for best unit in the game. But Marshall class hampers him pretty badly.

9/10

Gatrie is a cool guy (I say cool a lot).

He's probably one of, if not THE lowest maintenance character in the game. Just stick him with a Stl great lance for most of the game with one or 2 replacements and he's golden for most of part 3. His stat growths AND bases make your jaw hit the floor, (especially that speed... dude moves pretty fast for a guy wearing heavy armor.) It's a pity his speed cap is weak in tier 2, and he needs to promote in order to double. It's ok if he doesn't though since he's just a goddamn tank and can take heavy physical hits. He also suffers from low movement, although low movement complaints tend to be overblown in this game imo.

Anyway Gatrie is a cool guy/and I have a Light affinity fetish so. 7/10 + 0.5 bias

7.5/10

7/10.

Low movement and speed cap, complete beast in every other area. Great bases, great growths, good weapon choices and ranks.... If only it hadn't been for his speed cap. Still, his strength, speed, and HP will help him BEXP abuse. Insane combat, good weapons, low movement and speed cap.... 7.5/10 I like him, but Shinon's right about hitting on trees with skirts and all that.

I am a non-conformist who writes up her own rating! :o:

Gatrie, that skirt chasing fool who hangs out with Shinon.

Pros:

Dat defense.

Whoa, where did that speed growth come from?

Good bases.

Good base level.

Cons:

Low move.

Gatrie is pretty sturdy. Hes better than his PoR self because speed growth actually happens. Hes got great defense and good bases. He isnt doubling at first but he will eventually. He hits pretty hard and could finish off a Boydening or allow weaker guys to take the kill. Dude is probably the best of his class in the game. While Big T is good, Gatrie is around more and has better growths. Hes a good unit for Provoke too because wall. Bad thing is that hes got piss poor move so he may be straggling behind a bunch. D: If you like, Gatrie may have claim to the Celerity skill. Soren has claim to that on my runs. If hes not walling or smackin' shit around, hes good for a shove bot. Overall, Gatrie is pretty solid. The move can be fixed but that might be contested.

7/10 No bias because i have no strong feelings either way. But he can be a good addition to the team, especially early on.