"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For movement do you always gain it for every promotion unit you max out or no because if you do then whats the point of boots if movement is so easy to max out?

Each class has a set Move score. Characters can exceed that score by two by using Boots. Each character can only ever use one pair of Boots; they don't stack.

Each class has a set Move score. Characters can exceed that score by two by using Boots. Each character can only ever use one pair of Boots; they don't stack.

If I'm not mistaken, that movement value can be augmented by doubling with either a Thief, a Trickster, a Bow Knight, a Dark Knight, a Griffon Knight, a Great Knight, and an Overlord, and further augmented via the Carrier ability. Right?

I also have a question that was on my mind for some time, is there any voice acting outside of skill activations and CG cutscenes?

Edited by Little Al

Battles have voice acting even for regular combat, and there's also brief, generic voice acted lines in regular dialogue.

That's an interesting assessment. He really has a depressing second half of the game; FE7 Marcus doesn't quite have a shitty second half.

True. FE7 Marcus in a game where enemies grow properly, then.

If I'm not mistaken, that movement value can be augmented by doubling with either a thief, a trickster, a Bow Knight, a Dark Knight, a Griffon Knight, a Great Knight, and an Overlord, and further augmented via the Carrier ability. Right?

You can get temporary bonuses totaling up to +6, yes, by having the Movement +1 and Carrier skills, backed up in Double by a character in one of those classes, and under the effects of Movement Cry and Love Cry. This all goes on top of the base Move, which can be up to 10 with Boots included, for a potential total of up to 16 when including the bonuses.

Edited by Othin

Battles have voice acting even for regular combat, and there's also brief, generic voice acted lines in regular dialogue.

By generic voice acted lines in regular dialogue, do you mean anything like what Valkyria Chronicles 2 has with some examples such as various characters cuckling and, just for the sake of naming specifics, Zeri saying "honestly..." in exasperation?

Thief promotions are kinda eh. As Assassins, they get better combat and bows, but they still have awful combat and won't be good with bows at all. As Tricksters, they get better Mag/Res and staffs, but they'll be pretty bad with staffs, as well.

The prepromote Tricksters, however - Anna, Leaf, and Gangrel - all are great with both swords and staffs, especially if you can get them any Thunder Swords. Leaf's staff rank is low, but his Mag is high enough to use Rescue to greta effect, anyway, making him able to support a lot with that staff. I needed several characters spamming Rescue constantly throughout Lunatic, especially later in the game, so it was a great boon.

Edited by Othin

We won't know until we play the map... which won't happen until Wednesday night anyways.

ETA: Highest avoid... Velvet x Ronku -> Chambray X FeMU (best: SPD, worst: STR) results in SPD+11 and LCK+2 modifiers for Mark.

Taguel: SPD51+8 LCK47+6 -> Avoid 115

Bump it up to 135 if you apply Limit Breaker.

Someone else check if the results are right?

Edited by Remnant Sage

We won't know until we play the map... which won't happen until Wednesday night anyways.

ETA: Highest avoid... Velvet x Ronku -> Chambray X FeMU (best: SPD, worst: STR) results in SPD+11 and LCK+2 modifiers for Mark.

Taguel: SPD51+8 LCK47+6 -> Avoid 115

Bump it up to 135 if you apply Limit Breaker.

Someone else check if the results are right?

woops im srry i thought it came out already the news update mislead me

Astra decreases durability by 1 upon activation (0 if Weapon Saver procs), not 1 use per hit.

Vengeance adds damage based on how much HP the unit has lost. It also has a high activation rate (SKL*2 %), so it can pop up quite often if the unit doesn't have a bunch of other skills equipped. Anyways, let's take an example:

Sarya has max 80HP, but she's down to 30HP. When she activates Vengeance, she will add (80-30)/2 points of damage to her attack (+25). It's rather situational, but can come in handy as a bit of a desperation move, or even adding a little more damage. Wouldn't want to leave the unit with so little HP for too long though...

Aether also only consumes 1 durability. And yeah, if necessary for clarification: Weapon Saver can stack with the other chance-activated skills and activate on Dual Attacks, despite other chance skills being unable to.