"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

What are marriage options for Velvet, My Unit, Krom, and Ronku (the myrmidon, not sure if his name is right.)?

Velvet: 1st-gen male potential parents

My Unit: All opposite-genered units, including children (if they're not My Unit's own child) and characters outside of the parent/child system (Mark is not available for marriage, obviously)

Krom: Sumia, Soiree, Mariabel, Olivia, female My Unit

Ronku: 1st-gen female potential parents

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any extra/bonus conversations for other characters who got into a relationship pre-timeskip? In fact, is what happened in that timeskip (other than the obvious) expanded on at all?

To my knowledge, no. In fact, in that respect the time-skip is kind of annoying, since it's quite separate from the support system ("Hey, remember our conversation the other day (a few years ago)?"). Notably, you reunite with Viole at the start of 12, indicating he was elsewhere for part of the time-skip, but nothing changes even if MU is married to him. Kind of a let-down.

Although really, it's not just the time-skip; the whole game ignores most of your relationships. Other than unlocking the child-recruitment side-quests and the Epilogue, specific relationships are brought up only 3 times--Krom's after Chapters 11 and 13, and MU's after Chapter 21 if they partnered with

Krom or Lucina; this conversation is why MU x Lucina is my personal otp.

To my knowledge, no. In fact, in that respect the time-skip is kind of annoying, since it's quite separate from the support system ("Hey, remember our conversation the other day (a few years ago)?"). Notably, you reunite with Viole at the start of 12, indicating he was elsewhere for part of the time-skip, but nothing changes even if MU is married to him. Kind of a let-down.

Although really, it's not just the time-skip; the whole game ignores most of your relationships. Other than unlocking the child-recruitment side-quests and the Epilogue, specific relationships are brought up only 3 times--Krom's after Chapters 11 and 13, and MU's after Chapter 21 if they partnered with

Krom or Lucina; this conversation is why MU x Lucina is my personal otp.

Thanks for that. I believe that the actual ending scene changes slightly depending on whom MU is married to as well, along with whether you

chose to let Krom or MU strike the final blow.

It's neat that Lucina gets some unique scenes though. She's definitely among my favourite characters.

How's the post-game content? Is it just random skirmishes and Spotpass/DLC, or is there something else I can do? Spotpass doesn't appear often, right?

You summon SpotPass characters at will, so they appear however much you want. But DLC is the main focus, as are any endgame sidequests you didn't finish - particularly Valhart's and Paris's, which are substantially harder than the final chapter.

You can go back and play any "regular" sidequests you missed regardless of how long you wait, but you can only play each of them once. This includes the six sidequests distributed through SpotPass for the secret characters.

For the past-game SpotPass characters, yeah, you can summon any characters you've downloaded at any time and as many times each as you want; they appear somewhere on the world map and you can fight them and their subordinates in a skirmish.

Not sure what you mean by "free" DLC, but yes, you can replay any DLC you've unlocked unlimited times per file.

Chapter 17, in one of the chests in the upper left.

Good luck reaching it on the higher difficulties, though. As the first map with entirely promoted enemies, it can be really tough to survive long enough to even reach the chest rather than cutting straight to the boss to end the map as fast as possible.

1. You can probably find a use for each class. Some are better as a Double partner, while others are better as the attacker. Othin, cheetah7071 or a few others can probably give you better details on this. I haven't really thought about it much.

2. You can buy Hammerne staves, but only if Merchant Anna stocks them. It's one of the 10 "rares" she can draw from, so you'll have a better chance of getting them if she spawns (or you summon her) on a Spotpass map (S18~S23) or Ch24/25.

1) There's no simple answer. Swordmaster is great ingame, but once you've learned the skills and are hitting the caps, it's inferior to Assassin as a postgame class. Griffin Knight is a similar story, having the fantastic Carrier skill, but Dragonmaster has better stats, caps, and weapon access, so once you've learned Carrier, there's little reason to stick with Griffin Knight as opposed to becoming a Dragonmaster. As for the best class, it's generally Sorcerer for how destructive it is with Nosferatu, but for the few characters with the Dark Blessing skill, they can use dark magic in other classes as well, with their own advantages, making Sorcerer largely obsolete. Strategist/Grandmaster is also notable as one of the best class series to start in due to access to War Experience and Rainbow Cry, but as with Swordmaster and Griffin Knight, there are better classes to switch into after learning those skills.

2) Hammerne staffs are rare, but you can get them randomly through skirmishes or through buying them from merchants. You can only buy one for each merchant that shows up, though. And ultimately, you can get just about anything else in unlimited quantities as well, so from a postgame perspective, they're not so special.

If you have an S Support between two characters, and the man dies, can the woman get another S Support? What happens if you already completed the Side Quest and unlocked that character's child?

If a married character is defeated, they retreat permanently but survive, like other important characters in past games such as Soren and Titania in the Tellius games.

If a married character is defeated, they retreat permanently but survive, like other important characters in past games such as Soren and Titania in the Tellius games.

So, basically, the characters that would usually die become immortal once they get married? I'd read before that the mothers always retreated, but I hadn't heard about the husbands. Interesting.

So, basically, the characters that would usually die become immortal once they get married? I'd read before that the mothers always retreated, but I hadn't heard about the husbands. Interesting.

Story-wise, yeah, to prevent time paradox.

The classes I've found good postgame use for are Manakete (excellent tanks which sacrifice only a few points of defense compared to swanchika-wielding generals for much more res and a bit more speed), Dark Pegasus (a flying class with a high magic cap and lance fallback to kill high-res enemies), Sage (an insane magic cap and staves; a sage wielding Fala Flame can easily heal 40+ hp with a fortify that covers the entire map), Sorcerer (I've banned nosferatu in my postgame endeavors, but Slime is still a very good weapon), and Berserker (enough strength to just outright kill most enemies with a brave axe before taking a counterattack. Watch out for enemies with axe slayer though).

Swordmaster is potentially good when some more DLC comes out--we may need that through-the-roof speed cap. For now though, even a limit-broken Manakete can double most things, and can double everything after being hit with rainbow cry, love cry, and speed cry.

The thing about Swordmaster is, every character that can be a Swordmaster can also be an Assassin with the exact same Spd cap. Before you reach the cap, Swordmasters have a one-point advantage due to the higher base, and at any point they add an extra point of Spd to allies as a Double bonus, but that's it.

Basically, the potential mothers retreat while the fathers can die. But the only difference is in the death/retreat quote - gameplay-wise, it's the same.

As usual, I'll quote 2ch wiki as the source: http://www18.atwiki.jp/fireemblem3ds/pages/56.html