"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed in the tier list thread people use a ! in between character names/classes. I can kind of understand what it means based on context, but maybe someone could tell me what it exactly means and why it's used for disscussions like these?

Specifying which parent that is able to be variable.

Examples:

Frederick!Owain = Owain with Frederick as the father.

Olivia!Morgan = Morgan with Olivia as the mother.

Avatar!Inigo = Inigo with Avatar as the father.

etc.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I noticed in the tier list thread people use a ! in between character names/classes. I can kind of understand what it means based on context, but maybe someone could tell me what it exactly means and why it's used for disscussions like these?

it's pretty much a universal shorthand for a variant of a person or a thing, with the nature of the variation in question depending on context; for example, in the context of FE13 discussions, "Henry!Severa" indicates a Severa build where Henry is her father, while "Vaike!Severa" instead indicates Vaike being Severa's father

it can be used for pretty much anything involving variation, like classes or skills in the FE context (eg "Sorcerer!Miriel" or "Galeforce!Lucina")

and of course back in the day, Levin!Sety or Levin!Arthur for Levin being each kid's father (yeah I know they have new names now)

as for the 51 forge limit: one forged brave weapon per character=max out!

edit: Frederick in Golden Gaffe: "No, milady. Not possible. Even the pathetic pocket change of all our units would not add up to half of this."

Anna says hi

Edited by shadykid

Is there a pattern to the order reinforcements appear in the last chapter (discounting the fact that they come ad infinitum)?

check the enemy data tab on the Awakening page, it has the pattern there

basically it rotates around in a 20 turn cycle

check the enemy data tab on the Awakening page, it has the pattern there

basically it rotates around in a 20 turn cycle

I checked the enemy data, but there wasn't one for the final chapter.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. However, I was referring to what segment of the map do the reinforcements in question come from.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Ok, so something strange happened. I've been training and reclassing my Lissa for a while now; when she first promoted from Cleric, she went through War Cleric and got Rally Luck and Renewal. I then reclassed her to Dark Flier for Galeforce and then Valkyrie for Support Boost +. I now reclassed her back to War Cleric as her final class, but when she hit level 5 she learned Rally Luck.....again..... Is there any reason for this??? I did unequip Rally Luck the first time after I got Galeforce; does that have anything to do with it? Or is this a glitch?

it's there, just click on another chapter's data for lunatic and go to final from the bottom part of the page

I found it, but it doesn't state which segment of the map the reinforcements in question appear from.

I heard ages ago that you "re-learn" unequipped Skills, so it's probably not a glitch. Maybe an oversight?

Most likely. I've seen SpotPass!Tiki "learn" Odd Rhythm and Wyrmsbane despite the fact that she already knew those skills. I assume it happens when you have the skill that can be learned in that class in that character's skill storage pool.

Edited by Little Al

Oh, ok. I had never heard of that but it makes sense. I was wondering if I had "lost" the skill after unequipping it and had to learn it again (like Pokemon); that would've sucked.

I heard ages ago that you "re-learn" unequipped Skills, so it's probably not a glitch. Maybe an oversight?

Most likely. I've seen SpotPass!Tiki "learn" Odd Rhythm and Wyrmsbane despite the fact that she already knew those skills. I assume it happens when you have the skill that can be learned in that class in that character's skill storage pool.

That's exactly what happens.

RelearningSkills.png

Why is it even an oversight? You class change or reach a level during a battle, and switch skill as a genuine strategy. Sure, not a very useful one, but I don't think it should be called an oversight.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but I didn't have much proof of this but does Despoil only activate on the Player Phase?

My instinct is telling me no but I could be wrong.

It activates at Luck% after you initiatively defeat an enemy. So yes, it only activates during Player Phase.

Don't know if this has been asked or not but:

What happens if a character has both Quick Burn and Slow Burn equipped at the same time. (Nowi, for instance, can learn both skills)

+16 hit/avoid for the first 15 turns, +15 hit/avoid for the rest of the map (lol)

in other words, that combo is complete garbage, and Lucky Seven alone is far superior if you can get it

Edited by shadykid

+16 hit/avoid for the first 15 turns, +15 hit/avoid for the rest of the map (lol)

in other words, that combo is complete garbage, and Lucky Seven alone is far superior if you can get it

Is Lucky Seven really a great skill ?

I was thinking about some skillset for Panne, and I thought Beastbane, Pass and Lethality would be nice. About Lucky Seven, is it betteur than the rythm skills ? And is Acrobatics good too ?

Edited by Ekhynoxx