"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Czar Yosh, I figured it was optimal not to run either, but for the sake of argument if you had to choose between Aegis/Bowbreaker/Iote, what would the breakdown be?

[spoiler=Walhart!Morgan]

maxresdefault.jpg

'Family resemblance'? What's that? o3o

Edited by BANRYU

Is there any reason to give an Avatar a luck, res, or HP asset?

Lck and HP boost both Str and Mag which can be useful if marrying Nowi (large Ignis boosts), though it isn't optimal. Lck gives easy 100% AT without LB (Avatar needs a tonic or any support with 10+ Lck, Morgan needs an alternate parent with at least 0 Lck). Res might be useful for breaking some threshold in Apo in tandem with Res+10, most likely on the Wave 4 Sages, but it's best use is having an earlygame unit with high Res (otherwise you have to wait until Nowi to get someone with both defenses good enough to tank).

@ Czar Yosh, I figured it was optimal not to run either, but for the sake of argument if you had to choose between Aegis/Bowbreaker/Iote, what would the breakdown be?

Bowbreaker is superior, if for no other reason than Apo's Nightmare Sniper. He has Luna+, a Brave Bow, and enough atk/Spd that it's impossible to survive him through stats alone, but he lacks Hawkeye and even though he has 83 Skl he can still be reduced to 0 Hit with Bowbreaker. There are 3 other ways to reach 100% survival rates on him (0% Hit without Bowbreaker/S.Bow, 100% Miracle and 100% Aegis) but all the rest are super-gimmicky and not feasible to pull off in normal combat. With Bowbreaker, Limit and Rally it's pretty easy to get him there though.

Other than him, Bowbreaker works for everything instead of just fliers. It's particularly useful when fighting Archer Risen on Cht.5 and can render them helpless even on Lunatic+ (yes, even if they have Hawkeye), or for Cht.12 in general. The one other specific enemy that deserves special mention for being wrecked by Bowbreaker is Lunatic+ Bovis (the Bow Knight on Cht.22), who is a massive troll and can even give you a headache with grinding.

Is there any reason to give an Avatar a luck, res, or HP asset?

HP is honestly one of the better assets, 5 extra base HP is huge and the 15% growth bonus is very noticeable, not to mention it also boosts the growths of both defences.

Luck and Res are a little less valuable. Luck does make you basically crit immune in the prologue and chapter 1, which is nice I guess, but that's really about where the benefit ends.

Okay, I want to know about Iote's Shield. In theory it seems like a great ability, but I NEVER see people using it or recommending it.

Is Iote's Shield worth using, and if not, why? (If applicable, how does it compare to Bowbreaker?)

One of the major issues with Iote's Shield is that it's a DLC skill, meaning it's mostly only considered in the context of postgame, i.e. Apotheosis, where you generally firstly won't be getting attacked except where you choose to be and secondly and secondly have lots and lots of great options for skills. Making fliers immune to bows and wind, two things that there aren't a huge amount of in Apo and you can just send your flier to deal with other enemies instead (I think like, Wave 3 has a Sniper contingent and Wave 4 has a bunch of Celica's Sages? Been a while), isn't really that great. It's still slightly useful, much like say DEF+2 is still useful, but there's a lot of things you could use that's better in that skill slot.

Oh and regarding Manakete Morgan: My first Lunatic Morgan was a Manakete, and she was awesome.

After seeing a question about if there's a reason to have a luck/Res/HP asset, I'm wondering, is there any good reason to run a Skill asset on Avatar???

---->Possible?<---- to do Apo SP without GF, LB, Einherjar-only, no Pair-Up, no rally, no braves?

Edited by Shades

I am pretty sure the FeMU/Chrom Apoth SR duoing depended on it.

To my knowledge nobody's done Secret Apo with two units yet (mainly due to timers), and if they did, it wouldn't be contingent on an asset that tips the RNG a little, it would be based on Spd/Atk/Def thresholds. There's an Avatar/Chrom normal Apo duo floating around out there, but it's still possible to do that without +Skl.

That said, Skl is an awesome asset and I use it all the time. +4 Skl is a whole 1% of DS rate on Avatar and Morgan, and if you've tried to get 100% DS without DS+ you know how big that is.

---->Possible?<---- to do Apo SP without GF, LB, Einherjar-only, no Pair-Up, no rally, no braves?

Possible? Probably. Fun? No.

Since Vengeance, Rescue and Aggressor are still on the table, you could just Vengeance crit your way through every enemy on the map after thousands of resets. I won't be the one to try it, though.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

To my knowledge nobody's done Secret Apo with two units yet (mainly due to timers), and if they did, it wouldn't be contingent on an asset that tips the RNG a little, it would be based on Spd/Atk/Def thresholds. There's an Avatar/Chrom normal Apo duo floating around out there, but it's still possible to do that without +Skl.

That said, Skl is an awesome asset and I use it all the time. +4 Skl is a whole 1% of DS rate on Avatar and Morgan, and if you've tried to get 100% DS without DS+ you know how big that is.

I primarily brought it up because Skill just seems like it's beaten out by almost everything else in terms of how useful it'd be as an asset.

Ingame it is, but Postgame I'd say it's the best asset after Mag and Spd (and maybe Str). If it breaks the 100% DS threshold on either Morgan or Avatar and you don't have a specific goal in mind for the extra Mag or Spd, then it's possibly the best.

Of course, on challenge runs you almost always will do some degree of planning and once imperfect RNG is back on the table, it's not that great, but still useful.

Ingame it is, but Postgame I'd say it's the best asset after Mag and Spd (and maybe Str). If it breaks the 100% DS threshold on either Morgan or Avatar and you don't have a specific goal in mind for the extra Mag or Spd, then it's possibly the best.

Of course, on challenge runs you almost always will do some degree of planning and once imperfect RNG is back on the table, it's not that great, but still useful.

Maybe, but honestly, I'd rather run an asset that would help in the maingame as well, which Skill doesn't.

What the others said.

Honestly, I think a run like that would be more fun if you put SLIGHTLY fewer limits on yourself :0 Like if you want to do it Einherjar only with no pair-ups, definitely do all the other things, for instance... Gale/Aggressor the shit out of your units.

• 2 months later...

So, I'm aiming to complete as much as the support log as possible in my current run through. I don't want to take forever to do so, so what's the fastest way to do the following with the Avatar:

• Get S rank support each a girl
  • Recruit Morgan, A rank him with the mother
  • A rank Morgan with any sibling
  • Save to a blank file, reload, repeat with different girl

I was thinking of just getting a bunch of Seed of Trusts and going to town, but not sure if that'd actually be faster. Not sure how many seeds are needed for each rank or if there's a cap to using them (the page seemed to indicate that seeds broke the map limit, but it didn't specify if only one would or if multiple could be used).

Hey, I was wondering what happened to this topic.

Seeds of trust save a huge amount of time. It takes one Seed and one map to reach B, one Seed and two maps (or five Seeds and one map) to reach A, and C is automatic. Don't forget to get Morgan's sibling their A with Avatar.

You can use any number of Seeds per map, but you can't keep building up support once you're ready for the next convo. By saving and reloading you get your Seeds back, so ~18 should be all you need (grind on Harvest Scramble with Bow users who have Pass to get them).

It takes a minimum of two runs to get all the supports due to their being two Avatars, but trying to get all of Chrom's supports in one run is slow and you're better off getting those naturally.

27 max, yeah, but it's easier to think in terms of "fight four enemies" because that's all it takes to round up to that threshold. If you want to train multiple pairs per map, you can, but then you can't skip through EP/put PP on auto, because you won't be able to insure that all pairs get enough kills.

Hey, I was wondering what happened to this topic.

Seeds of trust save a huge amount of time. It takes one Seed and one map to reach B, one Seed and two maps (or five Seeds and one map) to reach A, and C is automatic. Don't forget to get Morgan's sibling their A with Avatar.

You can use any number of Seeds per map, but you can't keep building up support once you're ready for the next convo. By saving and reloading you get your Seeds back, so ~18 should be all you need (grind on Harvest Scramble with Bow users who have Pass to get them).

It takes a minimum of two runs to get all the supports due to their being two Avatars, but trying to get all of Chrom's supports in one run is slow and you're better off getting those naturally.

Actually, Morgan and their sibling seem to take the longest in regards to support points, and use up more bond seeds than usual.

Also, just noticed you said Harvest Scramble. Does that have Seed of Trust too? Serenes just says it's a Master Seal, while Summer and Spa have x3 Seeds. Harvest definitely looks easier to navigate than the other two, but don't want to waste money on it if it doesn't have the Seeds. Would rather get Spa out of the other two.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a page on main site that lists the skills that DLC characters come with? I seem to remember there being one but just couldn't recall getting to that page.

Edited by MagicLugh