"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Hmm, good to know, guess its just the RNG.

And a random story speculation question. Based on the story and supports (not classes/stats), would this be the (hypothetical) order of strongest warriors?

Walhart > Basilio = Gregor > Lon'qu > Frederick > Chrom = Sully > Vaike

Those are the characters I remember that have multiple mentions of sparring/being competitive/fighting each other.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, good to know, guess its just the RNG.

And a random story speculation question. Based on the story and supports (not classes/stats), would this be the (hypothetical) order of strongest warriors?

Walhart > Basilio = Gregor > Lon'qu > Frederick > Chrom = Sully > Vaike

Those are the characters I remember that have multiple mentions of sparring/being competitive/fighting each other.

Depends on what you mean by strength. Walhart is obviously beaten despite physical strength twice, both times by Chrom, story wise at least. Lon'qu isn't really better than Frederick I would say, and more on par with Chrom and Lucina, as stated in game. Finally, I'd say Vaike and Sully are about the same, and that Chrom is better than both, if only slightly.Sparing isn't exactly a measure of combat ability either.

Depends on what you mean by strength. Walhart is obviously beaten despite physical strength twice, both times by Chrom, story wise at least. Lon'qu isn't really better than Frederick I would say, and more on par with Chrom and Lucina, as stated in game. Finally, I'd say Vaike and Sully are about the same, and that Chrom is better than both, if only slightly.Sparing isn't exactly a measure of combat ability either.

That's right I forgot that Lucina beat Lon'qu easily before the start of the Feroxi tournament. I meant "stronger" in a general sense (A beats B in combat). Game stats don't show it but I think Gregor (maybe Chrom) is the strongest in the Shepherds which made me think who the OP characters might be if Awakening was a fighting-type game. (A non-SRPG FE game? Cut that crap out.)

^No, Chrom and Sully are equal.

From their A Support:

Chrom: Yes, we've come a long way, Sully, and yet we're still evenly matched.

Using supports only, but then again Supports says Stahl would be better than Sully, thus both. I'm trying to factor some of the story into this too. Also, Supports aren't always the most reliable place for information. All kinds of things come into play when facing someone you know personally and have feelings of any type, hate included, towards.

That's right I forgot that Lucina beat Lon'qu easily before the start of the Feroxi tournament. I meant "stronger" in a general sense (A beats B in combat). Game stats don't show it but I think Gregor (maybe Chrom) is the strongest in the Shepherds which made me think who the OP characters might be if Awakening was a fighting-type game. (A non-SRPG FE game? Cut that crap out.)

Donnel is the strongest Shepard using stats, though.:P

Also, Lucina only wins because Lon'qu realizes that she is a woman. Bassilo thinks that they are evenly matched.

Edited by TheFreshestSlice

Also, Lucina only wins because Lon'qu realizes that she is a woman. Bassilo thinks that they are evenly matched.

Wow. A moment of epiphany. I always thought the reason Lucina beat Lon'qu was because she knew of Lon'qu's fighting style from the future. Your statement makes more sense. My mind is blown lol.

You probably know but same thing with ally Marth in chapter 6 if she is below 50% health.

Just to say, Ally AI and Enemy AI act very differently.

Most allies stand still and use healing items, attacking if thing are in range. Ch6 Marth will use her Falchion to heal if she has any damage at all, unless she can kill an adjacent enemy, while Ch4 Marth will only use it once she's at <=20 HP [LM].

Some [severa, P3 Villagers] move in scripted paths.

Others function more like the OLD Enemy AI. [Particularly FE4's]

They prioritize survival to some degrees, but do things like piling up near strong enemies and simply doing nothing. They mostly don't do the whole suicide bomb thing the enemy does, and they use Healing items and Staves far more frequently. [Their Staffers tend to prioritize YOUR units though, which can be irritating at times].

Ch6 Marth will use her Falchion to heal if she has any damage at all, unless she can kill an adjacent enemy, while Ch4 Marth will only use it once she's at <=20 HP [LM].

Hmm, I could have sworn that on my current Lunatic+, she didn't heal after getting hit by a Dark Mage (she was at a little more than half HP after the attack). I remember realizing too late after I ended my next turn that she hadn't healed because she was killed by a Cavalier and the same Dark Mage right after.

No procs work, all Breakers still give you the Hit boost but don't change enemy Avo, all stat boosting skills including Aggressor work, all combat Auras work (Hex, Anathema, Charm, Demoiselle, Solidarity), postbattle skills (Lifetaker, Galeforce, Despoil) don't work, all Dual+ skills work, and enemy defensive skills (PavGis, Counter) don't work.

I've never done Apotheosis (yet) so I don't know how hard it is but I'm curious. Would it be possible to beat it, if your units were in Tier 1 classes but had Limit Breaker? Or is it a crazy question lol.

Edited by xcel

I've never done Apotheosis (yet) so I don't know how hard it is but I'm curious. Would it be possible to beat it, if your units were in Tier 1 classes but had Limit Breaker? Or is it a crazy question lol.

I don't think even that will be possible... at least on the secret path anyway.

That throne Hawkeye Luna+ counter zerker will wreck you.

That berserker sounds horrible. I guess I'll die a swift painful death when I try it..

According to some sources, female Avatar voice 1 is Michelle Ruff (who is voice 3), but a few used to say that voice 1 is Wendee Lee (who does voice 2). I'm somewhat familiar with Ruff's work and have listened to several voice clips for both of them, but neither woman has a tone that fits voice 1. Is it just assumed that one of them doubles up and plays voice 1 since there isn't a third voice actress listed, or is it stated on a more official site?

Pretty sure that AC's done it before.

[4/9/14 8:44:25 PM] Boron: You know that lolwut revenant video you posted a while back?

[4/9/14 8:44:28 PM] soc: yeah

[4/9/14 8:44:35 PM] Boron: You've noticed that it's not just revenants

[4/9/14 8:44:52 PM] Boron: But occasionally sometimes characters will do their "pre-battle pose" when they're being attacked?

[4/9/14 8:45:17 PM] Boron: I'm not sure what exactly causes the "glitch", but I've noticed that this glitch happens a lot with my character who has Pavise, and earlier today with my character that has Aegis

[4/9/14 8:45:30 PM] Boron: So I'm wondering if those two skills may be affecting it?

[4/9/14 8:51:22 PM] soc: If whoeveractivates a skill first.

[4/9/14 8:51:27 PM] soc: Particularly a defensive skill.

[4/9/14 8:51:42 PM] soc: Will "move" first.

[4/9/14 8:51:45 PM] Boron: That makes sense

[4/9/14 8:51:59 PM] Boron: well, if the skill is "slated" to trigger or something?

[4/9/14 8:52:14 PM] Boron: Because in the lolwut revenant video (which I checked just before PMing you) apparently Annie attacked at range?

[4/9/14 8:53:18 PM] soc: Miracle.

[4/9/14 8:53:30 PM] Boron: Oh, it applies to miracle as well

[4/9/14 8:53:34 PM] soc: If she activated Ignis, the revenant wouldn't have had that pose.

[4/9/14 8:53:39 PM] Boron: Got it

[4/9/14 8:53:45 PM] soc: Whoever "activates" a skill first gets the prebattle pose movement.

[4/9/14 8:53:53 PM] Boron: Okay, that makes a lot of sense

[4/9/14 8:53:58 PM] soc: If no one does, the attacker will do so.

[4/9/14 8:54:04 PM] Boron: Thanks, I was wondering what this was about

[4/9/14 8:54:04 PM] soc: Another thing about enemies.

[4/9/14 8:54:15 PM] soc: Their critical animations will only activate under the following conditions:

[4/9/14 8:54:20 PM] soc: 1. They will not kill their opponent.

[4/9/14 8:54:38 PM] soc: 2. An exception to the above is if they will kill their opponent on their first ATTACKING strike.

[4/9/14 8:54:57 PM] soc: 3. Because of the following, cut-ins will not show up on critical only counter attacks for enemies

[4/9/14 8:55:05 PM] soc: (which explains Walhart's lack of a cut-in for Basilio)

[4/9/14 8:55:09 PM] Boron: Okay, that makes sense

[4/9/14 8:55:17 PM] soc: Maybe you should post this somewhere

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT WORKING >:/

Edited by Sangyul

He pretty much ruled it as impractical because it's in casual mode and requires RNG abusing to not get someone killed even with optimal pairings.

Edited by shadowofchaos

lYR4a7b.jpg

Yep.

He pretty much ruled it as impractical because it's in casual mode and requires RNG abusing to not get someone killed even with optimal pairings.

The T1 run? Not so much. LB/Agg/Rally is so OP it's absurd.

It's nuts, but the No Limit/Agg/Rally run is a lot harder. That was the near impractical one.

The catch to T1 is you have a lot of tanking trouble because 65 Max HP sucks [sR Wave 4/5 Berserkers cannot be tanked at all- they hit for 70+ if you try to meet their SPD requirement, and if you go for their DEF requirement (70) you'll be outsped and doubled]. On the other hand, there's no problem killing things. Which makes the run a lot more manageable than that other run- for instance you can gang up on the zerkers with Double Bows- chunk more than half their HP and pull back [Hell, drop a Mire for good measure].

Wave 5 is a nightmare with the time limit though. (Mire is kinda needed to pull the Sorcs into positions to kill them in a timely fashion. [Once harmed, they'll charge you, even if the attack does no damage or misses])

Archers are the best class for the run for a lot of it. [Having R3 is huge]

Full list of issues with T1 in addition to mostly lower stats:

1. Low Max HP [65 vs. 85]- means effectively all normal survival thresholds are 20 higher, and all Luna+ Threshes are 40 Higher. [Don't expect to tank any Aethers any time soon either (Anna can have her hit tanked though, so that's manageable)].

2. Hit Rates can be bothersome: Particularly on Invincisorc, Thronie, and Anna. [Although this is caused by lower stats] [Anna-- you probably want something that can tank her *cough*Lon'qu!Severa@Wyvern*cough* so you can slug her with a Mire/Longbow and have her de-throne]

3. Dual Staff/Tome doesn't exist: this means you can't dual-role your main force, reducing mobility. This also means you can't "Rescue Out" your entire force like you can in normal. The lower mobility becomes a major issue during wave 5.

Edited by Airship Canon