"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

For the most part your Rallybots don't really matter, just so long as you have (ideally) all ten rallies between two characters. You may even like to have a third rallybot with just some key rallies only, probably Spectrum/Heart/Magic/Speed/Move. Generally, spotpass characters are used for this, as well they have Avatar reclass limits (including therefore Rally Spectrum). I personally am quite fond of Emmeryn as a rallybot, just because I don't like using DLC characters (and her plus a Male Avatar can cover all 10) and she can get rally Magic/Resistance/Luck/Heart/Move/Speed.

Ideally then you put your Rallybots in a flying class and then avoid them ever needing to see combat.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're only using one Rallybot, go with Spectrum, Heart, Skl, Spd, and Str/Mag. If you have two, use all ten, one will need to be female and one will need to be male or DLC Palla/Katarina. You could use three, but I generally find that if I have enough power to spread my units over the whole map, I also have enough power for some of them to hold their own without Rallies.

I have a character question.

I was reading Lon'qu's page on the Fire Emblem wiki, and it states that he's originally from Chon'sin. I didn't remember reading that anywhere in the game, so I skimmed over several of his supports, including the past-revealing ones he had with Cherche and Tharja, just to make sure. Nothing there either. Cherche's even said that she met Ke'ri's parents in Regna Ferox. At this point I'm pretty sure that the whole Chon'sin thing is nothing but speculation that may or may not be based on the apostrophe in his name, but I figured I'd double-check just to make sure there was nothing I missed.

I was reading Lon'qu's page on the Fire Emblem wiki, and it states that he's originally from Chon'sin. I didn't remember reading that anywhere in the game, so I skimmed over several of his supports, including the past-revealing ones he had with Cherche and Tharja, just to make sure. Nothing there either. Cherche's even said that she met Ke'ri's parents in Regna Ferox. At this point I'm pretty sure that the whole Chon'sin thing is nothing but speculation that may or may not be based on the apostrophe in his name, but I figured I'd double-check just to make sure there was nothing I missed.

Have you checked Basilio's Scramble convos? It sounds like something that would be in there, though I haven't gone through them myself.

Pure Speculation, never stated. It's like people saying Ricken is the youngest character [except unlike that, nothing says otherwise either].

Lon'qu and Ke'ri match up with Say'ri and Yen'fay for naming conventions, so that's a huge point towards the idea.

So Staffbots are no good to double as Rally-bots? Hmm. Interesting. Is there anyone in particular who's recommended as a Rallybot? Ladies like the regular Pegasi class-sets from gen 1 maybe?

You don't want to double duty Staff/Rally if you can avoid it. Rallybots ideally just rally. Staffbots use Staves. Both actions are turn enders, and you want to use Rallies at the start of Player Phase to maximize benefit, and that means you won't be using them to staff later.

Just use Einherjar for Rallybots. Having all 10 rallies between two is the main idea.

Pure Speculation, never stated. It's like people saying Ricken is the youngest character [except unlike that, nothing says otherwise either].

Lon'qu and Ke'ri match up with Say'ri and Yen'fay for naming conventions, so that's a huge point towards the idea.

Additionally, the three of those that ever appear as map units are the only natural Myrmidons in the game, except for Owain (who happens to be recruited in an unnamed part of Valm that could very well be Chon'sin).

I'd wager that Lon'qu's parents were just emigrants from Chon'sin to Ferox if I had to guess. They're obviously of Chon'sinean descent, but it's entirely possible that they were born in Ferox and such.

As for Ricken, there's evidence that he isn't in fact the youngest in the army; in Lissa's supports with Donnel she mentions that he's the youngest one in the army, just under her. Also, Ricken is stated to 'look and act like a child', implying that he's actually older despite his immature appearance.

EDIT: Allright so I have a dumb question. How is Cherche's name supposed to be pronounced? Since the romanization of her Japanese name is 'Serge', I'm guessing that it's similarly pronounced as like a French thing, but really I have no idea. Is there any way to know, even?

Edited by BANRYU

I'd wager that Lon'qu's parents were just emigrants from Chon'sin to Ferox if I had to guess. They're obviously of Chon'sinean descent, but it's entirely possible that they were born in Ferox and such.

As for Ricken, there's evidence that he isn't in fact the youngest in the army; in Lissa's supports with Donnel she mentions that he's the youngest one in the army, just under her. Also, Ricken is stated to 'look and act like a child', implying that he's actually older despite his immature appearance.

EDIT: Allright so I have a dumb question. How is Cherche's name supposed to be pronounced? Since the romanization of her Japanese name is 'Serge', I'm guessing that it's similarly pronounced as like a French thing, but really I have no idea. Is there any way to know, even?

I speak French so I just pronounce the name the way I pronounce the verb 'Chercher'(Je cherche, tu cherches, il cherche, etc.)

'Share-sh' is the closest I could find to how you'd pronounce it(or you can use google translate: http://translate.google.com/#en/fr/seeks)

Actually Lon'qu is definitely from Chon'sin; I was one of the people who first pointed that out (and possibly before he got renamed in the English release).

It's briefly mentioned on the Japanese official site, in the section where Anna discusses each chapter: here.

いや、出身はソンシンだ。西の大陸の一地方だな。

"Nope, he's from Chon'sin, a region on the western continent."

Edited by VincentASM

Actually Lon'qu is definitely from Chon'sin; I was one of the people who first pointed that out (and possibly before he got renamed in the English release).

It's briefly mentioned on the Japanese official site, in the section where Anna discusses each chapter: here.

"Nope, he's from Chon'sin, a region on the western continent."

Well, I guess that answers my question entirely! Now it makes sense why the localization team chose to make his heritage more obvious. Thank you for clearing that up.

Is there a thread about a "what if" scenario for Awakening's story? Things like speculation on what would have happened if Lucina didn't stop the assassins in Chapter 6, Walhart succeeded in his campaign, etc. I'm curious to read different theories that members here have made.

Lucina not stopping Emmeryn's assassination kind of already happened in the bad future. Without her sacrifice to cause mass desertion amongst Plegia's troops, the war becomes a war of attrition, draining both countries. Walhart wouldn't have won because Excellus was corrupted by Aversa to betray Walhart in case he actually succeeded in defeating Chrom&co.

I forgot that Excellus was "a puppet" to Aversa. Thanks for your input, I was just wondering "what if" scenarios were discussed here.

Also, +1 to Cherche, and that's a nice fan art of her.

So here's a question: if I enter a battle at >50% HP, get knocked below 50%, and then strike again, will Wrath be active on the second strike? Conversely, if I enter a battle at <50%, activate Sol/use Nos on my first attack and go above 50%, will Wrath still be active for the second hit?

So here's a question: if I enter a battle at >50% HP, get knocked below 50%, and then strike again, will Wrath be active on the second strike? Conversely, if I enter a battle at <50%, activate Sol/use Nos on my first attack and go above 50%, will Wrath still be active for the second hit?

Yes;No. Wrath updates in battle, as does any other HP-based skill [but Vantage doesn't do anything mid-fight]

The first case is responsible for 100% of the non-cutscene 0% Criticals [it won't count the +20% Crit until a fight is initiated where Wrath is already active, but it's there and functional].

Lucina not stopping Emmeryn's assassination kind of already happened in the bad future. Without her sacrifice to cause mass desertion amongst Plegia's troops, the war becomes a war of attrition, draining both countries. Walhart wouldn't have won because Excellus was corrupted by Aversa to betray Walhart in case he actually succeeded in defeating Chrom&co.

Excellus is shown to be amazingly ineffectual.

A Walhart victory is hilariously likely, and is a total Game Over scenario for the Grimleal. [Grima? Well, his cult is being genocided. He's not coming back today, tomorrow, or ever.]

Edited by Airship Canon

Yes;No. Wrath updates in battle, as does any other HP-based skill [but Vantage doesn't do anything mid-fight]

The first case is responsible for 100% of the non-cutscene 0% Criticals [it won't count the +20% Crit until a fight is initiated where Wrath is already active, but it's there and functional].

OK, thanks. I just got a LB-capped GK who was grinding for skills on LB3 killed by Julius while start mashing and couldn't think of a better explanation, but wanted to confirm it.

Note to self: GKs reek.

Edit- another question: will Cht.4 Marth ever heal with Falchion?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Yes. Yes she will. [so will LB 3/Spotpass King Marth (and RaR Marth) with Exalted Falchion]

Enemies heal below 50%.

The only difference in healing AI in Awakening vs. Older games is they don't move to heal, unless they're moving to trade items [concoction wyvern on Ch 7.]

In fact, healing self > killing you (so that may help you out if she winds up low HP, with one of your units at low HP, but then again, 20 HP is 50% of her HP.]

Edited by Airship Canon

Yes. Yes she will. [so will LB 3/Spotpass King Marth (and RaR Marth) with Exalted Falchion]

Enemies heal below 50%.

The only difference in healing AI in Awakening vs. Older games is they don't move to heal, unless they're moving to trade items [concoction wyvern on Ch 7.]

In fact, healing self > killing you (so that may help you out if she winds up low HP, with one of your units at low HP, but then again, 20 HP is 50% of her HP.]

Oh? Enemies trade items in awakening? I don't think I've ever seen it. (not that I don't believe you)

Oh? Enemies trade items in awakening? I don't think I've ever seen it. (not that I don't believe you)

They do, it's not common though, because there's very little in the way of healing items. [Compared to say, RD, which had every third enemy with a Vulnerary or Concoction.]

The biggest notables are some early wyverns who do shuffle around a concoction (at least on Lunatic(+)).

Healing items are the only thing traded though. [A streetpass team won't pass out weapons to unarmed members.]

I just have two questions regarding the StreetPass feature. For now at least.

1. ​Can you have more than one StreetPass team sent out?
  2. Is any StreetPass team overwritten when you delete or save over any file that has them?

Yes.

I've had to deal with that on Lunatic Casual when I was trying to get crits.

I just have two questions regarding the StreetPass feature. For now at least.

• ​Can you have more than one StreetPass team sent out?
  • Is any StreetPass team overwritten when you delete or save over any file that has them?

1. No.

2. No. They get overwritten when you send out a new on on your SD card. Your 3DS sends them out regardless of the current state of your save files. Just like most titles, Streetpass data from your 3DS gets sent even when you're not playing the game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I searched this topic and found that hit is calculated by 2 RNs. Are crits based on only 1 RN? Am I just unlucky when a 100% hit 40% crit killing edge never activates but a 100% hit 9% thunder activates twice in a match?