dont post here

Percivalé

##Vote: Helios

I can still try and lynch you.

And what's to say one of two things: I'm lying about how many shots I have, or someone else might also be a dayvig? 8)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the off chance anyone cares; not gotta be around for about 3 hours after this post

don't even bother trying to get ahold of me; will be busy doing PHYSICS

Edited by Manix

When Theatre ends at earliest. I don't like managing more than one game at once and 25 players without a cohost is going to be hard no matter how I do it.

I want to change my avatar should I change my avatar

maybe I'll play mafia differently when I decide to play again

it's due for a change but I don't know what to

Edited by La Levedad

I want to change my avatar should I change my avatar

maybe I'll play mafia differently when I decide to play again

it's due for a change but I don't know what to

Change it to a gif of some really angry-looking guy slamming the table, to signify a new, no-nonsense, aggressive playstyle where you yell at people and make them wet their pants.

Or change it to a Hamtaro pic, I dunno.

what if i changed it to karel

Well that would signify less pant-wetting and more blood-spilling. Whatever works for you, I guess.

Unless it's FE6 Karel, in which case you would be inactive until the very last day, where you would explode with awesomeness and lead your side to victory.

Psych, you are so late to the party. Like, really late.

It will be my future first cosplay someday

can you imagine it

tumblr_m54wyeqJrY1qkyw2wo2_400.jpg

It will be my future first cosplay someday

can you imagine it

tumblr_m54wyeqJrY1qkyw2wo2_400.jpg

What if it was actually a Shanan cosplay tho.

Would a sufficiently advanced Shanan cosplay, so as to be indistinguishable from Karel cosplay, be like, a bizz!trap?

Edited by L1049

There's something that's been bothering me a little and I'd like to address it.

I don't know if this belongs in the info thread since it's sorta informational but it's also sort of just a rant by someone who just happens to be really really bothered by a trend going on here.

(No, I'm not going to mention any names because I'm not talking about any particular players in general. If you think I am, well, you're frankly going to have to get over it, because I'm not.)

Guilt trip posts.

But I don't see these only happen within games--I've seen them happen outside of games, too. It counts as AtE, and it can be a harmful form of it. And I've been thinking (probably unnecessarily) hard about this issue as of late, but let me get down to a few examples:

"I thought you were better/smarter than this."

No. Stop. This is especially aggravating to me because not only can it be hurtful to more sensitive players (or anger them and affect the way they play), but it also counts as ad hominem which is a logical fallacy and therefore not even a legitimate argument to be using against someone in the first place, so stop it.

"You're only biased against me/the way I play and that's why the game went the direction that it did."

or

"I only lost because the rest of my team sucks."

or

"All of you suck and I don't know how you guys won."

These are, obviously, all endgame examples of guilt trips, and can possibly (perhaps unconsciously) affect the way that people play in future games. Yes, perhaps they might motivate someone into playing more efficiently next time, or being more active in future games, or trying to improve the way they work in a team; however, they can also possibly affect someone's meta and can also come off as rather arrogant/elitist to other players, especially the first two.

I'm partially guilty of using the third one--I'm not completely clean here, either. I think that some of these can be unconscious, so I'm not entirely pinning the blame on anyone here.

I'm just trying to bring awareness to this and emphasize how these things can be harmful to mafia communities as a whole, and well, any sort of gaming community, really. Trying to guilt someone else into believing a certain thing is poor sportsmanship, and should, at least consciously, be avoided.

This was brought to you by a player notorious for being rather emotional and therefore has been, in the past, affected by some of these statements (and others that I have not listed).

And please don't start attacking me for this post because I don't feel like hearing it right now. You don't have to listen to me at all.

Edited by La Levedad

Sorry if this annoys you Bizz, but lemme bring up a rather (silly) example. Let's say we're responding to each other. You're pointing out logical flaws and whatnot, and my responses are immature, snippy, and generally have nothing to do with your arguments. I think in that situation, a smack over the head in the form of "cut that out, you're better than this" is warranted.

but then aren't you still attacking other people that way? It doesn't help anyone really, it just make all the parties involved feel crappy.