NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

*Sigh* yet another loss for the Lions. Out of their 9 losses this year, only one of them has been by more than a score (a 10 point loss to the Vikings). They really need to learn how to win close games and be more clutch. This really falls on the coaching first then the players, but this could just be a fluke season. They won a lot of close games last year. Ahh this is just disappointing :/.

At least Calvin Johnson is still a beast despite the Madden curse.

Edited by Helios

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Wilson!!!!!!

What we learned today:

Mike Shanahan is going to make RG3 into a pocket passer by literally running him into the ground.

The Seahawks Marquez'd the Cards. Like 58 times.

The NFC East may end up being decided by Kirk Cousins.

Baltimore is not a great defensive team anymore. I think they'll lose in their first game.

It's possible for me to not even be the slightest bit sad about a Cowboys win. Two weeks in a row an NFL player dies. Wow.

Adrian Peterson will drag Christian Ponder's terrible ass into the playoffs if it's the last thing his surgically repaired knee does.(Assuming his surgically repaired knee hits 2000 first)

Chan Gailey's team scores 12 pts and CJ Spiller touches it 8 times... He will go quietly and be fired.

The Falcons are-- never mind, we already figured this out a couple years ago.

And last but not least, NORV TURNER WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!

The NFC Playoff picture is quite cluttered

I'd say 9 teams and Maybe 10 are still in the picture

Atlanta(11-2)

San Francisco(9-3-1) owns H2H tiebreakers over Green Bay, Seattle(1 more game to play), Chicago

Green Bay(9-4) owns H2H tiebreakers over Chicago(1 more game to play), St. Louis, Minnesota(1 more to play)

New York(8-5) owns H2H tiebreakers over San Francisco, Green Bay

Seattle(8-5) owns H2H tiebreakers over Dallas, Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay

Chicago(8-5) owns H2H tiebreakers over Dallas

Washington(7-6) owns H2H tiebreakers over Dallas, Minnesota, New York

Dallas(7-6)

Minnesota(7-6) owns H2H tiebreakers over San Francisco

St. Louis(6-6-1) owns H2H tiebreakers over San Francisco, Washington, Seattle 1 to play)

The NFC Playoff picture is quite cluttered

I'd say 9 teams and Maybe 10 are still in the picture

Atlanta(11-2)

San Francisco(9-3-1) owns H2H tiebreakers over Green Bay, Seattle(1 more game to play), Chicago

Green Bay(9-4) owns H2H tiebreakers over Chicago(1 more game to play), St. Louis, Minnesota(1 more to play)

New York(8-5) owns H2H tiebreakers over San Francisco, Green Bay

Seattle(8-5) owns H2H tiebreakers over Dallas, Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay

Chicago(8-5) owns H2H tiebreakers over Dallas

Washington(7-6) owns H2H tiebreakers over Dallas, Minnesota, New York

Dallas(7-6)

Minnesota(7-6) owns H2H tiebreakers over San Francisco

St. Louis(6-6-1) owns H2H tiebreakers over San Francisco, Washington, Seattle 1 to play)

Everyone knows this is St. Louis' year for the Superbowl. :D

*Sigh* yet another loss for the Lions. Out of their 9 losses this year, only one of them has been by more than a score (a 10 point loss to the Vikings). They really need to learn how to win close games and be more clutch. This really falls on the coaching first then the players, but this could just be a fluke season. They won a lot of close games last year. Ahh this is just disappointing :/.

The turning point of that game was the Stafford fumble. Packers seem to have no answer for the Lions offense, Stafford fumbles, and then the Lions don't seem to have any idea how to score anymore.

I was hoping for Steelers vs Falcons for the Super Bowl, but that isn't going to happen since the Steelers shouldn't get into the playoffs this time. They need good draft picks first as I said before.

Well shit, Texans.

I felt like we missed Cushing a lot in this game. Kubiak came out with a terrible game plan running on 2& 14 every chance he got. Schaub looked terrible and Ben Tate didn't get a carry until the game was way over.

Cya cam Cameron

Here's hoping we will have a more consistent flacco and a heavily utilized ray rice coming out of this

Nope, Jim Caldwell.

I was extremely aggravated by the fact Stafford kept pitching it to Sheffler and Durham instead of Johnson. WTF? Really, you're going to throw it to a guy off the practice squad, and the white dude who drops lots of easy catches instead of your all-world receiver who is known for going up and getting the ball even double covered? Why the hell do we have him then? At least Bell had a nice day catching it out of the backfield. Very disappointing game, we finally start strong, and then give it up in the second half. Looks like Detroit really is only capable of playing competitively for two quarters.

Everyone on the Lions has been dropping easy catches this year lol. I honestly think that people are underrating Stafford this year, when if you look at the stats he's actually having a good year. His TDs and completion percentage are down (this is partially due to his decision making, but also due to more rushing TDs as well as all the drops), but he's thrown for over 4000 yards already and has only thrown 12 interceptions so far this year. That's not very bad actually. If the Lions were winning, and he had these numbers, we'd be talking about how Stafford is following up well after his good year last year. His biggest problem this year really has been decision making. He's not throwing the ball enough to Calvin, and instead forcing the ball through small holes to guys like Pettigrew, Scheffler, and whatever 3rd WR we have playing the week.

I honestly think we need to fire our coordinators. Gunther Cunningham doesn't know how to call a play on third down or put pressure on the QB with more than 4 pass rushers, and Linehan keeps trying to force a running game out of the shotgun which doesn't really work in the NFL. Not to mention, how many times have you seen Stafford run a play action when under center? The Lions playcalling has been way too predictable which is why Stafford occasionally has to force the ball in there and hope one of his receivers make a play (which doesn't happen all that often).

Also starting to wonder if Mayhew will keep his job. His picks the last two years haven't been panning out really. Yeah they still have some time, but when you draft 6 defensive players and they only have less than 20 tackles COMBINED, you know something is up.

Actually that's not necessarily true. Lions only have 90 penalties this year, which compared to most other teams is normal. For example, Packers and Saints have committed 87, and the Ravens have committed 96 (3 random teams I just looked up). Suh's only committed one offsides penalty all year technically (it's just that every time he touches a QB the media is in an uproar). They've committed a couple key ones though that have screwed them over, but last year they were a lot worse with penalties and they were still 10-6 so I think penalties aren't as big of a factor this year. When a team is losing though, it's easy to just point fingers and find excuses, but the fact of the matter is that the Lions are under-performing.

The Steelers under-performed too. But that was mostly due to all the injuries they racked up. I was shocked at what happened with them this season. I expected way better since they changed up their o-line with some young guys. But the youngsters ended up either getting hurt or getting a bunch of penalties! The defense for the most part was fine and that's where many of our older guys are. So much for people's claims that the Steelers are too old and fragile!

Just compare all the defensive injuries to the offensive injuries on the team this year.

Defensive:

- Polamalu

- Woodley

- Taylor

Offensive:

- Ben

- Pouncey (only a couple years or so of exp)

- Gilbert

- Adams (a rookie)

- DeCastro (another rookie)

- Brown (he's only been around for a few years or so)

- Mendenhall

- Redman

- Dwyer (I know this guy is young too, but I'm not sure how old exactly)

I think there were a couple other guys from the offense that got hurt too, but I can't remember them at the moment. But as you see, the offense had at least THREE TIMES as many injured players as our "too old" defense and a lot of these injured guys were young and even rookies. I don't count Harrison because he was benched at the beginning of the season for something from last season. Mendenhall was too, but he got benched again later on, which means he must have irritated his wound.

When Ben came back though... I realize he wasn't 100%, but the team just messed up against the Chargers. I realize that the Chargers' defense was good, but the Steelers were healthier than they'd been against the Ravens, whom they beat. They should've played better against San Diego.

Just saying, I somewhat know how you guys feel.

Dammit Bob this isn't the fantasy thread! Hahaha. I have Green-Ellis on two of my teams and needed him to play well so yeahhhhh.

Philly is just looking worse and worse now. 5 turnovers today? Blame Andy Reid and the coaching staff all you want, but the players aren't producing.

Actually that's not necessarily true. Lions only have 90 penalties this year, which compared to most other teams is normal. For example, Packers and Saints have committed 87, and the Ravens have committed 96 (3 random teams I just looked up). Suh's only committed one offsides penalty all year technically (it's just that every time he touches a QB the media is in an uproar). They've committed a couple key ones though that have screwed them over, but last year they were a lot worse with penalties and they were still 10-6 so I think penalties aren't as big of a factor this year. When a team is losing though, it's easy to just point fingers and find excuses, but the fact of the matter is that the Lions are under-performing.

I wasn't really talking about penalties as I was the inability to make plays they have no excuse not making or playing stupid. That would include poor tackling, stupid passes, breakdowns in coverage, drops, etc. Things that need to polished so the team looks good. They have talent - they even show off their talent most of the time - they just don't make the easy plays that win ball games.

17-ZIP Broncos, thanks to a NICE pick that resulted in a 98 yard TD return! That was almost a mirror play of James Harrison's 100 yard TD return from Super Bowl 43. The last name of the guy who intercepted it is Harris too. lol

Sorry Ravens, but Flacco just loves to mess up big time. :P

If the Ravens lose, I'm hoping that that gives the Steelers a confidence boost, and maybe they'll go back to being the true Steel Curtain that pulls out a can of whoop-ass. Which means maybe they won't need more good draft picks after all.

Edited by Anacybele