Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

Hosted by Paperblade and Levity.

"First Annual Nostalgia Reunion—

A chance to regroup, mingle, see old faces"

A rickety, old-fashion building dons the freshly-painted sign at the front entrance where a smaller figure stands next to a larger one. They have specially prepared this occasion to be held the following night. Dozens of roles from lands far away were to group up and see each other after many years and many mafia games. It would be a heartwarming tale of friendships and rivalries that withstood heavy tests of time and distance and hard life decisions, truly a timeless class lavished with metaphors, important life lessons, and drunken party guests.

But when the night arrived, something seemed different. There was something ecstatic in the air. The hosts stood amongst the mingling merrymakers to make an announcement.

"Hello and welcome to all of the fine guests and friends that have gathered here. Now that the festivities are reaching its peak, what say we hold a grand event?" Awed gasps and excited whispering spread amongst the crowd. The smaller host vanished behind him, in preparation for something sublime. The taller host continued to speak.

"How does a mafia game sound… for old time’s sake? It has been such a long time, it would be a shame not to have a bit of fun first. I, of course, will be your host, just like I’ve always been." Many in the crowd nodded and giggled in approval (some of them perhaps too drunk to properly respond), and suddenly waves of confetti began to stream from the ceiling. The two hosts and the middle-aged players all arranged themselves into a circle. Even those that didn't approve no longer had a choice, as the confetti was all over their food.

[spoiler=Rules]1. This game is NOC. Don't talk outside the thread unless I say you can.

2. No deadtalking. No screenshots.

3. If you have less posts than the hosts during a phase update, I will consider subbing you. Ditto for if you miss a night action.

4. Don't try to break rules to give your team an advantage. It won't work out.

5. Don't try to abuse loopholes. I like to keep rules simple and the nature of this game means that there might be a lot of weird interactions that I hadn't considered.

6. If you are modkilled, you lose.

[spoiler=Mechanics]1. Information results may be inaccurate.

2. Vote in the form ##Vote: USER.

3. This game starts on Day 1. Days last 72 hours or until there is a hammer as determined by the host. If someone is hammered (that is, has over 50% of all possible votes) and all day actions are in, a host will end the phase as soon as possible. Nights last 48 hours or until all night actions are in.

4. If there is no hammer, there is no lynch. The second time there is no hammer, everyone loses.

5. There may be items in this game. If you have an item, you can pass it another user during the night in addition to your other actions by replying "Night X - Passing ITEM to USER." Remember that passing items has the lowest priority of any items.

6. If your role PM contradicts any of these rules, your role PM is right.

7. You can't target yourself or dead people unless your role says so. Death may not be the end for everyone.

8. This game starts on Day 1.

Since this is Nostalgia Mafia, roles are going to be done a little differently here. Roles will be drafted from previous games.

-To start, your role PM will have an alliance and a restriction on what sort of roles you can pick. The restriction could have to do with what your role is capable of or what it was aligned with in the game it appeared in. Note that factional abilities are not included in the restriction! For example, if the role was "Could change the alignment of other players," you could not choose the Itemafia mafia because the recruitment was a factional ability.

-Additionally, only one role from a given game can be picked. So, for example, if Integrity picks a role from Skype Chat Mafia, no one else would be able to pick a role from Skype Chat Mafia.

-Picks are made in your role PM. You will be notified when it's your turn to pick, and the thread will be updated with a list of games not available for drafting.

-The role PM you pick must be *publicly* documented somewhere, either via a postgame or a death flip or something. This is so that I can confirm the role works properly and that you aren't BSing me for whatever reason, as well as so that I have something to show for flips.

-The role you pick must be from a completed SF mafia game. To avoid technical arguments about anonymous games such as MtG/CMX/etc., this means either it must have a game thread on SF or be in the Completed Games list in the HQ thread.

-Drafting order is predetermined. This also means that drafting order will be a secret, although you can talk about it in the game thread after the game starts. Please don't try to metagame the order of drafting based on this because it won't work.

-I am going to request no one talk about the game during drafting unless you are scum talking with your scumbuddies.

Basically, it will go like this:

1. Everyone receives a barebones PM, just telling them their alliance and restriction and draft order.

2. The next player to pick is told in their PM to pick.

3. That player will post in their role PM what role they are going to play.

4. If this role falls within the restrictions, a host will update the game with the game your role is from and contact the next player.

5. Go to Step 2 and repeat until all players have a real role.

You can send in a pick list if you want.

If you have any questions about drafting, ask.

Finally, when you sign up, vote for a name for the town.

There are 19 player slots (plus Kaoz) and I will be RNGing player slots so if you see this late for some reason don't let that discourage you.

Players:

KopfjagerSnike

Tyrant Sage

Prims

Anouleth

Shinori

RapierBalcerzak

Strider - Kratos from Tales of Vesperia Mafia - Killed Night 1

eclipse - Ho-oh from Pokemon Legendaries Mafia - Killed Night 1

BigBangMeteor - Seven Deadly Sins from SFMM2 - Killed Day 2

Aere - Fujiwara no Mokou from Touhou Mafia - Killed Day 2

Bluedoom - Sami from Choral Mafia 2 - Lynched Day 2

Psych - Hisui and Kohaku from Carnival Phantasm - Killed Night 2

CT075 - Charles de Guise from Manly Men Mafia - Killed Night 2

Kaoz - Sir Bearington from ??? - Killed Day 3

IrisRocker - Shiki from Schoolgirl Mafia - Lynched Day 3

Elieson - Rex from Theatre Mafia - Killed Night 3

Serious Bananasscorri - Lute from Sacred Stones Mafia - Killed Night 3

KirscheHelios - Nidoking from Pokemon Tactical Game - Lynched Day 4

Manix - Kurthnaga from JB's FE10 Mafia - Killed Night 4

San - Kira from Train Mafia II - Killed Night 4

Subs:

Life?

Someone else idk

IOs:

Kaoz

Ether

Games Picked:

Tales of Vesperia

Train Mafia II

Pokemon Tactical Game

Theatre Mafia

Agent Minimafia

JB's FE10 Mafia

MtG Mafia

Shining Force Mafia

Sacred Stones Mafia

Pokemon Legendaries Mafia

Touhou Mafia

Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2

Duel Terminal 2

Choral Mafia 2

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia

Mafia of the Manly Men

Schoolgirl Mafia

Etrian Odyssey Mafia

Day 1 Start

Night 1 Start

Day 2 Start

Night 2 Start

Day 3 Start

Night 3 Start

Edited by Paperblade

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure

but how are you going right now cause I thought only one game at a time

Rein said I could put this up early because drafting might take a while because people will probably want to look back through old games to find a good role etc.