Who's the best Axeman?

Knight

Who's the Best Axeman?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Best Axeman

I've played this game many times but I haven't taken the time to narrow down who's the best axe. I'm going to play through it again on Hector mode after many years and I want to know who, in your opinion, is the best axeman to train. I am not including Hector since he's a Lord and it's almost a requirement to train him.

Geitz has B Axes and B Bows, which is really bro. Not to mention his growths are actually pretty good, as well as him having decent bases (HHM makes them better). Going to FFO!Linus can be a bit annoying, though.

Hawkeye and Dart are great, too. Bartre and Dorcas...not so much.

Hector is not at all required just for being a Lord, and even so that's not really a reason to not include him since he could still suck. Late promotion has something to say on that note.

Ironically, my vote actually does require Hector to be used at least a certain amount.

Hector. It's his mode. But i voted for Dart because he's awesome. Definitely better than Bartre and Dorcas; even with Lyns mode transfer I have to give it to Dart. He has speed they don't. I'm using Hawkeye right now in a pre-premote only run (general Wallace instead of Geitz because no lord training) and he's good thanks to arena abuse. Mine is incredibly speed-blessed but his strength has gone up once since recruitment. He's a level 13. Still, thanks to his axes, he doesn't need strength, but this playthrough is EHM, and he's speed blessed. Never used him on an HHM run, but I'm not sure he'd double everything he'd need to. When I used him, if Geitz had, say, one point lower speed, he'd have missed a lot of doubling. If he gets speed-screwed by one or two points he won't have the necessary speed. Dart can't hit anybody holding a sword, but most lancies are easy and axies have low avoid. Mages are meh.

Edited by I don't play for turns

I can't vouch for the efficiency of any particular axe user, so I'm not going to vote, but I'd have to go with Dart, personally. I once had him cap both Strength and Skill in one game. I gave him the Basilikos and just had him go to town on the Fire Dragon.

EDIT: I can't believe I made that mistake--I meant Speed, not Skill. That 20% Skill growth isn't going to get him anywhere fast.

Edited by Dalsin

I've never found myself using the guy, but Geitz is definitely the one for versatility, with B ranks in both Axe and Bow. Great bases and good enough growths to boot.

Well, I've decided to use Dart, just cause I'm not fond of pre-promotes like Geitz, and I like speed. He's been serving his purpose well, one hit kills on mages, and getting rid of knights.

Edited by Knight

As long as you don't mind using that expensive Ocean Seal to promote him, it's all good. I would too because I love using Berserkers. Just remember to give him your Secret Books.