colors

Percivalé

I can hear colors in sounds

And each color has a different texture to me. Like normal colors are just kind of like a layer but then there are creamy colors, and silky smooth colors; and listening to pleasant voices is the same as rubbing my face against something soft, or lying in a comfy bed. When I hear gravelly voices, they grate against my brain like hard stone. This is mainly why I don't listen to most country music; and the same applies to unsettling sounds oveeall, which is why I tend to avoid things like heavy metal. I'm also super noise sensitive to begin with; loud noises make me physically ill and fast-paced, unsettling music sounds like discolored glitches in my brain and make me anxious or panicky.

Each day also has a feeling and thus a 'color,' each dream has a colored atmosphere to it (usually), everyones' posting styles (and thus their personalities outside of their voices) have colors and almost any foreign word can be associated to a certain personality and made into a character for me. Sometimes my current avatar changes my tone. Most words have colors too; I could only distinguish my left from my right by the fact that right was red and left was green. Also, go was blue and stop was yellow so I never understood stoplights when I was younger.

Synthesia? Or is this a copypasta?

nah she actually has synthesia. Trust me.

for reference, apparently my voice is a pastel orange-yellow from memory

Edited by Manix

A friend of mine has something similar to this, instead of colors, every word has a specific taste for her. For her, when you say grapefruit, she tastes baileys. If you say banana, she tastes motor oil. She hates bananas because of this, words she also hates are "over" [= snot], "times" [= rotten eggs] and the worst is "oval" [= shit]. It's a blessing and a curse according to her, as long as she hears good words, she likes it, although it does trouble her focusing. =/

Also curious, what color am I? =p

What color am I Bizz?

Golden yellow

Am I not blue, Bizz~?

Well your text is more periwinkle to begin with (at least to me) but you're kind of an incredibly pastel sky blue, like Easter egg blue rather than periwinkle.

A friend of mine has something similar to this, instead of colors, every word has a specific taste for her. For her, when you say grapefruit, she tastes baileys. If you say banana, she tastes motor oil. She hates bananas because of this, words she also hates are "over" [= snot], "times" [= rotten eggs] and the worst is "oval" [= shit]. It's a blessing and a curse according to her, as long as she hears good words, she likes it, although it does trouble her focusing. =/

Also curious, what color am I? =p

Yeah; that's kind of similar to how I need to watch what I listen to, because I can get seriously affected by certain sounds/music and not even realize it at first until it happens. It can cause us to seem obnoxiously picky, too.

I haven't seen your posts around here so much but I kind of get green from you? It's hard to tell.

Am I red?

You're a darker red than your text, but there's a hint of yellow in there kinda

Well your text is more periwinkle to begin with (at least to me) but you're kind of an incredibly pastel sky blue, like Easter egg blue rather than periwinkle.

Hmmmm that sounds kinda neat =o I actually am not fond of sky blue but I don't mind it all that much~

What does that mean?

hmmmmmm I could dredge up the post she made on her tumblr a while back about the colors, but that would require effort that I don't want to do right now

Manix you can search the 'synethesia' tag on my tumblr for it

I'm on my phone; I'll answer the other stuff later

"Blue: Blue people usually have the most comforting voices. I don’t know what it is, but blue people are poetically beautiful. Blues are the best at relating to other people, even if they have never experienced the same things as them—they have this innate ability to somehow place themselves into another’s world and feel their pain. They’re graceful at many things that they do, and they are huge dreamers. Blue is a vast and infinite color, and blue people reflect this trait by being fervently ambitious and optimistic in their ability to accomplish anything that they desire. Even though blue is a color often associated with sadness, blue people are capable of being some of the happiest people. Unfortunately, they also can hide very debilitating fears."

"Pastels: Being a pastel color means that a person is more comfortable with being open about themselves, regardless of their base colors."

Awwwww Bizz ;~;

The only thing is that some of that I don't think relfects me... But I'm sure those don't always have to be 100% accurate~ Maybe the "sky" blue means I'm slightly different... dunno what mix that would lean toward though.

It still sounds really sweet though ^~^