Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

Prims reads pretty town to me so far this game, for slightly meta-y reasons (considering the fact his meta is the only one I'm versed in out of all of you, this is important) and not just because all his posts so far happen to coincide rather well with my own.

He seems really on the ball in general as well.

If it wasn't obvious, Lucina isn't off the hook for me, despite the fact I'm no longer voting her. I think Paperblade is an immensely better lynch for the moment.

Still dislike scorri.

I may come up with actual reads on other players later, but not right now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Neko wagon is horrible. No one has voted me (yet) for my vote on Paper, and the reason he gave for his vote was basically the exact same as mine, but more concise. The only proper reason for a vote on him I see so far is Mancer's, who's voting him for not very many reads. Elieson/Scorri's bash on his Paper vote being bad even though it's not, and Helios's bashes on him for I don't even know what- tone?

Here comes a new challenger!

Now, now, everyone, we must play nicely. Neko, I know they said things that weren't very nice to you, but there's no need to use that tone of voice. You know what they say about flies and honey! If you play fairly and don't just jump on people, I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Paperblade, I've got my eye on you! I can see what you're doing, and I don't like it one bit. It was good that you stood up for Lucina before, but do try to treat everyone the same way. We're all friends, right?

bringin' RP back

Also I'm going to be getting in a car within the next ~2 hours and will then be there for most of the day because I suck so I will probably be unresponsive. Just a head's up.

I will only support a wagon on paperblade if he manages to get back and respond to accusations. There is plenty of time left, so this isn't as worrisome as the sudden scorri lynch in Higurashi or anything, but I find it oddly convenient that all of the votes pile on as soon as he disappears.

Also forgive my lack of presence over the weekend, but I was busy doing actual some things. Shopping and a movie yesterday, mini-Thanksgiving meetup (pie and a bunch of long conversation really) on my father's family's side today. I had typed up a bit of a post that I was thinking about submitting last night, but I'd already taken a sleeping pill at that point, and it really looked pretty bad, so I ended up tabling it.

[spoiler=the shit in question]Okay, initial impressions is that I'm fond of the kind of playstyle that DiGiCharat has, and I hope to see more of it. Rocker and Excellen seem like a match made in heaven.

I need to take another hard look at why the Lucina wagon is building up steam, as honestly, on first pass I didn't see anything notable.

Very interested for when Kay, BBM, and Baldrick get a chance to fully weigh in on things.

Scorri seems to be in a mood that is making it hard for me to filter out to what's making her tick in this go around.

I am kind of running on low sleep, though, so I bet half of my reads one the new content are sort of doozy. I think I'll try to get a solid night's rest before coming back and trying any sort of line-by-line.

I should have a significant chunk of the remainder of this evening free, so I'll be going back and hunting for more clues. Feel free to ask me anything.

@BBM: You are misinterpreting my vote on Shinori, I voted him because he was talking about old news instead of things that were currently going on in the thread, as though he was waiting for the common consensus so he could jump on the bandwagon. Notice how the only thing he's done after I pointed out that he wasn't contributing is attack me and defend his own lack of contribution.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&cType=topic&cId=36255&search_author=Shinori

Look at his ISO. He makes some sarcastic remark implying he doesn't take my vote seriously, calls Elie and me scummy.

Defends his PR.

Defends his PR again.

Has mixed feelings about the Lucina wagon with promises to reread it later, completely noncommittal (note that he still hasn't done this).

Attacks me but still has yet to vote me.

Defends his defensiveness.

Attacks me again, but still no vote.

Misreps me [i said you weren't contributing, do I need to spell it out?]

FINALLY votes me after I have a wagon of 3 people on me.

This is opportunism at its finest--he cheerleads my wagon while I'm not around to defend myself and votes me after he sees it worked.

@Prims: My tone did not shift suddenly over his vote alone. In fact, the very first thing I said about it was, and I quote:

tbh I dislike Llen's pressuring of rocker more than I dislike Lucina's weirdness (It is sort of grasping I guess), but maybe I give too much of a pass to newbies. I don't really want to vote them quite yet since some people have yet to make actual content posts though.

This implies that I think they could be scummy but I don't like how early the wagon is building.

My next post:

Every time someone votes Lucinallen with half baked reasoning, I like the wagon less and less.

And what does NekoRex do? An opportunistic jump on the wagon that I had said is turning me away from it.

The last post I made was the one you called "random." That's not random unless you aren't actually reading my posts, since I did comment that I don't like the shitty reasoning people were making for jumping onto the wagon. I don't necessarily think

@Shinori: How long does it take you to reread Lucinallen's content? They have 4 posts between the two of them.

Do you have thoughts on anybody who isn't a main target? Also, why aren't you voting?

The second part first, I was thinking of giving him a chance to respond. But I can always change my mind later, so:

##Vote: Paperblade

Other suspects:

SB seems to be holding his cards close to his chest, and Mancer was using a rather odd strategy that seems designed to divert suspicion rather than gather information.

Watch carefully:

Both Elieson and Boron are being quite analytical, as expected.

Helios is putting on a goofy act, but I think that's due to his character more than anything else.

Shinori and Scorri have been quite reactionary, I've got a lot of info from them, but not sure how to interpret it.

Definitely mafia:

you.

The rest either haven't posted enough, or haven't attracted enough of my attention.

First of all ...

2. Excellen has requested a sub; due to the nature of this role, I'm kind of inclined to have Lucina wing it. If I see Cam around, I'll ask him.
LUCINA HAS REQUESTED A SUB. FIRST PERSON WHO'S NOT IN MY GAME TO CONTACT ME WILL GET THE SPOT.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Aiyayai ...

Back to game-related stuff.

I actually don't find Paperblade as bad as some people are saying. While I wish he'd say MORE about what's happening in this game, he's not screaming scum to me right now. He's not so unmemorable as certain other people in this game. I'm not nearly as convinced about this slot.

Baldrick, you're giving us next to no reason for your reads. I don't like that they're very non-committal, and you don't even give a reason as to your biggest scum read. This is lackluster for your first content post, especially at this point in D1. (Also, Mancer and I are sharing the same player slot.)

I'm still trying to figure out the NekoRex-scorri-Paperblade-Shinori web right now and I might actually wait to comment on it. (8-hour road trip, ugh.) I have a feeling that at least one of them may be scum. I find scorri to be less bad right now, even if I disagree with her point about Elie. I feel that NekoRex hasn't actually done all that much. He has quite a few posts that are not related to the game but more "styles of play" arguments than anything else. Not liking him too much. My opinion on Shinori was at neutral recently, now I'm not so sure. Again, will provide further analysis on this when I'm more coherent.

There are quite a few people who haven't made enough posts for me to form enough of an opinion on. You should know who you are.

That response from Paperblade did nothing except solidify my scumread. He gave more reasons for his Shinori vote, sure, but he completely sidestepped the issue at hand, which was him voteparking someone and then throwing out flimsy accusations against people voting Lucinallen with no proper follow-up. Okay, fine, you thought Shinori was more scummy than anyone on the wagon, so you kept your vote there. That doesn't mean that you couldn't have still looked into the people wagoning Lucinallen if you thought the wagon was really that bad.

Also, I didn't like Bal's last post at all. Instead of actually scumhunting, he just says he'll wait for Paper to come back before doing anything. Okay, don't vote Paper if you're uncomfortable about the wagon piling up on him while he's not there. But is he the only person you have any scumreads on at all, even 200 posts in?

Also, Boron, you mention that Paper is not as unmemorable to you as some other people. Who exactly are these people? Other than maybe Baldrick, you don't seem to be talking about them much in the rest of your post.

That's the whole point. Why didn't you attack someone on that wagon? You kept saying that the wagon looked worse and worse (which implies pretty heavily that someone on it must be scum), yet you just kept it at that and didn't do anything more about it.

Wagons are bad because the person being wagon'd probably won't flip scum.

Was Lucina's 3 posts really so bad that it warrants voting him nearly 24 hours after his last one had been made in lieu of better targets?

>_> That's not the point. I fully agree with you that the wagon was bad. But why didn't you pursue that line of action more? Just saying that the wagon is bad isn't enough- you have to say which PEOPLE on the wagon are bad, or it's not really contributing at all.

BBM: Not really. Wagons can be bad without having anyone on it who's scum. My lynch in Higurashi was a bad wagon and no one on it was scum. So just because Paper finds the wagon to be bad doesn't make it automatic that he thinks the people on it are bad too.

9 times out of 10, someone on bad wagons is scum. And if nobody on the wagon is scum, then some reasoning for why they're town despite making shitty votes would have been helpful. Either way, I think Paper should have taken a more active stance than just pointing it out from the sidelines. Even this expanded Shinori reasoning didn't come until a lot of prodding against him.

if I had to say someone scummy on the Lucinallen wagon it'd probably be one of: rocker, Prims, Rex just because those were the votes that made me really not like it, as they were late votes and I felt that there were better people to be voting. The problem is that I think that Prims' content has been good other than that vote and his crappy reason for voting me, and I felt rocker's reaction to Llen's post was genuine. So I suppose Neko is most likely to be scum on the wagon, but I think Shinori is way scummier.

My read on Shinori is null at the moment. You, on the other hand, seem to keep sidestepping the question and trying to deflect attention to other people. You seem to me to be much scummier than him.

I also didn't like how Scorri came in and chose to comment on such a small portion of all that she could have. Her and Paperblade are my main scumreads right now.

I'm currently working on a paper. I'll be hopefully getting a larger post up in a bit, but I will say right now that Neko's response to the votes on him did nothing to change my read on him and he's still my strongest scum read. Hopefully back later, but maybe sleep so maybe not until tomorrow. Sorry. School. :/