Void Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to apologize, since like everyone else I've also been busy with school and other life things. I've barely been on SF or watched anime, my life feels so weird.

##Unvote (Mancer)

I talked to Lucina and figured out what she meant by this, so if anything Mancer is telling the truth. I don't really like his reactions so far though, but ehh I guess I'll consider that part of him being in a bad mood IRL (which if that's the case, cheer up man!).

Getting a slight scumvibe off Sho, though not that strong. I think he's making a bigger deal out of little things (Baldrick's "policy vote" isn't a policy vote, it's just a joke from before; I'm not really sure how my vote was opportunistic, and just because you ordered him to target Shinori doesn't automatically prove Mancer is town). Do agree that 13th's first post or so looked bad, but that's really it. Yeah sure you know a thing or two about the alchemy items, but other than that I don't really see you being all that townie so far.

Also think Core came in and made some good points about Cam, but I need to take a better look at Cam before I garner a decent opinion on him. A quick skim shows that he hasn't done much so far though.

##Vote: 13th

His posts regarding me and Mancer were really indecisive and also kind of sheepy. He found both Mancer and I scummy, and was pushing both of our lynches for a while even though we were on opposite sides then. It felt like he was setting himself up to vote for either of us, and then the way he voted for Mancer was like "Well more people are voting for him" which is sheepy and also lets him back away from a mislynch by saying that a lot of other people were also saying the same thing.

Also now that Mancer is probably not scum, FMPOV it looks like he was pushing both lynches because he knew either would be a mislynch. So he could like vote Mancer, and then say D2 that he found me scummy earlier, and I pushed Mancer really hard. This part is a bit weak and mostly a hunch, but the first part is valid IMO.

WELP obviously my reaction vote directed at Kay was a shimmering success (not) and this far in d1 might as well be considered entirely useless. Kay, if you're legitimately too busy to play mafia, could you request a sub?

##Unvote

Meanwhile, let's try to get a reaction out of somebody that at least has shown to have a semblance of activity and seems like could use being more interactive with people:

Guess what, you weren't on Irc for the 4 hours you claimed you'd be there. If possible, I want you to expand on why you claim BBM and Mancer are both scummy, tell us who you're talked to and what they said concerning those two, if they did say something about that. Basically, try to make yourself and your stance more clear, if you please. I'm kind of annoyed that not many people seem bothered by the lack of information and leads we have, it's day 1 and we're kinda hitting a stalemate.

Well, catching up in-thread took about two hours with some note-taking. Unfortunately, I have to admit, the whole situation between BBM vs. Mancer is still flying over my head. I realize that Lucina's jailer role absolved Mancer of guilt (or at least made his Shinori claim possible), so it seems like the situation is at a standstill.

I'm spoilering this, so I don't derail the discussion. By the way Mancer, I wanted to mention something. In the earlier pages of D1, your emotional state was impairing my read on you, like a few people have mentioned. But I don't think anyone has pointed out how you since resolved yourself, and adopted a calmer state of mind. Your material in the last few pages has been markedly more relaxed. Just wanted to say I noticed it and appreciate it. =) Mafia should be fun – an epic whodunnit. Well done.

In terms of scum readings, there was one person who consistently made me uncomfortable. For the first five or six pages, literally all of Cam's content was almost ironically indirect. It gave me an impression like he was trying to tick off his "active townie" box. I'll quote the specific posts in another spoiler. Since then, I've mentioned Cam's name to several people. Most of them have blown it off as "lol, Cam = apathy," but two other people expressed a similar feeling. If they want to, I'll let them come forward on the Cam front.

i don't know what to make of that

on the one hand you seem pretty convinced of something that there isn't really a lot of evidence for

on the other hand you make a good point

i'm actually sensing something else but if i'm right i'm not going to out it

at any rate you might be onto something since everybody and their mother is asking me if i have an item

guys i have conclusive proof

##Vote mancer (L-6)

##unvote

just kidding

anyhow i don't really support this wagon in that it seems a little bit opportunistic, but i will say that mancer is not looking really good to me either right now

@scorri:

it's ED1

i'm not sure i can support any wagon yet, not on this little evidence

i did end up with quite a few suspicions (not necessarily alignment-related but whatever) off of this little thing though that (if i'm right) i'm decently sure that the people it relates to would rather not be outed

**But I admit, this did make me lol. X)**

why do you think i'm apathetic :newyears:

This might not be a popular opinion (as I haven't seen his name being thrown around), but I'd like to spotlight another person. BBM, this was your original post implicating Mancer, and the one that started the Mancerwagon rolling.

##Vote: Mancer

I had an item. I no longer have it, and as far as I know, he is the only person to have claimed a role that can interfere with item control.

–Am I the only one who thinks this conclusion was abrupt? I've re-read this thread from the beginning of page 3, and it seems like the entire Mancer vs. BBM debacle was created on this leap in reasoning. I've spoken with BBM a little about this already (and he was typically eloquent, per usual), but I'd like to let the rest of the group weigh in. Does this seem suspicious to you? Throughout the thread, I couldn't shake the feeling this was an elaborate scapegoat (of course, Mancer's incredibly emotional reactions weren't helping).

Ok so baldrick just recently told me you apparently were in irc while I wasn't on.

I'll still wait for what you have to say about your thoughts about Mancer and BBM. And, if possible, try to arrange some more time to talk to people on IRC before Day 1 ends.

I'd like to post a log from my discussion with Paulina, as she shared her question towards me before she made her post.

[12:26:29 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: it was a leap, i'll admit

[12:27:09 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: but voting for someone doesn't necessarily think that you want to lynch them right then

[12:27:17 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: especially that early into D1

[12:27:43 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: i wanted to see what he'd say to my accusation, and since i was a bit suspicious of him from earlier because of his attitude concerning his role

[12:27:48 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: i voted for him

[12:28:15 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: and then his reaction to what i said made me more certain he was scum, and then it became a more solid vote

[12:29:04 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: and then lucina told me that mancer couldnt have visited shinori as he said, which made me really sure he was scum for a while

[12:29:43 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: but then later she said that she'd misunderstood his role, and that he could indeed have targeted shinori

[12:30:06 AM] Paulina: Can you explain that part to me a little more? I'm still confused on how Lucina plays into this. Did her role absolve him of guilt, or just make his claim possible

[12:30:50 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: i guess that's a good point

[12:30:55 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: it doesnt necessarily absolve him of guilt

[12:31:05 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: it just makes his claim possible

[12:31:07 AM] Paulina: Hmm

[12:31:35 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: but if his claim is possible, it goes back to being a leap in logic

[12:32:02 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: and at this point we need to start moving towards a lynch and i'm not sure my reasoning there is strong enough for that

[12:32:07 AM] Paulina: Well, I'd still like to make that post, but please feel free to add in your two cents. =) I just want to inspire more discussion. ynkow

[12:32:13 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: yeah, of course

[12:32:14 AM] Rohan Kulkarni: go for it

[12:32:31 AM] Paulina: Yeah, I don't think there's enough of a case for a lynch on Mancer right now either

So yeah, that's my response to that question (because screw actually typing it up again). Paulina, if you think Cam is scummy, why aren't you voting for him? At this stage, everyone should be voting for someone because we have like 24 hours left and less than 5 people have votes down, and I'm not even sure if all of those are meaningful.

Gonna hop on the 13th wagon because of the time crunch, and there's not really a whole lot of good options.

Also can Kay get prodded or subbed out please.

##Vote Cam

The one thing that stuck out to me during a quick reread was that Cam was really opposed to the Mancer wagon. He called it opportunistic and thus didn't want to partake in it, but admitted to finding Mancer scummy. Looks like scum trying to get some towncred by staying away from a possible mislynch, but at the same time admitting to finding him weird to look like he's scumhunt a little. Just think his whole avoidance of the Cam wagon was weird based on how things turned out.

Need to still iso 13th to see why this wagon is all of a sudden developing.

So yeah, that's my response to that question (because screw actually typing it up again). Paulina, if you think Cam is scummy, why aren't you voting for him? At this stage, everyone should be voting for someone because we have like 24 hours left and less than 5 people have votes down, and I'm not even sure if all of those are meaningful.

I was hoping to inspire some more input on the Cam front before that happened. Like I said, I was not the only one who thought he's been shady. And this might be a newb thing, but I don't want to go through the theatrics of changing my vote seventeen times. If someone comes up with some hard evidence tomorrow against 13th or whoever, I'll feel stupid.

That being said, I guess I'm still green behind the ears. I'm not sure of the etiquette here. If I'm supposed to get the ball rolling and ask questions later (*coughBBM*), when in Rome...

##Vote: Cam

Questions always have more impact behind them if they're backed by votes. It tells the target of your question, as well as the rest of the thread, that you're serious. And in any case, around this time we need to start moving towards a lynch and as far as I know we haven't decided on anybody yet.

Guys, I'm home now and have WiFi connection. I doubt my phone signal will be fixed, so I might not be around at phase end. Find me now if you need to speak to me about anything. Thank you.

##Vote: Helios

Haven't talked to him outside the thread but I don't like his posts, at least. He's kinda just going along with the wagons halfheartedly, from what I can tell.

While I'm at it.

##Vote: Kay

Yes, this is a reaction vote, you're basically the person I talked to the least, gave the least reasoning to your suspicions, and doesn't seem bothered to form an opinion with all the hassle that's going on day 1 at all. I know you said you've been pretty busy/lazy, but I don't want to let you get away because of that, please show up, say what you think about the current wagon, say if you think this should be the lynch/somebody else looks more suspicious, and back it up with reasoning. If you really have been busy irl, I'm sorry, but I want to be sure I'm not just giving somebody a free pass like that.

Edit: Your point is valid Sho, though I can see why Helios would think it looks opportunistic to claim an action towards someone that is silenced. I'd still rather look at 13th and Baldrick for answers now.

Reaction votes are silly when you just announce them immediately. Why bother reacting if you know you aren't under serious suspicion?

Getting a slight scumvibe off Sho, though not that strong. I think he's making a bigger deal out of little things (Baldrick's "policy vote" isn't a policy vote, it's just a joke from before; I'm not really sure how my vote was opportunistic, and just because you ordered him to target Shinori doesn't automatically prove Mancer is town). Do agree that 13th's first post or so looked bad, but that's really it. Yeah sure you know a thing or two about the alchemy items, but other than that I don't really see you being all that townie so far.
<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">

A) I do not care if Baldrick's vote was a joke. I hate bullshit votes

B) Wagoning is opportunistic

C) I never said me telling Him to target Shinori makes him town. I have never ever said a damn thing that insta proves him because I am not sure of it to begin with. You however called his claim to target Shinori opportunistic when its packed with logs from before Shinori was kidnapped. Newsflash, regardless of his or my faction, I would not make such claim unless it was true because You'd think we changed the effect goes trough part if it werent honest.

D) Of course rest of 13th's actions look better than the thing he was called out for, He knows to not do what Mancer did.

E) And I in fact get quote scummy wibes from you. Its a small world isnt it?

After looking back at his posts, the tonal switch after backslash seems awfully lot like Godfather X pulling strings

[canceled class period]

i'm not willing to throw myself onto a little-evidence wagon; apparently unlike most people i actually do consider my vote to be a sign of "i want xxx lynched". i'll throw a vote down if i'm reading the rules wrong and this turns out to be a hammer game but from what i can see there's no reason to keep a vote down for the sake of having a vote

so in case you can't tell i will stand by the fact that the mancer wagon was opportunistic and bad. Just judging by how quickly that built up (there were what, 5 votes on him at it's peak?) it's pretty much certain that there were scum on it. if i'd had to guess i'd say it was one of the middle or later votes on it (offhand i want to say baldrick, other people have pointed this out but his random vote hopping isn't helping). this doesn't rule out BBM yet but just him starting the wagon doesn't really prove anything to me

at any rate people who haven't contacted me please do so (off the top of my head i haven't had a chance to speak to paulina, lucina, helios or kay yet, probably more). it's hard for me to initiate because i'm actually super busy basically all the time (yes, this is why i'm always so apathetic -_-)

Based on the attitudes of the players on the wagon, I would much rather want a Baldrick lynch. His jumping on the wagon with reasons like "Policy Lynch" or "I want this lynch right now" seems like him grasping for reasons to place his vote on me and justify it. Also, he's gone missing now that I've been cleared, and has neglected to remove his vote (pardon me if I'm wrong on this, I need to read and double check on this) makes me feel that he is scum who just wants to push on my mislynch thinking that I'm an easy mislynch.

##Vote: Baldrick

WELP obviously my reaction vote directed at Kay was a shimmering success (not) and this far in d1 might as well be considered entirely useless. Kay, if you're legitimately too busy to play mafia, could you request a sub?

##Unvote

Meanwhile, let's try to get a reaction out of somebody that at least has shown to have a semblance of activity and seems like could use being more interactive with people:

Guess what, you weren't on Irc for the 4 hours you claimed you'd be there. If possible, I want you to expand on why you claim BBM and Mancer are both scummy, tell us who you're talked to and what they said concerning those two, if they did say something about that. Basically, try to make yourself and your stance more clear, if you please. I'm kind of annoyed that not many people seem bothered by the lack of information and leads we have, it's day 1 and we're kinda hitting a stalemate.

First off, I thought I'd be available on IRC. I was apparently wrong, because my parents decided to go out to town, so they took me and both my sisters with them. I wasn't even home to talk. They don't let us decide.

Now, My stance has shifted in the last while. The main reason I found mancer scum was because of the jailer/item swap contradiction. With that mess cleared up, I have no real stance anymore, hence the unvote.

My thoughts on BBM were leading scum, until he clarified WHY he did the information.

Basically, my two main scumreads have both cleared themselves, and I need to look for new reads.

I will watch from my phone during breaks from school. I get out in 8 hours.

I've had many reads at this point. Unfortunately, this and that have come up in conversation, and while I'm still a bit unsure about my reads being 100% confirmable, I'm leaning pretty strongly to town reads on them. A certain duo of players, several claimed players, a few with items, and one with info have all made themselves town to me. Others have generally been pretty neutral reads to me all around.

However, with what I've discussed with a few players on the sidelines, one in particular caught my eye

##Vote Kay

You don't just ignore someone for the majority of the game and come up to a stranger just to say "I don't have anything to discuss with you and don't care about information that you may have." Either you've got a veritable fuckton of information you are hiding unnecessarily, or you are just trying to bluff at something that has no reason to be bluffed at. You don't even know who I am or what I do, when given the opportunity to ask, you shrug even me off. Not discussing = not playing the game = hiding something for a reason.