Midnight Crew Mafia

scorri

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psych/Xinnidy: Roleblock. Oh I was laughing at this slot. Managed to hit passive roles every night until the night they blocked the mafia kill. Psych was actually playing not bad until he needed a sub. Then Xinnidy came in and played pretty protown and then used logic to figure out it was a 3man scum team and that Manix was most likely the final member. Good job, can't wait to see you start to get better at scum hunting since that was the one thing you didn't really do a lot of this game.

Now that you mention it I was pretty lax about it for the time I was subbed, I'd mostly blame the day phases being extremely rushed, with the fact that Elieson pretty much burned himself and that Rapier got modkilled before I could make relevant posts in both days but eh. Always could use more work. :/

Most of my assumptions were actually hilariously wrong until rapier modkilled himself, then I snapped at the 3-man scumteam theory. (which would probably also have been figured out if he was lynched but doop)

At the end I was really worried about the possibility that scum was indeed 4man, because if the game didn't end after Manix lynch I'd look horrible and only had a 50/50 suspicion on Mancer and Shinori so far. I was also afraid that shinori was scum instead and decided to no-kill to push a lynch and better chance of victory and I was giving him the perfect opportunity but in the end I decided to roll with what I had and pushed the consequential thoughts for later. Admittedly I never would have thought that 13th could have done the mafia kill the night he was modkilled because I don't know how scum works. >.<

In the end I don't really know if I played good or bad but at least I can pinpoint what I've done right and what I've been a retard about so hopefully next time I can show more competence. 9.6

Anyways gg all my luck stat too stronk.

UzmKY.png

Too stronk. nvm that res is higher

If the scumteam were 4-man, Mancer and Manix were basically the only options left anyway and Manix's response to your softclaim sounded heavily like he was buddying up to Mancer or that he got kinda jumpy in general about it and I told everyone to shut up because I felt like he was ruining the reaction test because he picked up what you were trying to do

Well that was exciting. Really wish I'd gotten a chance to bring out that 13th tracking, especially after learning that it would've cleared Mancer.

I plan on sticking around; this is certainly a different style of game around here than I've played before, but I like the looks of it. At least, the hypothetical scenario of it where we don't get a quarter of the game modkilled. Now to work myself on actually getting competent at that scumhunting...

Edited by Othin

o

i had a ns2 account once but aside from siphoning the ipb3 iso url from them and making a couple Hilarious Shitposts i never did anything with it

from what i can tell their mafia playerlists were quantity over quality anyway

I think the game should've ended with Kiryn/Snike winning and everyone else losing. For science.

This reminds me that I'm not going to join any games hosted by Bluedoom after his reaction to that lynch.

I think the game should've ended with Kiryn/Snike winning and everyone else losing. For science.

Clearly I should have waited until D2 to go out in my incompetent blaze of glory, then we probably wouldn't have had the Scratch.

would

have

been

beautiful

(by which i mean oh gog so many angry people augh)

Prims: Marth was original checker, so he was the first one to see the idea of game ending jester. He knew about it and enjoyed it long before the game started, which is why he reacted the way he did.

honestly possible fool needs to be announced beforehand (read: semiopen/open setups are great for that)

lyncher isn't as bad as long as they don't win solo (they leave the game) (but similar logic could be applied as for fool)

Edited by Manix

Well tbf I warned Scorri that the fool would be pretty screwy and trollish but she wanted to have it in the setup anyway so I rolled with it.

I just felt kinda sad when Scorri resumed game after fool lynch. I was like "Well what was the point in even having that role if it doesn't do troll stuff like ending the game for good?" Plus I DID make a subtle hint in Mafia HQ that something weird was up xD

[08:45] <Manix> tick

[08:45] <Manix> tock

[08:45] <scorri> goes the clock

[08:45] <scorri> *bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang*

[08:45] <scorri> 1/1000 clocks dead

[08:45] <scorri> 999 left to go

[09:02] <Manix> tick

[09:02] <Manix> tock

[09:03] <scorri> *bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang*

[09:03] <scorri> 998 left

it's just common courtesy. why do people at sf mafia not understand common courtesy

if there's a bastard element to the setup, warn people

don't tactically modkill yourself, especially if it's against the rules

don't break the rules

be respectful to the mod

Edited by Leder

Well all I'm going to say about Midnight Crew is that it is a VERY simple setup with an unexpected twist.

Final Fantasy Mafia has been ready forever and has been checked by manix, if that's ok.

Well yes I maybe wasn't direct about it and I'm very sorry but I did mention a warning. I'll make a mental next time to mention if bastard roles are present, if any.

honestly possible fool needs to be announced beforehand (read: semiopen/open setups are great for that)

lyncher isn't as bad as long as they don't win solo (they leave the game) (but similar logic could be applied as for fool)

Saying possible fool is still dumb because it can discourage lynches that would otherwise be obvious, which is bad when the lynch is the town's most important tool.

That said, unmentioned fool is worse, and game ending fool is worse still.

Oh, right, if the town has a very limited vig (or none at all), then I'd consider it to be bastard as well. This game had a ton of inspection, so I wouldn't have been too insulted had I played and lost because of a fool.