Lauren

How old are you?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I thought Shadow Dragon was a flop. I haven't even completed it.

Me either.

The reclassing system and the pre-rendered models killed it.

GBA FE battle animations and simple graphics are still by far my favourite of the series. It's been too long - I'm hoping FE13 will become my new favourite in every way.

The reclassing system

I still find it incredibly silly how so many people keep hating on a completely optional feature and cite it as one of the main reasons why FE11 allegedly is "bad".

I still find it incredibly silly how so many people keep hating on a completely optional feature and cite it as one of the main reasons why FE11 allegedly is "bad".

Optional feature? Not really. It's active all the time.

Or do you mean that you don't have to use it? I'm sorry but what kind of reasoning is that?

Why should games be so designed that the only way not to break them is to handicap yourself? And yes, reclassing does break the game because they tried to recreate everyones bases and growths from the original game with no regard on how those units would change once you switch classes.

So we get all kinds of wired results, like all natural Knights being the worst possible choice for their job because in order to resemble their original incarnations they essentially have neither a defense growth or defense base on their own while pretty much every else's def values skyrockets once they switch to Knight.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't quite know how to interpret this sentence. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but could you please elaborate?

She's in one of the older age brackets listed is all, I believe

Edited by Rehab

I don't quite know how to interpret this sentence. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but could you please elaborate?

It's a stereotype for old grouchy people to stand on their porch and yell at youngsters running around to stay off their lawn.

There's cane brandishing involved.

Thank you for that clarification. I figured it might be addressed towards me but I couldn't make anything out of it besides the fact that it's emotionally charged.

I seem to be a magnet for emotional responses these days, so I am a bit on the edge, insecure and paranoid. Well, even more then usual.

I'm worried that my writing style seems to be quite hostile in order to cause such attacks. Maybe I just don't realize that I am actually the biggest douche on the board.

Anyway, the point is: I'm sorry for all the trouble.

Thank you for that clarification. I figured it might be addressed towards me but I couldn't make anything out of it besides the fact that it's emotionally charged.

I seem to be a magnet for emotional responses these days, so I am a bit on the edge, insecure and paranoid. Well, even more then usual.

I'm worried that my writing style seems to be quite hostile in order to cause such attacks. Maybe I just don't realize that I am actually the biggest douche on the board.

Anyway, the point is: I'm sorry for all the trouble.

Not sure if this would help, but if I knew you in real life, I would totally love for you to be on my lawn.

...okay, maybe that was more creepy than helpful Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I was under the impression that one was only allowed to have a certain amount of people of a class in their corp and would be forced to reclass in order to recruit new people of that class. Is that wrong? Is the class cap arbitrary/a sign of how many of them you get to recruit throughout the game?

If the latter, then that cap seems like a spoiler to me (letting you know what types you will recruit) and I don't like it.

Edited by Makaze

Written age: 21. Got my first FE game in April in grade 12. Not quite 4 years of Fire Emblem experience... My reaction when I realized this was "WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT" and now I'm sad... It feels like it's longer than that, but it's only 4 short years....

Optional feature? Not really. It's active all the time.

Or do you mean that you don't have to use it? I'm sorry but what kind of reasoning is that?

Why should games be so designed that the only way not to break them is to handicap yourself? And yes, reclassing does break the game because they tried to recreate everyones bases and growths from the original game with no regard on how those units would change once you switch classes.

So we get all kinds of wired results, like all natural Knights being the worst possible choice for their job because in order to resemble their original incarnations they essentially have neither a defense growth or defense base on their own while pretty much every else's def values skyrockets once they switch to Knight.

No, it's not active all the time. All units join in their default class. Nobody forces you to ever touch the Reclass option; the game is perfectly beatable with everyone in their default classes.

And no, not using the Reclass feature is not handicapping yourself, it's simply ignoring a feature that has no essential impact on gameplay. Handicapping yourself would be something like ignoring cape feathers in Super Mario World because flying over all the levels is broken and feathers are readily handed to you most of the time.

Reclass, on the other hand, is in no way forced onto you. You can ignore it all you want and still play the game all the same. Saying Reclass is bad is like saying Mario games having a multiplayer option is bad. You're not making sense.

I was under the impression that one was only allowed to have a certain amount of people of a class in their corp and would be forced to reclass in order to recruit new people of that class. Is that wrong? Is the class cap arbitrary/a sign of how many of them you get to recruit throughout the game?

...what exactly gave you that idea?

In truth it's actually quite the opposite - that limit exists solely to prevent you from reclassing every single unit you have into the same class. The class limits rise whenever you recruit a new unit, and they rise according to your units' default classes.

So if you recruit Linde, your Mage limit rises by 1, if you recruit Roger, your Knight limit rises by 1, etc. No having 20 mages in your army.

Edited by Scarlet

No, it's not active all the time. All units join in their default class. Nobody forces you to ever touch the Reclass option; the game is perfectly beatable with everyone in their default classes.

And no, not using the Reclass feature is not handicapping yourself, it's simply ignoring a feature that has no essential impact on gameplay. Handicapping yourself would be something like ignoring cape feathers in Super Mario World because flying over all the levels is broken and feathers are readily handed to you most of the time.

Reclass, on the other hand, is in no way forced onto you. You can ignore it all you want and still play the game all the same. Saying Reclass is bad is like saying Mario games having a multiplayer option is bad. You're not making sense.

In truth it's actually quite the opposite - that limit exists solely to prevent you from reclassing every single unit you have into the same class. The class limits rise whenever you recruit a new unit, and they rise according to your units' default classes.

So if you recruit Linde, your Mage limit rises by 1, if you recruit Roger, your Knight limit rises by 1, etc. No having 20 mages in your army.

Oh, I didn't know that.

I got that idea because I didn't see the number go up when I got a new unit of the class.

You don't actually have to recruit them. Say you're not going to 17x because you don't want to have anyone dead, for example. At the start of Chapter 18 you'll find yourself with an extra Dark Mage/ Sorceror slot regardless of whether or not you recruited Etzel in 17x, killed him there, or didn't go there at all.