Presidential Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The principle cause of death was polio. Well, that's a lie. It was being tipped out of his wheelchair into a bathtub, where he suffocated to death in inches of water. But if it hadn't been for the polio, he could have hauled his sorry ass out of there. The president-for-more-terms-than-was-rightly-proper-for-any-one-man-to-have is now dead. Long life the vice president.

Return of the Dragon has been lynched, he was

You are Franklin D Roosevelt, the Mafia Alliance Cop.

During the Night Phase you may reply to your Role PM with "Night X: Inspecting USER".

During the start of the next Day Phase I will reply to your Role PM with the result.

Results will be either “You suspect USER is sided with the mafia.” or “You suspect USER is sided with the town.”

You are allied with the Mafia, and win when you eliminate the Town or nothing can stop such an occurrence from happening.

Night phase ends in 24 hours.

President       	Role    	Player  	Anon name
Theodore Roosevelt	Death Miller	Leder   	Petrichor 
George Washington	Vanilla 	Sbarrow 	Doormat 
Bill Clinton    	Vanilla  	Othin   	AllNaturalBears 
Andrew Jackson   	Death Miller	Prims   	Aniki 
Abraham Lincoln  	Mafia Snitch	j00     	Marlowe 
Ronald Reagan   	Vanilla  	Bluedoom	Cristina Kirchner 
Thomas Jefferson	Cop     	BK-201  	Obama 
Franklin D Roosevelt	Mafia Align Cop	Liquid Snake   	Return of the Dragon 
James K Polk    	Doctor  	Manix   	Moriarty 
John F Kennedy  	Vanilla 	Shinori  	Oserckalb 

Baldrick subbed in for Shinori at 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Helios subbed in for Othin at 05 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Yes, the set-up was slightly town-sided, but both teams hit some pretty impressive luck. Town successfully finding a maf on D1 was not something I would have expected, and I honestly didn't see j00's initial post as that terrible, but it was a downward spiral when he (stopped) defended himself.

Manix played way too front-and-center with Doc role, IMHO, but he did have a lot of excellent points contributions and helped the town. And then he died because he was too vocal pro-town.

I can't believe Rein almost scooted by with the "never post" strategy. I was kind of disappointed from the (perceived) lack of effort put in, to be honest.

My apologies to everyone who actually rolled the Death Miller, but much to my surprise, you never actually lynched one, so it was pretty much like rolling regular miller, except for the mind-fuckery of the D1 scum lynch.

Edit: I may or may not be back with some more detailed post-game, but I'm supposed to help my brother get to the car repair shop to pick up his ride in like, five minutes.

Edited by Balcerzak

first off I want to apologize to Balcerzak for my terrible activity. I'm really easily distracted posting anyway and signing up right when FE13 came out was definitely not an optimal move on my part, and your game suffered for it, so I take blame for that entirely. Towards the end I did try and capitalize on this, but at first it was just me sucking at posting.

For the N1 kill I did notice the post about Aniki probably not being Doc but I felt he was super vocal protown enough for it to be worth it. Moriarty was just a good guess out of the remaining options.

also I wanted to make my account name Squall, which I expect was turned down because of meta. (I was going to use this old thing as my avatar, but never mentioned that to Bal). Secondary choice was Vindicate because it's a word I like, which I'm interested in seeing why that was turned down, unless it was random. I don't remember why I chose Return of the Dragon, I think it was meta-dodging

I got Prims and BK right. Got the IO sheet before I could guess Levity or anyone else though. Thought Oserckalb was Shinori until Balcerzak updated the player list.

my other picks were Beloved Princess (because i want to be the little girl, also Funny Mafia Joke) and A Collection of 100 Marbles (convoluted long name that would be hard to trace since it has nothing to do with me)

i was pretty satisfied with bal's pick except (a) it was the easiest to figure out and (b) i got NKed before i could link more gachimuchi videos and write quality r♂leplay posts

Edited by Prims

my other name choices were Moneybags because my sister was playing Spyro and it was a Nostalgia Moment and Ceiling Fan because lol

Actually, there are a few things from the graveyard (which contains a lot of harsh words, including but not limited to me telling j00 I thought she was Rein) that are probably worth posting in-thread if the graveyard isn't made public.

@BK: I know this is your first game in probably ages but in the future you shouldn't coast on role that much. You barely used your vote for anything and barely posted your reads on other players in-thread. By the time D3 rolled around you were really just a walking cop result with no other real contributions to the game. No excuse for the lack of voting since the Mafia Snitch had presumably been lynched D1 and you can move your vote if you change your mind anyway.

@Baldrick: In mafia, we lynch Scum for being Scummy, not a mafia scan which we know could've been false with no other reason to believe that player is scummy. I understand how gaming the set-up could be tempting, but Petrichor was town-telling pretty hard and you ignored it because of statistics.

@SB: WHERE DID YOU GO your ED1 was obvtown but I bought Marf's case on you just because you stopped posting after a scumflip and who the hell is demotivated by scum dying other than scum?

Also I still stand by outing the cop and having him hammer being objectively the right way to play the set-up. The rest of this game speaks for itself.

hey isn't this like one of the only games rein has managed through to the end : P

not sure if supposed to be insulted because it's referring to me subbing or if you meant survived