Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

I wish posting the word "tunneling" in a mafia game would be an autoban until people stop misusing it.

The circumstances around Lucina's claim are Weird. I could easily see it being a fakeclaim given to a SK, but it's probably not worth lynching today since it's provable. I expect him to be aiming for scum and not town, in any case. Still believe he should DO SOMETHING and elaborate on his thought processes in response to my guilty on him because overall he doesn't seem very legit.

##Unvote

meanwhile

I had no reason to vote on lucina based on how fickle and lurkish I know her meta to be (yes metaspec blahblah blame me if you want), if the role cop was a lie then I have no real reason to vote her, as my really early vote was RVS.

To begin with, I don't like Rocker's or Lucina's behavior throughout this thread. Lucina is kind of a moot point now since her leaving the thread pretty much screamed scum, but Rocker had a lot of chance to answer back and still has the chance to, but hasn't done so, meanwhile I caught him looking at the topic at times.

caught in a lie

SB's still scummy since it made no sense for him to nitpick at any part of my claim other than the lack of a result quote (which he didn't), sorta wary of Proto because of the way he responded to me, and

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

because lol voting Marf over a N0 case for half of the phase so far, even while locked in an argument with Snike and finding something new to attack from a different player almost every other post in his ISO. I think this sort of ADHD scumhunting is more likely to come from scum just throwing out cases on people to appear pro-active, since BBM wasn't really committing to anything after he posted it or making it very clear who he wanted ded, not to mention that he was parking on the Bluedoom wagon during all this.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, there're so many crossfires between all the players that there are way so many posts to read. Please give me some time to read them and I promise a content post by the end of today (I'm actually a little sick of entertaining relatives IRL).

I apologize in advance for the uncharacteristic amount of meta that's going to be in this post.

Am I the only one that has a hunch that Helios and Scorri are scumbuddies? (Or, if not, at least one of them has to be scum)

Plus Helios's posts are really low in quality which isn't like him. Usually he's a big presence in games but I almost forgot he was playing, and the picking on Scorri seems curiously out of place. He didn't actually explain his vote until he got pressed for it and I wouldn't put it past him to lay on a bus vote early and switch it (since he could just use the "lol ED1" excuse to handwave his earlier vote on Scorri). This probably sounds absurd but whatever, I kinda think one of them is scum at least. Although going by meta Scorri seems to be more flighty/less active when she's town but that might be just coincidence.

Sho, Prims isn't the only one nagging at you and you need to step down from your high place and contribute. You don't get a free pass just because your role got fried. What do you think about any other player besides Prims? Who do you think is scum? Who do you want lynched today?

This is probably really late but Proto, what do you consider "solid data?"

Although I highly disagree with Eclipse's mindset, I actually have a town read on her for the first time like ever in an earlygame. The stubborn "I can do whatever I want and vote whomever I want" can be antitown, since if you're the only one with an opinion and the only one that believes in it and you won't try and convince everyone else to believe in it, you're just going to be deadweight/a wasted vote. The stubbornness reads to me as town though. I feel like BBM's mostly voting her because he's frustrated with her.

Again, I liked Snike's response to my earlier suspicion on him. As in, surprisingly so. At first he seemed defensive but then he considered that maybe he worded himself incorrectly and I liked that. I'll get back to his content in a moment but I haven't really had a lot of problems with it from my first readthrough. It wasn't thorough so I'm setting this aside.

Anyway yeah Rocker came in with this and this after finding my pressure vote on him. FTR I voted him on a gut feeling based on his N0 question directed towards me which sounded like to point out my logic was (clearly) faulty. Like everyone knows that the town's win condition is to find scum, I just have confidence issues. It sounded strangely aggressive/exaggerated to me too and not in a good way. His ISO has 3 game-related posts and his D1 content has been "I agree, I'm going to wait behind the person voting me and not give any opinions instead." Plus, expressing shock at a PR death or otherwise the loss of a PR is filler and s scumtell.

Two more things:

Prims always bluffs like that as town but his "we can stop mislynching Marth now" sideremark reminds me vaguely of his scum meta but I don't think it means a lot in this context.

@NNR:

Leder your reactions to my post is kind of the "over" variety. I'm not exactly having an easy time reading this thread so you don't have to blow up on me every time I take something out of context. You were participating in the rolespec with your complaints about a possible role deleter, although Snike is far more guilty of it.

I still disagree with you that your Rocker vote initially feels like a votepark since you only provided reasoning after putting the vote down.

1. I tend to react like that, deal with it. It's not meant to be personal anyway; if I type something with multiple exclamation marks like this!!!!!!!!!! It's meant to be more facetious than aggressive. I'm sorry that you interpreted that as me 'blowing up' at you.

Also voicing my worry about a role deleter isn't really rolespec, it's a filler reaction more than anything but yeah.

Also I linked to Rocker's post from N0 that made me feel odd about him, so you can't say I 'voteparked' him for entirely no reason. This reminds me of Mancer's misuse of the word 'votepark' but it isn't really in the same vein since I was vague about my feelings on Rocker when I actually voted him.

Hi I'm painting stuff and I'm taking a break while I'm waiting for paint to dry

Am I the only one that has a hunch that Helios and Scorri are scumbuddies? (Or, if not, at least one of them has to be scum)

One step ahead of you, at least in thinking that Helios is scum.

facepalm. There was a lot more you could do with your vote Helios, at this time, so why in the world did you choose to place it on someone for a super weak reason???

other lynch targets I wouldn't mind either right now: helios/sb/marf for reasons already stated

Yeah not the best implied scumread on Helios but it's there.

Honestly I don't have much of an opinion on scorri right now, I'd have to look into it when I have more time on my hands

I can't be both attacking someone new every other post and tunneling the people on my wagon, so which is it that I need to stop doing? Also, Marth left like right after I voted for him, and we're only 12 hours into the phase, so how exactly is voting someone for half of that time over a N0 case bad anyways?

The players I find worst right now are Eclipse, Snike, Marth, and Helios. I've explained myself about the first two, and the feelings about Marth are lingering from N0, but they're not that strong. I realize I haven't said much about Helios, but basically I don't like his Scorri vote and disappearance. This isn't very strong either. Also waiting on that post from Mancer.

Fuck actually I forgot to mention I have a slight scumread on Xinnidy but I'll have to explain that tomorrow. I'm sorry

I've been reading thread for a bit and am still reading it. A few thoughts though:

I'll need to re-read Sho N0 to see if he said anything hinting to his role but I find Sho being Cop losing his role, AND Snike claiming Miller, delving deeper into the matter to be fishy. Proto's rolespeccing also irks me big time and Manix did us a favour and brought to our notice- Gizmo. Thanks man.

BBM is doing that scummy thing where he starts having multiple scumreads. Mentioning cult in a NON-BASTARD game(ok I'm gonna check the rules again) makes me think he could be 3rd party announcer- we don't know what kind of a third party he would be though. I still require an explanation for the 2nd announcer(at least it looked like that) .

EDIT: Its a non-bastard game. Ok.

Lucina

Why does thy not even try, and goes the lazy way like always

siiiiiiigh

Shouldn't have joined if you're gonna draft FE13 all day erryday and forget this exists. ;/

Posts with sighs in them really irk me and rub me off in the wrong way.

BBM (3) - eclipse, Snike, Prims

Lucina (2) - SB, Proto

Rocker64 (2) - Levity, Xinnidy

Bluedoom (1) - Sho

eclipse (1) - BBM

MancerNecro (1) - Marth

scorri (1) - Helios

Serious Bananas (1) - Manix

Xinnidy (1) - Shinori

Voteless Scum (8): Blitz, Lucina, MancerNecro, NNR, Paulina, Reinfleche, Rocker64, scorri

im helpful & pro-town

@BBM: You switched your vote away from Mancer because Mancer wasn't around because you thought you weren't being productive. How was leaving your vote down on Marth (who was similarly not around) when you had several stronger cases any better?

meanwhile

I had no reason to vote on lucina based on how fickle and lurkish I know her meta to be (yes metaspec blahblah blame me if you want), if the role cop was a lie then I have no real reason to vote her, as my really early vote was RVS.

To begin with, I don't like Rocker's or Lucina's behavior throughout this thread. Lucina is kind of a moot point now since her leaving the thread pretty much screamed scum, but Rocker had a lot of chance to answer back and still has the chance to, but hasn't done so, meanwhile I caught him looking at the topic at times. There's not really much to look at from those two post-wise, either. I find Rocker scummy and Lucina is all but confirmed.

caught in a lie

Man I can't seem to get my quotes to have quotes inside them without going the hard way fsr.

I'd go around and say that that's the price I pay for trying to post something about my scumreads with my head on the clouds but eh.

I'd like to think my judgment towards Lucina was clouded due to the cop claim and I flipped a table when it turned out to be fake. Sure, I still don't like that Lucina disappeared after the fakeclaim, but after I cooled down my head from attempting to scumread when I'm clearly not used to it at all, I remembered how Lucy's play was excessively lurky and sheepish during Void and though it made more sense put this way, especially with how little she's trying to defend herself.

I know I've picked on the things Helios said when he first posted such as his vote on scorri for active lurking which made little sense to me, but his 'friendly-ness' also reminds me of his Void play in OC chats. ;/

Wheter the latter is of any value is where I take a step back however, since I don't really claim to fully know his meta and am obviously biased towards Void. I'd like to think he's still pretty scummy.

Right now I'd wish Rocker would post more because I'm getting an inactivity lynch taste in my mouth, so to speak, and it bothers me regardless of how I don't like his few posts.

I feel like I need to brave some big posts I skimmed, but so far my townreads so far are BBM, Sho, Lucina, Prims, and Bizz.

Fuck actually I forgot to mention I have a slight scumread on Xinnidy but I'll have to explain that tomorrow. I'm sorry

So ungrateful, townread. ;/

Well I find it's easier for me to come up with posts with content when people indulge me with questions so I actually wouldn't mind if you guys started asking me questions because I tried the opposite and had a hard time getting reads myself.

Ok now to read the Eclipse x BBM argument because I've been shamefully skimming all that like a chump.

I saw many claims right here:

BBM: Announcer

Snike: Miller

Leder: Scummy Town Role

Sho.M.the.Tits: Alliance Cop that got Vannilised

Shinori: Numbers

Manix: Some character/flavor claim

Doofinus: CPR Doctor

I would actually like BBM, Snike and Shinori to post their role PMs for verification of their roles and alignments.

Alright, I don't really like Sho's claim of Alliance Cop that has been Vannilised, but he has a role PM (that according to someone has a spelling error in it?), so he's more or less neutral at this moment. I still don't like the way he had to be persuaded to claim his actual role though, and he has actually not been contributing a lot.

I find BBM's votehopping, first on me then to Bluedoom, then on to Loocina (if I did not remember all these wrongly) a little suspicious and opportunistic. There weren't a lot of reasons behind that and he had been a little too high strung about his Announcement as well, which (by his own definition from Day 1) seems to be scum trying overly hard to appear town and helpful, by incessantly trying to prove his Announcer role and by votehopping to appear like he's really sparking up discussion. ##Vote: BBM

Lucina's claim seems a little bit iffy too, but I think it might be because she's inexperienced and panicked when Prims pulled the "JoaT cop scan result" out. CPR Doctor could be like a Vig to town, as mentioned by someone that it's a Vig variant. Are there any Vig counterclaims to Lucina?

I find several other players a little flip floppy. Manix and Xinnidy are at the top of the list for this. I feel that there really isn't a lot of conviction behind their posts and that they appear very neutral in terms of their reads and votes. This apathy stands out for me and I'd like to point it out.

Okay I've thought a bit more on sho's case and cult spec looks dumb right now, for the reasons sho posted.

BBM is being pretty suspicious of people as far as I can tell, but I find that really null right now.

Sadly, I don't really know what to think of Snike at this point.

Rocker is being lol and it's not helping his case much unless he bothers explaining.

I see Helios reading the thread hi Helios. (yes I'm not being fond of Void ;/)

##Unvote

##Vote: Rocker

[/size]

Elieson put most of them in the OP.

I'll post something more after I have dinner.

I know you're vote on Lucina hasn't really been serious and probably bad, but same with Rocker vote(especially since he's inactive.) I'd like to hear from you some actual scumreads instead of townreads.

wrt Helios: He commented on what he could so he's more of a null atm. Scorri vote was weak though, I'll admit that.

>neutral

>wanted 4 people, now 3 because of lucina's claim, to be lynched

>wut

mancer please. I could point out all the questioning i've been doing and all the thoughts behind the scenes. do you seriously think i'm being apathetic by engaging in the discussions and whatnot? read my posts again (my ISO is over here, starting from my first post) please and get back to me on this.

There weren't two announcers. It was just me, and the reason that it looked like there were two announcers was because you are all lame and absolutely none of you recognized that my announcement was a pastiche of D1 announcements from past games. Specifically, OC Basics, CM4, and SFM. Which is why it sounded like the announcer suddenly changed- the first two parts were written by Paperblade and the last part was written by Scorri.

I kept my vote on Marth despite him not being there because I thought he'd come back in a little bit, and then when it became apparent he wasn't, I didn't feel fully comfortable with voting Snike because it was only the one post of his I really took issue with. His first post or two, against Marth, I agreed with. After that it became just us accusing the other of misrepping. Then I got frustrated for a while so I left to study without any breaks, and after I came back from dinner, I voted Eclipse.

As for me mentioning a cult, my mind jumped to it because two out of the last three large games have had them. And cult games aren't bastard; Schoolteacher wasn't announced as bastard and it had one. Marth, your definition of bastard is really weird, because you apparently consider Cults to be more bastard than Jesters?

Mancer, why do you want me, Snike, and Shinori to post our role PMs? I might as well post mine because I'm outed anyways, but Snike implied he had more to his role so asking him to post his role PM is dumb. Shinori might also have more to his PM. This makes me uncomfortable.

Also I need to reread Xinny because she just said I was a townread of her's, even though I feel like I remember her saying that she was slightly suspicious of me.

As for me mentioning a cult, my mind jumped to it because two out of the last three large games have had them. And cult games aren't bastard; Schoolteacher wasn't announced as bastard and it had one. Marth, your definition of bastard is really weird, because you apparently consider Cults to be more bastard than Jesters?

Actually I only fully understood what a bastard role was after Prims called me out during MC postgame. Then I looked up bastard roles in mafiascum wiki.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bastard_Mod

ffs we need less claims out in the open, not more, guys

i only flavor claimed to clear up problems with sho and stuff, and i'm going on a limb here and saying who sho targeted was irrelevant to what happened to him. call it gut, but honestly the chances that sho's target is anti-town/whatever are likely to be low to the point that i just don't think it's worth considering

Got ninja'd.

My voting history has been Mancer -> Marth -> Eclipse. I never voted Lucina. Also, how the hell is trying to prove my Announcer role after I claimed it scummy? Would you rather I idle? If someone other than me had made that announcement, they would have said so by now.

Also, Mancer, why are you rolefishing so hard? First asking role PMs from me/Snike/Shinori, and then asking for a Vig counterclaim? Vigs don't CC at any time other than MYLO/LYLO, they shoot. If there's another Vig and they feel that their role can't co-exist with Lucy's, they'll shoot her tonight.

I'm not liking Mancer's posts at all.

BBM, I'm asking for role PMs because since you have already claimed your role, there is not much else to lose by showing us your role PM.

Showing the role PMs also helps town to tell who's role PMs and claims are faked and whatnot. From what I see (from Prims's fake JoaT role PM), I don't think Elieson gives out Win Cons, so if someone is reluctant to give out role PMs, I'd think it's because you have a faked role PM/claim and don't have town's Win Con up.

An example is Sho's role PM, where "Skreech" is spelled as "Screech" (I think?).

Manix, I don't get your post's meaning and implications. In fact, your posts have all been like that and I really can't tell what your stands are. That apathetic way of posting really reminds me of your Midnight Crew play.

From what I see (from Prims's fake JoaT role PM), I don't think Elieson gives out Win Cons

Or you can look at mine which did have one. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Manix, I don't get your post's meaning and implications. In fact, your posts have all been like that and I really can't tell what your stands are. That apathetic way of posting really reminds me of your Midnight Crew play.

I explicitly stated that I wanted one of helios/sb/marth lynched right now, and have my vote on SB. Also slightly up on the scumlist is bbm, not he's not a priority. How hard is it to understand my stances???

BBM, I'm not role fishing. Those three who I asked role PMs from have already claimed their roles. What other thing could anyone of you three have in your role PMs other than your roles which already have been claimed?

I'm asking for a Vig CC to see if Lucina's weird claim and claim time can be trusted. Since no Vigs have CCed, I actually think that it is very likely that Lucina is meant to be town's Vig with her weird CPR Doctor role.