Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

This is kinda why I'm inquiring, Manix.

Yeah I know, but my point stands. I just don't think it's likely enough to be worth considering (and for all we know, it could be a positive effect and not a negative one)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBM, I'm not role fishing. Those three who I asked role PMs from have already claimed their roles. What other thing could anyone of you three have in your role PMs other than your roles which already have been claimed?

Snike had implied he had a second part to his role. Shinori I don't know about.

I'm asking for a Vig CC to see if Lucina's weird claim and claim time can be trusted. Since no Vigs have CCed, I actually think that it is very likely that Lucina is meant to be town's Vig with her weird CPR Doctor role.

Vig's don't cc, they shut up and shoot their cc and claim later.

Elie not giving the mafia the town wincon in a game where posting role PMs is allowed would be terribly dumb. In fact, THAT would be bastard mod. If you REALLY want my role PM:

sf2_book_kiwi.jpg

Dear BBM, you are Kiwi.

You are a cross between a turtle and some other land creature, and fight by tossing your helmet at your enemies. You are cute and adorable, and have the ability to attract everyone's attention Everyone always manages to hear you, because you are so hard to resist (both because of your hard­to­forget failure at combat, your programming glitch that prevents your critical hit from doing more damage, your half­flying earned at promotion, and your incredible defense but pitiful hit point count).

During the night you may respond to your RolePM with "Speaking tires me...but here goes. [MESSAGE]" [MESSAGE] may include up to 400 words, and will be announced during the upcoming Day's opening post as being made by Kiwi.

In short, you are the Announcer.

You are allied with the Shining Force. You win when all threats to you and your fellow Shining Force members have been eliminated.

Snike had implied he had a second part to his role. Shinori I don't know about.

Vig's don't cc, they shut up and shoot their cc and claim later.

I guess we could do that. I'm not really sure as to what each specific type of role should do in mafia games yet.

During the night you may respond to your RolePM with "Speaking tires me...but here goes. [MESSAGE]" [MESSAGE] may include up to 400 words, and will be announced during the upcoming Day's opening post as being made by Kiwi.

This part here seems weird, BBM. I know my role PM and Lucina's and Sho's that they've posted have "Night X -" in their action paragraph. Yours seems like a slipshod cut work that makes me think that there is more to it than what you've shown or that it's a fake role PM.

Argh more posts while I read old stuff, I shouldn't reply so early but

Also I need to reread Xinny because she just said I was a townread of her's, even though I feel like I remember her saying that she was slightly suspicious of me.

I actually don't think I went on about how you became cleared to me outside my own thoughts.

I was on night 0 that I had suspicions on you because I had a suspicion since announcer is basically vanilla, and my conclusion was that Elieson would at least give you some sort of other power due to his rules, . And your night 0 announcement sounded awkward because it seemed like two people had announced and merged at first. However with how some people's claims seem passive at first glance and a vanillizer of sorts running around, I concluded that Elieson just didn't want people to start the game as vanilla. My nitpickings on you died quite a while ago. I think your method of suspecting people to be consistent with how you've been playing night 0 as well.

Also, I'd rather we stop with the role PM dumps, Lucina seemed to have the wrong impression and I don't think encouraging Role PM dumps in day 1 is much clever.

Meanwhile BBM posts his Role while I type this. >.<

Mancer can we please not nitpick role PMs so fast.

The "Night X" part isn't there in my role PM. I don't know why. Elie probably made a mistake there.

The nitpick is unnecessary because whether or not I am confirmed town, I am confirmed Announcer. What possible reason would I as mafia Announcer have to remove the "Night X" part from my action paragraph if it existed?

I feel that BBM hesitated on posting his role PM because of that error in it or because he had to omit something from it or get Elieson to write him a fake.

I'd assume, with posting role PMs allowed, that posting role PMs when claiming should be a given.

With their roles already out in the open, they're not aiding scum much by outing their role PMs and can actually help town rout out the fakes.

The nitpick is unnecessary because whether or not I am confirmed town, I am confirmed Announcer.

It's called clarity. It never hurt anyone.

What possible reason would I as mafia Announcer have to remove the "Night X" part from my action paragraph if it existed?

Pure example: Mafia announcer+something else faking a role PM. (Albeit badly in that case)

Which may or may not be the case. Honestly I'm not really considering your claim too much in reading you because it could flip either way (the reasoning behind the claim could have either alignment's intent, so I can't read off that.)

Just kind of annoyed right now from something else and it's seeping into the game, sorry.

Anyways, upon a reread of Xinny, she never said that she found me suspicious, just that I was suspicious of a lot of people, which she declared null.

The following players are requested to make some serious content: Rocker, Blitz, Scorri(when she gets back), Rein, any other inactive I forgot

Also, ##Unvote

Ftr I don't find Mancer scummy so I don't know why I still had my vote on him.

##Vote: Xinnidy

Just find his play iffy in general. Not interested in voting BBM atm because he is already under pressure and we're aren't really gonna lynch anyone anytime soon.

Votals:

BBM (4): -SB-, -Snike-, Eclipse, Snike, Prims, MancerNecro

Rocker64 (2): -Leder-, Xinnidy , Leder

Xinnidy (2): Shinori, Bluedoom

Doofina (1): -Xin-, -Prims-, -Snike-, SB, -Leder-, -Manix-

Bluedoom (1): -Snike-, -BBM-, Sho

scorri (1): Helios

Serious Bagels (1): Manix

Eclipse (1): BBM

Voteless:

scorri, Leavatinn, Liquid Snake, Paulina, Rocker64, Cap'n Flint, Doofina, NekoRex

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 votes to Hammer. Without a hammer, Phase will end in approximately 55 hours and 30 minutes. If a hammer does not occur, lynch will be decided by majority. If there is no majority on a single player, there will be no lynch.

An official notice.

When I announce Phase End, I use that time to prepare and send results, and then prepare Phase End flavor, in that order.

If you are concerned with anything regarding the game, contact myself (or any of the IOs) for assistance or venting.

I have updated the OP with ISOs for most everyone, and am providing direct links to Phase Beginnings.

MancerNecro, Shinori and Cap'n Flint have all given notice to their temporary absence.

Liquid Snake has not posted in over 48 hours, and will be prodded for a sub at 72.

I am merely human. I will likely make mistakes in places, such as Votals, etc.

Edited by Elieson

Going over Marth's latest posts, I haven't really liked them much. The Xinny vote feels sort of lazy. The wording in his comment about Helios is weird because he "admits" that Helios's Scorri vote was weak, which sounds like he's defending Helios, and I don't know why he feels like he has to do that. He calls out Proto for his rolespec, but then proceeds to rolespec about what might have caused Sho to lose his role. Also not sure why he thinks that me mentioning Cult might make me a third-party announcer. That's kind of a leap, seeing as the only ITP who would be likely to know there might be a cult in the game would be the cult, and if I was cult, I'd hardly be the one to bring them up on D1. Additionally, he says I'm scummy for having multiple scumreads, but if Shinori's claim is to be believed, there are 6 non-town players, so there's nothing wrong with having multiple scumreads. Maybe I have too many, but that's not what he said.

Bizz: I have my own thoughts, opinions, and methods, which are tied to my role. I am not the type to shout at people for NOT following my early reads because I know better than that. If people think there's merit to my logic, they'll follow. I'm not going to tell them that they SHOULD follow me, nor will I follow someone just because they demand it. I'm half-tempted to point out instances of people demanding others do something, because it's something that I dislike greatly.

(if the above offends anyone, I'm not apologizing)

Speaking of things that irritate me, someone just committed another one.

##Unvote

##Vote: MancerNecro

I'm suspicious of BBM's alignment not role. There's a D1 announcement, BBM claimed announcer N0, and no one's counter-claimed. Thus, I don't see the point of forcing him to publish a role PM (or anyone else with a claimed role, either). While this doesn't discount the possibility of there being more to his role, mafia announcers with no other powers have existed in the past, and I was one a long time ago. I'd prefer it if the flavorspec were kept to a minimum, because hosts are fallible, and people shouldn't be lynched on typos in a role PM (I still think BBM overreacted big time earlier, but he seems to have calmed down just a little bit, and asking for role PMs caught my attention).

I don't see what's wrong with asking for role PMs from players who have already supposedly claimed their role. It's just another step in verifying their claims.

On the other hand, you eclipse, seem to be hiding something and are echoing BBM a lot. Would it be possible of both of you were scum buddies and you are now trying to help him out through his tight spot?

It is his alignment that is fishy, but I think that minor inconsistencies in a player's role PM somewhere can show his or her attempts at trying to fake and forge their role PM. It is possible that there is something more to his Announcer role that he might not be telling us as well, or that he changed some of the flavor in his role PM. I'm suspecting that BBM's role PM that he showed us is faked and that he might actually be something else from what he claimed.

This also does not fall under flavor spec.

I also noticed something else similar between BBM and eclipse's accusations.

They both accused me of role fishing and/or trying to force role PMs out from players. However, that is not the case. I am trying to get role PMs from players who have already claimed. This is a completely different scenario from trying to get role PMs from players who have not claimed.

The way their arguments are very heavy echoes of each others' makes me think that both of them could have had some form of outside communication where they have discussed the in-thread happenings. I'm actually thinking of a Courier role or something like that, but I think a Masonry or that they're scumteam is most likely.

I've been bored the past hour and I've been iso'ing people, have some stuff:

rocker is gonna flake hard i bet

somehow i dun think he's scum, at least not yet

source: thoughts QT, 7:27PM eastern time, 2/9

yeah I iso'ed him and now we're at this:

rocker's few posts did... nothing at all. seriously. god it's worse than I thought it was. wouldn't mind lynching him actually.

source: also thoughts QT, 9:11AM eastern time, 2/10 (ie 15 minutes ago)

still wary about sb, not thinking he's quite the scumlord i originally thought but he's still one of my strongest scumreads right now

also i gleaned a bunch of townreads/nulltown so it wasn't a complete waste as well

I don't see what's wrong with asking for role PMs from players who have already supposedly claimed their role. It's just another step in verifying their claims.

On the other hand, you eclipse, seem to be hiding something and are echoing BBM a lot. Would it be possible of both of you were scum buddies and you are now trying to help him out through his tight spot?

It is his alignment that is fishy, but I think that minor inconsistencies in a player's role PM somewhere can show his or her attempts at trying to fake and forge their role PM. It is possible that there is something more to his Announcer role that he might not be telling us as well, or that he changed some of the flavor in his role PM. I'm suspecting that BBM's role PM that he showed us is faked and that he might actually be something else from what he claimed.

This also does not fall under flavor spec.

Eclipse and I have been attacking each other for a good chunk of the phase. For us to be scumbuddies, that would have to be fabricated. Why would we get in such a slapfight so early?

Also, the Announcer part of my role isn't faked. I've proved it. It even has my name in it. If you look closely, I call myself BabyBowserMonster, a reference to my name and to my character, Kiwi. I might have another portion to my role that I am hiding, but I'm under no obligation to reveal it if there is. You said that you're only asking people who've claimed their role to post their role PM. If there is indeed more to my PM, then asking me to post that is asking me to claim a part of my role I haven't yet. So yeah, you are rolefishing, so stop it. Also, minor inconsistencies are more often due to the mod than the player, because players are generally more careful, which is why most games have a clause in the rules saying "The host isn't perfect". Elie didn't, but he DID mention it in his last votals post.

Am I the only one that has a hunch that Helios and Scorri are scumbuddies? (Or' date=' if not, at least one of them has to be scum)[/quote']My first response to this was actually "who the fuck is Helios because I haven't seen him post in this game so far" and then I had to ISO him and realized that he has barely posted outside of N0.

There'd be more to this but :metaspec: I guess. Just me nitpicking.

more nitpicking:

Pure example: Mafia announcer+something else faking a role PM. (Albeit badly in that case)

Which may or may not be the case. Honestly I'm not really considering your claim too much in reading you because it could flip either way (the reasoning behind the claim could have either alignment's intent' date=' so I can't read off that.)

[/quote']Scum don't need to fake PMs since they can ask the moderator for fakes, the point is invalid.

Guys stop trying to outguess the mod. It's just making spam. I don't see anything wrong with fullclaimed people being asked to provide role PMs, excluding Snike since Miller is a sometimes role modifier and not a role and he isn't guaranteed to only have Miller. It's true that a PM isn't going to make anyone more town, but you shouldn't be relying on roles to determine if someone is town or scum anyway. Mod safeclaims are safe for a reason. (Mancer that is also directed at you)

Going to do some ISOs on Manix and Eclipse(the criticism on Mancer bothers me), BBM (for my gut), and some other people catching my attention. might put a vote down on one. If not I guess I'll default to Sho since his play has been annoying so far.

Why on earth would you default to Sho? I still don't think he's confirmed town, but thinking of voting him right now would indicate that you haven't read the thread very much.

Eclipse and I have been attacking each other for a good chunk of the phase. For us to be scumbuddies, that would have to be fabricated. Why would we get in such a slapfight so early?

Also, the Announcer part of my role isn't faked. I've proved it. It even has my name in it. If you look closely, I call myself BabyBowserMonster, a reference to my name and to my character, Kiwi. I might have another portion to my role that I am hiding, but I'm under no obligation to reveal it if there is. You said that you're only asking people who've claimed their role to post their role PM. If there is indeed more to my PM, then asking me to post that is asking me to claim a part of my role I haven't yet. So yeah, you are rolefishing, so stop it. Also, minor inconsistencies are more often due to the mod than the player, because players are generally more careful, which is why most games have a clause in the rules saying "The host isn't perfect". Elie didn't, but he DID mention it in his last votals post.

Guys, we've found our first scum. BBM is obviously hiding something from his role PM from town and generally being unhelpful.

Also: Since when have I asked anyone to reveal anything that they've no claimed. BBM, you're adding words into my mouth right there. If you have something hidden in your role PM, you're free to have claimed that earlier. The way you phrase that part about role fishing makes me think that you intentionally hid something from town and when I pressed you for your role PM, you panicked and let slip that you had something extra in your role PM when you tried to accuse me of role fishing. My intentions by asking for role PMs was for these sorts of slips and reactions.