Really Neato Mafia game thread

Excellen Browning

Session Start: Mon Feb 18 14:40:25 2013

Session Ident: Prims

[14:40] Session Ident: Prims (DarkMyst, Shino) (prismpalad@winwiuas-86-41-44-011.dslextreme.com)

[14:40] <Prims> go hammer sb

[14:42] <Prims> That or vote Shin

01[14:42] <Shino> I saw sb posting

01[14:42] <Shino> So I was waiting to see what he was gonna say

01[14:42] <Shino> but then he said nothing.

01[14:42] <Shino> SO WHATEVER.

[14:42] <Prims> I would rather lynch Shin than SB tbh

[14:42] <Prims> but that'd require everybody switch wagons

01[14:43] <Shino> I'd be fine with the Shin lynch, the only issue with that is if he flips town I don't think many people have really talked to him and we won't get many assiociative reads.

01[14:43] <Shino> I'm pretty sure I butchered the spelling there.

[14:44] <Prims> who cares, we lynch people for being scum, not for information

[14:44] <Prims> and we still have 2 more lynches today if we go fast

01[14:44] <Shino> Has anyone defended Shin to your knowledge?

[14:44] <Prims> nobody has really talked to him afaik

[14:44] <Prims> *talked about

01[14:45] <Shino> Hrm.

[14:45] <Prims> I'd really just like to turbolynch shin atm

01[14:45] <Shino> Well I think a Shin lynch is fine. But will everyone else be willing to swap.

[14:45] <Prims> still think he's scum

[14:45] <Prims> SB and Elie probably will

01[14:45] <Shino> SB would because it's either him or shin in that scenario.

[14:46] <Prims> even then we'll need to wait for somebody to get on and hammer

[14:47] <Prims> I think Cam would be my second lynch choice right now, actually

[14:48] <Prims> as town i'd expect him to be slightly apologetic about not being able to get anything

01[14:48] <Shino> I don't remember him being like that in void.

01[14:48] <Shino> But meh. I didn't talk to him much.

[14:48] <Prims> i don't remember what he was like in void

[14:48] <Prims> because i barel yread it

01[14:48] <Shino> He uh

01[14:48] <Shino> Didn't do like anything

01[14:48] <Shino> And held onto a bpv that he coulda gave away the entire game.

01[14:48] <Shino> Basically

01[14:48] <Shino> ;///

[14:50] <Prims> do you agree that mancer/lucy is town/town

[14:50] <Prims> im like 90% on mancer-town atm

01[14:50] <Shino> Eh I'm iffy on Lucy

01[14:50] <Shino> From my conversation with hi,.

01[14:50] <Shino> Him*

01[14:51] <Shino> Mancer I think is okay to be left as is.

[14:52] <Prims> my priorities are something like Shin > Cam > SB > (Elie, BBM, Lucy???) > Mancer

[14:52] <Prims> gut says SB is town but i dunno

[14:52] <Prims> dunno how to sort out the parenthesis either

01[14:53] <Shino> I'd say at the moment for me it's more like Shin > Lucy > SB > Cam

[14:53] <Prims> this is bad logic but i almost think lucina is to collected to be newbscum

[14:53] <Prims> *too

01[16:22] <Shino> [4:20:17 PM] shinori8: Oh. Sorry I wasn't paying attention. I'll talk to you later if I have to but if you are still here. two questions:

01[16:22] <Shino> What did you think of the shin lynch? And if you had to lynch 2 people right now who would they be?

01[16:22] <Shino> [4:21:22 PM] Cameron Wong: didn't like the shin lynch

01[16:22] <Shino> [4:21:25 PM] Cameron Wong: prims and sb

01[16:22] <Shino> [4:21:47 PM] shinori8: Then why did you never vote sb?

01[16:22] <Shino> [4:22:02 PM] Cameron Wong: haven't been on

[16:22] <Prims> he was totally on at one point though

01[16:22] <Shino> He's been on a few times.

01[16:22] <Shino> I mean

01[16:22] <Shino> Aren't we like 36 hours into the day

[16:22] <Prims> i feel like he's just milking apathy as an excuse

[16:22] <Prims> yeah

01[16:22] <Shino> He's even posted a few times

01[16:22] <Shino> And he even commented on not having a vote down

[16:22] <Prims> i want to lynch him, then after that one of bbm/sb/elie but i'm not entirely sure

01[16:23] <Shino> [4:22:11 PM] Cameron Wong: [Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:23 PM] Cameron Wong:

01[16:23] <Shino> <<< i've been distracted/busy over the past few days

01[16:23] <Shino> and will probably continue to be until the end of tomorrow

01[16:23] <Shino> He linked me that as a quote

01[16:23] <Shino> I guess he's copy pasting some of the same general answers to people

[16:23] <Prims> yeah

[16:23] <Prims> i would like to turbo him

01[16:24] <Shino> When I talked to elie he seemed to mimic most other players thoughts on who was scum/who he wanted to lynch.

[16:24] <Prims> i kinda think elie looks town from a chat with bbm

01[16:25] <Shino> He said shin sb and cam were his top 3 preffered lynchs

[16:25] <Prims> but everything else leans kinda scummy?

01[16:25] <Shino> Eh

01[16:25] <Shino> I think he's okay

[16:25] <Prims> nobody really mentioned wanting cam lynched until after shin bit it though

01[16:25] <Shino> I would be more worried about Lucy than him.

[16:26] <Prims> him being elie or cam?

01[16:27] <Shino> Elie.

[16:27] <Prims> o

[16:27] <Prims> would you vote cam

01[16:28] <Shino> I wanna see his response to what I posted in thread real quick. Assuming he goes back to look at it or not.

[16:28] <Prims> he responded saying "i've been busy" basically

[16:28] <Prims> oh nevermind

[16:28] <Prims> i missed your post

[16:32] <Prims> yeah i think he's scum

[17:34] <Prims> I'm pretending scum were elie/prims/shinori

[17:35] <Prims> and that we quickhammered lucina for town win

[17:35] <Prims> to get reactions

[17:35] <Prims> *for scum win

01[17:35] <Shino> Oh.Haha.

01[17:35] <Shino> I'm trying to read stuff to catch up.

Session Close: Mon Feb 18 18:08:27 2013

I bolded some of the more important parts regarding thoughts on how he thought of lucy and elie and how i thought of lucy/elie.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of you try to get together to lynch Shinori, but it seems he went home to play Pokemon. You shrug collectively and get back to business.

Shinori has been lynched! He was allied with the mafia! It is now Day 6! GO!

<Shino> Shut up.

<Shino> I only dislike the fact

<Shino> that im being lynched over him because of bias

<Shino> Fuck that

<BBM> don't get angry

<Shino> Im scum

<Shino> We lose

<Shino> gg

<Shino> Fuck you

<Prims> lol

<BBM> i'm not lynching him over you because bias

<Paperblade> lol

* Shino (Edocsilyo_@570-57-27-46.client.mchsi.com) has left #SForestMafia

##Vote: End Phase

After too many pretty lights from Yours Truly, the remaining Rangers, Ranger wannabes, possible side characters, and out-of-tune singers took a break. When dawn's early light graced the Folgore Hideout, the remainder of you did a head count. Wait, someone was missing!

Dear Excellen, you are ?????

"But I got all the bad guys, why can't I be a Folgore?" Priam whined, tears in his "innocent" eyes.

"I am Folgore Purple II, and justice has been served," the self-named Folgore announced.

"You missed one," Eliedon pointed out.

"So you say you wanna be more like me--wait, it's over? I can stop singing stupid songs?" BBM asked.

"OH WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT NONSENSE?!" everyone else screamed, as they vacated the Folgore Hideout.

"And so the villains win. Horita, where are you?"

Congratulations to the town for winning Really Neato Mafia! Excellen gets to do postgame.

cool assassin in the palace game guys

My reads were pretty terrible here but at least I made the right choices in the end? I miss being able to consistently read Shinori correctly.

Also I have no interest in being a part of ftff circlejerks but whatever it's well-established that eclipse is terrible at flavor for not incorporating this into Shinori's lynch anyway

<Prims> BBM go hammer scumnori

<Prims> I will say this in language flavor BBM can understand

some logs i never posted in my role PM because the game ended too fast:

BBM

<Prims> SB queried me when I got him at L-1

<Prims> I offered to switch the wagon to Shin and he complied but didn't really approach me about anything first

<Prims> or ask me to do anything

<Prims> eh

<Prims> shrug i just want to Lynch People

<BBM> i didnt like the attitude towards policy lynching from either of you, but i think you've explained your thought processes more and you give me townvibes and he doesnt

<BBM> also you seem too brazen in your play for scum

<BBM> though maybe you're taking refuge in audacity

Shinori

<Shino> [4:20:17 PM] shinori8: Oh. Sorry I wasn't paying attention. I'll talk to you later if I have to but if you are still here. two questions:

<Shino> What did you think of the shin lynch? And if you had to lynch 2 people right now who would they be?

<Shino> [4:21:22 PM] Cam: didn't like the shin lynch

<Shino> [4:21:25 PM] Cam: prims and sb

<Shino> [4:21:47 PM] shinori8: Then why did you never vote sb?

<Shino> [4:22:02 PM] Cam: haven't been on

<Prims> he was totally on at one point though

<Shino> He's been on a few times.

<Shino> I mean

<Shino> Aren't we like 36 hours into the day

<Prims> i feel like he's just milking apathy as an excuse

<Prims> yeah

<Shino> He's even posted a few times

<Prims> i want to lynch him, then after that one of bbm/sb/elie but i'm not entirely sure

<Shino> And he even commented on not having a vote down

<Shino> [4:22:11 PM] Cam: [Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:23 PM] Cam:

<Shino> <<< i've been distracted/busy over the past few days

<Shino> and will probably continue to be until the end of tomorrow

<Shino> He linked me that as a quote

<Shino> I guess he's copy pasting some of the same general answers to people

<Prims> yeah

<Prims> i would like to turbo him

<Shino> When I talked to elie he seemed to mimic most other players thoughts on who was scum/who he wanted to lynch.

<Prims> i kinda think elie looks town from a chat with bbm

<Shino> He said shin sb and cam were his top 3 preffered lynchs

<Prims> but everything else leans kinda scummy?

<Shino> Eh

<Shino> I think he's okay

<Prims> nobody really mentioned wanting cam lynched until after shin bit it though

<Shino> I would be more worried about Lucy than him.

<Prims> him being elie or cam?

<Shino> Elie.

<Prims> o

<Prims> would you vote cam

<Shino> I wanna see his response to what I posted in thread real quick. Assuming he goes back to look at it or not.

<Prims> he responded saying "i've been busy" basically

<Prims> oh nevermind

<Prims> i missed your post

<Prims> yeah i think he's scum

<Prims> I'm pretending scum were elie/prims/shinori

<Prims> and that we quickhammered lucina for town win

<Prims> to get reactions

<Prims> *for scum win

<Shino> Oh.Haha.

<Shino> I'm trying to read stuff to catch up.

Elie: (order likely jumbled due to glitches)

[12:27:22 PM] Eli: Uhh

[12:27:28 PM] Eli: K

[12:30:35 PM] Eli: K

[12:31:12 PM] prims: You should switch to SB so I can quickhammer him

[12:34:13 PM] prims: do it

[12:34:36 PM] Eli: Ok ok one sec

[12:37:17 PM] Eli: Mm that is true

[12:37:26 PM] Eli: TBH I didn't even think of that

[12:39:58 PM] prims: oh wait that's only l-1 since mancer switched votes

[12:39:59 PM] prims: welp

[12:41:12 PM] Eli: Derp

[12:41:34 PM] Eli: You trying to make me look bad? I'm good at that without anyone's assistance you know

[12:41:44 PM] prims: if i was it wouldn't work since you could just

[12:41:46 PM] prims: give them this log

[12:44:16 PM] prims: I might try to switch the wagon back onto Shin

[12:44:23 PM] prims: requires cooperation from Shinori and SB though

[12:44:27 PM] prims: and I dunno if Shinori would wanna help

[12:45:39 PM] prims: go switch to shin

[1:33:00 PM] prims: what's your read on bbm?

[1:33:54 PM] Eli: He's like too town

[1:34:00 PM] Eli: So probably scum

[1:40:08 PM] Eli: Then logically speaking

[1:45:52 PM] prims: i c

[1:46:07 PM] prims: so who would you lynch now that shin has lfipped

[1:46:42 PM] Eli: I didn't check his thread yet busy wth my update

[1:46:44 PM] Eli: What was shin?

[1:48:15 PM] prims: twon

[1:49:51 PM] Eli: I can deduce that SB is scum

[1:49:57 PM] Eli: For throwing him under the bus ED1

[3:18:24 PM] prims: Why did you vote Cam over SB?

[3:23:31 PM] Eli: Because I don't like cam

[3:24:20 PM] Eli: And tBH

[3:24:21 PM] Eli: I got confused

[3:24:30 PM] Eli: While prepping night results for SF2M

[3:24:39 PM] prims: .-.

[3:25:06 PM] Eli: Did Sf crash?

[3:25:19 PM] prims: yes

[3:26:05 PM] Eli: Damnit

[3:26:13 PM] prims: it was back up for like a second

[3:26:13 PM] Eli: I got everyone their results

[3:26:27 PM] Eli: And hit post on the Thread

[3:26:32 PM] Eli: An nothing happened

[3:26:36 PM] Eli: FUCK this game

[3:26:42 PM] Eli: If it isn't te players

[3:26:45 PM] Eli: It's the damn site host

[3:27:05 PM] prims: Go vote Lucina

[3:27:15 PM] Eli: Where?

[3:27:19 PM] Eli: It's down

[3:27:22 PM] prims: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38020&st=120

[3:27:23 PM] prims: it was up for a sec

[3:32:16 PM] Eli: K

[3:43:07 PM] prims: congrats on being obvtown, go vote sb

[3:48:54 PM] Eli: Ahh ok

[3:56:21 PM] prims: he's at L-1

[4:04:35 PM] prims: turbo scumnori go go go

[4:06:15 PM] Eli: Yes maxter

[4:24:01 PM] prims: ##Vote: End Phase

[4:30:06 PM] Eli: If you're scum good job Trollin me

Edited by Priam

Unannounced death miller is kinda extremely ridiculously bastard, especially since I didn't even know that was my role. Probably would've been better to guarantee a death miller's existence in the OP if you were gonna do that.

For all it mattered in the end.

Edited by Priam

We should rename this game into Folgore mafia or something.

Anyway congratulations town for winning.

postgame - genius creator's thoughts

It was a very fun game to moderate, even though eclipse did all the updates and all. Thank you!~ The game ended within two days, which is probably the SF record for fastest game due to a legitimate win. As it stands I have no idea how the actual balance was, which was a major concern of mine when I was thinking up the game, as a consequence of how fast it ended. Oh oh, this being my game and me seeing no reason to be completely honest with the players, I decided to make Prims a death miller without his knowledge, and then went and told the mafia about it. Even at 7/2, I felt they were a bit underpowered due to probably never being able to use their night kill and all. And unfortunately Prims decided to join this game, who would probably go on to win the game for the side he ended up being on. This all left me a bit troubled, as a host, and so I decided to give the mafia a weapon that would give them a fair shot of using a night kill, if they would manage to get the town to lynch their death miller.

postgame - player analysis

Prims - Like I said before I expected Prims to win the game for his faction, and if anything I'd have to say he took a rather leading role in the lynching and the scumhunting. It seems a good amount of players are naturally or unconsciously comfortable with him being in the lead.

Shin - In your role PM you said to me your aim was to survive for now, and you and I don't see eye to eye in that regard I suppose. There's two goals in mafia, I think, that will serve you. The first is winning the game, the second is trolling the game. In the end, you ended up with the distinct honour of being lynched first due to what seems to be a combination of lack of interest and not making sense. Basically behaviour that's considered classic scum behaviour on this forum.

Serious Bagels - Not sure why everyone hated you, but I do recall you being high on the "to kill" list of some of the others and you ended up lynched because of it.

CT075 - Also not sure why you were lynched.

Elieson - One of the pillars that supported Prims I suppose.

BBM - active talker, which I approve of. Definitely one of the pillars of Prims.

MancerNecro - seemingly less active talker, and took some heat in the early game, but supported the win in the end.

Doofina - Overall I think you acted apathic, and that the way you sheeped and tried to get Prims lynched made you look bad. I think these are considered classic scumtells in this forum, and you got lynched for them. I also missed any sort of communication between you and Shinori.

Shinori - Overall I think you acted apathic as well. I'm going to spend the rest of your player analysis on the mafia pair as a team. I gave you the information of Prims being death miller, and you guys didn't think of how you'd try to use that properly, and instead just seemed to try to push for a Prims lynch. I'm not of the opinion that was the right way of going about it because you guys had no momentum, or sentiment, on your side to pull that lynch off, and because there were no obvious scumtells to base your reasons on. At the same time, Prims had decided that three lynches and then a night phase was a good plan, and the rest seemed to follow him on it. So if you guys had waited for your chance, like after three mislynches, you would have stood a better chance of getting him lynched. Alas, no communication or planning while I do believe that even in this game, it could have helped you.

I would've either kept the scumnote Death Miller but made its existence in the game public knowledge, or just downright shrunk the game to 6:2 instead of 7:2 so that town had less of a voting block and safety net to begin with. Possibly both?

I had fun, anyway, so thanks for hosting.

Unlike Excellen, I have taste. :P:

Shin:

You had a good grasp of what everyone WAS doing (follow the Prims), but didn't expound on why it didn't help your win condition. Prims, in turn, had you lynched. I'd say you have analysis down, but turning your analysis into action needs work.

Cam:

You didn't leave much of an impression, then didn't bother fighting your own lynch. Wasn't sure why you did that, but glad you weren't mafia.

Lucina: Round and Round BBM caught a contradiction in your Cam vote, and that was enough justification to lynch you. In the scum topic, organize who your "town" and "lynch" reads are, then play off of that, "changing" as new information comes in.

Serious Bananas: I FIGHT ME It came down to you and Lucina at one point, and after Lucina was lynched, you were next. You've improved greatly from the last memorable OC game I remember you in (Shining Force). Keep at it!

Shinori:

Unlike Lucina, he tried to fight it, but thanks to PoE reactions, he was voted out. I think a bit more organization with Lucina would've helped your faction more.

MancerNecro:

You lived! You had a bit of suspicion early, but thanks to other priorities, you survived and won with the town. You're great when it comes to talking about your own thoughts, and it looks like there's a bit more logic behind them. This is hardly the end, so I expect more from you!

Elieson: empathy You lived! You had some suspicion on you, but your reactions convinced Prims that you were town. This helped to ensure the town's victory. You also had to juggle hosting another game, which wasn't fun. The worst part of the entire game were your Skype logs, but that's not really your fault. Hope you find some free time!

Prims:

The only person who eyed you funny was Shin, and that's because you took over the game. That should be a sign that everyone else should be more active. Otherwise, this is kinda boring, as it felt like you were the only one really calling the shots.

BBM: B4U (some long mix or other) Deviated a bit from "follow the Prims"; thus, his song is a wee bit different. :P: Making him sing was a terrible joke on my part, so tee-hee~! His logic got Lucina lynched, and despite what he said about being terrible, I think he did a pretty good job. Keep it up~!

I was suspecting Prims and BBM of being scum leading the town's lynches to try and force mislynches. I think if Shinori and Lucina had argued that way, they might be able to get BBM and Prims mislynched.

Also, Lucina, you need to pay attention to other squabbles in the thread as well and try to form multiple reads on multiple players. Focusing on only one player and ignoring everything else is definitely a scummy behaviour. Try to post reads on multiple players in each post to prevent this. ((I played somewhat like you when I started and got chewed out for the same thing too, lol.))