Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

If Mancer was miller;

He wouldn’t get so worked up over rolefishing

His flavour would tell him he scans as Fire Nation, so it’s not a big leap of logic to assume Fire Nation are the bad guys. His consistent pressure on Rein under that basis is unfounded.

His vote based on Boron’s claim, especially the part where he says Gyatso being a fake suggests that Roku could also be a fake, relies on poor logic. And that’s all I’ll say about it.

##Vote: Mancer

If Kay was scum, she would have to know the argument against lynching him would go south. Therefore, I’m not a fan of the wagon, would bet there’s an opportunistic scum on it.

I don’t know how much I should read into Psych’s attitude, but he’s certainly got some splaining to do re:

also I hope i can prove my role tonight because i should be able to lead the town

The only vote on him that doesn't sit well with me is FtP. The odd mention of ITP kind of confuses me. What specifically is the reasoning behind that?

The upshot of Elieson’s claim is that we know a likely scum roleblocker does not want Slayer dead, or at least wants him to look suspicious. I'd rather leave him alone for now, since he helps whoever's doing better.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elieson: I have very little faith, that's why.

Strege: Kay's been getting a lot of pokes, so I don't think it's odd that she's in a reactionary mode. Speaking of, I think that day phase got more posts out of her than most games, so I'll leave her alone for now.

(speaking of people that should post more, where did you go Rein?)

I do NOT like this Psych wagon. He's usually nonsensical, and he's been collecting votes without answering the previous ones. Of the people on the wagon, I dislike the one with the veiled threats the lesat.

##Unvote

##Vote: FtP

If Mancer was miller;

He wouldn’t get so worked up over rolefishing

His flavour would tell him he scans as Fire Nation, so it’s not a big leap of logic to assume Fire Nation are the bad guys. His consistent pressure on Rein under that basis is unfounded.

His vote based on Boron’s claim, especially the part where he says Gyatso being a fake suggests that Roku could also be a fake, relies on poor logic. And that’s all I’ll say about it.

If Kay was scum, she would have to know the argument against lynching him would go south. Therefore, I’m not a fan of the wagon, would bet there’s an opportunistic scum on it.

I don’t know how much I should read into Psych’s attitude, but he’s certainly got some splaining to do re:

The only vote on him that doesn't sit well with me is FtP. The odd mention of ITP kind of confuses me. What specifically is the reasoning behind that?

The upshot of Elieson’s claim is that we know a likely scum roleblocker does not want Slayer dead, or at least wants him to look suspicious. I'd rather leave him alone for now, since he helps whoever's doing better.

I don't think that's a good argument. Just because Mancer would know that the mafia is Fire Nation doesn't mean Rein would know that as town, and wasn't the whole argument against Rein that it would make more sense for him to know who the mafia were as mafia?

Also, I'd think that would be something it would be better for Psych to not have to explain. Granted, he probably shouldn't have said it in the first place, but I can't see why there's such a big wagon on him, and that comment in particular doesn't seem scummy. Just overly informative.

Elieson: I have very little faith, that's why.

Strege: Kay's been getting a lot of pokes, so I don't think it's odd that she's in a reactionary mode. Speaking of, I think that day phase got more posts out of her than most games, so I'll leave her alone for now.

(speaking of people that should post more, where did you go Rein?)

I do NOT like this Psych wagon. He's usually nonsensical, and he's been collecting votes without answering the previous ones. Of the people on the wagon, I dislike the one with the veiled threats the lesat.

##Unvote

##Vote: FtP

What veiled threat...? I want him to post, I'm putting pressure on him to post. What's the problem here?

Also, why do people think it's weird that I mention that maybe Psych is an ITP? I'm not voting for him on the basis that I think he's an ITP, I'm voting for him on the basis that I think he's anti-town, I simply don't know what kind of anti-town at the moment. I will not apologize for how I word things, or for voting to put pressure on someone. Especially if my wording things isn't even wrong, I simply mentioned ITP before scum

I can't fulfill my promise. Sorry guys, but my parents were in the process of moving so i do not have defined internet access nor do I know when i will get it. I asked for a sub.

If Mancer was miller;

He wouldnt get so worked up over rolefishing

His flavour would tell him he scans as Fire Nation, so its not a big leap of logic to assume Fire Nation are the bad guys. His consistent pressure on Rein under that basis is unfounded.

His vote based on Borons claim, especially the part where he says Gyatso being a fake suggests that Roku could also be a fake, relies on poor logic. And thats all Ill say about it.

If Kay was scum, she would have to know the argument against lynching him would go south. Therefore, Im not a fan of the wagon, would bet theres an opportunistic scum on it.

I dont know how much I should read into Psychs attitude, but hes certainly got some splaining to do re:

The upshot of Eliesons claim is that we know a likely scum roleblocker does not want Slayer dead, or at least wants him to look suspicious. I'd rather leave him alone for now, since he helps whoever's doing better.

It's because I'm a Miller that I'm reacting to "Fire Nation" and am assuming that Fire players would scan as aligned to Fire Nation no matter what (I'm a Miller so this assumption still holds for me).

Those different font types are hard to read.

If Psych doesn't respond by the morning, I'm going to move my vote since it's not doing anything at the moment.

I don't like how eclipse is talking about veiled threats when there's none to be seen, but I think that FTP is generally scummy for D1 role grasping and general unhelpfulness.

If Psych doesn't respond by the morning, I'm going to move my vote since it's not doing anything at the moment.

I don't like how eclipse is talking about veiled threats when there's none to be seen, but I think that FTP is generally scummy for D1 role grasping and general unhelpfulness.

What role grasping? Me saying I didn't believe there wasn't anything more to your role? And how am I unhelpful? You've been less helpful than me, pushing my lynch without even backing up your arguments.

Mancer, if you haven't noticed, I said one thing about not believing your reveal, then I was informed that things are different on this forum. You are grasping for ways to get me lynched, as there were people who could be called more unhelpful than me on D1.

FoS: Mancer

Quite frankly, I'm starting to doubt your claim. A townie shouldn't be pushing so hard to get one person lynched on absolutely no evidence and the reasons are flimsy at best. You have been pushing for my lynch for last two days without backing up your claims, and you've been even more unhelpful than you claim I was by tunneling.

3 votes on ED2 doesn't seem like that much cause for concern.

That's fair enough, I guess, but I still think your suggestion was really scummy and haven't really seen much that convinces me otherwise.

Psych still hasn't shown up and it looks like he has the most votes right now. Wouldn't complain about lynching him, but I'll keep my vote where it is for now.

I don't even see why me calling out the Fire Nation as mafia could possibly be considered a huge revelation to anyone anyway. Not only was it pretty obvious because of flavor it was all but confirmed when Mancer claimed Miller Zuko.

Actually, I was rereading, and I realized that the existence of the Miller would tell the mafia that there is definitely a Cop, meaning when Shinori made the claim, he was probably expecting to get CCed. In that case I actually don't think Kay would switch away from Shinori, since she would be expecting a Cop CC anyways. So yeah, changing my mind here.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Baldrick

I dunno, I didn't really like Kiryn's one post and don't really like Baldrick's post here. Why does Mancer being Miller prevent him from doing any of those things? I admit that Mancer went overboard a bit with attacking rolefishing, but he misrepresents Mancer's vote with his second point. Also, yeah, Psych saying that was weird, but why was it a scummy thing to say? He just says he agrees with the Psych wagon but doesn't say why and his point against FTP and most of everything he said was not very original (though I guess it's difficult to be original after subbing in).

Also, I think people are reading too much into Elie being blocked. Scum have a Hooker and there weren't any other outed PRs. Why not hook Elie and prevent him from proving his role and becoming somewhat confirmed town? I don't think it has to mean that mafia wanted to keep Slayer specifically alive.

A reread of dead!nori makes me feel better about Slayer/whoever being legit ITP, and worse about SB. Details in a few hrs

Thoughts as to why really quick? Shinori's questionairre to Slayer made me think that he was looking to build a tiny alliance, but didnt know what he was (obviously) so he wanted to build a track record in case things got public. Sure it's spec but it's a legit reason (other than what shinori gave us which was crap anyway). A Jan'd kill alone implies no alternative hostilities (so far anyway) so it could've been a way...well read what I just said.

Also the more I think about it, the more I feel like this psych lynch isn't a good lynch. One, we aren't learning anything with him being afk, and two, he's being strange and oblivious but I don't really find that scummy, just not really all that town.

##Unvote

Now someone I could get behind as an alternative however, is blitz. His incessant tunnel vision on boron (who was already under fire from like 4 different people) was pretty bad IMO, because that's all he's really said for the majority of his posts. A few quips here and there and boron tunnel for just about the rest of the time. I don't like it. and where's your predictions on the Scumteam, don't wanna share what you already know?

##Vote Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch hahaha

Hold on, I never said that Psych is only third party. Lemme quote exactly what I said.

"6. Psych is just... weird. I'm thinking possible third party, maybe scum?"

There is no certainty about which he is, but I don't feel he's town. I don't think he's town, but I don't know which of ITP or maf because he hasn't posted more today, and D1 posts don't really help decide.

The point is it seemed like you were more sure about him being third over scum from the way you wrote it. Mafia don't want to scumhunt, but they want hostile thirds dead before they end up killing one of their own.

Again, I didn't say that. What I said is "2. What's the big deal with Eclipse claiming she knows who the alignment cop is and doesn't want to out him?" I never found it odd that Eclipse isn't outing the cop, I'm asking why people were making it a big deal. Completely different.

I guess you might've meant it that way, but it read kind of differently to me. Sorry for misrepping you.

What was the harm in voting for an ITP when I didn't see a good alternative yet? There wasn't a hammer and the day wasn't ending soon, so does it really matter where I put a vote? And I believe Mancer's claim of Zuko/Miller, so regardless of how he's playing, that first part stands (besides that I've been informed that this is how he usually plays).

Because it's not actually pushing your scumread. It's just a hollow vote that doesn't go anywhere, and isn't doing anything to help town out. Pushing scumreads is a lot better when you're voting them too. How was your Slayer vote helping town in any way?

Also apparently he doesn't only have two scumreads. He has one.

Baldrick's opening post doesn't give me good vibes on him, as the only thing he really says is that he finds Mancer suspicious, and that Psych needs to explain himself better. The latter isn't a read, and it's just echoing what a lot of people have been saying about him.

I'll likely be gone for a large chunk of tomorrow, although I'll be back for phase end.

I am only sort of here right now. I see that stuff happened overnight.

Baldrick, while I agree that Mancer's cases against Strider and me relies on poor logic and too much flavor, I don't see what being miller has to do with it. Like ... I don't see why you have to preclude it with "if Mancer was miller".

FtP, I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I think it's odd you mention that Psych might be an ITP is because I don't feel it should matter. You say that you're voting Psych because you think he's anti-town, and by all means vote for him if you think that. But whether Psych is scum or hostile third party is really only important after he flips, so we can better analyze his interactions. Before a flip, it's mostly useless speculation and a matter of lynching who you think is a threat to town regardless of whether they're scum or hostile third.

In addition to your vote on Slayer in D1, even if it was explained as a "placeholder vote" until you found a better alternative, it comes off a bit as if you're hunting thirds instead of scum.

Blitz, what are your scum reads? You voted Marth for "being a slacker" and not making a post and explained why you think the Kay and Psych wagons are bad, but who do you think is scum?

##Unvote

##Vote: Blitz

Wtf

##Unvote

##Vote Cap'n Flint

I don't even have justification for that incrediderp.

I totally had thought that was intentional and Blitzy had just picked up a new nickname.

Also apparently he doesn't only have two scumreads. He has one.

Who is this referring to?

Also wow so much of the Psych wagon is supposedly pressure votes. Everybody doing this should really clarify whether they actually would want Psych lynched assuming he doesn't post again, and if not, who they'd switch to as a secondary lynch choice. In fact voteparking scum should probably give a secondary lynch choice anyway. But yeah this looks pretty bad IMO because Psych has more than enough incentive to post.

##Unvote (Boron)

##Vote: Baldrick at least until he clears up the stuff I already yelled at him for because Boron is doing more townish things than him now.

SB, there was no intention of it sounding like I feel he's more likely to be TPI, because I don't. I feel both are equally likely. So just because I stated "TPI or maybe maf" means I think it's more likely that he's TPI?

Also, I don't believe I had any solid scumreads when I voted Slayer (although I may be misremembering the time I voted, I'll need to look back and check later). So my vote helped the town by being one more vote on an admitted non-town member while I waited to see if a better option turned up.

First, I fail at spelling. From the quote I previously linked (bold mine):

Also, I have a null read on Kay, and am still looking at other people as I haven't really examined the thread yet today. It isn't that I don't think other people might be scum, it's that I haven't had the time to look in-depth at these people. And on that note, I find you twisting what I said to be somewhat scummy, as town should never be changing the meaning of words. You will be one of the people I look back at.

That last sentence wasn't necessary; the previous sentence covers your sentiment. To me, it came across as, "I'm going to use this later to push a case on you," which is something that I feel shouldn't have to be said explicitly (this is day talk, mostly everything is fair game).

Reading some of the Psych votes, particularly FTP's and Grassbridger's, Kay is right. Neither of them even really say that they think Psych is bad, just that they want him to post more. So yeah, I think they should answer what Kay asked them. FTP's vote is still there IIRC. Him using it as a pressure vote in this case is kind of weird because of how hesitant he was of voting anyone for pressure earlier. Why are you okay with using your vote for those purposes now if you weren't earlier?

Elie, you aren't only grasping to get fake dirt on me, you are also making stuff up

Now someone I could get behind as an alternative however, is blitz. His incessant tunnel vision on boron (who was already under fire from like 4 different people) was pretty bad IMO, because that's all he's really said for the majority of his posts. A few quips here and there and boron tunnel for just about the rest of the time. I don't like it. and where's your predictions on the Scumteam, don't wanna share what you already know?

##Vote Cap'n Crunch

the part in italics mainly to be noted shows that you saying there were people discrediting Boron at that point, care to quote them, cause I don't see them

at the end of the phase, there were only 3 people who had even placed a vote on Boron on of which was me who didn't change his vote

the other two were Mancer (who we all know of) and a ED1 vote placed by Strege

I think revealing our elements would be very telling about roles, which could be good or bad. However cleverly they might be associated, some roles just don't have similar characters in certain elements, especially wind and earth.

##Vote Sangyul because reading that name makes me dizzy.

which seems more like a random vote than anything else

therefore, I must say, Elie, you are by far the scummiest player around and I dare you to prove your role tonight. Also, if you fail to use your role or use it on one of the players I think is more likely town, like Psych, Mancer or Kay

you will deserve to be lynched the next day and if I am alive, I will make sure you get lynched. As for the chances of your role failing, I will use my role to make sure it can't be blocked

As for my reads, I find you very scummy and I also find Boron scummy. I think Marth is more of a slacker than scummy, but not saying he is not scummy. I also dislike something very odd about Strege, he turns into a pro every now and then and soon as someone says somethng against him, he turns into a noob asking questions. Therefore, people I would like lynched are Strege, Boron or Marth (and obviouly you, but will wait for the next phase)

as for the FtP thing, I think he is slightly scummy, but I think he is more not coped up here than scum and that people are taking advantage of that to get him lynched, so would prefer not lynching him, but wouldn't be completely against it too (considering lynching people like Psych or Kay that is)

Blitz, what are your scum reads? You voted Marth for "being a slacker" and not making a post and explained why you think the Kay and Psych wagons are bad, but who do you think is scum?

##Unvote

##Vote: Blitz

this post of yours is clearly trying to discredit me for saying you are scummy. My points about me calling Marth a slacker stands just as firm as it did last time because his reads on the two people he called scummy, I consider to be very likely town and in other words, he is still being a slacker. Since I defended those exact two people, isn't it obvious I think Marth is still a slacker and scummy (like I said, not as much as I find Boron, Strege or Elie)?
so, Boron, you are seeming more scummy now than I thought before

As for the chances of your role failing, I will use my role to make sure it can't be blocked

Explain yourself. NOW. Or today's lynch will be between you and me.