RTU discussion thread

Randa

Lon'qu has mixed views. It does mostly come from personal preferences than gameplay most of the time.

The 7 I gave him was pretty generous, but at the end of the day. Lon'qu is just an alright unit.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite, even by (borderline) LTC standards he deserves higher than a 6/10, his speed tier is insanely high and his mega avoid can make him nigh invincible, a a support with Vaike or Panne easily substitutes for his damage flaws and once he gets Astra he can become a killing machine. It's not hard to get him to level 10 either before chapter 13, hell I generally get him to level 12-15.

I find that his offense will eventually take a nose dive, along with his durability. Actually, I should put some numbers in my rating. 20 HP for a melee unit is pretty bad at that point in time!

I did not he will be tommorow. Technically you recruit sumia before turn one of chapter three which is the earliest that you can recruit Kellam so.

So on the person who gavem sumia a one how does she have bad bases and need excessive grinding. I mean she's not donnel.

I gave her a 2/10, 1/10 was just with bias! I don't think ALL Sumia's bases are bad, just her strength and defense, which I value a lot when determining a unit's ranking. I agreed that she has good mobility and such. Yes, she's not Donnel, and I agree she doesn't require quite as much work as he does. Although to be honest, I've only done 1 run with Donnel usage, so I'm not going to comment about him on today's RTU thread >,<

It doesn't look like people are aware that only three of their bias points actually count. Maybe you should lift that restriction.

Welp, I certainly didn't but I'm not one for reading rules carefully. Mind you most of my favourite units have already passed, but I'm sure most people haven't noticed either.

Yeah I got called out for it. I was looking for some way to minimize the impact of bias, because of everybody was very opposed to it.

So many people wanted it to be removed on day zero so I was looking for a way to keep the system in place while making it more appealing. The end result being the two rating system that I have now.

I noticed a few people were upset about my post regarding Donnel.

I'm aware that the statement regarding Donnel being too good endgame is bias. This is why it isn't in the formatted section of the post. I believe I did say a similar thing about avatar, and it didn't alter my score from being 10. It was worded a little better though.

Either way, I'm sorry if that came out wrong. I tried to make it clear that my 0 rating was because even recruiting him is a pretty big detriment.

I've seen a lot of different kinds of ratings on Ricken in the RTU. Considering we've had everything between 1s and 8s, I think we should probably detail our reasoning more here, because hey, it's interesting to read opinions.

I'll get back to this at some point.

By the way a lot of people are saying mariebelle is best as a dark flier am I the only one who always has her as a falcon knight.

i like dark knight maribelle most, though I can see how you'd like dark flier if you have iote's shield DLC.

Maribelle's strength is too low for me to consider using her as a falcon knight. or a war cleric.

I don't bother putting the 400 experience needed into her, but I can see the potential she has as a Wyvern Rider. As a Taguel, she is pretty crap. You can ignore this fact if you want, but I chose not to.