SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I didn't think I would like it at first, but now I think 8-player smash is the best thing to be put in smash bros

I have played all the smash bros games, and I can honestly say I have never had more fun than playing it with my friends

Basically this.

8-player smash is amazing, even if it's chaotic.

though I hate Palutena's Temple and Great Cave Offensive, even if GCO is aesthetically one of my favourites.

Edited by Knight

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw unlocking customs, I'll just wait for the hack comes out (which shouldn't be long). Playing Crazy Orders fully 50 times (probably more) to unlock all customs is ridiculous. Don't get me started on the other modes.

For now, I'll just get the ones for my mains...

Edited by Knife

I've already unlocked all the customs once. If there's any layout I want to try I'll just import it from my 3DS. I imagine getting all customs is a challenge. I think I'll keep a hammer in reserve for that one.

How many custom moves are there anyway, ive had the game for two months and still haven't got all the custom moves.

Well there are fifty characters on the roster - 2 because you get Palutena and the Mii Fighter(s) automatically. Everyone has eight custom moves to unlock so 8 * 48 = 384. That also counts Mewtwo though who I assume will have unlockable custom moves. If he doesn't you can bump off another 8 bringing it down to the stiull huge number of 386.

Edited by Jotari

Buy the way why are the member titles green and red now, cos mine is red and that colour usually means a bad thing, can anyone tell me ?

Posted · Hidden by Florete, December 2, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, December 2, 2014 - No reason given

Well its not Christmas right now but its the season of it.

Yeah, probably a Christmas thing. But I'd like my name to be green. I don't like red. xP

You can change it by going to the Red and Green thread in FFtF. (You can also request a Santa Hat for your avatar in the Santa Hat thread that's how I got this amazing Santacard avvy)

I should probably say something on topic, which character has the best custom moves in your opinion? I like Megaman's personally.

Edited by Knight

You can change it by going to the Red and Green thread in FFtF. (You can also request a Santa Hat for your avatar in the Santa Hat thread that's how I got this amazing Santacard avvy)

Oh, I see. :P

I'm a big fan of Ike's Close Combat due to how much it just plain wrecks. <3

I should probably say something on topic, which character has the best custom moves in your opinion? I like Megaman's personally.

Palutenas. So much better than her defaults it isn't even funny.

Although in terms of mains, Mario's quick fire ball.

Edited by kingddd

i dont use customs tbh so i'd have to go with mii fighter's.

Kirby's Jumping Inhale, although slower in startup, gives him another recovery option to make up for the loss of Hammer's utility in Brawl.

Speaking of Mario, let's not forget the Gust Cape and its uses as a gimping tool.

Palutena also gets my vote for most improved with customs. Her default set isn't as terrible as it was initially thought out to be. It's definitely usable and she's a more viable character at the tournament level than people are giving her credit for. However, her customs are so ridiculous.

"Hey I have this move that the only way you can beat is by using Sonic's Hammer Spin Dash or Villager's Timber Tree. Don't have one of those? Too bad, I guess I'm running into you then. Did I mention that I can use half of my moveset out of this move? Did I also mention that if I use this move on the ground I can press A to get absolute invincibility frames?"

"Sup guys. I heard you guys thought Sonic ran really fast. Well as long as there's a platform that I can pass through from above, I'm able to run circles around him for the entire match. Oh, I should probably tell you that due to this move and my amazing set of aerials, I can kill you really early now from the top platform of some stages"

"Yo dudes. So you're probably aware that my Dash Attack has full body invincibility on it. So does my back air! And I can actually approach you with back air because Jump Glide is borked."

Customs have essentially turned her from a decidedly defensive character into a rushdown character that makes everyone but Little Mac jealous (and she has an air game to boot).

I'm waiting for someone to discover some kind of glitch where Heavenly Light gets so screwed up that you can move around after summoning it cause at this point it might as well be a thing.

I've actually come to like Palutenas default moveset after playing For Glory for a while.

I wouldn't swap Counter and Warp anyway. Reflect is situational, it depends on the opponent, but it's not bad to have. And Auto-Reticle is better than I initially thought, although I personally prefer Explosive Flame.

Edit: On the actual topic, my favorite custom move is Rosalina's Catch & Release. I rarely use her normal down-B. I think the move is best used in Item-battles which I don't do. The custom move let's you use her down-B offensive instead, sucking opponents in and damaging them when they touch you.

Edited by Nova

Ike's Aether Wave is just plain better than his normal Aether as far as I can see. It does everything old Aether does with an extra disjointed hit box.

It doesn't combo and isn't as much of a threat from below stage.

It doesn't hit multiple times either