SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

You DID watch the direct, right?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to. I got home by the time it was over, so I only saw the reveal trailers... I assume she does?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can beat him up to your hearts' content with Bayonetta and Cloud.

That would mean spending money on them... no thanx. I already put my thumbs down so I'll let Ninty know of my (useless and probably on the minority) opinion.

@Jotari:

I agree with you, but I still wish for Ridley, K.Rool, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, and other core Nintendo characters to finally be in ;_; siiigh.

@Ebony

Yeah, she has a Jeanne Color. They even pointed it out.

BTW: To anyone who's played Bayonetta:

What songs played in her trailer? They were beautifully jazzy.

Edited by Freyjadour

@Ebony

Yeah, she has a Jeanne Color. They even pointed it out.

BTW: To anyone who's played Bayonetta:

What songs played in her trailer? They were beautifully jazzy.

First one I believe was called Let's Hit The Climax/Begin the Climax. It's the song that plays when you're finishing off an angel.

Second one was the battle theme, Mysterous Destiny.

First one I believe was called Let's Hit The Climax/Begin the Climax. It's the song that plays when you're finishing off an angel.

Second one was the battle theme, Mysterous Destiny.

Thanks. They certainly had a feel that reminded me of Sonic Adventure. Really good.

unlike midgar's music omg

The songs you heard in the trailer are a Smash Exclusive though. They removed the vocals and replaced them with a sexy sax.

The ones in the original games have vocals!*_*

Mysterious Destiny

Tomorrow is Mine

Let's Hit the Climax!

Let's Dance Boys!

^This one will be in the game and I recommend everyone to hear it, it was one of the reasons why I decided to buy Bayonetta.

Bayonetta games have a stellar soundtrack! Rei Kondoh worked on it, therefore if you liked the omnious choirs of Awakening, you wouldn't totally mind the omnious choirs of Bayo!

Hmmm. . .jazz isn't my thing, so the soundtrack doesn't really appeal to me. Still, thanks for posting this!

I'm amused by the announcement, as well as the general reactions here. Whether I buy these characters or not depends on how much money I have when they're released.

Bowser really should be higher, he's way more powerful than people give him credit for.

I just spent the last couple of hours playing as Cloud, and honestly...he might just be my favorite newcomer. Seriously, he's awesome! His moves all flow well, and he just feels overall comfortable to use. I would honestly say he's the best newcomer so far, in my opinion anyway. I suppose I might just be on a bit of newcomer hype right now since he was just released, but I honestly doubt it.

I see what you did there.

Ohohohoho :P:

But yeah, this has been a wild ride. I assume we'll get one more balance patch after the one we just got today when Corrin and Bayo come in too.

Wow I'm literally amazed about these new characters. So glad I voted Bayonetta at the ballot and she won worldwide!!!! It's simply awesome how Bayo was introduced, so many details, the roses, the bats, the combos, pretty much all of her techniques, bullet arts, WICKED WEAVES, Madama Butterfly's shadow on the wii U, bat within, witch time, aerial attacks, her stance, Love is Blue, Scarborough Fair *takes breath*, Bayonetta 1 and 2 costumes, DA SOUNDTRACK OMG IT IS GLORIOUS (Tomorrow is Mine, Mysterious Destiny, Climax Battle, ONE OF A KIND), the Witch Clock stage, FORTITUDO dear lord, her Final Smash, Climax gauge, GOMORRAH, so much today I can't even. This just made me want to play both games again. I called years ago her being in smash along with an amiibo whee. Going to definately break my promise and come back to smash and actually get her DLC. Such a good damn job there Sakurai, thank you so much!

On the other hand, I had this sudden insight yesterday, it was about another FE character joining smash and ppl complaining about smash being too anime (lol) but I definitely expected everything other than Corrin. This reflects what Sakurai said on his interview about FE's 20th anniversary, about Smash being influenced by trending games/chars and games under development. Corrin's situation is similar to Roy's in Melee, though.

This is fucking amazing I love it so much! Bayoooooooooo

These announcements seem to coincide with the days when I'm hanging out with my friends downtown and I'm not at home. How interesting.

Let's make it three for three, and the next time I go downtown you guys will get a new character announced in Smash.

Wow I'm literally amazed about these new characters. So glad I voted Bayonetta at the ballot and she won worldwide!!!! It's simply awesome how Bayo was introduced, so many details, the roses, the bats, the combos, pretty much all of her techniques, bullet arts, WICKED WEAVES, Madama Butterfly's shadow on the wii U, bat within, witch time, aerial attacks, her stance, Love is Blue, Scarborough Fair *takes breath*, Bayonetta 1 and 2 costumes, DA SOUNDTRACK OMG IT IS GLORIOUS (Tomorrow is Mine, Mysterious Destiny, Climax Battle, ONE OF A KIND), the Witch Clock stage, FORTITUDO dear lord, her Final Smash, Climax gauge, GOMORRAH, so much today I can't even. This just made me want to play both games again. I called years ago her being in smash along with an amiibo whee. Going to definately break my promise and come back to smash and actually get her DLC. Such a good damn job there Sakurai, thank you so much!

On the other hand, I had this sudden insight yesterday, it was about another FE character joining smash and ppl complaining about smash being too anime (lol) but I definitely expected everything other than Corrin. This reflects what Sakurai said on his interview about FE's 20th anniversary, about Smash being influenced by trending games/chars and games under development. Corrin's situation is similar to Roy's in Melee, though.

This is fucking amazing I love it so much! Bayoooooooooo

Ugh yessss! I think one of my favorite parts is the stage.

It just sets the piece for the entire game. You play as this witch falling off of an endless cliff at high velocity, killing angels while a demonic looking dragon looms in the background - but that's not demonic, it's angelic, rather. And you're just zipping around the entire stage, dodging, shooting, kicking, punching, and summoning Madama Butterfly occasionally. I love Bayonetta. I'm going to adore her in Smash.

Thinking about it some more, I think FE gets all of these characters because it has such a large pool of interesting people to draw from, not because it's particularily notable or anything.

Like really, who else from Zelda could we get in a game that revolves around the reincarnations of the same 3 characters where you play as the same one in every game? Other than like Tetra I honestly don't think anyone sticks out enough, and even then she's a bit of a stretch. FE and Pokemon have such a massive cast so it makes sense that they get more characters.

I really have to applaud the effort we got with these newcomers. In the direct, Sakurai said that these three stand out with their gameplay mechanics, but I don't think they stand in isolation. Yes, they are of a higher degree; so is Ryu. But even thinking about guys like Rosalina, Robin, Little Mac and Shulk with their never before seen mechanics that helped them stand out. We've known for a while with this game that Sakurai picks characters that bring something new to the table, and in that regard he totally delivered and (I think) exceeded our collective expectations on what we thought was possible in 2013 when this train started.

I'm wondering what will happen with these DLC characters with the next game. Are they going to be lower priorities? This is going to be one of, if not the toughest, acts to follow in Nintendo's history. Sakurai even said it himself. 58 characters. 84 stages. 99 Mii costumes. 504 songs. If Sakurai steps down after this game, the poor soul who has to take it on afterwards has their work cut out for them.

Honestly, I think it'd be best to follow the Splatoon DLC model for future Smash games. Pay the big price up front and start with a "smaller" game (roughly the size of Melee) then keep updating it in batches, introducing new characters, levels and modes free over time.

(free DLC is the best and i realized that when i had to pay $10 CAD for Cloud + Midgar...)