Kirby Mafia - Game Over

Prims

F*** you all for starting the night phase while I was asleep, and for not letting me pick a role.

I think that kirsche is town because of scum giving him a hated townie, might be WIFOM but highly unlikely. I know it's been posted and I blame my timezone for not allowing me to post before them.

And now for current reads:

Town

Objection! (obv town)

kirsche - for reasons explained above

Null

BBM - nothing particularly noteworthy for me other than the fact that he's defending me with meta. There's no need to get so protective of me bro, I can handle myself. If I get lynched, it's because I played badly no biggie. I haven't found anything particularly townie or scummy from him.

Shinori - Please answer my question.

Any particular reason for it? (dropping the BBM case)

Anyone else not mentioned on this list

Mildly Scummy

CT075

did he ever actually say that he was trying to get a reaction out of somebody? If so, I'm gonna have some words for him; i thought he was just trying to get us out of RVS in an eli-style fashion?

also will vote when i get back (i'll be around for phase end unless something unexpected comes up), bbl in like an hour

i also wouldn't be against an objection lynch

money where my mouth is (if it won't happen i'll move this but otherwise i'm leaving it here; i have my phone so i can do things like that)

##vote objection

Nice work, prosecutor. I'm guilty without an accusation

Shin - Coasting and hammering me at musical chairs.

Jalmont - You seem to be convinced that scorri is scum. The reason? scorri did nothing but focusing at you. Either you can't read ISOs or you just don't care, but scorri has multiple posts for other people, namely Cam, BBM, and yours truly. Not very townie.

Kay - Town-reading weapons (a scum) for being 'normal weapons'. Normal weapons isn't very useful to town. And meta should not be a town-read.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Objection, the meta thing on Weapons was because people were scumreading him for dropping pressure votes and not saying much, so I stated that as a nullread, not a townread. I believe I explained that the townread was because of his unvote on Jalmont. So, yeah, I get that it looks bad for me to have a townread on scum but please don't twist my reasoning for it.

Objection, answer my question. Also, do you think Jalmont is scum even after Weapons flipping scum, since Weapons tried to get Jalmont lynched over himself?

Fuck sake Weapons, why would you do this to me?

I picked Shinori because I don't think he would start a wagon on a teammate and I felt that that is more concrete than the people that voted after me as I think scum are far more likely to try and consolidate a buddy for towncred than start a wagon on a buddy for towncred. WoMC would also be in the spotlight after that day, so even if one of SB/Boron/PB tried to push Jalmont harder WoMC would still likely be caught by cop or tracker or something so it might've been best to sac him for cred.

I believe I explained that the townread was because of his unvote on Jalmont.

Your reasoning for this is because it's too conspicuous to be said by scum. I.E. it's too scummy for scum to do, which is obviously ridiculous. The main issue I have with you isn't the fact that you defended weapons, it's that your defence is bad and seems kinda forced, like you're duty-bound or something.

Also I don't get why you thought Boron was scummy at all. In the post where you voted Boron, the only line which you really criticise Boron is:

What I don't like is how someone basically dismissed all his recent posts with "okay so you're telling us how NOC works and I don't think your opinions are definite enough so whatever".

I'm not really sure what this means, but Boron was definitely not the only one handwaving Jalmont's posts. Refa called it a tl;dr, so did BBM and even I was reluctant to address him directly. What makes Boron scummier than these people? FMPOV the suspicion came from nowhere.

Aside from Kay, BBM's case on Refa is good and WoMC kinda waffled about having a town read on him so by association I'd be happy to lynch him.

What's off or bizarre about my activity in this game, Shin?

You're posting more than once every three days. It's not a definite scum tell, but in the games I've seen you've posted way more as scum.

Cam's lack of punctuation posts generally bother me. Most of them are one liners, which seems like spam for spam's sake. I'm also not too sure what to make of that last weapons vote, I don't really recall Cam ever saying anything. Still, it was to lynch, but there's a chance scum could get the last vote for towncred.

i'm posting a lot so that i can artificially inflate my postcount so it's super jarring when i go back to school tomorrow and my activity plummets

i hammered weapons largely because i was around and there were 10 minutes left; and phoneposting seriously takes away my wilingness to say anything meaningful

@Kay Misread, sorry. Consider yourself null for now.

@Boron Yes. As paper stated, it's not impossible for scum to sacrifice his buddy. As for my first Jalmont vote, I don't really have a defense for it. I didn't have any scumreads at the moment so I voted for the player that I think looks worst even though I'm not convinced that he's scum. Does that make sense?

He retrospectively did, which I think is just trying to justify the counter vote. It reeks more of knee jerk than any particular planning.

Do you mind showing me where? If he did then I would seriously reconsider this lynch

ok my everything on objection rides kind on what shin says to this (#proreads)

Weapons trying to lynch jalmont over himself doesn't mean anything

It sort of does IMO because at that point, Jalmont had 4 votes and Shinori had 2. Shinori was still a plausible lynch candidate to try and gun for to get the lynch away from himself if Jalmont was also scum.

wrt to scum saccing a buddy for towncred- I think that's only if the buddy is looking irrevocably scummy. But Weapons was a main wagon due to shitty pressure votes. It would have been really easy for him to bounce back on D2. Also consider that of the people voting him, Grassbridger's vote was sort of weak and in #184, stated that Weapons wasn't a top scumread and wasn't pinging him any more than Jalmont. Paperblade, SB, and Cam all voted him for consolidation purposes, and most likely none of them would have voted for him again next phase. So only Shinori, Kirsche, me, and Boron were actually voting him for finding him scummy. And even then both Boron and I only switched for consolidation, and so might not have voted him next phase either.

By contrast, starting a wagon on a buddy is something that scum are more likely to do because it doesn't actually have to lead anywhere that phase, and can just be a way to get in an early distancing attempt for later.

Also while I called Jalmont's posts a tl;dr, I did make an attempt to skim them at least.

Would it have been that easy to bounce back? Even if only 4 of us found him scummy he'd always be under scrutiny and investigation. From the perceptive of a fellow mafioso I think that idea could be intimidating enough for them to push for consolidation, especially if they're worried that attacking Jalmont would seem lazy or something. That's how I'd view it at least. Also I don't think Shinori is the type to plan things out like that if he was WoMC's scumbuddy.

Also while I called Jalmont's posts a tl;dr, I did make an attempt to skim them at least.

I made attempts at skimming them and I'm sure Boron did too. Yesterday you said you were fine with lynching Kay for just making a pressure vote, but Kay responded to that and you never followed up and even forgot about her completely in #167. What do you think of Kay now?

Also consider that of the people voting him, Grassbridger's vote was sort of weak and in #184, stated that Weapons wasn't a top scumread and wasn't pinging him any more than Jalmont. Paperblade, SB, and Cam all voted him for consolidation purposes, and most likely none of them would have voted for him again next phase. So only Shinori, Kirsche, me, and Boron were actually voting him for finding him scummy. And even then both Boron and I only switched for consolidation, and so might not have voted him next phase either.

I just want to clarify that I did find Weapons scummy and that's why I was voting him. Yes, I found BBM and Paper more scummy, and I was reading Weapons and Jalmont about equally, but I *was* voting Weapons because I found him scummy.

Okay, well, the point is that you most likely would not have started off the day phase with a vote for Weapons.

As for Shinori not putting effort into planning- you must not have read Haphazard, where he claimed Town Fullcop and then bussed his Interceptor so that he wouldn't get lynched.

There's a difference between bussing to prove your role for towncred compared to bussing just for towncred alone. Also don't ignore this:

Yesterday you said you were fine with lynching Kay for just making a pressure vote, but Kay responded to that and you never followed up and even forgot about her completely in #167. What do you think of Kay now?

Dunno why I left her out of #167. Someone (either Grass or Objection) said something about her going from voting Jal to voting someone on Jal's wagon. I also don't really like her Boron vote because Boron never dismissed Jal's reads. She just said that he was being unnecessarily wordy and making his content out to be more than it really was, and asked him for more. Kay also says that while Jalmont actually has done a lot in his recent posts and is therefore not as high priority for a lynch, she'd still be completely okay with lynching him, and not entirely for consolidation either, as Kay had said that she still thought his theorizing could be a reasonable excuse for being dead weight as scum.

I need to reread her properly but I still think she's scummy.

Kay also says that while Jalmont actually has done a lot in his recent posts and is therefore not as high priority for a lynch, she'd still be completely okay with lynching him, and not entirely for consolidation either, as Kay had said that she still thought his theorizing could be a reasonable excuse for being dead weight as scum.

Why is this scummy again? There's nothing wrong with saying "oh this guy's behaviour is improving but he was scummy so I'm ok with lynching him" and as for the latter point, even if you think that his theorizing isn't scummy is it really scummy for someone to read intent differently?

I guess there isn't, but it reads like leaving herself open to switch back to Jalmont. Also about reading intent differently, Kay said she completely understood what Jalmont was trying to say, which is why it feels weird that she still thought it was possibly scummy. And then part of her Boron vote is basically for Boron not understanding what Jalmont was trying to say. Meh idk.

public service announcement:

i think today marks the end of my abnormally high activity levels; i have to go back to school tomorrow (classes don't start for another week but i have to deal with helping all the new students fix their dorm internet)

4iUzL.png

it was fun while it lasted

Yo Cam before you go what do you think of Kay?

Nothing really standing out to me as overly scummy, but similar to my stance on Shin (and to a lesser extent, boron) I wouldn't be opposed to lynching as a "cull the silence" last resort

i'll be rereading if you guys need me for anything else

:facepalm: Cam, you always think I'm forgettable.

Paper and Objection, while it's not impossible that Weapons would've tried to sacrifice his scum buddy over himself, the way he did it makes me lean town on Jalmont. I mean, I'll go back and do some rereading when I'm not at work, but at the time I'm not inclined to think he's scum.

I didn't like Kay's vote on me, but I think that much was obvious to everyone. It seemed as if she were trying to make it sound as if I was deliberately brushing off Jalmont's posts to continue calling him scum, painting what I was saying in a worse light, like "yes, this is definitely what she's doing" instead of acknowledging the possibility that maybe I just didn't get Jalmont. Also, if I remember correctly, there was interaction with Kay and Jalmont where she was also asking him to contribute before suddenly turning on me? I'll have to reread that.