Kirby Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty dumb because it relies on the fact that three or four people all somehow misread the OP and didn't realize that Hated works in LYLO. And Weapons took like an entire day to pick so I'm pretty sure the entire mafia would have weighed in on that by then.

As to the other parts of that argument against me- okay, I might not usually be succint, but that doesn't mean a few succint posts make me scum. There's no reason for me to suddenly change my posting style from wordy to succint just because of a different alignment.

As for my Shinori townread being waffly, maybe, but stating that I wouldn't return my vote there for at least a while would look weird if I voted him even anytime in the next two days. And it's waffly is because I believe that what he did that was townie isn't as much as what the others did that was townie, and because he was my strongest scumread on D1, so it's difficult for me to just completely set him aside.

I don't have a problem with them using meta as long as it's something I can defend myself against. Me being town and not scum doesn't make "You don't sound like town!BBM" any less frustrating than it was in Touhou.

The last statement. You do realize that I voted Weapons at the end of the day, swinging the votes in favor of a Weapons lynch instead of forcing people to switch onto Jalmont in order to get a lynch? After stating in-thread that there was a possibility I was going to sleep through the deadline? If I were scum, how easy would it be for me to "conveniently" oversleep and leave my vote on Jalmont?

Heck, I'm always logged in anonymously so you guys wouldn't even know for sure I was ever online if I never posted anywhere.

1. "If I was scum I'd do this thing instead" is an argument I mostly see used by scum.

2. People would know you were online if you logged into Skype or IRC or anything, regardless of SF, and it's entirely possible that you did something like that out of habit and then figured you had better post.

3. This assumes optimal play on your part, how do I know it didn't just not occur to you until now?

To put it more simply, yes, as mafia you could have done something probably better, but that doesn't mean your actions were that unreasonable for mafia. And I'll have to reread but I'm not sure at that point whether you'd have been able to feel confident that your vote would make that much difference, so it wouldn't be ridiculous to vote Weapons for towncred even if you had thought of that plan already.

also Grassbridger's obsession with BBM's choice of words is silly.

1. "If I was scum I'd do this thing instead" is an argument I mostly see used by scum.

2. People would know you were online if you logged into Skype or IRC or anything, regardless of SF, and it's entirely possible that you did something like that out of habit and then figured you had better post.

3. This assumes optimal play on your part, how do I know it didn't just not occur to you until now?

To put it more simply, yes, as mafia you could have done something probably better, but that doesn't mean your actions were that unreasonable for mafia. And I'll have to reread but I'm not sure at that point whether you'd have been able to feel confident that your vote would make that much difference, so it wouldn't be ridiculous to vote Weapons for towncred even if you had thought of that plan already.

also Grassbridger's obsession with BBM's choice of words is silly.

1. "If I were scum I'd do this" isn't used by only scum. It's also used by town, and it's starting to become a rather silly argument for someone being scum.

2. If I wanted to pretend I wasn't online, I simply wouldn't sign on to Skype or IRC until the day phase had already passed. I am very rarely on IRC these days and if I want to pretend I'm offline I don't sign onto Skype. I mean ... how stupid do you think I am? =/

3. You can't assume optimal play on anyone's part. Not me, not yourself, and not the other players.

Honestly Kay, you've been tunneling on me since you switched your vote onto me for "dismissing" Jalmont and I want you to answer me this. I was not the only person who was "dismissing" Jalmont, as you so put it, and kirsche pointed this out earlier. Now tell me why I am worse than everyone else who thought that Jalmont was confusing as fuck and this was scummy, such as Refa and Shin, and why I am not allowed to change my mind after sleeping off the irritation of Jalmont being Jalmont and admitting that perhaps I let my irritation blind my better judgement and that if I had to consolidate on Jalmont or Weapons then I'd rather pick Weapons.

Day 2

<Prims> wtf who deleted my post about jalmont on smogon

<Paperblade> which post

<Prims> i replied to marquis saying "agreed, jalmont is the sexiest man alive and i'd vote myself over him at any given opportunity"

<Prims> and it's gone

<Prims> fuckers

<Paperblade> huh

<Paperblade> weird

and then this happened

06JeO9g.png

Jalmont - UFO Kirby - Town Governor - Killed Night 1

The death of Smogon's Universally Agreed-Upon Sexiest Mafia Player sent the town into a state of grief. Such an overpowered UFO with a bright future ahead of him, taken so soon. Now who would they push as a counterwagon for being a total newbie???

Serious Banana Nababas, however, was too busy to ponder such questions, as he was trying to get a medal in that one really hardass part of Dungeon Dome from Kirby™ Canvas Curse for the Nintendo DS©. "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY DOES HAL PUT A BOMB BLOCK RACE IN EVERY DAMN KIRBY GAME" he yelled as he missed a jump on a ramp and had to restart the entire level. Man not even having a cute witch boss made Canvas Curse a tolerable game. Anyway it turned out somebody was waiting for SB back at the beginning of the stage and popped him with tack. "At least it wasn't Paint Panic", he murmured, as his body sunk to the depths of the long, tedious water section.

INcEGFD.jpg

Essbee - Wheel Kirby - Town Tracker - Killed Night 1

beepboopbeepboop NIGHT IS FINALLY OVER go lynch some maflords.

It is now Day 2. You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Edited by mafia sucks

1. "If I were scum I'd do this" isn't used by only scum. It's also used by town, and it's starting to become a rather silly argument for someone being scum.

2. If I wanted to pretend I wasn't online, I simply wouldn't sign on to Skype or IRC until the day phase had already passed. I am very rarely on IRC these days and if I want to pretend I'm offline I don't sign onto Skype. I mean ... how stupid do you think I am? =/

3. You can't assume optimal play on anyone's part. Not me, not yourself, and not the other players.

Honestly Kay, you've been tunneling on me since you switched your vote onto me for "dismissing" Jalmont and I want you to answer me this. I was not the only person who was "dismissing" Jalmont, as you so put it, and kirsche pointed this out earlier. Now tell me why I am worse than everyone else who thought that Jalmont was confusing as fuck and this was scummy, such as Refa and Shin, and why I am not allowed to change my mind after sleeping off the irritation of Jalmont being Jalmont and admitting that perhaps I let my irritation blind my better judgement and that if I had to consolidate on Jalmont or Weapons then I'd rather pick Weapons.

If momentarily forgetting that you're pretending to be offline makes you stupid then I have no right to be pointing fingers, so don't worry, I will most certainly never question your intelligence.

You're plenty allowed to change your mind, I just am not going to ignore your having acted scummy just because you changed your mind. And, I think I've explained that it was because of how you seemed to be misrepping him. Everyone else who thought he was confusing and scummy after he started posted reads just said something along the lines of "that was unnecessarily long and commit to your reads more kthxbai". Not trying to define his posts as nothing but an explanation of how NOC works.

Also on rereading your ISO I'm not terribly fond of how Weapons is only ever mentioned as being less scummily useless than Jalmont. This isn't an unreasonable thing to say as town also but I don't like it.

anyway just putting my vote back because daytime

##Vote: Boron

Prims, can you confirm that the mafia have no roles other than what was given to them and the nightkill?

##Vote: Kay

If momentarily forgetting that you're pretending to be offline makes you stupid then I have no right to be pointing fingers, so don't worry, I will most certainly never question your intelligence.

This isn't the sort of thing you forget when you're trying to hide your presence. Scum have a habit of thinking these sorts of things through thoroughly, almost too much, which is how they seem overly conscious a lot so if Boron was trying to make a convincing effort to act like she was busy she'd remember to stay away from those things.

Okay first of all why did two people die overnight fuck.

Second, way to take your time responding Kay.

You're plenty allowed to change your mind, I just am not going to ignore your having acted scummy just because you changed your mind. And, I think I've explained that it was because of how you seemed to be misrepping him. Everyone else who thought he was confusing and scummy after he started posted reads just said something along the lines of "that was unnecessarily long and commit to your reads more kthxbai". Not trying to define his posts as nothing but an explanation of how NOC works.

Also on rereading your ISO I'm not terribly fond of how Weapons is only ever mentioned as being less scummily useless than Jalmont. This isn't an unreasonable thing to say as town also but I don't like it.

Dude, there's no need to get so snippy with me. But seriously, if I were really trying to pretend that I was not online but logged into Skype or IRC or made a post elsewhere in SF anyway, then I have to be like incredibly stupid. I know people don't play optimally, but this is like ... common sense.

While I completely understand not letting go of someone you think is scummy the moment they do something remotely town-like, I feel like you're twisting everything I've already said to fit your case. Also, "how you seemed to be misrepping him." HOW YOU SEEMED. I've said this in Masquerade as England and I'll say it again. While misrepping on purpose is scummy, one can misrep on accident because you don't understand what the person is trying to say. And that in itself isn't scummy.

Also, your comment on what I said about Weapons is a bit unfair. I thought both Weapons and Jalmont needed to contribute at the beginning of the game, when neither were. That "Weapons is less scummily useful" Jalmont is a very taken-out-of-the-context summary of this post. Unless you're going to tell me that I'm wrong because I thought what Jalmont was doing at the time was worse than what Weapons was doing at the time, I think this was a fair enough statement at the time. (Let's also not forget who defended Weapons' not-doing-anythingness.)

Before phase end, I voted Weapons over Jalmont because after I thought on it I decided that what Jalmont was doing wasn't scummy just because I didn't understand it, and that Weapons was continuing to not contribute and hadn't contributed the ENTIRE phase, and I thought that WAS scummy.

Is my "misrep" of Jalmont the only reason you think I'm scum? Is my giving Shin macho insomniac such an untownish thing to do that it's the only role assignment you take issue with? Do you have any other reads besides me? Why are you allowed to defend Weapons and explain it off with "it was a mistake, I thought he was town" but I'm ~fucking scum~ because I misrepped Jalmont by not understanding what he was saying? I also don't like how you say stuff like, "this isn't unreasonable for town but ..." or "if you were mafia you could've done better but it doesn't make your actions unreasonable". It's like you're trying to "cover your bases", admitting that while town can also do this thing you're accusing me of you still think it's scum!me doing it.

Aside from Kay, I am also suspicious of Objection. If I recall correctly, he never actually answered me about what conclusions he had drawn from his "reaction test". Also, if he's scum then it would make sense why Shinori's action failed.

##Vote: Refa

I'll wait to hear what Objection says about why Shinori's action failed. I don't like Kay's vote on Boron. Boron also said that Jalmont should word himself more succintly. She never said that his entire post was just NOC theorizing anymore than the other people who said that Jalmont was very long-winded.

Also unless I'm mistaken, one of me/Boron/Cam is guaranteed scum because none of the public roles can cause a second nightkill. I'm thinking it's Cam.

Scumteam = Kay/Refa/Cam. Game cracked open?

Kay's attack on Boron seems a little more personal than actually game related, so mean! A lot of her reasoning is about ridiculous silly meta. It seems ridiculous for anyone to go to those lengths, and just as ridiculous that someone would suggest that.

Regarding the double death, we might want to ask Mr Paper about his shooting, I'm guessing if it was him, he would have shot Jalmont.

Again, BBM is making a lot of sense. Refa is showing a degree of distance from a lot of the game, not really getting his feet wet. Although BBM's scumteam doesn't really work unless da colonel's doing some sort of double bluff with Kay.

Your reasoning is nearly as bad as your manners. The tunnelling on Boron looks really bad, and your switch from Jalmont, who you didn't like then sorta agreed with is a rather remarkable change of opinion.