Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

Because at the time I was concerned that the way he plays would throw people off and make us waste time. If you wanna lynch him, fine, w/e, I'm still kinda paranoid he might actually be scum and I did this for nothing, but I personally don't agree that what he was doing was scummy in itself.

weapons is kinda lurking now I've noticed and it's Bothering me

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(in the past I've used the way Psych normally plays as an excuse to get him lynched as scum, I actually did it in SFMM3 and it can be easy sometimes)

As of #362, I'm continuing to be more than happy with lynching Bear. Get content pls.

Euklyd's vote on Paperblade is really bad. It's not actually a scumread, it's "why is massclaiming a good idea?" and comes after he was told to put down a vote (and also suggests he didn't read what was just going on properly) and his content up to there is mostly "I don't understand Weapons/other person" (mostly weapons though) and he did express concerns with Manix and a few other people earlier iirc anyway so his Paper vote just feels like filler to me.

Don't like Refa's defense of Boron in #406, he seems pretty sure that she's townie just because he hasn't gotten scumvibes from his earlier posts, but hasn't said why her play has been townie, that's more null than anything else. His response to scorri is pretty much "other people are doing it too!" at one point, which is like he's trying to spread the blame to other people.

#408 by Euk again is pretty bad, it's saying "hey do you think OMGUSing counts in RVS" which reads to me like he's really self concious about what other people think of him.

Bear's #412 is just telling people to vote when he's had no solid content in pretty much forever. He continues to do literally nothing.

Don't like Polyduce's "day 1 is hard" excuse, coasting is bad.

i have to take teddy out on a walk, at #435, may have to do homework after i come back. Will return for phase end though.

Lol you can tell I'm on a PC and not on my phone now rite? I'm trying to multiquote up the ying yang because I'm working doubles for the next 5 days straight, and very likely will be returning to phonebound-ness after I wake up in the am.

Manix, the tl;dr version: Even though he has a few statements in which I agree on, the primary reason why I quoted his posts instead of saying things myself is well, because my feelings were pretty much summed up in ways that Manix did state. In general, he seems pretty forgettable. Re-reading his ISO presents me with a couple-post case on Refa (which I agree with), various Anti-Viata posts (that more or less imply a mild scumread at best, from Manix's POV), a few weak scumreads that seem based out of Paranoia more than anything else, and lots of "meh" posts overall. Geez filtering through his spam is tedious. I'd put him at a (Elieson's Scale of 0-100% likely to be scum Scumeter™) around a 60%, due to having so much filler, and such a focused case on Refa without so much as a real [read: approaching half-solid] secondary scumread to fall back on. Maybe it's Viata in his #2 slot? He seems like he's just irked by Viata overall, and isn't really pushing a scum case on him.

Yea, now that I focused on Manix (and read him in Context), he's just forgettable so far, with his few notable comments being on the ever-popular Refa situation, and a few other things here and there that scream Minimal-commital.

P.Edit: To the Shinori point..I know. It's pretty much be holding past games over his head (see Drafters for one...whateverthefuq game where he won our scumteam the victory in another due to his ranting). I've seen him do it in more memorable ways as non-town than as town, so I have my suspicions due to that.

can I get a tl;dr of the tl;dr?

GOD DAMN IT. I had a big ass post here and it got deleted Fucking hell. This post is gonna be a lot shorter than my previous one was cause I don't feel like doing all that shit again.

Still think weapons is scum, he hasn't really done anything to change my mind.

Leaning more of a scum read on SB because the messed up claim seems too good. I feel that if there had been an actual mod error of that level it should be stated. However if SB is lying about the mistake then obviously bbm can't say anything about it, however I am more or less town reading Levy.

OH YEAH ALSO. ALSO.

SB claimed he was just a "Town hooker"

Levy claimed 3 shot hooker.

I'M ASSUMING that if the claim was actually botched and there were a mistake that sb most likely got sent LEVITY'S ROLE. But he never said anything about it only having three shots. He just said town hooker. It's pretty normal for mafia and town to both have hookers, there is nothing special there and I believe that's more or less what we have now. So i defintely feel like we should lynch SB.

##Unvote:

##Vote: SB

Also with other reads, I'm gonna avoid stating town reads but the other scum reads I have are:

Still don't really like Wallcrab, also I've got like the most giant ever scum read on Scorri after I did catching up and then read her ISO.

I'll probably go into detail about it in my next post before phase ends.

I read from 401-now and instead of wall

I'd lynch Grass or eclipse or Boron or really any of those horrible kinds of people who have large chunks of text.

Paper sounds really sure Refa is town. If Refa flips town, that's scummy.

Grass looks better in his defense since it feels like he feels more in the right.

Refa on the other hand makes points on the cases, but the defense is mostly alignment independent playstyle defense, so the other scummy stuff stands (reaction to massclaim, that first post sounding scummy, something else).

Also why is that still being discussed.

LW looks like town trying to contribute.

Psych sounds more like town Psych pretending to scum Psych pretending to be town Psych.

IIRC scorri always does votals as scum.

I think Kay, scorri, Grass, eclipse, Boron, and SO (bastard modding) are also acceptable lynches today. 10/7?

Boron reading the role mixup as null gives me scumvibes but Manix attempting to discredit Shinori also read as scummy to me so eeehh.

Terrific. Now you get to explain why, and I get to go to work for the next hour and a half or so.

Weapons: Are you claiming I'm scum simply because I did votals? I've done votals as town before. I'd go back further, but it's been a while since I've been town and effort. The point is that saying I'm scum just cause I did votals is real dumb.

Shinori: Why the scum read on me?

For the record, I went on the SB wagon because I thought the three hook claims were odd and SB was the closest to lynch as well as looking suspicious. I was on the wagon. Now why would I have jumped on a wagon as scum that someone else would have jumped on when we have a role that can tell how many scum are on the wagon? Better to stay off and stick with the vote I had than jump on the wagon that was likely going to be tested.

As for scum reads, Euklyd is still pinging me oddly. He went from saying that he was voting Manix even though SB had subbed in because new actions don't change previous scummy actions to saying that even though Manix was scummy, he didn't want to vote SB anymore.

Uhm, besides that, I'm not really sure? I'd still be ok with an SB lynch I guess, but beyond that I don't really know.

##Vote:Euklyd for now I guess.

SB claimed he was just a "Town hooker"

Levy claimed 3 shot hooker.

I'M ASSUMING that if the claim was actually botched and there were a mistake that sb most likely got sent LEVITY'S ROLE. But he never said anything about it only having three shots. He just said town hooker. It's pretty normal for mafia and town to both have hookers, there is nothing special there and I believe that's more or less what we have now. So i defintely feel like we should lynch SB.

##Unvote:

##Vote: SB

I don't buy this logic; by my understanding it's pretty normal for claims to hide their number of shots, isn't it? and like someone (I forget who) said, 3-shot is practically unlimited (for town), so no need to be specific for SB.

I think BBM would also avoid commenting on potential error either way, since to confirm the error would be to confirm the presence of a hooker.

More post about more people coming later, either in the next 40 minutes or around an hour before phase end.

Paper: What, you mean my read on Euklyd that I've had for the whole game basically, or my read on SB/Manix that I've slowly been picking up? I'm not sure about Refa. People's arguments against my argument have been decent and have caused me to doubt myself. That's the only read I've really switched at all. How's that inconsistent? Things that have happened in thread have caused me to start to reevaluate. Is that not allowed now?

Kind of disorientated atm, doing my best to catch up

Shinori: if BBM stated that the error DID happen, it would essentially modconfirm me as town. This way minimizes the damages. And like I said, I didn't know anything except I was the town hooker, I don't know what the flavor was or any of the modifiers.

"WoMC vote is dumb" Refa essentially voted weapons because he saw that he was coasting by on a flimsy vote which had pisspoor reasoning, being an ED1 vote and all. I don't see why that's a bad reason to vote, hell I did that in masquerade.

You were scum in Masquerade. This doesn't help him.

Bear finally provided content in #447. Too bad it was only a paragraph on Grassbridger, with no other reads at all, which is pretty bad at this stage.

Don't like this post by Elie, he pretty much says "I agree with Manix on stuff but he doesn't have a solid second scumread" even though he has scumreads, you just don't seem to think they're good enough for some reason. Manix deathtunnels kind of a lot, and do you really think Manix didn't stand out after he called out Shinori when a lot of other people were just saying that he was probably town by default? He's also usually pretty paranoid (how is this a scumtell btw), a lot of the stuff you have against him is just typical Manix play.

Eli is reading into Refa's post the wrong way imo, and you say that Refa should have learned not to ask questions like that, but shouldn't this especially apply if he's scum trying to blend in? He would typically be more self-conscious than a scum Refa would be, so your case kind of falls apart here. Still don't like Refa but I think this is really bad.

Polydeuces thoughts post was pretty bad. It was short and has virtually no reasoning behind it. iirc he posted in the mafia hq a little while back asking to host (or it read like it) so I would assume that he isn't new (the eclipse thing is the worst part imo, he says it's hard to read her, which should equate to null, not ITP.

For what it's worth regarding Paperblade suggesting the massclaim thing, he said to me after Touhou he wanted to do it at some point.

Continuing now, just posting shit so that people don't have to digest it all at once near deadline.

As of #362, I'm continuing to be more than happy with lynching Bear. Get content pls.

Euklyd's vote on Paperblade is really bad. It's not actually a scumread, it's "why is massclaiming a good idea?" and comes after he was told to put down a vote (and also suggests he didn't read what was just going on properly) and his content up to there is mostly "I don't understand Weapons/other person" (mostly weapons though) and he did express concerns with Manix and a few other people earlier iirc anyway so his Paper vote just feels like filler to me.

Conceded. Mostly I wanted an answer and there was maybe a bit of forgetfulness involved. But yes it wasn't exactly a strong vote.

#408 by Euk again is pretty bad, it's saying "hey do you think OMGUSing counts in RVS" which reads to me like he's really self concious about what other people think of him.

If you look at it in context, the post before that one, #407, is me telling Refa that yes it was OMGUS, and then I was wondering (because I honestly didn't know) if there was any reason for an RVS OMGUS to not be considered an OMGUS.

As for scum reads, Euklyd is still pinging me oddly. He went from saying that he was voting Manix even though SB had subbed in because new actions don't change previous scummy actions to saying that even though Manix was scummy, he didn't want to vote SB anymore.

Uhm, besides that, I'm not really sure? I'd still be ok with an SB lynch I guess, but beyond that I don't really know.

##Vote:Euklyd for now I guess.

Okay cool, I'm getting a real (non-RVS) vote, I feel so special.

Seriously though, I don't see how my unvoting is particularly more scummy than, say, other people unvoting. I guess you could say I was jumping on the 'unvoting bandwagon'.

I did say I was unvoting while reconsidering my read.

This leads me into my next point.

After reconsidering, I'm not seeing enough to clear SB of my earlier scumread on Manix, although it's not quite as strong as it was with Manix's posts. So I'm cool with an SB lynch, but it's not a priority for me.

PEdit: scorri what do you mean you've had a read on me the entire game? You mentioned it in #349 (and in your first post, but /RVS). Since then you've mentioned me offhandedly (agreeing with my explanation of why my first vote was an OMGUS) and questioned me (very neutrally, at least in my eyes), but you haven't actually said you had a scumread on me.

Huh I spent way longer on this than I planned to, I need to catch another bus soon, but I have a bit more time, and I should be online slightly before Phase End.