[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

That first match was really good, Fruit. However, I wasn't really focusing in the second match (watching a podcast at the same time), so I didn't see the Air Balloon you put on Aegislash (otherwise, I would have used Shadow Claw first). Hurray for excuses, and all that, but seriously, I'll give you another match later, if you want one.

Code: HT9W-WWWW-WWW3-FPPZ

If you think just putting a Balloon on Aegislash gives you what you need to beat my team, then you're underestimating me.

Edit: I though you were Nobody, Fruity. I'm terrible with names.

Haha, yeah, GG~

Well, actually, there were two things that helped in the the second match:

1) I knew your Rotom had a Lum berry on it, so instead of going for Spore, I went straight for Stealth Rock.

And 2) the Balloon on Aegislash let me set up at least one Swords Dance, which, I believe, would've still been enough to allow Aegislash to take out the remainder of Excadrill's HP, preventing you from removing my hazards.

I'm not underestimating, but rather using the knowledge I had of your team to make my team somewhat at an advantage.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yeah, GG~

Well, actually, there were two things that helped in the the second match:

1) I knew your Rotom had a Lum berry on it, so instead of going for Spore, I went straight for Stealth Rock.

And 2) the Balloon on Aegislash let me set up at least one Swords Dance, which, I believe, would've still been enough to allow Aegislash to take out the remainder of Excadrill's HP, preventing you from removing my hazards.

I'm not underestimating, but rather using the knowledge I had of your team to make my team somewhat at an advantage.

Your Aegislash got a critical with Shadow Sneak last time, so I wouldn't be too certain it'd get a OHKO. That said, I'm surprised it did so little damage to Ampharos, even with +2 on its attack. It makes me think Aegislash really is overhyped. Overall, your Azumarill was a bigger threat. And don't worry, I've got a whole lot more with me that can put an end to Smeargle.

Edited by Shuuda

GG Sylphid, that was a great match! Man, that prediction of using Bug Buzz instead of Sticky Web left my Espeon destroyed! Luckily it lived at having 2 hp left :)

Here is the replay if anybody wants to watch: FSZG-WWWW-WWW3-Y3NT

Well Espeon is somewhat easy to predict, thanks to team preview.

I felt annoyed with myself for forgetting that Rotom-W is faster than my pokemon...

And I could have (probably) finish it with Extremespeed too...

there is one particular set of Aegislash that seems to be very under the radar, despite the fact that Aegislash seems to be an obvious choice for that kind of set

I think one of the reason why this set is not more common is because of the whole "IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ON AEGISLASH" thing, or the new toy factor

GG Sylphid, that was a great match! Man, that prediction of using Bug Buzz instead of Sticky Web left my Espeon destroyed! Luckily it lived at having 2 hp left :)

Here is the replay if anybody wants to watch: FSZG-WWWW-WWW3-Y3NT

Nice battle. Was that a Scarf Rotom you were using there?

Could anybody tell me how to use that number to watch the match?

You have to be connected to wifi first, then you have to into the VS Recorder, and you should see a bar with the words (search by code) at the bottom, press that and put in the code.

there is one particular set of Aegislash that seems to be very under the radar, despite the fact that Aegislash seems to be an obvious choice for that kind of set

I think one of the reason why this set is not more common is because of the whole "IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ON AEGISLASH" thing, or the new toy factor

What set might that be? The one I use on offensive teams is

Aegislash (F) @ Spooky Plate

Ability: Stance Change

EVs: 168 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SAtk / 4 SDef / 80 Spd

Quiet Nature

- King's Shield

- Shadow Ball

- Shadow Sneak

- Sacred Sword

168 HP EVs give a max HP that is one less than a multiple of 16; 40 Atk EVs give a non-crit OHKO on 252 HP Tyranitar 93.25% of the time after SR; 216 SAtk EVs get you the bonus point; 4 SDef EVs ensure Genesect's Download boosts its Atk; and 80- Spd EVs outspeed Jellicent by two points at L100.

Edited by Miikaya

What set might that be? The one I use on offensive teams is

.....Choiced Aegislash. Can't believe I forgot to write the actual set

Lets check what makes Choiced pokemon good

1. The ability to switch in multiple time

2. Can hit hard and fast, but when needed, can take a hit fairly well, and hit hard in return. Furthermore, a nice coverage to hit stuff with

3. Generally the move formation is 1 - 2 + 3 - 4 where-as 1 + 2 is STAB, 3 is the utility move, and 4 is the coverage move

4. If they are the kind that is Slow, a priority move would be preferable

5. Late Game Sweep once the resistor on one of its move is gone(see: Terrakion spamming CC after Gliscor is gone)

With all that said, lets see. Aegislash has massive bulk and nice typing, so it definitely can switch in several times. Its NOT fast, but its bulky and hits extremely hard(150 ATK). It have Shadow Sneak for priority. Aegislash only missed the last criteria

Using the 1-2 3-4 formation, the moveset would be either:

Specs Aegislash

- Shadow Ball

- Sacred Sword

- Flash Cannon(?)

- Head Smash(?)

Head Smash is for Volcarona or random switch in from Rock Weak pokemon. Can be replaced with Hidden Power, or even Shadow Sneak coming off 150 attack, which is nice for some RK utility.

Not sure about spread, but i'm using Max HP and Max SpA ATM

or

Band Aegislash

- Shadow Claw

- Sacred Sword

- Shadow Sneak

- Head Smash

Advantage over specs set: Stronger Shadow Sneak. Sadly thats where it ends. I have not tried this one, tbh.

It seems stupid considering that one of Aegislash main gimmick are King's Shield(which is now pretty predictable) and being a 700 BST pokemon, but Specs Slash are doing really well in my experience

I really liked your set BTW, forgoing SD for Shadow Ball seems to be pretty useful for Gliscor switch in. I must try it sometimes, but I've been busy running my low Tier Stall team

Lets check what makes Choiced pokemon good

1. The ability to switch in multiple time

2. Can hit hard and fast, but when needed, can take a hit fairly well, and hit hard in return. Furthermore, a nice coverage to hit stuff with

wait what

these have never been properties of choiced pokemon ever since choice band was introduced

seems to me that you'd just be better off dumping 36 atk EVs into spatk for more damage on shadow ball.

I suppose you're right. With 0 Atk EVs, Aegislash still has a 75% chance of a non-crit OHKO on Tyranitar after SR.

.....Choiced Aegislash. Can't believe I forgot to write the actual set

lol, I totally didn't know that Aegislash learned Shadow Claw. All the more reason to avoid Swords Dance.

wait what

these have never been properties of choiced pokemon ever since choice band was introduced

I;m pretty sure most of the common OU Choice user actually is like that

Scizor, Flygon, Terrakion, Salamence, Garchomp, and Rotom-W are all something that is able to switch in multiple times, can hit quickly through priority, speed(Flygon) or scout, and they can take hit when they need to because they are not ridiculously fragile

Choiced Edge Aerodactyl can't take hit, but i'm pretty sure that being immune to spikes and SS is something that gives multiple switch in

Edited by Eradicator Boner

scizor, flygon, and rotom-w all spam u-turn and volt switch

and look, you list pokemon that perform adequately defensively despite choice items, not because of it. they have no capability to take hits after forgoing recovery and defensive investment.

and look, you list pokemon that perform adequately defensively despite choice items, not because of it. they have no capability to take hits after forgoing recovery and defensive investment.

They can at least take 1 - 2 hits in a risky switch in.

And I am listing pokemon that "perform adequately defensively despite choice items", because.... that's kind of the point of the set