Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

Kay, I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your first sentence in response to my comment on you -- do you mean that your playing time is limited? At any rate, what wagon are you talking about regarding him? If he bugs you more than bear, why don't you have more to say about him? The same goes for SB actually, since he's tied for your top scumread and you've only talked about his possible contradictions regarding BBM.

Maybe I'm not quite sure what you meant. I wasn't entirely sure if you were complaining about me having not commented on something in my post, or reading the thread without posting later in the day. I assumed the latter, and was annoyed by this because I was going to post but things happened irl and I didn't have time after all. And, well, everyone's playing time is limited, it's just a matter of how much.

What wagon am I talking about regarding who? Eli jumping on an easy wagon? I was referring to bearclaw. And, that's because Bear did a lot of stuff that was crazy but I think it could just be noobtown. I said the things that were suspicious about the others, if you think my suspicions aren't strong enough or don't have enough basis, you should be more specific instead of just saying I haven't said enough.

I don't really agree. If people wanted an easy wagon they'd go for bear like everyone else. I'm not convinced Strege is so clueless that he'd be so lacking in conviction.

Not necessarily. Scum ideally won't end up voting for the lynch target if it's a townie, they'll wanna be on a secondary wagon so they won't be blamed for mislynches.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I'm back to procrastinate some more

I couldn't agree with him on any of the points attacking Boron
This doesn't make him scum.
I don't like his arguments to begin with
I'm going to ask you the same question that I asked Shinori: What is it exactly that you don't like?
Bearclaw's long post list is about 10x (this is an exaggeration) longer than it should be, posting about inactives is unneeded

Is this a scummy thing? Is this a townie thing? If neither then what is the point of mentioning this over the actual reads he presents?

And by now I think I'll end it here since the rest don't look so important.

With this you are handwaving all of PB v Boron, all of Me v Strege, all of Elie v the world and most of Proto v the world ("not many reads" is not satsifactory). Proto is also guilty of a small discussion variety, though new stuff v PB is a start, even if I disagree with the conclusion.

Not necessarily. Scum ideally won't end up voting for the lynch target if it's a townie, they'll wanna be on a secondary wagon so they won't be blamed for mislynches.

Maybe. I still think many of the people voting bear are just being too lazy/blinkered to look elsewhere though.

With this you are handwaving all of PB v Boron, all of Me v Strege, all of Elie v the world and most of Proto v the world ("not many reads" is not satsifactory). Proto is also guilty of a small discussion variety, though new stuff v PB is a start, even if I disagree with the conclusion.

No, only bearclaw's newest post which doesn't give out much, the rest of the stuff can wait for my next post when my head doesn't hurt anymore.

Is this a scummy thing? Is this a townie thing? If neither then what is the point of mentioning this over the actual reads he presents?

neither, just takes an unneeded effort to read through.

No, only bearclaw's newest post which doesn't give out much, the rest of the stuff can wait for my next post when my head doesn't hurt anymore.

neither, just takes an unneeded effort to read through.

Oh I thought that was "the rest of the game" not "the rest of the bear's posts". You should still comment on both though.

I think you need to read what I said again. I'd much rather hear your opinion on the reads themselves than on the length of the post.

1) Explain

2) First, does it being unwarranted necessarily mean it's scummy? Second, I had a (very) slight altercation with bearclaw about my ability and inability to produce content and being busy. People will not always believe "I was busy," to be a valid reason and I can understand that. Hence why I didn't care whether he believed me or not.

3) ... You are saying what I said was scummy ... because YOU couldn't see a reason to get frustrated? Do you ... not see a problem with this? Just because you can't see why something would frustrate someone else, that doesn't mean the person did not have reasons to feel frustrated that were legitimate to them. Also, if you want reasons as to why I would've sounded frustrated, go reread that post.

4) This is how I speak and phrase things. Outside of mafia as well. ;/

(Actually looking back at the post now instead of responding from my memory of it.) The paragraph before the one I pointed out is presenting evidence and at one point a touch of sarcasm. The one after is also presenting evidence (to explain yourself). This middle one came off melodramatic and aggressively frustrated. That wasn't really in evidence in the rest of your post, so it felt fake. At the time, it felt like you decided to throw in some emotion to, I dunno, try to get people to stop arguing with you or something (which sort of worked, given that Paperblade decided not to respond because it might have become emotionally charged). (I say "at the time" because I gained some perspective while trying to respond to Eclipse's post--see below.)

Ireadthroughthequotedpost. Grasspost. Justaguess. ButIthink. It'stheamountofagreement. Inthebulletpoints. Andtheonlydisagreement. Isn'taimed. Atanyone.

Thathelps. Alotmore. NowIthink. Iknowwhereyou'recomingfrom.

SinceIthink. Iunderstand. Elieson'slogic. Mystrongestread. Haschanged.

##Unvote

##Vote:Grassbridger

Impressivenitpicking. OnBoron'spost. Despiteclaiming. Tonotreadstuffin-depth.

Is agreement bad? Those were just the things that jumped out at me ED1.

And the other thing? Yeah, I actually didn't read it in-depth. I did one read-through of the thread; the paragraph that jumped out at me I may have reread once. But my second post about it when asked to clarify was entirely from memory. You can choose to believe that or not. (This is where I gained some perspective on the language I was calling Boron out for... given that I had basically the same thought--"look, here's my argument, take it or leave it"--without too much provocation, I can appreciate now that that's not scummy. And I take Boron's point about the rest being written off to underlying differences in phrasing choices.

This sums up my read on Proto quite nicely, actually.

More to the point of highlighting this post though, the bolded portion. Is Boron really the only person who's hitting a single "well-meaning townie"? This strikes me as contrived and really imples that you're more focused on maintaining a tunnel, by not seeing or acknowledging any other players who are doing the same thing. This entire paragraph goes along to boost my gut-suspicion on Grass.

What? Okay, that's pretty awful. Maintaining a tunnel? In my first post on Boron? I see no possible way that that's "maintaining" a tunnel, and I don't even really see how that's "starting" a tunnel, if such a thing is possible. You claim I'm tunneling on Boron; that's flat-out not true. You could call me out for low content*, and that's true--hopefully that will change by mid-D2, as I posted early--but I'm doing the best I can and yeah that's not a tunnel. WRT calling one person out for trying to fake being a well-meaning townie: yeah, Boron's the only person I noticed doing something which seemed fake to me. I wasn't attacking her for being a well-meaning townie, that would be ridiculous. I was attacking her for (in my perception) trying to fake being a well-meaning townie, coming off as fake. Is there anyone else you think is doing the exact same thing as what I was attacking Boron for? I didn't notice any...

The bolded portion suggests that you may have misread my post--what I said was that she seemed to be intentionally hitting a checklist of what a well-meaning but frustrated townie would look like. You seem to be interpreting it as... well, I can't really tell. But saying that I should have found the same thing in other people seems unreasonable.

*at some point I will ISO the top 3-5 potential consolidation targets and hopefully I'll know what I'm talking about when phase ends. Which is when, btw?

I'm at work so I can't break much down, but kirsche, that last point again me, (the bolded portion thing), wasn't even aimed at you. I was asking grass the question. I want even looking at you. Why are you saying I'm questioning you when I'm questioning Grass (obvious through the quote only inches above that says Grassbridger said: ) and not you?

I may be misinterpreting your posts here and there, but you're defending yourself against a post that I clearly aimed at someone else.

Like, wat is that even?

Phase end is in like 12 hours.

We need votals.

Well, let's look at the votes, and it's absolutely neck and neck because Refa is at L-1 and eclipse also has no votes. But that can all change in the final round, it's time for Wangernumb, ##LET'S ROTATE THE BOARD

Day 1.4 - Votals

Elieson (6) - eclipse, NNR, Marth, BBM, Kay, Strege

Serious Bananas (6) - Rocker, Objection, Elieson, Grassbridger, Refa, Reinfleche

Boron (6) - j00, scorri, SB, kirsche, bearclaw, Shinori

Paperblade (2) - Boron, Proto

Not Voting (1) - Paperblade

With 21 alive, it takes 7 to deadline lynch and 11 to hammer. You have 11 hours and 20 minutes left in the day.

scorri, you go first after Marth.

---

My vote's ultimately not that important though

You had to be a big shot, didn't ya

All your friends were so knocked out

You had to have the last word last night

You know what everything's about

You had to have a white hot spotlight

You had to be a big shot last night

We're at 10 hours and 19 minutes.

Votals are something like this.

Day 1.4 Unofficial - Votals
bearclaw13 (4) - Objection, Serious Bananas, Refa, Reinfleche, Elieson
Elieson (1) - scorri,
Proto (4) - kirsche, BigBangMeteor, Bluedoom, Grassbridger
Strege (1) - Elieson,
Serious Bananas (2) - bearclaw13, Kay
kirsche (1) - Strege

Refa (1) j00

Boron (2) - Paperblade, Shinori

Paperblade (2) - Boron, Proto

Grass (1) - Eclipse

Not Voting (2): NekoRex, Rocker64

Any mistakes are mine blah blah blah.

So I'll get reads in a bit ( I have to rake...). We look really spread out so I might have missed some changes by people. If these are true then people should probably get some vote changes going soon.

Uhm, hi. I exist sorta kinda not really. I have no idea what's going on with Paper, and beyond that... well I have slightly more of an idea, but not much of one. Not a huge fan of bearclaw or Boron right now from just a skim. Bear seems to kinda be all over the place and has some sheeping and then stuff with BBM. As for Boron, it's mostly a gut read right now. Uhm... I'm going to wait for Paper to explain what's going on before I switch my vote in case I accidentally hammer or something.

11 is hammer

My role lets me change the votals to whatever I want with restrictions:

Can't move votes off myself

Can't put someone at L-1 or higher

Can't change votes after someone is hammered

All people voting/being voted must be in the game

Mass day persuasion geez what are you, Florida ##Unvote

Ill get a vote out when I get home in a few hours. This was stupid.

I'll be around for phase end btw.