One-Shot Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but I feel like for once I played really well this game and wanted it to be a win and I'm kinda bitter now because of that. I have never been that confident in my play ever. oh well

yeah but I feel like for once I played really well this game and wanted it to be a win and I'm kinda bitter now because of that. I have never been that confident in my play ever. oh well

Bizz, that wasn't your fault. No need to beat yourself up over it! I'm quite irritated with someone else, for painfully obvious reasons (not you, scorri).

I kind of feel bad because I was right about 2 of the scum, and completely wrong about the third.

And guess who won?

GG Baldrick(roll)

OH ALSO

Shinori's modkill ending the day was more of a boon for scum than for town, which IMO defeats "don't modkill to help your side" and I think next time you should just let discussion continue for the remainder of the day phase, with no lynch.

Edited by The Best SK

I thought of nighttalk on a bit too late, but I didn't really see any visible scum benefits at the time anyway.

And yeah modkilled people lose.

Prematurely ending the day phase while forcing no interactions is a boon to scum.

Prematurely ending the day phase while forcing no interactions is a boon to scum.

this

also it is okay baldrick, gg! I thought "I wanted to let it play out" was a horrible excuse for not claiming damning information which I'm surprised no one tore apart (I know you were probably scrambling for a fakeclaim though) but otherwise you did well

Bizz: You mean like I tried to do? And no one listened to me about?

You seemed split between Baldrick and BBM, and the latter wasn't listening to you because he thought you were scum. Thus, I felt ending the game was better than letting it go on. It also means that I can start yelling at people once postgame comes out.

besides you, scorri. you were so spot-on but then you started doubting yourself because BBM is a buttface and I was like nooooooooooooo

Yeah, the day ending did help me. But I don't think Shinori was using it tactically so eh.

@bizz, yeah, that was pretty much spot on. I would have preferred to win through another way than 2dum4scum but beggars can't be choosers.

@scorri, if it's any consolation, I was really scared of you. You nearly have me a heart attack when you misread shinori's role.

ALSO ALSO you know how ther were two jailers? We had jailer as a fake claim. :/

reading this game i thought polydeuces was the mafia and not shinori, so that gambit could've worked surprisingly well had roles not fucked scum over. that said, shinori modkilling himself was a horrible idea because aside from modkilling being bad form (imo he should be considered to have lost this game, and i agree night talk on would've been a good idea) it gave town more associative reads than necessary, which they promptly ignored

i was neutral on baldrick, i always have this gut feeling his posts are scum even when i think he's town (Snooping Around) so i don't trust my reads on him from a skim. after sb told me the mafteam i wanted him to win because of how fucked he seemed so yeah gj :> i also thought bizz was mafia before they got really obvtown d2 though so my spectator reads were just kind of bad this game. probably good i never subbed in!