Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monsters? Non, zis shall not 'appen. Not like ze ones before. "Oui, I did 'ear zat, and I know exactement what I ah'm going to do about eet." Mel pointed her finger at the tall, fidgeting man, putting on her best accusing tone! "Oi! Vous sac de merde! What are you talking about, wis zeese monsters!?" Zat was 'ow zat was 'andled in my book, when Trevor came in on 'is wife and ze milkman. I ah'm learning plenty of sings from eet. I wonder why my fazzer said I should not read zese sings, zey are superbe. Mel held a smug look on her face all the while.

Ugh, goddammit Mel, that's not how to go about something like this. Taima briefly buried her face in her hands before interrupting the girl, "Ahem, sorry, excuse my friend here. She's just a bit worried about monsters since we ourselves ran into some not long ago. You wouldn't have encountered any yourselves, would you have? Awfully dangerous from what I've seen. We barely managed to escape ourselves. Would you have any tips for fighting them? That is, of course, if we heard you correctly. You might have been saying something else." She did her best to subtly kick Melanie from where she was standing behind the smaller girl.

Mel let out a quieted 'ouch' as she was kicked, looking back up at Taima with a certain disbelief on her face. "Quel est votre problème, eh?" she asked in a small voice, before crossing her arms and looked down at her leg. She moped over the kick. I do not sink I did anysing to deserve zat...

"Oh, I'm sorry. You had a spider on your leg. Now you don't," she said staring straight at the girl with a completely serious face. "Now why don't you let me talk to these nice people here, ok?" She raised a single eyebrow, hoping the naive girl would get the point.

"Eh? Une araignée? Eef you are so scared of spiders zat you will kick your friends over zem, you should juste let zem know. I 'ave no problems wis zem, I would 'ave easily removed eet, and avoided la douleur. Franchement..." Mel obviously still didn't get it. And she also didn't think there was a spider there in the first place. But, under worry of being kicked again, as she didn't think Taima knew how strong that kick was, she shut herself up, though not before muttering, "ce ne sont pas des gens agréable..."

"Sounds like it was quite the blast; though, I think I prefer how I learned to be honest. Gives me a greater sense of self satisfaction having done it by myself. Or something like that," Lugos said once Artemis had finished. "You should probably look into that if he's still giving you trouble. It wouldn't do if he stopped listening to you when you needed him the most, it could get the both of you killed."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right boss. I've never tried my hand at enchanting but given how hard it was to self teach myself basic magic I'd imagine it's hard as hell unless you've got a knack for that. Though... it's not that late in the day yet right? Better hope no one else wants their stuff enchanted,"
he said as he took his tome and stowed it inside his robes. "I thought you said sitting in a shop wasn't your style. Or was that when you figured that out?" Lugos grinned at Sheikah's advice. "Oh I know that. It's just dealing with Kralle when he doesn't want to wake up is... more than preparation to say the least."

"Hmm. Very well then, let's get going." Magali replied, as she waited for the man to pack first. Then, taking the lead, Magali searches for Sheikah --before the inn, she tried to see if maybe she stopped somewhere along the way, there was a vendor Magali just left from, right?--. Luckily, Magali's luck proved useful, Sheikah was just there as she checked the place again!

"Ah, Sheikah, nice to see you here. I hope you don't mind." She approached her boss a bit surely. "A merchant seemed to be happy our group came by. Well, he thought he could do better following a mercenary company than staying in a town with low profits, short of it is that he's asking if he could follow us with his convoy. He'd always keep our extra and would also have his own wares we could buy in need. At least, I think that's what I got if he's being sincere." She stepped aside and pointed to the merchant --whom she expected to have followed her, otherwise, this sure would be awkward--. "I can't be the judge of that, I know. So I told him to talk to you."

"Yeah, learning something by yourself has its own rewards. Like less obnoxious teachers. And uh...more satisfaction, I guess," Artemis replied, after hearing Lugos' thoughts on the matter. "Well, like I said to Sheikah, I don't think he's likely to do anything that's fatal to me. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see a trainer. Could smooth things out for me and make things a whole lot easier down the road. Know any good trainers that you could recommend?"

She then turned around to Sheikah next. "Sorry about that. I guess I just sort of let my imagination get the better of me. It's probably just because I haven't been around for very long," Artemis apologized for her little misunderstanding. "Yeah, that's true. If I couldn't rely on Sigurd for battle, I'd probably be forced too...use a different pegasus, to be honest," She said, somewhat unhappy at the thought. Although she never got along with her pegasus, the thought of using a completely different one was anathema to her. Luckily, Sheikah said something else that piqued her interest. "Oh...sorry to hear about that. You must have respected him a lot to try to learn by mimicking him. It's probably not my place to say this but...hopefully you two can make up in the future. It's not good to-" Artemis was saying before she got cut off by Magali entering the room. Apparently a merchant wanted to join the mercenary group or something.
Edited by Refa

"One can learn from many schools of magic, I've just not been interested in learning anything other than dark magic. Hmm, I guess light magic has piqued my curiosity at times... So you want to head back to the inn? Well, sure, why not, maybe we'll buy a couple of drinks and talk more about our past... hm, what about past loves, eh?" Wolfgang replied and chuckled, as he and Peter went out of the enchanter's shop and headed back to the inn.

Lugos opened his mouth to reply before pausing and closing his mouth once he realized he really didn't know any pegasus trainers. "Actually I don't know anyone really. Most of my time was spent either with my father or teaching myself magic; though, I suppose I could give it a go. I mean, it can't be much harder than training a wyvern right? They both fly and, well, I suppose taking care of them is very different but the training probably isn't. Well, other than training the wyvern to not to try to eat you.

"It's hard to enchant things. It works differently for every type of tome, you see, so you have to get some very complicated patterns down just perfectly. It's why enchanting tomes that are one of a kind is borderline impossible, yeah? Only person I know of who could do it was Arine, but she was all kinds of special when it comes to magic. She knew every type and staves too, yeah?" Sheikah elaborated to Lugos. "Well, I helped my mom at her shop for a while. Whatever we could do, yeah? We were pretty poor, but not too bad off, fortunately. I always knew I wanted to do something else, but until I saw that first wyvern I didn't know what. If Kralle is giving you a hard time, it might be best to get him ready earlier than you think. That way things are timely and if you're wrong, no harm done.

She looked back to the pegasus knight quickly. "It's no big deal. Just keep other people's feelings in mind and you'll be all set, okay? If you start having too many problems with your pegasus, I think the best thing to do is be honest with yourself about it, which you seem to be doing well with. Holding back on those sort of thins is bad for both if your health, so do what you gotta do to keep yourself and him safe, okay?" Her attitude quickly changed from motherly to furious. "He was worthy of my respect once, but no longer. Sorkaan is his name and he killed many who rode with me when he was hired by Angala. Murderer, oathbreaker... If I see him again, I will kill him, I swear it."

She was a bit surprised by the entrance of Magali and an unknown man. "Merchant? I don't see why not, I guess. What's your name? Got any light tomes?"

--

A small girl reading an odd book at the inn glanced at the three women who entered, then at the group at the table with some interest. "Hmm..." She looked back to her book, but glanced up every so often at them.

Edited by Reinfleche

Having been charged with the arduous task of not talking at these suspicious folk anymore (despite still not understanding why, they were clearly suspicious, talking about monsters), Mel figured the best way to do so would be to distract herself with something else. Taking to glancing about the inn, there were a few people around, but she locked eyes for a moment with a girl--she looked back down quickly--slightly smaller than her, who seemed to be reading a book. Mel smiled wide. C'est parfait! Walking over, as nonchalantly as she could (which is to say not at all), she sat herself down across from her, staring at the girl's book for a moment before clearing her throat. "Bonjour... Uh, hello, zat ees. My name ees Melanie. What are you reading, madamoiselle?"

Edited by I have opinions

The girl looked up at the visitor, seeming somewhat surprised. "This? It is a spellbook, an unusual one. It cuts as sharp as any blade. It is strange... how these sorts of things work intrigues me. Of course, one could make a strong case that all magic is strange, but this sort of thing is exceptionally so, at least to me. It is good to meet you, Melanie. Your accent is rather unusual. I have been to many places, but I am not familiar with your way of speech. Where are you from?" Her own voice sounds somewhat odd, stressing certain words and syllables awkwardly, but in a soothing manner.

Upon arriving at the inn, Peter wasn't surprised to see a large crowd there. "This is our group. 'sides you-know-who, any of the other ladies take your fancy?" he asked Wolfgang.

Ben, 'er accent is very strange as well... But, eet is a lot more pleasant to listen to zen mine, I must say. "Maybe you should give your name, before asking where ze person you are talking to is from, non? Zen again, I sort of started ze conversation about your book, so I do not sink I can criticize..." she realized before going any further, deciding it wouldn't hurt to answer her question. "I ah'm from Velms. My village, eet was near ze mountains, so I do not sink many people spoke like I do. Mais, let us talk more about zis book. What kind of magic ees it? I can use ze dark magics myself, so zese sort of sings are...uh, curieux to me, too."

"The one with blue hair looks gorgeous, Peter. They seem to be talking to some strangers as well. How sweet, they're trying to collect information for the Hollows! Hmm, we should probably join in... or maybe not. I fear we'd be interrupting something important. Hmm, maybe there's some lonely soul we can talk to over here." Wolfgang replied, scanning for a lone person who might be interested in a conversation.

"Ms. Blue Hair is known as Taima. She seems to be friendly enough, and she's quite the terror in battle. Sadly, I can't give you much else in terms of info," Peter rattled off. "Gathering information is also a part of mercenary life. The less nasty surprises you face, the better. Why don't you take a go at it? I think the two over there are talking about magic," Peter said, motioning towards Melanie. He saw Taima, and waved. "Yo! Hear anything interesting?"

@Sheikah

The merchant looked at Sheikah, somewhat surprised. Hm... she's younger than I thought she would be, considering she's supposed to be the group's leader. "I'm Calden. And you must be Sheikah, right? Pleasure to meet you. I've got a limited supply of pretty much all of your essential weaponry, as well as a couple of rarer items. I assure you that my services could be quite the asset for your mercenary company, should you choose to hire me."

@Melanie/Taima/Various others

The axeman appeared to be in charge of the suspicious figures, as when he addressed the others seated around him in a hushed whisper, they departed from the inn immediately, despite the innkeeper's protests that they hadn't paid him for their food. The leader made sure to shove Melanie off of her chair as he went, muttering something along the lines of: "I hate kids."

Edited by Shark Bait

Diana watched as the scene unfolded before her. What an awful man... Diana whispered to Taima. "That man... he creeps me out. I would say we should leave... but they're gone." Diana gave a small shrug and wandered over to an empty seat at an unattended table and plopped down.

Declan entered the inn, trying to discern who was best to talk with. Now then... who is actually willing to talk? I'd honestly be surprised if anyone did... he thought, as he sat at an empty table in the corner of the inn.

"Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'll be sure to take good care of him," Artemis replied to Sheikah. Not really sure what to say about that last part, she didn't say anything at all and turned to Lugos instead. "Yeah, I don't see why it'd be any different. Can't hurt to give it a try, right? Sigurd should be in the stables, and it's about time I fed him anyways. Wanna come with?"

Edited by Refa

"I am Sheikah. Your proposal seems interesting... how much will you be charging, though? I don't want any mixed up details later on."

--

"I am called Mina," the woman spoke simply, listening intently to Melanie's story, only halting a stare to look at the group leaving for a moment. "I see. Mountains in Velms... I will commit it to memory, then. As for this, it is a type of dark magic. I have heard there are light and anima counterparts, though, but that is unimportant at the present moment. You may look at it if you like, but it is fairly complex, so deciphering it could perhaps pose some difficulty- I am unsure as to your prowess in this sort of thing, however, so maybe not."

"Mina. Zat ees une supér nam--" Mel didn't get to finish as she was cleanly knocked from her chair, landing on the floor with a bit of a thud. "Ow... Calice... Quel c'est votre foutu problème?" she mumbled, realizing it was the person she'd accused moments ago. Before she could respond to his lovely motion, he'd left. Mel gave Taima a small glare, a sort of knowing one, but didn't pursue anything there (not yet). Instead she sat back on her chair with a huff. "Sorry about zat... But, pay eet no mind, you said zat was dark magic? What une coïncidence! May I see? I do not sink I will be able to use eet, but eet cannot 'urt to give eet a look." And eet will take my mind off of zat bâtard... Clearly 'e is un méchant.