Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

Wolfgang frowned as everyone started running away shortly. Just as he was about to concentrate on channeling his magic better, Declan showed up again. Guess I'll have to do that later. Chatting sounds nice...

" I agree. It wasn't pleasurable to have one of the undead stick an arrow to your shoulder and knock you out. Thank goodness Diana was around... otherwise I'd be a goner!" Wolfgang paused and shuddered at the thought of dying, then continued, " So Declan, have you ever tried your hand at magic before?"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Declan sat up and glanced over at Wolfgang, eyeing the magician as he did so. Eh... I've seen better builds on a man. Besides... he seems clueless. "Well, luckily I hadn't gotten hurt that badly, but I'm moreso upset with a certain comrade of ours and her seeming lack of respect for the dead... especially if they didn't deserve what happened to them." He replied, still somewhat sour with Melanie about before... though not for the reasons that Wolfgang was being clued in on.

Diana gave Declan a nod as Taima started talking to her. "Hmm... sure." Diana looked around a little before continuing, this time in hushed tones. "Please tell me they aren't really uptight... there's been enough of this today..."

"Heh. Yeah, I understand that," Taima replied, matching her quiet voice. "Lets see... Mel seems to be talking to Lugos. Lets see if we can find Magali. She's pretty relaxed and is always helpful. Lets see..." Glancing around, Taima spied Magali a bit away from the rest of the group. "Ah, there we go! Follow me." Walking over, Taima grinned. "Hey Magali. Meet Diana. She's a staff user like you."

Supplies? I could use a few more, Peter mused to himself. He'd overheard it in the midst of his short conversation with Declan. Now that Diana and Declan seemed to be engaging in calmer conversation, the woodsman realized that his own food stores were in sad shape. There hasn't been much to forage lately. . .

Magali had found herself standing silent while the group settled down for the while, on her own pace, she was a fair bit behind, looking back towards the trail they just passed through. It was monsters again, and so many. Oh, how I wish they weren't here... what would Cleon say if he saw me like this? So embarassing... While she didn't actually seem shaken to observers, her thoughts seemed to indicate otherwise. That is, until her mind drifted off of the worries not much later.

...I wonder what I'll do when we get to town. These robes aren't as comfortable as I thought... I can't keep wearing them and a dancing outfit underneath, and it gets a bit bulky. Maybe I should get an outfit for all purposes. Magali looked at her surroundings, mind wandering yet again. Foresty forest, twigs and roots about. Your leaves were keeping me safe, but what will I do now? Her questionably sane mental prose done, Magali walked over to a small clearing, intent to indulge her mind in the surrounding nature --to her defense, it was better than to keep thinking about the monsters, or so she thought--.

Didn't take too long for her lone time to be interrupted by teammates, it was only natural in a mercenary guild. "Hmmm? Oh, hi, Taima~." Magali replied, looking back to address the armored woman, tone as carefree and calm as usual. "I see, hello there, Diana. It's nice to meet you. I'm Magali, ah, but you probably realized." She tilted her head ever so slightly as she took a quick glance at the new lady. "Yes, I can use staves fine. Lately I've been tutoring the basics more, though. Figures more people that can wield staves are usually better for the company. It's not a simple job, though, another helping hand is always welcome~." She nodded and gave a faint smile back, seems lone time was really over, probably best to focus on people again.

Edited by Xinnidy

*sigh* guess its counseling time, huh? "Well Declan, all you can do about her is ignore her... seems she doesn't like you much anyway, why even try?" Wolfgang replied. That's right, why don't you turn your attention to me, you handsome man? I'm bored, got the time and the hots for you. Seems pointless brooding over what some young teenager said.

" Are you new to this group, Declan? How long have you been practicing swordplay?" Wolfgang asked more enthusiastically, hoping to change the topic of discussion.

"Tutoring staves? Sounds like a lot of work..." Diana replied. "My instructor way back did say learning and teaching the use of staves was a hard endeavor... but yes, more should be better." Diana felt more at ease around Magali than most of the others. She seems nice... Edited by Curly Brace

Lugos chuckled a bit at Melanie's reaction. "It's not me you should be apologizing to, but I doubt Kralle minds anyway; he's pretty relaxed compared to most of the other wyverns I've seen." When asked how he'd trained his wyvern Lugos went silent for a moment or two, trying to recall his younger years. "Well," he finally said, "I didn't really train him, my dad did. I just sorta inherited Kralle from my old man. Probably for the best since there was no way I could afford to buy a trained wyvern."

"Oh, well, zat ees good." Mel eyed the lizard suspiciously, but eventually shrugged it off. Zey would not let un fou wyvern into ze group. I shall trust eet. "Ees zat so? Donc, you are lucky, to 'ave received such a good wyvern from vote père. I ah'm sure you are 'appy about 'im." She got herself up very quickly to pet the wyvern, giving it a smile, and sitting herself back down. "Also good to know 'e will not jump up and start eating any of us. Zat would be infortuné." She went back to flipping into her book, having addressed the non-issue of the large lizard. The girls, Taima and that new woman whom she had heard was Diana, had started talking to Magali. I should let 'er know zat I will pay 'er back for 'er staff... I ah'm sure zat can wait, zough, for juste un peu.

Taima sighed slightly. "Mmm, I can't wait to get a chance to relax slightly though. I need a bath after all that fighting," she said with a laugh. "This armor might protect me well but it sure doesn't make it any easier to move around. A bath, a nice meal, maybe some shopping, and then some sleep. That's what I'm hoping for tonight. How about you two?"

Declan leaned back so his line of sight was more in line with where Wolfgang was, as he laughed somewhat. "I've been using a sword since I could walk... or, at least, it feels that way. Though, I have to wonder how long you've been working with your magic..." Declan trailed off; now wasn't the time to be snarking. He did notice that Wolfgang kept looking at him in an unusual manner, but he just could not figure out what was up with him.

" Nice, you started early too? I had a deep interest in dark magic ever since I was little, I've been using it for the majority of my life! That Irksan unit that you rescued? I was part of it so that I could also access the Irksan library and research more about it. Guess I got mixed up with you guys now accidentally, I don't know where that unit rushed off, but Diana seems to know you guys better. I'm quite comfortable joining this group...I've got nothing better to do anyway." replied Wolfgang, hoping Declan wouldn't spout more negativity about the Hollows. Last thing I need is a breakdown.

Declan had no idea Wolfgang was a dark magic user as well. Great... just my luck we've got two of them. Now I'm never going to get that day out of my head. Calmly standing up, Declan began walking off. "Yes, the Hollows are great. I should go find some of the others and engage in witty banter and the like." Declan replied as he turned tail and walked off quickly, uncharacteristically swaying his hips as he did so.

Wolfgang frowned as Declan suddenly got up and walked away. Did I say something wrong? I hope he isn't scared of my magic...that's blatant stupidity!

Distraught about missing his chance to converse more, Wolfgang went over to a more isolated area and started channeling his magic again. He would probably decide to take a few shots at the trees- maybe try packing in more oomph in his spells.

Hmm. Zat conversation went nowhere... It seemed dark magic was a fairly heavy trigger for Declan, and as much as it pained Melanie to admit she might've acted poorly, she figured she owed the man an apology... Or at least to find out why it upset him so much. Despite the silly walk, she brought herself up behind him, clearing her throat fairly loudly. "Ehhh, excuse moi, Declan... And no shouting, si vous plait. I zought zat I would... Well, I ah'm..." It was obviously difficult for her to even say it, but she frowned and looked up at him. "I ah'm sorry for what I said. Zis person... You cared about zem, donc... Je suis désolé, for calling them un idiot." The frown faded and was replaced with a confused look. "I juste... I ah'm confiant in my abilities, so, so please..."

Declan looked away, trying not to see the person who'd pissed him off earlier. Well, that and Melanie happened to have reminded him of his dead lover, but he'd sure as shit not tell her that part. "I-It's fine. Really. They must not have been too bright if they let something silly like that happen to them... haha..." Declan, clearly uncomfortable, decided to humour her for the time being until either she lost interest or his head exploded.

The latter was becoming more likely in his mind, but then he got an idea. "So, why do you have a novel out here? Seems like an odd thing to bring to the battlefield." He figured that changing the topic would help him keep his wits about him here.

Melanie frowned again, and cocked an eyebrow at him. "Oi, oi, prendre mon désolé. I mean eet. I ah'm not juste trying to make you feel better, I..." Her eyes met the ground again; they'd been meeting quite often. "Bien, zat ees fine, zen. I will not force you..." It felt slightly empty to have her apology shrugged off like that, especially after he'd been so mad, but if she pushed the issue he'd probably get upset again, and at the moment, she didn't want to upset anyone. Luckily, he gave her an out before her mind decided to continue. "Eh? Mon livre? C'est... Eet is a romance novel, you know zat, uhm... Eet is all I 'ad left from my village. I know, somezing silly like zis, but... You know. You take what you can get."

Diana thought about how to answer Taima. "Well... a bath would be nice. I'm not keen on the idea of shopping... I kinda want to hold onto what I've got. I think a bit of time to myself would be nice as well..."

"It isn't an easy job, that's right. Still, when somebody has an aptitude for healing spells, it's a pretty sight to see them improve. Really~" Magali tilted her head back comfortably, turning to Taima as she spoke of something that gained a sudden great interest from the dancer. "Ah, a bath would be lovely. With all this work we had today, it would be a dreamy rest, count me in~. Shopping wouldn't hurt too, I'd like to see something a little more free of movement."

Declan smiled, clearly there was a side of this girl worth getting to know. Though, he did feel the need to clear the air now. "No, really, it's fine... I'm probably just a bt strained from the whole 'fighting the undead' thing earlier, and ended up taking it out on you." As soon as he heard her mention her village, something clicked in his head. "Wait, you say that's from your village... do you mind if I take a look at it?" Declan hoped he may know more about her homeland if so... that, and he needed to make sure that he wasn't responsible for her not having more.

"Well the shopping wouldn't be required of course," Taima said with a grin. "But you might enjoy some time away from the guys. Grab Mel, have a nice little girl's trip shopping. Could be fuuuuun~" She added in a slightly teasing voice. "See? Magali's in! Bath comes first for sure though. Need to get out of this armor and sweaty clothes."

Something of a smile happened on her face as he said it was fine, so she knew she was right not to push the issue. Though he seemed confused on what she meant by from her village. Probably due to her lacking in speaking common tongue. "Oh, I, uh... Eh... I did not mean zat zis was from my village, zat zey wrote eet. I mean... Eet is all zat ees left. Just zis book..." She lost the starting smile, but didn't turn it into a frown. "I do not sink you would enjoy somezing like zis book, désolé. Eef you still want to see eet, you can, juste, uh... You probablement won't find much een it."

Declan simply extended his hand, as if to note that it didn't matter to him. "Trust me... if this gives me any insight as to who you are and where about you're from, it'll definitely be a positive thing... even if that's the only thing that I end up taking away from this book of yours." He replied, hoping that this girl wasn't someone he'd terrorized in the past.

Mel wasn't sure whether or not he was understanding or just wanted to see the book, but what harm could it cause? She shyly pulled it from her robes and offered it for him to look at. "Eet, uh... Eet says nossing about where I am from. Eet is juste some fiction, donc..." She was very confused. Peut-être 'e sinks zat eet is related to my village simply because I got eet from zere? I 'ave no idea... "Eef you want to know where I ah'm from, eet is Velms. You can juste ask..."

The book is a cheesy romance novel with cliché'd twists and turns here and there. It has nothing special about anything in it. You can't ruin the romance novel it is important for future events.

Edited by I have opinions