Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

Peter does indeed have more luck, connecting for 8 damage (58, 23), but taking a hard hit back for 11 damage (53, 61). Peter 20/31, Bonewalker H 24/32, Peter gains 10 exp.

Other Phase

Aware of the damage she'd already sustained but pleased to know the battle was almost over, Sheikah sighed heavily and moved away from the Angalan knights.

Sheikah moves to (21, 1)

SB will do the ending stuff in a bit, we have a few things to discuss first and about 2 more phases that matter to go! Might or might not even bother with another map update but yeah.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enemy Phase

The lone bonewalker tries to continue his fight with Peter, but his aim could use some work.

Bonewalker H misses!  (92,47)
Peter hits! Bonewalker H->16/32 (71,53)

Peter gains 10 exp.

Tyrius and his knights are on their way, you better all get moving!

---

Turn 11

LjigTz2.png

Objective: Escape at the red area!

Stats are here.

[spoiler=HP Counts]
Peter 20/31
Taima 20/29
Declan 22/22
Magali 22/22
Melanie 25/26
Lugos 27/27
Diana 28/28
Wolfgang 19/20
Artemis 17/27

Sheikah 9/24
Mercenary Rick 15/25
Soldier Rick 17/25
Archer Rick 14/25
Fighter Rick 25/25

Chief Bonewalker -1/39
Revenant A -1/35
Revenant B 0/36
Revenant C -6/36

Revenant D 0/35
Revenant E -20/34
Revenant F 0/36
Revenant G -8/36

Revenant H -8/37
Revenant I -2/35
Revenant J -29/39
Revenant K -6/38
Revenant L -1/36
Bonewalker A -5/30
Bonewalker B -3/31
Bonewalker C -3/30

Bonewalker D 0/30
Bonewalker E -9/32
Bonewalker F -3/31

Bonewalker G -5/33
Bonewalker H 16/32
Bow Bonewalker A -3/31
Bow Bonewalker B -4/32
Bow Bonewalker C -2/30
Bow Bonewalker D -1/32

Bow Bonewalker E -7/31
Bow Bonewalker F -1/34
Mogall A -8/27

Mogall B -6/26
Mogall C -5/27

Mogall D -8/25

Tyrius 43/43
Armour Knight A 36/36
Armour Knight B 36/36
Armour Knight C 37/37
Armour Knight D 36/36

"One left? Ben là! Let me 'andle zis!" Melanie was surprised that one of the piles of bones had managed to stay standing, so she moved up and blasted it with some magic to try and knock it down.

Melanie to 17,7 attacks Bonewalker H

The bonewalker still has some fight left in it, apparently.

Melanie hits! Bonewalker H->3/32 (4,31)
Bonewalker H hits! Melanie-> 15/26 (34,10)
Bonewalker H hits! Melanie-> 5/26 (28,73)

Melanie gains 9 exp.
Edited by Shark Bait

Seeing the final monster fall, Diana breathed a sigh of relief. But her work was far from over. And she had to work rather quickly, given Sheikah's warning. Diana went around the mercenaries, healing people proper, all while getting a move on to get out of this wretched place.

That happens over a bit of time.

"Thanks," Sheikah spoke, panting rather heavily again as Diana healed her. "Everyone, we're done here. Let's get going, alright? There's a town not far from here... don't really remember it's name, but that isn't really a big deal, we'll figure it out when we get there." She head off towards the east, beckoning that the others followed.

Map Clear!

Map MVP: Magali. +1 Mag or Lck

Strategy MVP: Diana. +1 STR

And you thought Sheikah missed a lot last map: Wolfgang

Proest dodge: Lugos

Actually used her own stuff, but not too much: Magali

BEXP:

Peter gains 75 exp! Peter levels up. (90, 98, 54, 6, 83, 57, 79, 67, 42). Just skill.

Taima gains 20 exp!

Declan gains 15 exp!

Magali gains 45 exp! Magali levels up. (20, 78, 14, 82, 60, 67, 21, 13, 88). HP, Mag, Def, Res.

Lugos gains 55 exp! Lugos levels up. (23, 52, 42, 99, 28, 5, 76, 52, 93). HP, Mag, Spd, Lck.

Artemis gains 10 exp!

Diana gains 45 exp! Diana levels up. (93, 81, 77, 14, 91, 16, 37, 37, 78). Skl, Lck, Def, Res.

Wolfgang gains 35 exp! Wolfgang levels up. (75, 84, 79, 58, 53, 47, 41, 38, 88). Only defense.

--

The Hollows travel a bit before Sheikah signaled for a halt, landing. "We're getting pretty close here. I think we've caught a bit of a breather- the Angalans overall aren't as mobile as we are, and they're probably looking into the whole monster thing as well, which probably speaks to Tyrius more than anyone else. Don't get complacent, but... we can afford to slow down a bit. We can make it pretty easily before it gets too late."

Taima was walking next to Diana and smiled at her. "You're doing alright? I have to say, it was a worry to see you and the others surrounded like that. I... may have tried to rush things a bit more than was wise to try and get to you six."

Well, now that everyone had settled down after that hectic battle, it was probably a good time to do what she came to this place to do in the first place. Artemis walked over to where Sheikah was at the time and said, "Hey, Captain Sheikah, if it's not too much trouble, could you read this letter from the Irskan military? Apparently it was urgent business or something, I'm not too sure. Didn't read the letter myself, that's not really part of the job description!"

"Captain? I'm no Captain, but I'll take a look," Sheikah responded a bit puzzled. "Letter... Oh, yeah, the one you mentioned before." She took the letter from the courier and read it over, not reacting much as she did so, and putting it away after a few minutes. "That's no good at all. I'll go over it with everyone when we get to town. Would you mind saying around with us until then? Might have to send something back or whatever. What's your name, anyway? Oh, that reminds me." Sheikah turned to the others, specifically towards the other one that wasn't part of her company. "Wolfgang, right? You planning on going with us for a bit?"

Healing sure is draining work... Diana thought to herself. I should know this by now...

Diana trudged along, fairly drained. She kicked a small branch toward the bushes at the side of the path. She heard someone talking to her as she walked. Diana turned around to see a blue haired woman, smiling at her. "H-hi... I'm doing okay enough." Diana quietly responded. Not having been terribly acquainted with the woman, she didn't really feel too comfortable talking. Well, she seems to have good intentions...

Diana waited a little before speaking up again. "I... don't think we've introduced ourselves. My name is Diana... what's yours?" Diana spoke, with a hint of apprehension in her voice.

Edited by Curly Brace

"Oh. Right." Taima grinned in chagrin at her blunder. "I'm Taima. Sorry, I should have thought about that first." She paused for a few seconds before continuing, "So who was the mage that was with you? When the boss told us we were meeting you, she just said 'other people' nothing specific. They any good?"

"So you're Commander Sheikah, huh? Its a pleasure to meet you, commander. I was part of the Irksan unit that just escaped, I should've followed them I guess. Do you have a need for a dark mage, commander? I'm also quicker than most people who travel by foot, but I'm sure you would have noticed my slim build. I have no loyalties tying me down right now and I've got nothing better to do, I guess." Wolfgang replied casually. He wasn't one for formalities.

"Captain? I'm no Captain, but I'll take a look," Sheikah responded a bit puzzled. "Letter... Oh, yeah, the one you mentioned before." She took the letter from the courier and read it over, not reacting much as she did so, and putting it away after a few minutes. "That's no good at all. I'll go over it with everyone when we get to town. Would you mind saying around with us until then? Might have to send something back or whatever. What's your name, anyway? Oh, that reminds me." Sheikah turned to the others, specifically towards the other one that wasn't part of her company. "Wolfgang, right? You planning on going with us for a bit?"

"Oh, sorry about that. I've never really been around any mercenary groups before, so wasn't sure how to address you there," Artemis quickly explained, realizing her error. "Sure, I can afford to stay here for a while. I don't really have any other assignments that I have to be doing anyways. Might as well get to know everyone here, building comradery and what not. By the way, name's Artemis," Artemis stated, before wandering off in search of the other members of the troop.

Zat sure was une bataille! Melanie thought to herself, as she wandered about the group. Magali had taken back her staff, much to Melanie's dismay. And I was juste getting used to uzing zat staff. Malheureux. Ben, c'est la vie. Now, 'oo to talk to...? There was one woman that seemed to have finished speaking to Sheikah, one that had also used magic in the battle. I 'ealed 'er before we started zis march, non? "'Ello, madamoiselle! I did not catch votre nom. Je m'appelle Melanie. C'est un plaisir." I wonder 'ow one uses ze anima magic. I should ask 'er.

"Well, I won't turn down any help in these sorta circumstances. I get the feeling you weren't meant to follow them, anyway... no idea why. Good to have you aboard, Wolfgang." She looked towards the messenger. "It's no problem. Just call me Sheikah. Good to have you with us, as well." Sheikah closed her eyes as the pegasus rider left, frowning. What are you up to, Sorkaan...?

"Nice to meet you Taima..." Diana's voice trailed off, thinking of how to reply to her question. "Well the guys with the physical weapons? They're Rick. They were pretty good. I wonder where they went, though." Diana pondered.

"And the mage... please don't get me started. He makes so many advances... and it's just... wrong. Not to mention he's only half competent in battle..." Diana spoke with a tinge of anger in her voice, however still at a soft volume. She collected herself before speaking again. "Sorry... it's just been bugging me for all this time and I've had no one to really talk about it to. Enough about that... what about the people you fought beside? Were they any good?"

Edited by Curly Brace

Artemis noticed a young girl speaking to her. Wow, one already! If she kept on finding mercenary members at this pace, she'd have spoken to them all in the span of one hour. She noticed the girl was speaking a strange language, which Artemis studied back in her old school in Anglana, but she was honestly a bit rusty at it. "It's nice to meet you as well!" Artemis said, sitting down nearby Melanie. "Thanks for healing me earlier, I got a bit careless there. I noticed you attacking one of those monsters earlier with a blast of Elder magic. According to my stepmom, my parents were rather skilled at using it, so I tried my hand at it myself. You know, living up to the family name and all that. Sadly, I wasn't any good at it, although I seem to have found a knack for using anima magic. Oh, sorry, I must be boring you with all of my talking," Artemis said, after she realized she'd been talking for a solid minute.

Edited by Refa

Taima frowned. "That's... unfortunate. You'd think that someone would learn to accept no for an answer... He'd better not try that with me. It would likely not end too well for him." She shook her head after hearing his combat skill was less than great. "Mmm, yeah, these guys were all pretty good at fighting. We seem to have lost one guy though... And gained a pegasus rider. I'm not sure how she is. But overall we're a fairly solid group. It'll be nice to have another healer though, I must say."

Melanie was quite impressed. "Vous pouves parler ma langue?" This excited Mel above all else, making sure she paid close attention to everything the woman was saying. "Zat ees fantastique! I 'ave always wondered about zees anima magic. Le lancement de feu, controlling ze nature of ze world. Eet sounds, uh, quite amazing." Melanie couldn't help but giggle at this new found glee, despite the mentioning of parents. "Ah, yes, parents. Ben, I do not have any left to live up to, but I am fairly compétent avec ze magic. And ze 'ealing! I do feel très mauvais about using Magali's staff, zoe. I should pay 'er back." It then came to Mel's attention that this woman hadn't given her a name. "Ehm, excuse, but, you did not mention un nom?"

"Oh, I guess I was so excited to speak with someone else that I forgot all about introductions. My name is Artemis. Yeah, I can't say I'm skilled enough to speak the language, but I can certainly understand it! So that's nice. As for Anima magic, well it's...wonderful. It's certainly not for everyone, but just that feeling of adrenaline when you have the power of the elements at your fingertips, just makes all of those long hours training worth it, you know? Can't say I'm particularly great at the scholarly side of things though, I leave that up to people far smarter and more well versed than I," Artemis blabbered, having been excited to have found a kindred spirit. She didn't really like to go into detail about her parents because they kind of abandoned her, so she glossed over that little bit. "Magali is the dancer, right? Her dances were something special, like they were some kind of magic of their own. I could go shopping with you to pay her back whenever we get to the town Sheikah was talking about."

Edited by Refa

"Wow... Zat sounds like eet would be somezing to look into." She decided to cut the language out, just for a bit. It would probably make conversation flow more easily, even if Artemis (as she'd now been told) could understand it. "I would surely love to learn to, uh... Cast, oui, cast anima magic. Ze dark magic, eet is fun, vraiment, but it is very shapeless, emotionless. Just blobs of dark, flying into, uh, ze monsters and people alike. I would love be able to control fire, or sunder." Melanie mused over these things for a few moments, eventually sighing through her smile.

"You would do zat, for me? Ben, non, I will not take any of your money. And I do not sink I 'ave enough to pay for somezing like a staff on my own. From what I 'ave 'eard zey are a bit, uh... Coûteux. You are right zoe. Zey are somezing...magnifique." I will juste 'ave to give Magali some of mon argent and hope zat she can afford anozer.

Edited by I have opinions

"Well hopefully I can be of assistance..." Diana said to Taima. Diana looked around, seeing nothing of note besides more trees and bushes. Maybe I should talk to other people... No... I'll just keep to myself.

"Well, stick with me, ok? I seem to always be in the front taking hits, so having someone who can heal me will always be useful." She glanced around trying to see what Diana was looking for. "Something bothering you?"