Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

And just when I thought I had found a laid-back crowd to casually banter and have fun with, everyone comes out with their baggage. *sigh* I guess I'll have to put up with the drama now. thought Wolfgang as he frowned when Declan and Melanie started arguing with each other. He merely watched as Artemis intervened, and then another older man chimed in with a few words. Wolfgang could care less, he was apathetic towards the whole thing. If worse came to worst he would cast magic to stop the two.

He continued observing as Declan tried to talk more politely to Melanie. Ah, a sensitive side, huh? That was a quick transition, from hot-tempered to Mr.Nice Guy. Wolfgang grinned at that thought.

Turning towards Artemis, he tried to steer the convo to another topic, "So Artemis, what's the name of your pegasus? Do you have any fun stories to talk about your time with it?"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'est drôle. Melanie was amused by the man's attempt at her language, wondering where all these people had sprung up from, if they could also speak it. "Vous êtes," she offered up in correction to him. "Please do not speak to me d'un ton amical." She brought her eyes closer to looking at him but was still mostly looking at the ground. "Eet is a book about romance. Somesing entertaining to take my mind off of war, and ozer sings," she said, obviously indicating him. "Can't read eef I ah'm being spoken to, zough... Z-Zough... I am impressed zat plus de gens can speak ma langue." Credit was given where it was due.

Declan smirked; clearly this girl wasn't quite the pain in the ass that he thought. Only mostly so. "Mais, si nous sommes les camarades de regiment, puis je parle dans le ton bien, mais non?" He replied, though he was pretty sure that he pronounced... something wrong. Then he switched topics. "Ah, une romance? Dis-moi, qu'est que livre es-tu lire?"

"Non," was the simple respone she gave Declan, less impressed as he continued. I guess 'e ees not as good as 'e led me to believe. She folded her book back up and stuffed it into her robes, as it was becoming clear that she wouldn't be able to read whilst the others spoke. "I do not know ze name of ze book; ze cover ees missing. As for ma langue, je proposer zat you stop yourself before you embarrasser toi-même. I appreciate ze effort, but eet is not coming srough very well. Aussi, si vous plait, no comments on my own speaking. Eef you make one maintenant, I will know eet is juste in retaliation to what I ah'm saying. I ah'm not un imbécile." Peut-être Artemis will start talking wis zis magic man. I still do not 'ave 'is name. Franchement. Mel was hoping that her last line would at least stop Declan in his tracks, and if it didn't she would do her best to ignore him. Even if it was hard.

Declan threw his arms into the air, grabbed his things, and walked off. "Right, I'm done with you people. Good luck not dying out there, votre sacs de merde." He said angrily as he stormed off - with the last part clearly a frustrated jab at Melanie - slamming his sword into a nearby tree and plopping down next to it. Clearly, trying to make friends with these imbeciles was a bad idea.

As he sharpened his axe, he kept wondering just what the hell he was doing working in a group again in the first place. It was definitely hard thinking of an answer to that question in his mind.

Mel managed a laugh at the man's poor attempt, making sure she was behind Artemis enough in case he attempted to throw something at her. "Your sacs of shit, eheheheh. C'est magnifique, Declan." It pained her to admit that he'd made her laugh, but through some force of nature he had, and it had cheered her up a little. Though he'd left, which meant perhaps that she could get the chance to read. The book quickly back in hand, she sat nearby and read, keeping an ear out for the conversation that might happen between Artemis and the magic man.

Diana gave Peter a brief, polite nod. "Understood..." But people are scary sometimes... what to do...

After thinking that, Diana heard a loud clanging noise. She turned to see a sword pierced into a tree, and a man sitting next to it. He looked angry, at least to which Diana could tell. Oh no... trouble... please, no... Diana subtly moved away from that scene. She tried to think of ways to distract herself, but nothing was of use. She starting nervously fidgeting with her staff.

Declan was still a bit mad - mostly at Melanie - but he decided to blow it off. Mostly because it didn't feel like leaving his sword in the tree any longer, and the fact that there was a woman standing nearby alongside Peter - who was amiable enough - and some other woman that he was pretty sure had been with the group from the start. "Well now, who might you be?" He asked, standing up and moving towards the woman, noting the sword at her side. "Were you with Wolfgang and those other soldiers earlier? If so, I guess I should welcome you to the group."

Edited by Mango Sentinel

Sheikah's idle daydreaming was cut off at the abrupt sound of metal on wood. "Hey, watch it!" she yelled, glancing around for the source of the noise, not taking too long to see Declan's sword stuck in a tree. "What's that gonna do for you? We don't need to be fighting amongst ourselves when we've got much worse enemies out there, alright? I'm not gonna say it again, and I'm not gonna say you knew for next time, so don't let there be a next time." She seemed somewhat happier when he took the sword out, but was still angry when she sat down next to Privia once more. "Sorkaan, Tyrius, this... might as well just get punched in the face now or something, not much can make this day worse, huh?"

"Better the tree than one of us." Declan grumbled towards Peter, before Sheikah started yelling at him. He didn't bother responding, because at this point he was about ready to grab that wyvern of hers and head home. "And believe me, there are certain people here who I'm about ready to filet if they don't pull their noses out of the air." He added, growling as his eyes slowly moved towards Melanie for a brief moment, before snapping back to the group he was with now. "Add in the fact that people don't seem to give a damn about my mental state, and, well... actually, that point is WHY I feel like stabbing a certain someone..." Declan took a deep breath before flopping his back against the tree again.

Declan sighed as he looked back up at Peter. "Which do you want to hear first: the fact that we just fought the fucking undead, the fact that Melanie is a total bitch of a teenager, or the fact that her very presence drags out bad memories of killing my only other friend - and, hell, the only person I've actually loved in any capacity - because she couldn't control her magic?" Declan paused, thinking back to his last statement... and realizing just what he'd said. Clearly the anger was messing with his head. "... Fuck. That last part wasn't meant to come out."

Peter stood silent for a bit. Does he see his lost love in Melaine? "We defeated the undead, and I'll pretend I didn't hear that last part," the woodsman replied. "Teenagers can grow and change. I'm proof of that. . ." I wasn't exactly bright, either, but thank goodness I was in back, shooting stuff. Otherwise, I'd be dead. "Say, when's the last time you ate, Declan?"

Declan blanked for a moment. He... wasn't quite expecting a response like that. Granted, he also hadn't expected to divulge that manner of info to Peter, but still... "Oh, uh... I'm not sure, actually. It's likely been quite a while... I don't tend to notice much anymore." He replied in regards to Peter's question. Again, relating back to his past, but... that was another matter for another time. "Why do you ask? It isn't like I'm a ninety-pound weakling, you know..."

Artemis was glad things had cooled down a bit. Her intervention didn't really seem to do much, although it was hard to tell considering her talent (or lack thereof) at understanding other people. As she watched Declan storm off in a huff, she heard Wolfgang speaking to her. About her Pegasus...Oh crap. "Er, her name is...uh, that is to say, his name is...Sigurd. Yeah, I've had him for ah...a long time. Like forever. Ever since I was a child or something, I can't remember. We don't really get along all that well though, kind of a clash in personality. I think he'd be happier with er...someone a lot braver, more dashing, more heroic, I guess. And I've just realized that I forgot to feed him. See you guys later!" Artemis said, as she dashed off to where she had left her Pegasus. He looked rather angry. Whoo boy. She took out some of the oats she had packed too feed him. And there was another problem. Artemis hadn't expected too be staying for such a long time. She'd probably need to get some more whenever she got to town. As a placating gesture, she also got an apple out of the traveling sack she carried with her and set it down for him. Most of the food was supposed to be dried so that it could last long voyages, but she somehow managed to get away with sneaking some fresh fruit each time. Having completed her recently realized responsibility, she walked back over to the rest of the group. Apparently Declan was talking with some other member of the party. In any other circumstance, she'd introduce herself, but she had to get done with her business at the local town first. "Hey Mi...Sheikah, can you point me to the nearest town? I've got to get some supplies for my Pegasus and for down the road, didn't really prepare for a long journey to be honest," Artemis said excitedly. She'd never been around these parts before. A new town, eh? Could be fun.

Diana intended to respond to the man, but then she heard Peter talk at him. His name is Declan, appar- Her thought was cut off by Sheikah's yelling. Not more... I'll just stay back. Diana just stood around, listening to Peter and Declan converse. She heard every word, and became concerned. It's not my place though... I shouldn't get involved with that.

The scene had quietened down a little. Diana thought it polite to try and respond to Declan, given his welcome attempt. "Hey... Declan, was it? Thank you for the welcome... My name is Diana..." Her voice trailed off. She wasn't even sure if he could hear her.

"Diana, eh? That's a nice name." Declan replied, genuinely trying to be welcoming to her. Something about this girl just... kept him from getting upset about anything. "You can relax, by the way; unless you're actively trying to piss me off, I won't bite."

Peter breathed a sigh of relief. Diana somehow calmed Declan down. "When I'm really irritated, I find that a good meal and a good night's sleep clears things up. It's been a hell of a day, and I'm tired."

Artemis quickly had walked off, leaving Mel alone with this magic man, and that wasn't something she was interested in. I juste want to listen to conversation. Honnêtement, eet is not 'ard. She got herself up and walked on over to the main group, not bothering to comment on the people talking as Declan was probably still fussed with her. No matter, at least here she could listen to whatever they were talking about and enjoy her book. She found a place to sit nearby and began doing so, once again. She gave Declan another look though, wondering what had even gotten him so mad, looking back down at her book. I should be ze one 'oo is mad. Always interroger mes capacités... Zis tree zough, eet is...razzer tough.

Edited by I have opinions

Sheikah looked up at the pegasus rider. "Directions? Umm, mostly go east. It isn't that far. If you're going by yourself be extra careful, though, and if there is trouble, don't stick around- let us know about it, okay?"

Raising an eyebrow, Taima shook her head. Regardless of what Declan claimed, she suspected his temper was on a slightly more sensitive trigger than he suggested. "Diana, have you met Mel and Magali? They're the other two girls that were in the group. We also picked up a pegasus rider somewhere along the way but... I don't know her. Do you want me to introduce you?" She suspected that it might be a good idea to get the seemingly shy girl away from the guys of the group for a few minutes at least.

Edited by scorri

Having decided he'd rather keep to himself as soon as the drama began, introductions and such could be done later in a calmer setting, Lugos led Kralle a short distance away from the group to ensure he didn't get caught up in it. He figured he may as well feed Kralle while he was out here as pulled out two pieces of dried meat from one of the saddlebags. "I know you prefer fresh meat, but this is all I got for the time being," he said with a somewhat guilty look; Kralle simply snorted in response. "Oh come on, you know I can't hunt. You'll live." With his obligation completed, and the fact it seemed things had calmed down now, Lugos headed back towards the group, it wouldn't due to accidentally get left behind. As he wandered back, now with Kralle, he figured he ought to actually get to know someone other than Sheikah. As luck would have it an opportunity presented itself through Melanie deciding to sit on Kralle. It was times like these where Lugos was glad that, despite Kralle's size, he wasn't a very aggressive wyvern. The wonders of training he supposed. "Hey, uh Melanie, right? I can understand wanting to sit down and read but wouldn't it be better if you sat on something other than my wyvern's back? If you want you can sit in the saddle but it's probably not the most comfortable sitting on scales."

Declan nodded, huffing in a more positive manner. "Thanks for the tip, Peter. I'll keep that in mind." He replied, looking around. He was pretty sure the only person that he hadn't offended or pissed off in some manner was Peter himself, and decided to fix that. Heading back to where Wolfgang was, Declan flopped down onto the ground and gazed up at the sky. "Oy... What a day."

"Eh? Eh!?" Melanie quickly stood up, realizing immediately that she had, in fact, been sitting on a wyvern. "Ahhh, désolé! I did not realize zat I 'ad... I ah'm sorry... Lugos, oui?" Zat was embarrassing... She quickly sat herself elsewhere, on a stump this time (making sure it wasn't actually a wyvern in disguise), and looked over at the beast. "'Ow did you train zat to let you ride eet? I cannot imagine zat somesing so big would let someone so...petit on top." She wondered if it was like training a dog, or any other type of animal. They seemed smarter than those, though.