Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

"Thank you, miss." The merchant grinned, handing Diana the staff and pocketing his new-found change. He then turned to address Melanie. "As a matter of fact, I do." Producing a purple tome from the back of the wagon. "Dark magic can be pretty hard to come across on it's own you know, but this tome here is special. Anyone who gets hit by it also starts to suffer from a side-effect poisoning! Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that, I'll tell you! It's only 450 gold, which is pretty cheap, all things considered!"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melanie almost immediately snatched the book out of his hands, remembering that one had to pay for things before they could own them, and stopped herself. "I-I would like zat, oui. 'Ere, you said four 'undred and fifty. Take eet, and donnez moi le tome, please." The premise of such magic was incredibly intriguing, and if they were to be fighting more monsters, that would be perfect. As intrigued as she was, she was reserved on using something like that against actual people. Defending herself, she felt she could justify, but poison? It was almost a torture. I will 'ave to see ze effects before I use eet on people...

As Declan entered the town, he noticed a large group forming by a strange man at a merchant's cart. Curious, he walked over, twirling his Hatchet as he did so. "Well then... I'm wondering if you have any interesting weaponry for sale, good sir." He said, hoping that perhaps this unusual-looking merchant would give him something interesting for his trouble.

Taking the lance from the man, Taima spun it around in her hands once before frowning. "Hmm, maybe... I'm not sure though. Something's slightly off about this maybe. I may come back for it but for now..." She paused, spying a weathered statue in his cart. "Uhm, excuse me. I'd be interested in buying that, if you don't mind," she said as she pointed to the statue fragment.

The group reached Aridiera in no time, and Wolfgang did not want to waste any time. He was sure his tome needed an enchantment now- it was relatively new and he would do well with something powerful and accurate.

Walking into the enchanter's shop, he asked, "Would you be willing to enchant this flux tome of mine? Its new and I need it to be more powerful and accurate."

Wolfgang wants to enchant his flux tome with + 3 MT, +16 HIT for 750 gold.

Hmm, what to do... I suppose I could go get Kralle, but I don't really need him to go shopping. He's probably still sleeping anyway. Lugos aimlessly wandered throughout the town for a bit, enjoying the peace, even if it was probably a calm-before-the-storm kind of peace if Sheikah was to be believed. At some point he realized he ought to spend the money he'd earned; besides, his tome wasn't exactly new anymore. After a bit more wandering Lugos found himself at a magical vendor. Perfect, he thought as he walked in, examining the wares before finally settling on a Thunder tome. "I'd like a Thunder tome," he said as he put the required 500 gold on the counter. A bit pricey, but he wasn't going to complain.

Magali nodded to the merchant. "Hmmm, you know what, I'll think some more. Do you have any healing staves here?" She spoke, uncharacteristically rubbing her chin, asserting how she should handle her money for now. Ah, but that could wait a moment, Artemis had just adressed her too. "Yup, I remember you alright, just didn't catch your name. You were the pegasus knight out there, casting anima magic against the monsters, hmm? I think you did a good job. I'm Magali, by the way."

Peter wandered around, surprised by the lack of activity in the forge. Everyone else seemed to congregate around the shops that sold weapons, and he made note of the new guy that walked into the enchanter's shop. I don't think I've introduced myself to him. I should remedy that problem when he's free. He'd gotten foodstuffs and other general supplies from the other merchants. A mercenary isn't much without his weapons. I wasn't happy with my shooting in the previous battle. Perhaps a few modifications to my bow would be best. "Hello? I'd like to modify my bow with the following. . ."

Peter would like to modify his Iron Bow with +1 MT and +16 hit, which should come out to 300 gold

@Melanie, Declan and Taima

"Here you go miss." The merchant smiled as he passed Melanie the tome in exchange for her gold. It seemed to be a pretty good day for him, with all these mercenaries showing up. Turning to Declan, he noticed the axe and thought for a second. "You're an axe fighter, eh? You don't really look good enough to- I mean, you don't look like need that axe, anyway. You're uh... made of some pretty sturdy stuff." Shit. He didn't mean to make the customer angry, so he quickly switched the topic. "Is magic a problem for you though? I have just the sword to deal with that, it helps your body become more resistant to their spells. It's only 600 gold for you, it's well worth it!" Unfortunately though, the lance sale didn't seem to go over as well as he'd hoped, but the... weird statue thing caught armoured girl's eye, so he wasn't going to complain about it. "Oh, this statue thing? It's a real beauty, isn't it? It'll only cost you 600!"

@Magali and Lugos

"Healing staves? I've only got your standard one right now, but it'll do the job for ya. Interested?" replied the shopkeeper. Then Lugos walked in and put down enough money for a thunder tome. Seemed like the business was doing well today. "Just a Thunder tome? Here ya go?" He slid the tome across the counter towards Lugos and pocketed his gold.

@Wolfgang

An middle aged mage in grey robes greeted Wolfgang as he came in. "Dark magic, eh? You don't see a lot of those around here." He walked up to Wolfgang and plucked the tome out of his hands and examining it. "This shouldn't take long, it's only basic magic after all." He walked through to the back room of his shop and left Wolfgang to wait for ten minutes before returning with his tome. "Here it is. That'll be erm... 750 gold." he said, keeping it out of Wolfgang's reach until he got paid.

@Peter

A muscular bearded man looked up from his book and listened to Peter's requests. "This bow? Shouldn't be hard. Give me a minute." The man took the weapon away to his forge and set off to work immediately. After a few minutes he returned with the newly improved bow, handing the weapon back to Peter. "That'll be 300."

Edited by Shark Bait

"Bien, magnifique!" Mel quickly took the tome and thought for a moment. Those monsters had been really tough. Tough enough to take the hits that her flux tome had thrown about. What if this new magic wasn't as strong as it, or she wasn't used to casting it? I wonder eef zere ees somewhere zat I can 'ave zis made stronger... Looking for such a place would also give her the chance to sneak away before Declan started asking about her home again, as she'd just noticed he was there. "Taima, Diana, je vais revenir dans un peu. I ah'm going to see eef I can get zis tome some 'elp." She quickly ran off in the direction of the magic shop, wondering if there was someone nearby that could help with such a problem.

If there was someone, they were already busy with a customer. The sign outside had made it fairly obvious that they were the enchanter, but upon entering, Melanie had run into magic man again. "Eh? You are zat magic man, uh... Oi, you still 'aven't told me votre nom!" She pointed at him accusingly, before peeking behind him to see the old man. "Excuse, monsieur, can you 'elp wis somezing like zis?" She placed the contaminate tome down on the counter and look at him expectantly.

Pls to be giving +1 mt and +8 hit, for Mel's remaining 150 gold.

Magali nodded to the merchant. "Hmmm, you know what, I'll think some more. Do you have any healing staves here?" She spoke, uncharacteristically rubbing her chin, asserting how she should handle her money for now. Ah, but that could wait a moment, Artemis had just adressed her too. "Yup, I remember you alright, just didn't catch your name. You were the pegasus knight out there, casting anima magic against the monsters, hmm? I think you did a good job. I'm Magali, by the way."

"Yep, that was me! Thanks for the compliment, but I don't really think I'm particularly good at it." Artemis said as she went over to the Enchanter's. Wow, so this is where the shamans were hiding, Artemis thought, noticing Wolfgang and Melanie. Well, it's time to do what I came here for. "Excuse me, do you think I could get this tome enchanted?" Artemis asked to the person at the counter, holding out her recently bought Thunder tome.

Thunder tome forged with +3Mt, using Artemis' remaining 300 Gold.

Edited by Refa

The enchanter was somewhat surprised by Melanie's new weapon. "That's a pretty rare tome... Poisonous, yes? Oh, don't worry, I can enhance this tome for you." The man barely had time to turn around by the time Artemis arrived and started placing in an order. "Erm, a standard Thunder tome is it? Very well then, just give me some time." The enchanter looked slightly overwhelmed as he retreated into the back of the shop with the girls' tomes, later re-emerging with both tomes after roughly twenty minutes. "Erm, here you are then." He handed the Contaminate tome to Artemis, and the Thunder to Melanie. "That'll be, um... 150 gold and 300 gold."

"C'est vrai, eet looks very strong. I 'ope I get to test eet out soon!" Mel said to the enchanter as he took her and Artemis' books into whatever back room he had. "Donc, uh, you picked ze sunder tome, Artemis? Ze destructif power of nature, in your 'ands!" Mel chuckled. When the enchanter returned, she took the book she'd been given, and made to leave, before once again realizing that he almost hadn't paid. "Désolé... eh? Oh, zut alors, 'e seems to 'ave switched our books, Arty. 'Ere, votre sunder tome. I do not sink you want to try using zat book, yourself. even I ah'm unsure eef I will be able to use it completely right." She left the cash she needed to leave on the counter and went to hand Artemis back her tome.

Just have a little faith, it doesn't hurt that much~. Magali waved goodbye to the woman, still processing the merchant's answer, then turning to him. "Hmm. I see. You know what? I'll take a look around first, I'll probably come back, though. See ya!" She said nonchalantly, turning back and leaving before the vendor could really react. What a ditch!

Deciding to see if other merchants have anything, she approached the wagon that some of the others seemed to have gathered around too. "Oh, hi, everybody." She greeted them, and observed what the merchant was selling. It seemed he had some different gear, but wasn't showing everything. "And hello, Sir. Would you happen to have any staves that might be useful in combat? For healing or other specific effects~."

After what seemed like FOREVER, the enchanter had worked his magic and returned the books to them; well, Melanie. After paying the enchanter, Artemis followed Melanie to take a look at their newly empowered tomes. "Yeah, I can't wait to test this tome ou...oh, sorry about that!" Artemis exclaimed when it turned out their tomes had been switched. Arty, huh? "Yeah, it'd be a disaster if I used that tome. The last time I tried to use a Dark tome well...it didn't go so well," Artemis explained. "So looks like I'm done with all of my shopping. How about you, anywhere else you need to go?"

Edited by Refa

Declan cocked an eyebrow; did this merchant have an axe for him? "Now now... don't dismiss me here. I'm more than capable of wielding any axe that you have. Now, could you show me said axe?" He asked, eyeing the sword he laid out for him at the same time. "Hmm... this sword could be useful... I'll give it some thought, though."

Mel quickly took her tome back before any magical accidents happened. The last thing she needed was something to go wrong involving dark magic and herself, even if it was an accident, especially after she'd pushed that she was just fine in using her magics. Zat would be...awkward. Tome back in hand, she decided to flip through the pages, to get herself used to the magics within. She gave Artemis some half minded answers. "Oui? What 'appened ze first time you tried, eh? And more shopping? I 'ave zero gold left. Aucun. Pa plus. I gave some to Magali, bought zis tome, and 'ad it enchanted. Maintenant, I ah'm broke." Her face had remained in her book whilst she spoke.

"Very well." Taima handed over the gold and took the statue. Looking it over, she shook her head. She didn't know why she'd been drawn to it but... something felt right about having it. "Thank you. Diana, did you have anywhere else you wanted to go?"

Taima uses the statue fragment

"Ah, Melanie, Artemis, I see you've got your tomes enchanted too. You asked for my name, Melanie? Its Wolfgang Night. Those are quite the tomes you two have got there, a poison tome and a thunder tome? Did you purchase those at the vendor in this town?" Wolfgang asked, wondering if he had missed his chance at buying an exclusive tome. He shrugged as he thought so. The enchantment would probably be enough for the time being.

Picking up his new Thunder tome, Lugos thanked the shopkeeper as he turned to leave, about to head for the enchanter's only realizing that this was the enchanter's just before he stepped out the door. It also helped that several of the others mercs had also gotten their tomes enchanted right in front of him. Maybe I ought to pay a bit more attention to my surroundings while I'm on the ground... After a bit of an awkward turn around Lugos walked back up to the counter. Wow, there's more magic users in the Hollow's than I thought... Maybe we should try to recruit more sturdy people soon. For all our sakes. "Hey," Lugos addressed the shopkeeper. "I know I just bought this but can you enchant this for me?"

Thunder tome +2mt, +3crit for 300 gold.

Edited by Oersted

Artemis fidgeted around nervously before replying to Melanie, "Eh...it was sort of a disaster. Everything in like a mile was a mess. Only reason I wasn't expelled was because they said my magical prowess was...uh, I don't remember, but that I should use my talents towards a field of magic I'd be better suited for. " Artemis didn't really like talking about her failures too much, so when Wolfgang started talking she was more than welcome for the distraction. "Yeah, I purchased my tome at vendor over there," Artemis said as she pointed to the (very) nearby salesman. Then she noticed someone else was also getting his tome enchanted. Wait...he looked rather familiar. Wasn't he that flier who was accompanying them earlier? There was only one way to find out. She walked up to him and asked, "Greetings, comrade! I noticed you in the battle earlier but never really got to introduce myself. I'm ah, Artemis! And you are?" She said expectantly.

Edited by Refa

New staff in hand, Diana stowed it away with the rest of her belongings. Hearing Taima talk to her, she pondered an answer. Hm... no, not really Taima. I think I'll just tag along to wherever you want to go."

"Loupbande Nuit? C'est étrange, but, 'oo am I to judge? I shall remember eet as best as I can." He pointed out her tome, finally bringing her face out of it and shutting it for the time being. "Oui, eet is a poison tome! I did not get eet 'ere. Zere was a man selling quite weird but intéressant things by a wagon. Peut-être zere ees still something zere pour vous." Wolfgang addressed, Melanie turned back to Artemis, disappointed to hear of her mishaps with the magic. "I see. Zat ees quite unfortunate. But, uh, you found ze sing zat works for you. Zat ees good." Lugos came in, and started talking to the poor old enchanter who had probably already been overworked. "I sink I will go for a walk around ze village for a bit. Enjoy youself, Arty, Lugos, Loup." She walked on out of the store and into the streets, doing nothing but humming to herself and enjoying the sun.

Edited by I have opinions

With no response from the man, Lugos set his tome on the counter before turning to Artemis, figuring the man would take it and enchant it while he talked. "Oh, hello to you too," Lugos replied a tad on the unenthusiastic side. "I'm Lugos and yeah, I noticed you too, but with all the drama there wasn't really a good time to introduce myself. You fly on a pegasus and use anima magic like me, right? I didn't think I'd meet yet another air-born mage."

"Yeah, that's right. You don't really see many airborn mages these days, do you? I just sort of picked up Anima magic out of necessity. I needed to be able to defend myself in some way to be a courier and well, I couldn't use a weapon for beans, so magic it was. How about you?"

Edited by Refa