Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

charlie_

Artemis shrugged. "I had to learn first aid for the delivery company that I work at for on the job injuries and such. Considering how dangerous it has become recently, I've probably gotten more experience with it than I otherwise should have. It's really not so hard after the first few times, though."

Edited by Refa

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lugos groaned as he slowly regained consciousness. He wondered how he was even still alive, he fell while he was still up in the air after all. The only conclusion he could come to was that Kralle must've somehow caught him and set him on the ground. Face down on the ground admittedly, but it was apparently for the best. The arrow, as Lugos painfully found out from Artemis pulling it out, had hit him in the back. Damn archer, firing at me while my back was to him. At least Melanie kept healing him so the pain resided into a dull ache quickly enough.

He picked himself up into a sitting position. "Thanks for the help Melanie." He would've thanked her for her quick aid but he had no idea how long he'd been out. "And thank you for pulling the arrow out of my back, Artemis," he said as he rubbed the sore area on his back.

"It wasn't a big deal, really. I'm more worried about how you're holding up. Can you still fight with a wound like that?" Artemis asked curiously. She'd never been hit by an arrow herself, but it didn't look like a particularly enjoyable experience.

"Franchement, Artemis. You are fantastique." Melanie stared at her in slight amazement, as their subject began to wake up.

"Ben, eet ees no problem, Lugos. Juste, er, do not get 'hit by ze arrow again, oui? You may suffer more zan ze collapsing in ze future..." It was a worrying thought, but something she still felt should be mentioned. Looking about, there still seemed to be someone down: Wolfgang. She was certainly tired, but it was part of her duty as one of the group's healers.

She sighed, and, waving the two of Artemis and Lugos off, walked over to him. "Wolfgang. Wake up," she said, pointedly, almost bashing him with her staff as she began to heal his wounds.

'i should be fine. My arms seem to work just fine, sitting isn't overly painful and it's not like I do more than that while on my wyvern. I guess if I had to fight on foot there might be some problems but I should probably take it easy regardless, if only to make sure there isn't any lasting damage."

Diana took a moment to survey her surrounding for an appropriate place to rest. She already noticed Melanie healing the wounded, so she decided on getting the rest. A small tree was about the best she could find, at least within a short distance. She walked over to the tree and plopped herself down against it. Taking the time to inspect her belongings, she noted nothing out of the ordinary. Everything was still there.

Noticing one of the raiding party's healer's rest against a nearby tree, similarly to how Celestia herself had, the templar began looking the woman over, noticing that she was, in fact, far more heavily armoured than she had noticed from a distance, and also carried a blade. Not the most common set of proficiencies, from what she had seen, but if it was effective, then all the power to her. Deciding it couldn't hurt to socialize a little while she rested, Celestia called out to Diana.

"Ah, hello there. Well met, my name is Celestia, a bit of a wandering hunter, of sorts... these foul things keep popping up all over the place, now, wreaking havoc. From what I saw, you are learned in the healing arts?"

Dammit! Peter thought to himself. Well, I can't leave him like this. . . He slung Wolfgang over his shoulder and shuffled over to Magali, pausing only to lay the unconscious man down. "Thanks for healing me earlier. You okay?" he asked her.

Cracking his neck, Declan slumped back to the ground with a sigh. That was... not a pleasant battle. At all. At least, not from what he remembered of it; the fact that he had two healers standing over him before he got up from a particularly nasty blow meant that he'd probably lost consciousness. Still, a tiny part of him wanted to just stay down after that...

(Eclipse you missed mel entirely ; ~ ; Oh well working with it.)

"'Ey! Quoi!?" shouted a surprised Melanie as Peter picked her subject right off of the ground. "I was not finished 'ealing 'im!" She stomped on over to where he'd dumped Wolfgang off, and continued to close up his wounds. "Franchement, did you not see me wis ze staff and ze 'ealing? I 'ope 'e will be alright after zat... 'Ello, Magali." Melanie gave the dancer an offhand reply as she was clearly frustrated with the healing situation.

Diana was taken slightly aback by the lady who initiated conversation with her. "I, uh..." Diana stammered over her words, and took a moment to recompose herself. "Yes, I do practice the healing arts..." Her voice trailed off. It's so hard to talk to strangers...

Diana stood silent for a little before realizing that she hadn't introduced herself. "Oh! I completely forgot to introduce myself... My name is Diana."

Edited by Curly Brace

Wolfgang was taken by surprise when the monk and the enemy pegasus knight ganged up on him, immediately getting knocked out.

-------

He slowly started dreaming about taking on a monster, one he had not faced yet, but could imagine from the lore he had read earlier about it. It looked like a hell hound, with most of its fur being of the colour beige, but having patches of dark-brown fur in some places. There were blood stains all over the body, and it had ferocious looking eyes. Not the kind of enemy one would like to face.

Wolfgang quickly conjured a ball of darkness and sent it flying towards the beast, but it took it head on, only being slightly brazen by it. The beast soon ran towards Wolfgang, who sent another ball of darkness to distract it while he conjured a barrier of dark magic just in time for him to escape its attack. Then, he slowly built up a powerful ball of dark energy enough to take down the beast, with sufficient enough distance to go through with the spell.

Everything happened in a few seconds- He sent his powerful ball of darkness towards the beast, preceeded by a moment's hesitation, and the beast easily dodged the attack by swaying to the side, finally taking a big leap, plunging its fangs into Wolfgang's jugular vein.

--------

Wolfgang gasped for breath as he came back to consciousness. "Ah! What... oh, th-thank you, Melanie. But... what... how?"

Edited by Bluedoom

"Diana, huh? It's a nice name... well, I'll likely talk with your boss over there in short order... the hordes are just getting too big to deal with solo, anymore... if I end up tagging along, I'll be in your care then, I suppose." Celestia replied... it was obvious from just that small exchange that Diana was a shy one... best not to press her too far.

Sheikah pushed herself off the ground with a heavy sigh, surveying the area a bit. She approached one of the newer recruits who had mentioned something or other about demon lords. "You're... Isaac, right?" she asked with some hesitation. "Did I get your name right? Anyway, would you mind lending me your lance for a little bit? I've been thinking about giving using 'em another try..."

Ivan not having to do the much. The peoples managing talk their way out farther fighting. Demon lady be talking Ivan again, though she seeming hazy.

"Isak? Me Ivan. Just be servant of demons."

"Certainful you can using it, demon la-- Sheikah? Err.. yes, here you have."

Ivan throwing over lance.

"Ivan! Sorry, that's right... won't forget it again," Sheikah apologized. His throw was unexpected, and she nearly dropped it. "Hey, be careful! You could hurt someone... and I mean, that's usually the idea of weapons, I guess, but I'd rather not get injured just in practice." She twirled it around to try and get a feel for the weapon. "I think I can use it fine... just want to try and broaden up my range of available roles to fill for fighting. Light magic is good, but sometimes you gotta get up close and personal, you know? Anyway, thanks for lending me this."

She headed back towards Privia, who seemed just as tired of battle as her rider. "I know it's tiring, but practicing on foot is useless. C'mon, girl," she spoke to the wyvern. After a few moments of coercion she took to the skies, practicing some of the basics that she remembered.

Melanie sighed. "Eet ees no problem, Peter. Do you need ze 'ealing too, zen? Eef you are so knocked about zat you ignore people?" She stuck her tongue out playfully, hoping he'd take it as a joke. And then there was Wolfgang. "What do you mean "'Ow?" I can use ze 'ealing staffs, and all zat. Donc, I juste 'ealed you. You were knocked about by some magic user, or somesing. Or one of ze pegasi. I do not remember."

"Ah, I see. I think I can vaguely remember that. I remember you taking a hard blow yourself in this battle. It must be exhausting for you to be healing me after that, are you feeling alright?" Wolfgang replied, expressing genuine concern about the young girl's well-being.

"Nothin' a hearty meal and a good night's rest won't be able to heal, mother!" Peter teased back. "Though it's good to see that your spirits are up. Even after dealing with his injuries," he continued, motioning towards Wolfgang. Edited by eclipse

After she felt she'd gotten enough practice in, Sheikah landed Privia somewhat roughly. How careless... tiredness from today must be getting to me more than I think. She dismounted her wyvern and sought out Ivan again. "Hey, thanks for letting me borrow this. If we pick up an extra lance, I think I might give it a try if it's a better situation." She handed the lance to him significantly more carefully than he had given it to her, then scanned for the other wyvern rider, finding him near Artemis.

"Are you alright? The arrow removal looked... rather painful, and taking a tumble like that mid-battle can't be a walk in the park either. And, umm..." She paused awkwardly, thinking how to word her next question properly and playing with her hair a bit. "Why does Ivan think us three are some sort of demon overlords? Is it magic, is it the wyverns, some combination, or something else entirely? I don't really want to break it to him if it'll cause us to lose a fighter, but I feel sorta bad for keeping him in the dark like this."

Edited by Reinfleche

"Yeah. A bit sore but otherwise I seem to be perfectly fine. Haven't tried standing yet though." Lugos froze when Sheikah brought up the demon lord thing. Had he honestly forgotten to tell her about that? Oops. "I'm pretty sure it's our magic, honestly. It probably doesn't help that I didn't correct him but hey, it was either that or kill him." Or let him run off I guess... "Should've probably told you about that right away though. Sorry about that boss."

"Well, let me know if you need any help, okay? We've got a lot ahead of us, and a big injury could really throw things off and get you in serious danger." She listened to his recounting a bit amused, but mostly feeling bad, biting her lip. "You should tell him the truth at some point... even if it's helpful, just lying to him like this gives me a bad taste in my mouth. And I think you should do it since you're the one who went along with it in the first place, so he'd probably take it better coming from you. Just... don't let it happen again, alright?"

Sheikah turned to the pegasus knight after her small chastising. "Artemis, have you been holding up alright out there? I know you don't like fighting other people and we're starting to run into more and more of them. If it ever becomes too much out there, just tell me, alright? It happens." She sighed after she finished speaking. What am I now, a mother?

Edited by Reinfleche

"Mozzer, franchement. I am ze youngest 'ere..." Mel laughed a little, glad that Peter was in a joking mood. As for being exhausted, was she? She thought about it... And then fell to her knees, taking a deep breath. "Ben, I guess I sort of am. I was all wrapped up in ze 'ealing zat I did not notice... Hahaha..." She took another deep breath and sighed.

"Easy there! You were busy saving everyone's bacon today." Peter unslung his canteen. "Need a drink? I've also got a bit of trail mix, if you're hungry." He then turned to Wolfgang. "I should have enough for the both of you. Some habits die hard, it seems."