QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, definitely not... All these things that this family considers expensive that people call cheap ;u;

At least we gotsa internet and tvs and sometimes air conditioning and a HOUSE and FOOD though!! =o

Pretty much anything I've been able to afford for myself (like those expensive DRESSES I so love to get~) has been from financial aid refunds x3

But I'm planning on getting a job after this summer break now that I am not in shcool anymore and then I can get my own money~!

Edited by Freohr Datia

Dad's dad was a millionaire, dad got an M.B.A. from M.I.T. We're around the $200,000 bracket. I think I've considered that close enough to rich in that I felt I didn't want for much materially growing up (or at least less so than some friends), though I felt nearer to the edge of middle-class than above it.

Edited by Rehab

yes and no

for my growing up period my family of four lived on my dad's lower-echelon air force enlisted paycheck and things were pretty tight even living on base

on the flipside, around when my dad retired (i was about 16) he ended up getting a higher-paying job going civilian for the air force and picking up a retirement pension on top of that, so we suddenly came into relatively fabulous fucking wealth

yes and no

for my growing up period my family of four lived on my dad's lower-echelon air force enlisted paycheck and things were pretty tight even living on base

on the flipside, around when my dad retired (i was about 16) he ended up getting a higher-paying job going civilian for the air force and picking up a retirement pension on top of that, so we suddenly came into relatively fabulous fucking wealth

Then I would say you mostly weren't, because this is whether you were brought up wealthy and 16 is pretty late on that end of things? It doesn't matter much tho.

Upper middle class. I'm probably better off than I realize, since I've gone to a private school my whole life so "sure we can spend $25k on vacations this year no problem" doesn't sound weird to me.

Middle class. Not private schools or luxury spending, though, so I suppose average middle class. We were always secure, though.

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah, I'd say that was the case because money never seemed to be an issue and both of my parents had (and still have) well paying jobs.

Question 306. Do you consider yourself/your upbringing wealthy?

Nah. I never really struggled the way ive seen so many struggle, but we were never really rich in the conventional sense. My family and i had some nice things, a comfortable home, and a disposable income, but not super wealthy. We didnt go around driving luxury cars and shit. I believe in living within my means so my idea of wealth is slightly different than others.

Nah. I never really struggled the way ive seen so many struggle, but we were never really rich in the conventional sense. My family and i had some nice things, a comfortable home, and a disposable income, but not super wealthy. We didnt go around driving luxury cars and shit. I believe in living within my means so my idea of wealth is slightly different than others.

I'm changing my answer to this