QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

Hypocrisy is the worst for me.

Slightly different, and not sure what world I should use, but lying/betraying yourself is the worst you could do.

I agree that open-mindness is really important.

Another quality I tend to appreciate more and more is enthusiasm, or amazement.

It's good to be cynical, but sometimes seeing someone overly excited about something really warms my cold heart.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk about worst personality traits. I appreciate laid back people cause theyre easier to be dumb with but no single trait will make me like or dislike you. and i dont really actively dislike many people, contrary to what you may think lol

I think this question should be what do you consider the most useful traits because this os quickly turning into "look how quirky i am" lol

I probably couldn't choose just one for each category...

I shall colour code this since it's a long explanation

If somebody's like me (except worse) and are unadaptable or inflexible and don't accept change very well, I think that that's not a very useful trait to have... Things are always going to be changing, sometimes a lot, and I think being able to adapt easily would be far better. That includes being stubborn too, because people need to be open to new ideas. Flexibility and open-mindedness are what I think are very useful to have. I definitely don't like hostility, I much prefer more peaceful =< Being unreliable doesn't sound like a good way to be either, while being reliable sounds like a very handy trait to have.

I think there's a good medium between optimism and pessimism, but I still lean a bit more toward optimism than pessimism. So I guess I'd place that kind of medium as a good trait?

I also think there's a good medium between being suspicious or mistrusting and being trusting. Either extreme is probably what I would say could be bad and definitely not a very helpful way to be. Though even if it'd still hurt themselves to be gullible, I still think it is nicer to be that over being distrustful~

This is probably entirely subjective/situational.

I think this question should be what do you consider the most useful traits because this os quickly turning into "look how quirky i am" lol

To be fair a big portion of the questions here are entirely subjective. Just like when people listed what they thought their D&D stats would be and everyone voted 18 intelligence -- oh.

Regardless, for best I'd say empathy, which is probably something I could do with more. Open-mindfulness, too.

For worst, a certain brand of arrogant contention that will cause you to argue simply because it goes against what the majority think. Failing that, laziness, which is something I possess.

adaptability is a huge one for me, i live by a philosophy that holds high the ability to be doing whatever one wants/needs to do within minutes of deciding to do it/learning it's required, and to roll changes (delays, extra work, etc) to the plan into the new plan seamlessly.

reliability is also big on me, especially wrt honoring commitments. if you've a place to be at a time, being there at that time should be the absolute least you can do, with showing up a few minutes early being the goal.

the converses of these go for worsts, it makes me sad when a plan gets delayed and instead of working harder on the new schedule things try to adhere to the old schedule and just slip behind and die. similarly, people being late for things. uguu.

the real best personality trait, though, is getting up early in the morning. the worst, on the other hand, is sleeping in past 9, with exceptions for people who actually work night shifts.

adaptability is a huge one for me, i live by a philosophy that holds high the ability to be doing whatever one wants/needs to do within minutes of deciding to do it/learning it's required, and to roll changes (delays, extra work, etc) to the plan into the new plan seamlessly.

reliability is also big on me, especially wrt honoring commitments. if you've a place to be at a time, being there at that time should be the absolute least you can do, with showing up a few minutes early being the goal.

the converses of these go for worsts, it makes me sad when a plan gets delayed and instead of working harder on the new schedule things try to adhere to the old schedule and just slip behind and die. similarly, people being late for things. uguu.

the real best personality trait, though, is getting up early in the morning. the worst, on the other hand, is sleeping in past 9, with exceptions for people who actually work night shifts.

Wow

I fit all your negatives and none of your positives

I feel like the reliability and being late must be directed at me ;u;

Best: Passion, patience and decisiveness.

Worst: Apathy, rashness and indecisiveness.

Edit: Forgot adaptability/versatility for best. Thanks, Integrity.

Edited by Makaze

i am all of the bad things and none of the good things

edit: i guess i'm adaptable in that there is no "plan" of any sort ever

Edited by fuccboi

Edit: Forgot adaptability/versatility for best. Thanks, Integrity.

;A;

Okay, I wasn't the first to come up with it either

I guess it's just the fact that they're on the previous page~

;A;

Okay, I wasn't the first to come up with it either

I guess it's just the fact that they're on the previous page~

Sorry. Didn't check.

edit: i guess i'm adaptable in that there is no "plan" of any sort ever

tbqh there is something admirable in working that way too imo

Best: The willingness to improve for the better, empathy, patience, humility, and smiles

Worst: Malice, unwillingness to improve for the better, dishonesty, bitterness

Note the lack of punctuality? It's called Hawaiian Time. :P:

Something something programming something

I coded a slideshow from javascript due to my dislike of powerpoint, and I'm making it into an engine to easily make more of them without needing javascript knowledge

That's not done yet though