QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motherfucker/ Mofo even though I don't use it often.

Fuck and Shit are up there as runner ups though

Edited by Bluedoom

What Lumi said.

There's probably something else but I can't remember it and don't care enough, and even if I did remember it I'm sure it still wouldn't be able to top that one.

Shit is a close runner up for almost as much versatility.

'almost' jesus you can replace any word with shit, man. i'd argue shit is even more versatile.

(my vote, right here)

I would say some in my language but no one would get them...well whatever

fuck is my favourite in english

μουνι της λασπης,
αρχιδι,

μπετοβλακα

Edited by James Bond

I would say some in my language but no one would get them...well whatever

fuck is my favourite in english

μουνι της λασπης,

αρχιδι,

μπετοβλακα

Google Translate gives an, uh, interesting ...and probably faithful enough translation for the first one.

As Thor said, I suppose the F word is the most versatile. And when used as a filler word may be even slightly more meaningful than "like" and the like. But fuck if I have a particular favorite.

Edited by Wist

I approve this QOTD .

I once saw fuckbunkies, and read it at "fuckbunnies", which would be an amazing swear word if it existed

In French, it would be "Foutredieu". It have Fuck and God, which makes him really offensive, yet it seems really elevated in a way.

Google Translate gives an, uh, interesting ...and probably faithful enough translation for the first one.

As Thor said, I suppose the F word is the most versatile. And when used as a filler word may be even slightly more meaningful than "like" and the like. But fuck if I have a particular favorite.

if what you saw is

cunt of the mud

then yes, the second one means dick, and the third one is something silly actually that I can't translate

I once saw fuckbunkies, and read it at "fuckbunnies", which would be an amazing swear word if it existed

In Chinese there's an insult "小兔崽子“, which generally means brat but literally means little bunny babies

except the connotations here is not oh hey cute bunnies and actually insulting

Chinese swears are amusing, though they like to use my favorite animals as insults :c

A lot of them also feel a lot stronger than English swears like I can throw around fuck and not give a shit about it but you won't see me throwing around "我操“ unless I'm really mad

Edited by Thor Odinson

In Chinese there's an insult "小兔崽子“, which generally means brat but literally means little bunny babies

except the connotations here is not oh hey cute bunnies and actually insulting

Chinese swears are amusing, though they like to use my favorite animals as insults :c

A lot of them also feel a lot stronger than English swears like I can throw around fuck and not give a shit about it but you won't see me throwing around "我操“ unless I'm really mad

That's really interresting.

Thanks for the information.

It's actually a pretty interresting subject.

I wonder how many linguists researched it.