QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

Sky or underground: Underground. I am afraid of heights. What if I started sleepwalking and walked off the edge of the sky island???

Name: no, I wouldn't change. I don't care enough.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my name is terrible but I have no idea what I'd change it to if I could, l0l

so I probably wouldn't change it given the chance

I prefer to be addressed as my middle name IRL, I might change my actual first name to it in the future, or maybe not.

Edited by Knight

Absolutely. NOT. My dad and my mom's dad fucking agreed on something, and I'll not let that go to waste!

Legally? Not really. Can't think of any reason to care what the law calls me.

because it's on documents, officials will call you by it, teachers and professors will address you by it, cops will address you by it, you'll vote under it, if you don't like that name and prefer a different name then surely being called by the name you prefer as consistently and often as possible is better, you know, for the purpose of answering the spirit of the question where there are literally no drawbacks and you don't have to go through the trouble of official paperwork, it's answering a fucking question

I might, but heck if I know to what. Probably not, in fact, since there's no guarantee that anything I come up with won't be worse than what my parents thought of. If I could change my last name that'd be nice; it kind of sucks that my fiancee, who has a really cool last name, has to take my boring short plain last name. But again, to what, I dunno.

Edited by BANRYU

it kind of sucks that my fiancee, who has a really cool last name, has to take my boring short plain last name.

Why does she?

and yes i get that she's your fiancee and what that implies, my point stands

Edited by Parrhesia

Because she already occupies most of the pants in this relationship and I told her unless she wants to cut my dick off and glue it onto herself to go all the way with it as well, she might as well let me have that.

I'll get back to you on how much I'm actually joking there

But nah, I dunno, I'm not brave enough to break the tradition of the woman taking the man's last name I guess.

because it's on documents, officials will call you by it, teachers and professors will address you by it, cops will address you by it, you'll vote under it, if you don't like that name and prefer a different name then surely being called by the name you prefer as consistently and often as possible is better, you know, for the purpose of answering the spirit of the question where there are literally no drawbacks and you don't have to go through the trouble of official paperwork, it's answering a fucking question

Right, I don't think any of those things are especially important.

I guess I would choose Makaze (if I had to). Better a name I chose than someone else's.

I'm kind of indecisive. The public isn't fond of single, chosen names without surnames.

Edited by Makaze

Because she already occupies most of the pants in this relationship and I told her unless she wants to cut my dick off and glue it onto herself to go all the way with it as well, she might as well let me have that.

I'll get back to you on how much I'm actually joking there

But nah, I dunno, I'm not brave enough to break the tradition of the woman taking the man's last name I guess.

it isn't your choice though, it's her choice whether or not to take your surname

it isn't your choice though, it's her choice whether or not to take your surname

Oh yeah, that's true.

I guess you'd have to ask her about that though? I don't really know her exact reason for wanting to take mine, though I'd guess it's something similar to what I said.... though probably it's more along the lines of devotion and caring than cowardice because she's a much better person than I am lol

I was gonna be named either Zachary or Corey and my parents went for the latter. I think I like Zachary better. Though were my name Zachary I'd probably have the opposite opinion.

The annoying thing is though, if you take certain name translations/etymology of my name...my first and middle name is:

Corey Dean

Corey translates to "Helmet" (or something akin to dirty homeless guy).

Dean translates to "Head"

I am Helmet Head.

Edited by jiodi

EARTH

Because geology and because as taurus I am also earth =o

Though often according to personality quizzes, I'm not so much earth... and I'm usually more like water

So I guess I'm like mud ^o^

Either wind or water. Want to say wind. Depends on the situation.

If I care about the subject but have no investment, I am water. If I am especially invested, I am wind.

Edited by Makaze