QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Makaze lighten up man

That's a polite way for them to tell you to eat a dick. :V

What?!

My life has been a lie.

Edited by Makaze

I tend to be generally too laid back, and then decide to be too serious about an inconsequential matter.

I tend to proscratinate far too much and at the end no one trust me for good reason.

So... Yeah, being too serious is better. People may hate you, but at least you'll get the job done.

That's the most important.

Edited by shytende

i'd rather err on the side of not serious enough (says mr. stop having fun)

since the question isn't 'take nothing seriously at all or take everything way too seriously' i think it's generally better to give everything an honest try but not to get too wrapped up in the details of the thing and just relax about it a little

you'll live longer and, in my experience, probably do a better job of it

I always took the not serious enough path, but realized it's probably better in the long run to be more serious than necessary. Just so you don't end up seeming unreliable to everyone around you.

I think I'd rather be not serious. Obviously any extreme is a no-no, but as far as those two go I'd lean towards the too easygoing side of things.

Edited by Specta

Better to be too serious IMO, since you're less likely to offend people and the consequences of being too serious aren't as bad as the consequences of not being serious enough, to me. I already deal with the consequences of being too serious quite often, and I don't find it that bad.

I'd rather be not serious enough ((oop thats me IRL)) because you're not going to make any worthwhile friends if you have a reputation as being stuffy. I'd rather be known for being a fun guy than someone stuffy. But ultimately it's about a balance. That's whats important. But If I had to pick an extreme, not serious wins hands down.

There are times to be serious, there are times to be silly, I wish to be recognized as the man who can determine these times.

There are times to be serious, there are times to be silly, I wish to be recognized as the man who can determine these times.

that's not really in the spirit of the question.

I have the true answer to this question.

Examples of non-serious people:

i'd rather err on the side of not serious enough (says mr. stop having fun)

Not serious.

I think I'd rather be not serious.

Not serious.

Not serious at all.

Examples of serious people:

I'm always serious.

I am super cereal all the time and I can proudly exclaim that being completely srs is the right thing to do

Checkmate atheists.

Question 275. Would you rather live in the underground or in a city in the sky?

like all my most SPECTAcular questions i cannot take credit for this

(i wish i could)

City in the sky! The view be wonderful and the thinner air would increase endurance.

Edited by Makaze

Oh man this is hard

Pros (Air):

The view is fucking great

Pros (Underground):

Probably cooler in the summer: see basements -- I fucking hate the heat

Tornado-proof

Cons (Air):

Dead if I fall off
Easy target for lightning

Not Tornado-proof

Cons (Underground):

Damp as fuck

Earthquakes

The wifi is probably worse

As a person who works primarily with electronics and tech, I think I may have to give up the spectacular view even if the wifi's gonna suck

That is, unless there's also technology that just turns all the lightning that hits my house into electricity I can use later in which case hell yeah great view great wifi too

Edited by Thor Odinson

Living in the sky sounds better to me than becoming mole people, so...

On a related note, do we get loftwings?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Oh man this is hard

Pros (Air):

The view is fucking great

Pros (Underground):

Probably cooler in the summer: see basements -- I fucking hate the heat

Tornado-proof

Cons (Air):

Dead if I fall off

Easy target for lightning

Not Tornado-proof

Cons (Underground):

Damp as fuck

Earthquakes

The wifi is probably worse

As a person who works primarily with electronics and tech, I think I may have to give up the spectacular view even if the wifi's gonna suck

That is, unless there's also technology that just turns all the lightning that hits my house into electricity I can use later in which case hell yeah great view great wifi too

Wouldn't a city in the sky be the most technologically advanced place? How would it stay afloat otherwise?