QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sleep on my front, with my head turned to the side from the pillow and resting on both arms (well, one of my hands tends to actually grab my head while I'm sleeping or trying to sleep). I used to sleep on my back but suddenly that seems to have stopped working, and sleeping on my front started to work. I tend to sleep on a really flat pillow. I don't have any pets that I sleep with, but I often sleep with the blue Dragon Quest Slime I stole from Ein on the free part of the bed, and sometimes I put my cell phone face-down on that area too (while it charges).

i need some sort of noise, i cant sleep in silence. i like my fan on.

also over the winter my nasal passage would get super dry and bleed, so i installed a humidifier that produces enough light for me to see in the room without illuminating the room completely.

I need white noise of some sort for when i sleep. And circulated air. So a fan going is preferable.

I sleep on my side(s) mostly and with a pillow over the side of my head. (yeah im weird like that)

I sleep on my back or tummy (sometimes when I try laying on my sides it doesn't really work out as well, though I can manage it eventually), blanket (and I don't exactly sleep tidily when it comes to blankets because my feet always always get cold and the only way I can prevent it is by wrapping the bottom edge of my blanket around my feet since just laying a blanket nearly over them doesn't work), pillow, complete or at least near complete darkness (light is too distracting for me somehow =<), and a fan running to block out noise. I prefer cool/cold temperatures for sleeping. I point my fan away from me if it's too cold~

I can't do well sleeping less than 8 hours so I aim to get over that amount x3 I usually sleep beyond that time easily unless there's something I'm too excited/nervous for or some noise goes on to wake me up (and I'm generally a very very light sleeper) or sleeping conditions aren't quite optimal. I feel like I need veeeeeery specific sleeping conditions so I try my best to keep it just right ;u;

Edited by Freohr Datia

Suggesting "In your opinion, what are the best/worst personality traits?"

Might overlap with some of the older questions but there ya go.

I have a better idea.

Question 271. In your opinion, what are the best and worst personality traits to possess?

I think you'll find my idea far superior :smug:

I want to say tolerance/open-mindedness for best (and their antitheses as worst), but I may want to think on it a bit more as well.

Yeah, obviously some things shouldn't be tolerated... It comes down to the situation and the judgment of the individual, I guess.

Maybe I'll say good judgment for best and intolerance for worst (or the reverse of that) then lol

EDIT: Oh. Meh... is equally true of my response though I think. I stand by the modified answer in any case.

Edited by BANRYU

Laid back, tolerant, hardworking, I guess.

Presumptuous/arrogant, high-strung, holier-than-thou, etc. attitudes are the worst.

A sense of humor is amazing and does wonders. If you are a joyless person, you will be miserable.

Presumption and outright arrogance is bullshit and people need to cut that shit out.

Diligence, empathy and confidence are the three most important traits. I can't stand the intolerant or wilfully ignorant.

I personally can't stand people who nag or those who never let an issue drop even when everybody knows their stance on that particular issue. Overly loud and tough wannabes also irritate me. Oh yeah, and people who think they're the shit just because they have a certain quality.

Patience, empathy and loyalty are some of the best traits.

Edited by Frosted Fire Flakes

Compassion is great

Open-mindedness is pretty cool too

Mean-spiritedness (especially coupled with cowardice and/or a sense of entitlement) is not great

I can't stand people who harass and abuse others for daring to have divergent opinions especially under the mask of anonymity

weakshits

Edited by Thor Odinson

I honestly can't choose which ones are the best or the worst. I can't say, for example, that I definitely like a humble person over an interesting person for sure, or that I dislike a person with no sense of humour more than a person who is condescending. They all have something to add, or something to detract.

However, I will say that I very much like pleasantness and cheerfulness in a person. Or at least, no doom and gloom. Optimism is a great plus.

(geddit)

Edited by Nightmare

(so profound)

Honestly, I have a hard time with this one as well. I tend to like people with different personality traits than my own for some reason. Some of the former answers are definitely things I'd totally steal because I'm lacking any semblance of originality agree with. Some examples are open mindedness, laid back attitude (not necessarily all of the time, but at least in more casual settings), empathy, confidence, optimism (somehow I'm an optimist and a pessimist, I don't...know) the list goes on; there are a lot of good personality traits apparently! Can't think of any personality traits for the worst, unless ignorance qualifies which doesn't really seem like a personality trait at all but that's the best I got; to clarify, I mean willful ignorance here. Intolerance too I guess? I mean it really depends on the subject matter in question, I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of closed mindedness.

Edited by Refa