NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Ohio and Maryland would hate the Steelers. XD

Also, people in Arizona hating them reminded me, I once met this guy from Arizona that was a Steeler fan and he said that during Super Bowl 43, he was the only person that showed up somewhere wearing black and gold. Poor guy lol.

But I'm guessing Arizonans hate us because of that Super Bowl. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Asia and South America have the right idea!

Although it's pretty immature for Arizona to hate the Steelers just cause they beat them in the Super Bowl. I mean seriously, just get over it.

Funny how Africa hates America's team. Those maps are pretty entertaining, granted they're not very accurate.

Edited by Master Awesome

The Steelers are America's Team, actually. They earned it fairly recently though, after officials decided that looking at things again, they deserved it more. The Steelers not only have the most Super Bowl wins, but also appear to be the most popular team in the league. They also have the most AFC championship wins.

I'm not saying this because they're my favorite team, I actually read this in an article online that my stepdad showed me. I was really pleasantly surprised!

Speaking of the Steelers, btw, their offense and defense seem to be looking sharp! They tied up against each other in the last practice. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Although it's pretty immature for Arizona to hate the Steelers just cause they beat them in the Super Bowl. I mean seriously, just get over it.

I don't think you understand; this is a team who won more playoff games that year than their entire history combined. There's a very good reason why they should hate the Steelers; it's the only franchise to ever inflict anything resembling heartbreak to them because they've been so mediocre to poor. You're a Bears fan so you've actually seen playoff wins, have a Super Bowl appearance in your lifetime, an NFCCG appearance, etc. Cardinals have been to the playoffs 6 times in the Super Bowl era (one in a strike shortened year), and only 3 times in my lifetime. Two of those times were 2008-2009. They are 5-6 in the playoffs btw, 4 of those five playoff wins were with Warner as QB (2008-2009).

The Steelers are America's Team, actually. They earned it fairly recently though, after officials decided that looking at things again, they deserved it more. The Steelers not only have the most Super Bowl wins, but also appear to be the most popular team in the league. They also have the most AFC championship wins.

The America's Team moniker has been the Cowboys' for a long, long time. If you're using championships then it's the Packers who are America's team because they have the most NFL Championships ever (including but not limited to Super Bowls) whereas the Steelers were pathetic before the 70s.

At any rate, I'm not saying this because they're my favorite team, I actually read this in an article online that my stepdad showed me. I was really pleasantly surprised!

Confirmation bias. You believe the article because they're your favorite team. At any rate wikipedia contradicts you lol

Maybe I'm just a hipster but why would one take pride in rooting for an extremely popular team? The most joyous feeling is when your team wins the Super Bowl and nobody knows who the fuck they are.

Anyway anyone watching the hall of fame game? I'm surprised that the Giants' first team is still in.

Edited by Lord Raven

The America's Team moniker has been the Cowboys' for a long, long time. If you're using championships then it's the Packers who are America's team because they have the most NFL Championships ever (including but not limited to Super Bowls) whereas the Steelers were pathetic before the 70s.

Confirmation bias. You believe the article because they're your favorite team. At any rate wikipedia contradicts you lol

Wikipedia is known to be inaccurate. And nope, I believe the article because it made a good argument for why the Steelers deserve the title. I wasn't ONLY going by championships, you know, if you'd read my post correctly. The article mentioned other reasons besides championships and popularity by the way, I just don't remember what they were. It's been awhile since I last saw it.

Wikipedia is known to be inaccurate. And nope, I believe the article because it made a good argument for why the Steelers deserve the title. I wasn't ONLY going by championships, you know, if you'd read my post correctly. The article mentioned other reasons besides championships and popularity by the way, I just don't remember what they were. It's been awhile since I last saw it.

I have a semi-credible source and you just have your own memory. Who has an argument here?

More arguments, if you don't want to sift through it, it does a lot of detail statistical analysis that manages to give the Cowboys the title. Saying "I just remember it had good arguments but I don't remember the article" makes it clear to me that it was just confirmation bias and you probably didn't read much more than the title.

I have a semi-credible source and you just have your own memory. Who has an argument here?

More arguments, if you don't want to sift through it, it does a lot of detail statistical analysis that manages to give the Cowboys the title. Saying "I just remember it had good arguments but I don't remember the article" makes it clear to me that it was just confirmation bias and you probably didn't read much more than the title.

Then I can say you just have bias against the Steelers since you're a Ravens fan. I'd dig up the article if I could, but I have no idea where it was.

I actually have an article w/ analysis, are you unable to process anything that doesn't suck off the Steelers? I think you are.

I think most people in this thread will agree with me when I say that the Cowboys were dubbed America's Team. It's a fairly bull shit title and I hate the Cowboys regardless, but it's definitely not a perception you'll ever change with one article that's so obscure you can't even find it.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah I haven't been active on the internet in three months so I momentarily forgot that Ana doesnt listen to anyone but herself, shame on me for almost provoking a dumb argument by assuming she was capable of conversation

I actually have an article w/ analysis, are you unable to process anything that doesn't suck off the Steelers? I think you are.

I think most people in this thread will agree with me when I say that the Cowboys were dubbed America's Team. It's a fairly bull shit title and I hate the Cowboys regardless, but it's definitely not a perception you'll ever change with one article that's so obscure you can't even find it.

I...really have no idea what you just said in that first line.

But whatever, this is a pointless argument anyway. You believe what you want to.

EDIT: Excuse me, I listen to a lot of people and am perfectly capable of conversation. Think before you go shouting insults about other people, please.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think you understand; this is a team who won more playoff games that year than their entire history combined. There's a very good reason why they should hate the Steelers; it's the only franchise to ever inflict anything resembling heartbreak to them because they've been so mediocre to poor. You're a Bears fan so you've actually seen playoff wins, have a Super Bowl appearance in your lifetime, an NFCCG appearance, etc. Cardinals have been to the playoffs 6 times in the Super Bowl era (one in a strike shortened year), and only 3 times in my lifetime. Two of those times were 2008-2009. They are 5-6 in the playoffs btw, 4 of those five playoff wins were with Warner as QB (2008-2009).

1. I'm not a Bears fan, I'm a Jets fan (for better or for worse), so I haven't seen anything in my lifetime worth while.

And 2, I don't need to understand anything. It's my personal opinion that Cardinals fans should just get over it. If I was a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't hate the Steelers, rather I'd be pissed at Kurt Warner for throwing the ball directly to James Harrison before half time. I'm not a stranger to devastating losses at all, but I don't blame anyone else but the Jets.

I don't dislike teams because they beat my favorite team. I just think that's stupid. The Cardinals were outplayed, and that's it. I dislike teams for more complicated and in-depth reasons.

But alas, that is merely my own opinion. If Cardinal fans still hate the Steelers, then whatever. I'm sure they have more pressing matters to worry about in the 49ers, Rams, and Seahawks.

Edited by Master Awesome

wikipedia is known to be extremely accurate. especially in the last few years or so. it's old farts that hang onto the idea wikipedia isn't worth its own [figurative] weight in gold. wikipedia is beautiful, haha.

yeah, i'd agree. but it is a bullshit title. the cowboy's are a buncha stinkers, anyway.

Anybody else getting déjà vu from this argument?

yep. i'm also tired of reading about the steelers. :/ i wish there were more west coasttm fans here to discuss nfc west. a few people here know a fair bit, but there's no one for me to trash talk/joke around with haha.

also i just saw those hate maps. those are hilarious. it's from r/nfl right?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

And 2, I don't need to understand anything. It's my personal opinion that Cardinals fans should just get over it. If I was a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't hate the Steelers, rather I'd be pissed at Kurt Warner for throwing the ball directly to James Harrison before half time. I'm not a stranger to devastating losses at all, but I don't blame anyone else but the Jets.

I don't dislike teams because they beat my favorite team. I just think that's stupid. The Cardinals were outplayed, and that's it. I dislike teams for more complicated and in-depth reasons.

You're a Jets fan - so you've seen two AFCCG trips in your lifetime, among other playoff trips (including a 41-0 shutout of the Colts). You also actually have a heated rivalry in your division between the Pats/Dolphins/Bills. Cardinals fans have had none of that; they were "good" during a time where the NFCW was horrific, they changed divisions multiple times cause no one gave a shit about them (you know they went from the NFCW to the NFCE back to the NFCW again right?). The football culture there is just significantly different to one that you or I are used to.

yep. i'm also tired of reading about the steelers. :/ i wish there were more west coasttm fans here to discuss nfc west. a few people here know a fair bit, but there's no one for me to trash talk/joke around with haha.

Broncos are my #2 team but... unfortunately I cant talk much shit. I'm not a Rams/Cardinals/Seahawks fan but I do support those three teams due to their history of mediocrity and their recent rise (as well as the GSOT). Weren't you a Rams/49ers fan? We definitely have a Super Bowl we could be talking shit about! And I follow the Saints a fair bit - there's a 2011 playoff run somewhere, and I think the Saints eliminated the GSOT in the 2000 playoff run.

also i just saw those hate maps. those are hilarious. it's from r/nfl right?

Yep!

EDIT: Another interesting tidbit I found on /r/nfl was this:

LXxMh0j.png

The 2007 Patriots? 3.5 points per drive or something around that. There's an image somewhere about how the Patriots, at some point, had 102 possessions and 51 TDs. The former was the least in the NFL, the latter was the most. That means that 50% of the time they got the ball, they scored a TD. Holy shit.

Edited by Lord Raven

The 2007 Patriots? 3.5 points per drive or something around that. There's an image somewhere about how the Patriots, at some point, had 102 possessions and 51 TDs. The former was the least in the NFL, the latter was the most. That means that 50% of the time they got the ball, they scored a TD. Holy shit.

Thank God those days are over. I wonder how far the Broncos' offense will go in the upcoming year(s). I'm sure it'll revolve around Manning's timetable, but the entire team has done nothing but improve over the past few years.

I'm not a Broncos fan, but does anyone know if they have a plan for the future? (A quarterback after Manning?)

They drafted Brock Osweiler in the second round of 2012... rumor has it he's looking kinda sharp. He has good mechanics, he's tall, and he's got an arm, I think he may be decently athletic as well. He was basically hand-picked by Elway. I think he's a little raw with reading defenses and needs to get onto the mental portion of the game, but the expectations are fairly low for him and I don't know if he'll be more like Aaron Rodgers or Matt Leinart. They COULD always bring back Tebow...

As for their offense this coming year - they downgraded at WR2 from Eric Decker to Emmanuel Sanders. It has yet to be seen how this will affect their offense, but Decker was massive, strong, fast, and ran his routes well; he's a very prototypical WR2 and not a bad WR1. Sanders wasn't anything particularly special on the Steelers, though, so I have no idea how he's gonna turn out. They have Julius Thomas as a receiving TE and Welker in the slot (and Welker's still one of the best slot receivers around - he has a ridiculous number of first downs and he can slip past defenders easily). Demaryius Thomas is a beast all on his own, too; fast, huge, powerful, and excellent with screens.

I doubt they'll have the volume numbers they had last year (and I don't believe we witnessed one of the GOAT offenses - even if you look at PPD you should also note that they didn't tend to outscore opponents until later in the game). I think Ball/Hillman can carry the load instead of Moreno (whose only really good quality were his hands and pass blocking). Ryan Clady is back though, but if the oline plays anything like it did in the Super Bowl they will struggle this year against Buffalo, New England, New York Jets, Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, a healthy Kansas City, a healthy Cincinnati, and Indianapolis. If this team wants to stand a chance, their defense has to stay healthy and their offense has to play more ball control instead of running up the score, so they can have a healthy running/passing balance. If they can run the ball better than last year, then they're the scariest team in the NFL; if they can't then they will struggle mightily.

The 2012 squad was a much, much better team than the 2013 squad. I think the Broncos improved between 2011 and 2012 solely because Tebow was replaced with Manning, but between 2012 and 2013 they took a step back with losing basically half of their defense to injury or a fax machine.

yep. i'm also tired of reading about the steelers. :/

You do realize that Steeler news wasn't the ONLY news I ever talked about? I also posted about stuff regarding the Texans, hell, even the Ravens, whom I've never liked (even though they DID keep the Niners from getting the same number of Super Bowl wins as the Steelers. Believe me, I AM thankful for that lol).

Also, since I follow the Steelers on Facebook, obviously I'm going to hear more about them than any other team. Deal with it.

Changing the subject, it seems the preseason has begun. There was a game already, Giants vs Bills (the Giants won). But only one game? When are the other teams playing? xP

Yes. Also David Wilson's done. He's retiring if you can call it that. That is... That's scary. Looked good his rookie year, but I guess that's the sport for you.

I made a Steeler logo sprite to use in my sig for the season. ^^

I can make sprites of your favorite teams' logos sometime as well if you guys want. :) I should make a Panthers one to add to my sig as well. I'll pass on the Dolphins though, I'm way more supportive of the Steelers and Panthers these days. Besides, Steelers vs Panthers is the only possible Super Bowl matchup involving the Steelers out of those three. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I'm still waiting for a Steelers/Eagles Superbowl so Pennsylvania will split. I honestly think a war would break out if that actually happened. We need to settle dominance in PA, cuz some of these fans are nuts. Every time I look to my left I see Steelers fans and every time I look to my right I see Eagles fans.

It's scary...

A war based on a football team rivalry? That'd be ridiculous. lol

Besides, the Steeler fans already have a big rivalry with peeps in Ohio and Ravens fans. :P

Edited by Anacybele