Training Filler - Game Over

Grace

Town had very experienced players subbing in, too, and the mentors had a metric fuckton of leeway in posting for their players. Seeing as Junko isn't great and I'm no stellar moofia expert, I don't think that Town was totally at a talent deficit there.

Name those "very experienced players" for me, Terrador. Cam subbed in at a point when he wasn't keeping up with the game. The mentors had a lot of leeway in being able to post for their players, but this was NOT limited to town only. And, arguably, the only mentor who actually did anything on behalf of his player was Baldrick (AND YOU DAMN NEARLY BIT OFF HIS HEAD FOR IT) since the rest of us were either fucking around being unserious or giving general game advice.

You're not a "stellar moofia expert", but you excel at being scum and you had more experience than all the town players except for Poly, GP, and FFM (sorry, I forgot you exised, FFM). And I'd argue that your level of experience is on par or maybe a little better than GP and FFM's. Junko may not have been great, but he existed and did better than Vash, Dudeaga, ZM, and Blyvern. He at least got Dudeaga and ZM lynched before himself, and he HAD mafia experience unlike Vash, Dudeaga, and Blyvern.

tl;dr town didn't start by having a talent deficit but a lot of our townies flaked or forgot the game existed (and had no experience at all). The scum team minus one started off with players who had experience, but I am most upset about Eury getting to sub in for her mentee when she was the most experienced person in the game.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Town had very experienced players subbing in, too, and the mentors had a metric fuckton of leeway in posting for their players. Seeing as Junko isn't great and I'm no stellar moofia expert, I don't think that Town was totally at a talent deficit there.

Town had only one sub and that was Cam.

His experience didn't exactly show.

ngl saying the town's talent/experience pool compares to scum's is pretty straight wrong

i was the only "experienced" town player in this game, subbed in during d3 without having really followed d1/d2 (i had skimmed it but wasn't really paying attention): i'm also really bad at this game. makaze was alright (actually extremely good) but missed out on a few key things (mostly related to eury; that i was the only one who thought that junko might be bussing is something i can probably narrow down to my gut being more developed but the fact that nobody- myself included -realized that scum really couldn't have let a confirmed townie live was pretty bad). ciraxis appears to follow my methodology of "yeah that looks really weird and doesn't make sense to me, MUST BE SCUM" which occasionally works but isn't actually the best way to go about things

meanwhile eury and terra are both better than me, and then having refa (also way better than me) as a mentor is just icing

Edited by CT075

>me being better than Cam at moofia

...that's genuinely hilarious. But if anything, the one thing that I was worried about for Town is that the setup would be a bit lopsided. 9:3 and forced hamerlynch is... not very town-friendly, especially since we had MYLO going on for some time.

meanwhile eury and terra are both better than me, and then having refa (also way better than me) as a mentor is just icing

Honestly, I didn't really do anything except some general tips in the Scum QT and the gambit that I posted earlier. If you posted more GIFs, you could match my power level.

EDIT Also you forgot SB for the mentor thing. SCUM HAD IT GOOD, although I think scum would need to have generally better players in any game to stand a chance.

Edited by Refa

I was joking

Good job. You had me convinced.

Honestly, I didn't really do anything except some general tips in the Scum QT and the gambit that I posted earlier. If you posted more GIFs, you could match my power level.

EDIT Also you forgot SB for the mentor thing. SCUM HAD IT GOOD, although I think scum would need to have generally better players in any game to stand a chance.

It fooled me, so I applaud you.

I hope I won't fall for it next time.

Terra, I'd rate you as one of the most competent people to be opposed to town. The key to playing anti-town is convincing people to not lynch or vig you, and you are very good at that.

Edited by Baldrick

Wasn't really playing much attention after I found out something I shouldn't have and had to be subbed out as mentor :V

Makaze played a good game; the main thing I noticed that you might want to change is that you look at things and reason them out and then vote, but there's a lot of discussion that should be going on as well, especially in LYLO (this is something that other people were doing as well).

Also Eury why didn't you vote the person who claimed an investigative result on you that you knew to be false?

Also also someone explain again why Dude, the uncounterclaimed Doctor, was lynched?

Pretty sure the investigation result was true. :V

Junko got lynched for being HONEST. Also as for the un CC'd Doc, well it's SF.

I think it's more likely that the mentors were having too much of an influence on their mentees and deserve to be punished for such a flagrant violation of the rules

E: to be perfectly clear this is a joke

Edited by Euklyd

alsdja;lfjsdlfjaasdfasd IT'S OVER! Now, what I've wanted to say to a few of you. . .

GP: I did NOT tell my mentee "here drop some random info in case you're lynched and if you're not the mafia might pick it up and shoot you" - first, no one should go into a game with the mentality that they must defend themselves from lynches, and second, why would I let my mentee give out role info to the general public voluntarily? I wasn't mad when you doubted my mentee's claim, but the crumb logic was terrible, and IMO should not be used again to justify a possible fake. EVER.

Makaze: I had you pinned as a scumread on D1. Your arguments were good, and then you threw in things like "please convince me", which looks like you're dodging responsibility for your own reads. Fortunately, that disappeared later in the game. Otherwise, that was a good showing.

Terrador: I told my mentee that you should've been the D1 lynch. If you're scum, do NOT point out how pro-town you are - if you really are that pro-town, your actions will speak for themselves.

Ciraxis: I have no idea why you were even considered a lynch target - you were my strongest town read.

Oh, right, about that "threat" in Dude's claim - what I didn't want was for some vanilla townie to go "I'm positive that Dude's scum, so I'm going to CC doc and play the hero~!" Yes, that's happened before, and it's something I didn't want to see.

Also also someone explain again why Dude, the uncounterclaimed Doctor, was lynched?

DOC D1 TURBOLUNCH SF TRADITION WE DONT NEED NO DOCS ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS DARROS OR ELIESON

HolycrapIcantakeafewminutestofinallypost! Also, 1.5~2 day bus rides suck. REALLY BAD. (Car/motion sickness = I ate like, once daily, and couldn't sleep much at all during said rides. Shoot me now. =____='')

To answer these:

tbh in hindsight it should've been really obvious - why opt into an extremely difficult 1v1 and then not kill the confirmed town in 4p LYLO? there's basically only one scenario in which that makes sense (the "obvtown" is scum), i didn't think of it until i got back to my computer (and lo and behold the game was over -_-)

I was fairly convinced Vash/Camtech was actually the third scum until Makaze claimed vanilla, since at that point there were 5 supposed vanilla townies which more or less cleared Camtech in my eyes. I don't know if I actually would've voted Eury over Pascal though.

I was suprised I was killed on the last night instead of Makaze, thought for sure he'd be the most likely target for NK.

All in all I enjoyed the game, but it really does require a lot of commitment. It's probably something I'd participate in rarely.

I chose GC to be the NK for a few reasons:

1. I was leaving Cam/Pascal alive to be candidates for mislynching.

2. Makaze was townie, and trusted in me enough to agree with finding Pascal suspicious. Thus, I felt better keeping him around over GC, since GC seemed to be wall-sitting moreso than he was in terms of reads on the rest of the people.

3. I was actually worried about Cam/Makaze slots. I didn't bank on them both being VT for a while, and expected one of them to have rolled BP, which would've caused me a lot of issues in terms of NK's (which is why I hesitated to shoot Makaze, because his gameplay as a whole shouted either VT (had nothing to lose by being super vocal/prominent), or BP (wanted to be in the main spotlight in order to garner scum attention/priority).

(I also had assumed for a while that Pascal = Mayor, since he seemed extremely dodgy with his voting pattern/cases, and always seemed to avoid (until the last day phase or so) to vote someone who was at L-2. Turns out he was another VT though, oh well.)

This game was interesting while it lasted (although I totally called the loss the moment ZM rolled vanilla townie), and at least this game got SOME scum lynches. The only thing I didn't agree with was letting Eury sub in for her mentee, especially since Eury had more experience than anyone else playing in the game. 2/3 of the scum team being people with experience before her subbing in also made me kind of leery.

Yeah, town had GP and Poly, but when a good portion of the town had never played before and some had just disappeared off the face of the earth, once I found out the scum team I felt like town was disadvantaged just by players. (And I especially felt as such after Eury subbed in.)

Name those "very experienced players" for me, Terrador. Cam subbed in at a point when he wasn't keeping up with the game. The mentors had a lot of leeway in being able to post for their players, but this was NOT limited to town only. And, arguably, the only mentor who actually did anything on behalf of his player was Baldrick (AND YOU DAMN NEARLY BIT OFF HIS HEAD FOR IT) since the rest of us were either fucking around being unserious or giving general game advice.

You're not a "stellar moofia expert", but you excel at being scum and you had more experience than all the town players except for Poly, GP, and FFM (sorry, I forgot you exised, FFM). And I'd argue that your level of experience is on par or maybe a little better than GP and FFM's. Junko may not have been great, but he existed and did better than Vash, Dudeaga, ZM, and Blyvern. He at least got Dudeaga and ZM lynched before himself, and he HAD mafia experience unlike Vash, Dudeaga, and Blyvern.

tl;dr town didn't start by having a talent deficit but a lot of our townies flaked or forgot the game existed (and had no experience at all). The scum team minus one started off with players who had experience, but I am most upset about Eury getting to sub in for her mentee when she was the most experienced person in the game.

1. I continuously prodded/asked Manix if someone could sub in (and to be fair, I had figured Cam would be opting to fill said slot). However, no one came forward, and half of the scum team in itself (AKA. Junko) was basically already painted in the scumlight, and Terrador was starting to garner some suspicion.

2. This slot in itself people found pretty scummy, imo, due to sheer inactivity and the terribad first/only post YX chose to make. I knew I'd have to bust my ass to some extent to remedy the prior views on said slot, if only enough to slide by Makaze's (and others') radars.

3. YX literally did not contact/speak to me at all throughout the time of being in said game, and he contributed little to nothing. Terrador/Junko were basically playing 9:2 for the majority of the game (with the latter being pretty high up on the scum reads), so the fact that no one was willing to sub + I only got to go in by D3 or so = even my own contributions were limited. (And trying to make that wall post while feeling sick = 3-4 hours of posting effort. That killed me inside. @_@; )

Also, people kinda cleared me for (what I felt to be) fairly silly reasons (Junko's claim of Watcher was TECHNICALLY true as well... just ended up as scum watcher). I was extremely surprised when Cam read me as "cleared" in the last day phase, and was worried about how I'd pull off the last day phase/mislynch.

Wasn't really playing much attention after I found out something I shouldn't have and had to be subbed out as mentor :V

Makaze played a good game; the main thing I noticed that you might want to change is that you look at things and reason them out and then vote, but there's a lot of discussion that should be going on as well, especially in LYLO (this is something that other people were doing as well).

Also Eury why didn't you vote the person who claimed an investigative result on you that you knew to be false?

I believe that was at the time that Cam was flipping out massively over people dropping votes during LYLO. In addition, I'd just criticized him for dropping a vote under #yolo, so all in all, I felt the "towniest" thing to do at that point is to avoid dropping a vote on Junko at that time. (If that makes sense.)

Tbh: I thought we were gonna get screwed royals once Terrador bit the dust from the random lynch, and after I slammed the hammer down on Junko. I tried to make the hammer itself seem townie (intent), but I also did it to cut the day phase short 'cause (at the end of the last one) people were starting to bounce off more plausible scum teams/buddy lists, and I was wary of it funneling down to me at some point. [Expected myself to get nailed after that.]

- GG and wp to town, though you guys were overeager in disregarding Dudeaga's doc claim, imo. ;/ The notion of "HE CAN'T PROVE IT TO US" kinda made me facepalm in some of the arguments, and lack of CC as well should've been more than enough to warrant keeping him alive for another day phase or two. Kudos to GC/Makaze as well. =]

- Kudos to mah scum buddehs- Terradork and Junko! Things seemed chaotic winding down, but I found it quite amusing that we were all Vanilla's remaining at the end (and I never thought Makaze would've hammered Pascal- that part took me off-guard). Gj with the plans and stickin' to 'em you two. :D