British Mafia - Game Over! Britain Wins!

Shin

As you all fight to prove how well you can recite the national anthem, a bunch of beggars gather at your feet, pleading for some change. With raggedy top hats and shoes open at the toes, the poor fellows are certainly down on their luck. The group put forward a set of old tins in their grubby hands, the sounds of shillings jingling from within them.

"Spare a penny, sir? I haven't had a single banger in my mash for a good fortnight now, the factory owner be letting people go left, right and centre. It must be them foreign workers. Word is that their countries are so poor that they actually have to pay to work over there. The cheeky buggers are taking all our jobs, it's hard to be a good bum with people who actually work stealing all the dosh!"

Paperblade (5): Prims, Makaze, Boron, BBM, Elieson
FFM (3): Shinori, Junko, Cam
Makaze (3): j00, Walrein, Darros
Boron (1): Paperblade
Walrein (1): FFM
j00 (1): Psych

Not voting: Kay, bladescape

Big Ben shows there are five and a half hours remaining! 6 are needed to lynch, 10 are needed to hammer! The phase ends at 12/6 23:00 GMT+0

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALRIIIIIIIIIGHT. Uh, Idk how much time I have left, but (from what I gathered browsing through the thread from time to time, phase end be near).

Btw. Just a side note, but Shinori's last post/vote on Paper felt really lazy (Was Paper even on his priority list at all at any given time?). But anyways, ISO surfing I go!

I've got like 5 more minutes to read this over

Why are you voting me if you actually think BBM is scummier than me?

His first few posts were RVS, so which posts do you find scummy?

I meant that pushed him up from where he was previously. I worded that badly.

IDK

we have 2 hours till phase, and I feel like we could come up with a better target

i'm not saying I think paper is town, but I just think his absence just

sits bad with me so I just feel like it's unfair

maybe i just need to read his ISO again but I feel like we could get a different lynch in time if we want

you know what

##Unvote, Vote FFM

Forgive my accusation (or don't, I don't care), or does it seem like Sangyul is mostly picking away at Junko/Darros/Makaze's posts without giving much of a read on anybody else?

##Unvote

##Vote: Sangyul

his ISO has him focusing on darros but voting sangyul for no real reason and this is exactly what he did earlier in this post

he felt frustrated and wanted to rage quit, and then came back the next day and asked if he should claim early, which makes me feel like he's scum trying to get easy cred but claiming before he needs to

Since Walrein is getting a sub and I want to give the new player a chance...

##Unvote

##Vote: Paperblade

He's contributed very little and has voted for some pretty random people (Makaze and Boron), maybe to avoid getting flak for being sheepy? Either way I feel the most comfortable voting him. And it doesn't look like he's made a claim - possibly because his role is scummy?

OKAY THEN. Time to get down to business, wall-postin' style!

Junko/Do Not Edit Posts Guy

- Though I don't agree with this statement/question (RVS votes are RVS- most generally change by the time the day phase gets out of RVS), I actually find this fine, and I don't feel like it's "Junko jumping on Darros" either.

- I understand the uncertainty here (wrt interpreting what Darros did as being scummy or not), but there's a backpedaling vibe here that I'm not overly fond of.

- I sorta understand the logic wrt BBM here, but somehow the post as a whole feels overly fluffed/cluttered a bit. Also not sure how to take the last statement: "@paper just how, me and poly are nothing alike almost."?

- Fair enough points, but the blurb wrt Pascal's case on you (Junko) sounds off somehow. Perhaps too.. fluffed up or otherwise padded?

- I disagree with this notion/post. Whether someone is putting in lots of effort, or little effort, they generally have a reason why, one way or the other. It's the intent behind activity/lackthereof that can lead to scumtells or towntells.

- Fair points.

- Overall: Decent posts in terms of scum-hunting, though some of the content I don't altogether agree with. Not feeling scummish vibes from him atm, so leaning slightly townie.

BBM

- I don't like this vote. Not only does it seem oddly really easy, but I also see the point/logic behind it kinda faulty (as I personally saw nothing wrong with Junko asking about the vote swap). Also, the prod/question to Prims wrt not being interested in Junko/Darros sounds weird to me, as though to redirect his priorities to their interactions specifically.

- This post just sounds/feels bad.

- Don't really like this one either. "Not really" = easy way to brush off the request for more reads (and sounds lazy in itself).

- And then you decide to post other reads about 6 mins after you said you didn't. Talk about finicky gameplay.

- I get the "trying to be helpful" thing, but as an in-game post, this has basically nothing to it (meaningful content).

- ...And? That post just sounded bad- of course newbs and more experienced players can be scum. Judgement calls should be based on content/posting, not whether they're new or not.

- I don't like this post either. You're basically role/number speccing on what is the "standard" gameplay, and basing a town read solely on that. I also feel that your Paperblade notion is also pretty weak/flimsy, and based on, "I don't think he'd do X as scum" notions.

- IF SHINORI HAD BEEN HYDRAING WITH ME AT THAT POINT, I WOULD'VE SLAPPED HIM AND TOLD HIM TO INSERT LINKS IN THAT HORRID THING HE CALLS A WALL POST.

- Sounds slighty better than former posts, but the last line wrt FFM/Psyche sounds a bit non-commital/waffly in terms of "I need more time to see who is more scummy."

- Paragraph on Prims feels like you're splashing a lot in a kiddie pool. Post as a whole seems to be waffling a lot wrt meta, which I myself am not overly fond of.

- Wrt WALL POST- POST DAYVIG GAMBIT:

~ Blah blah blah more Meta/Past game reads on Prims. Really BBM?

~ Meta read on Paper.

~ Seem EXTREMELY waffly/wishy-washy on FFM. Don't like.

~ Walrien: "Too sheepy to be scum"? Why can't scum be sheepy? It's certainly easier to sheep than to create/support your own cases.

~ Slingshotting around Kay read too.

~ Makaze: Solely gut vibes read.

~ Cam: TL;DR: "I dunno what he reads to me as." - BBM

~ "Eury: didn't read that shit" It's okay- I wouldn't read that linkless shit either.

~ Bladescape: Another wall-sitting opinion/blurb.

~ Poly: Scum meta read.

~ Darros: Gut

~ Junko read: ..wut? "Probably town in the end"? Is he some sort of third/scum party that can get Mason'd (aka. who isn't ORIGINALLY town to begin with)?

- Complaining about not being able to meta-read someone = sounds lazy. (Why not read them based on what they've POSTED, as opposed to sticking with meta reads?)

- Meta this meta that.

- Don't like this post. "I imagine I would have been a lot more irritated if I was actually scum, but okay." Just sounds bad. "If I was actually scum who thought you were gambitting, why would I react at all past the initial lmao?" It's called faking reactions and running with it, BBM. Not hard (especially for an experienced/veteran Mafia player such as yourself).

- Wrt this post:

~ "I also legit get way more irritated as scum getting vigged than town getting vigged- ask Paperblade if you want about how much I complained that he wanted to vig me in Spellcard. As town getting vigged I'm annoyed at the person vigging me for not giving me a chance to defend myself, but more annoyed at myself for appearing to be scum despite actually being town. As scum I'm not really as annoyed at myself because I was scum anyways, so I'm just left with the frustration of not having been able to defend myself."

So, if you're town: You have 2 sources of frustration- at the shooter who kills you, and at yourself (for having bad enough gameplay to appear scummy).

If you're scum: You just get irked at that you couldn't survive.

How does that equate to: "I also legit get way more irritated as scum getting vigged than town getting vigged"? 2 > 1?

~"except if the reads in my listpost are half-baked and they suck I get cased on for having shitty reads, so no, making a listpost doesn't really make you look townie if the listpost sucks." Kinda sounds bad to me- I don't even know if people were even saying if that wall-post was a supposed attempt at townie vibes/reads on you? I know I certainly didn't.

~ The disregard of the Boron case/whatever voting on her is okay in itself, but the way you said it (and blurbing off biases on those who are/were voting her) = sounded pretty iffy.

- The notion on Paperblade's situation/read on him sounds terribad. If someone has legitimate IRL situations (and states so in the thread), I don't think it's necessary to say, "I THINK THEY'RE TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS"? That and though IRL can easily affect posting content/habits, I'm not sure what "Normal" you're looking for/would've expected had said situations not been in place.

- You're killing me with the meta reads this game, BBM.

- Truth be told, it shouldn't take a day vig shot being aimed/executed at you (as town) to divulge any sort of reads on people at any time.

- Hence why the vote wasn't included in the votals.

- Overall: Meta-reading people to hell, and there's not a whole lot in-thread/content based cases I'm seeing/reading from BBM. Also found his posts, for the most part, to be pretty bad, and all in all, he's also not doing the greatest amount of effort in terms of progressing the game. Scummy until proven clean.

Prims

- Reasonable vote.

- Good post overall.

- Is Boron surviving a means/reason to suspect her of being scum?

- Dat Gambit.

- Other later posts I have no issues with.

- Overall: Seems pretty townie to me (and laughed at his gambit even when I hadn't been subbed in yet). 10/10 WP there, Prims. Pretty solid townie vibe.

Psyche

- Has a strong sheeping/easy vibe to the post, and despite all of the "I don't like this/that", no one warrants a vote of any sort for it?

- Meaningful content = 0

- You think scum would say "yes" to this?

- Pretty weak defense of Boron, and putting Pascal in front of the spotlight as a result. Also, still no content from you (Psyche).

- So? 6 votes are needed for a lynch to happen, and 10 was required for hammer. What the hell does it matter if there's 3 votes (including your own) on him at this time? Why so self-conscious?

- Prod-voting on page 6 with still little to no content wrt other posts/content in-thread. 0/10 would not sheep.

- Wrt this post:

~ Your vote on Shinori was bad and pretty much empty. Different from other votes/cases thus far.

~ The only thing you "didn't like" about Shinori was the fact that he wasn't as active. It wasn't based on posting content you didn't like.

~ You go off on "What ifs" wrt the game set-up. Where are your thoughts/content on the PLAYERS POSTING IN THE GAME?

- Wrt this post:

~ Even if you don't spend multiple posts defending yourself, why wouldn't you address a vote/case against yourself (especially if you can refute/disagree and show the flaw(s) in said case(s))? It makes no sense to not address points being handed against you.

~ What makes Pascal's reactions "newbie" to you?

~ You then mention Junko + Darros, but you say little to nothing on them (and don't even mention your thoughts on Junko in said paragraph).

- This post is just bad. "I have plenty of time, therefore I have no need to vote!" is what your post screamed to me, and that's pretty damn scummy. Votes are used for pressure, and to garner information BEFORE the lynch deadline comes. The more you sit or plant empty votes, the more useless you become in terms of contributing to discussion and progress to the game.

- Pretty much all of the content here is super waffly, non-commital, and otherwise doesn't give us actual reads in terms of what he thinks about the other players. Do not like at all.

- YOU HAVEN'T MENTIONED PAPERBLADE ONCE IN YOUR OWN POSTS/READS, yet you're okay with lynching him? (That and you say that he's not a fair target to hit... and then VOTE FOR HIM ANYWAYS. That logic.)

- This vote feels really easy to me, almost easier than the above one.

- Overall: All of the above information/posting has pretty much left really bad tastes/vibes in my head atm. Scummy until proven clean, would lynch 10/10.

Pascal/FFM

- I actually agree with the majority of the points listed here.

- Will agree on the notion wrt numbers, since I doubt ITP(s) would confirm/deny their own existence in order to validate said #s

- I'm okay with this post, and I'm not sure why people find the logic of "I'll post when I'm more focused later" = bad? (I'd rather someone post more meaningful/effective content in a good solid mindset than if they were stressed/unfocused).

- Wrt this post:

~ Opening blurb seemed a bit defensive, but I've seen it before, so holding it as a null-tell at this point.

~ "kinda sheepy but he's new so eh" Personally not fond of the "Newbish player" sort of justification of bad gameplay, but that's just me.

~ I'm okay with the rest of the points, and reaction/reply to Boron sounded good, imo.

- I admit, not the best reaction/gameplay, and would prefer to avoid seeing this from any others, please.

- Judging by a needless VT claim in another game prior, I can understand where this post/question comes from.

- Wrt This post:

~ ...Plz, copy/paste what quotes you need to- cut out the rest of unnecessary info from other people's posts. ._. (IE. Shinori's terribad wall-post).

~ Decent points for the most part.

~ "because lack of enthusaism and general skimming. It's not like I'm the only one guilty of that." Not really fond of the whole, "Everyone else is doing it, so it's sorta okay/justified" vibe to the response/comment. Just because people are slacking doesn't mean you should do so (or be okay with doing so).

~ "i thought it would be best if I at least contribute instead of running the risk of being branded as inactive scum and hurting town's chances of winning. Guess that was a bad decision" Imo, please stop it with the self-victimizing "Oh, I'll always be seen as scum no matter what I try to do" comments (that also seem pretty self-conscious) and just focus on scum-hunting and gameplay without it. It's really not helping with trying to get reads on you/your thoughts, and tends to interfere with things as a whole.

~ "watch people vote me because having a change of opinion is not allowed" Read above.

- Okay, the comments on Paperblade are fine, but why wasn't he ever in your priority/concerns until deadline approached?

- Overall: Gameplay/content wise, I'm okay with Pascal. However, it's more of the side comments (mentioned above) that bother me, but I'd rather sidestep attitude/emotions like that in lieu of what I see to be decent gameplay thus far. (I would like a response [and please don't quote me entirely, Pascal. xP] wrt Paperblade vote though.) Leaning slightly townie.

Daaaaaaamnit, I'm running out of time. I'm gonna try and run through Cam/Paperblade/Makaze before phase ends, but my priority from those I went over above:

Would lynch: Psyche, BBM

Would not lynch: the rest

Paperblade

- LolRVSshizz

- Post reads like someone splashing around in a kiddie pool.

- The lack of effort in this post is amazing, and the Makaze vote = poor.

- Just sounds bad.

- Ohey, you poke a question at Boron- progress towards the game yay! (in some smallish fashion)

- It kinda shows?

- Herpderp weak Boron case/vote at best.

- Okay then.

- Overall: ...Was there some content I was supposed to see at some point? Empty posts, empty votes, pretty bad overall. Busy or not, should've either asked for a sub (if you were town) or coasting as inactive scum. Either way, I'm fine with him being on the chopping block.

Makaze

- This post/comment kinda feels weird to me- seems kinda iffy with the tone (which is partially what's bugging me).

- Sounds weird, idk. I don't think you need to justify asking someone a question = saying that you were "prodding them" thereafter? (If that makes sense)

- This post just reads quirky. "Defending a mafioso"? Also the Cam vote feels bad here.

- The latter statements aimed at Boron have a sense of self-consciousness to them. "I don't have anything to lose by doing X", and saying/insisting that Boron was trying to put you on the defensive (and stating that it wouldn't work/be worth anything) feels strange, like you feel the NEED to justify/paint your actions in a townie light.

- As of this post, between Cam/Darros/Sangyul, Darros was your biggest/strongest read. Yet you don't vote-swap to him until this post. Being tired or not, based on your prior post, you had more than enough reason to vote-swap to Darros, even if information garnered later would change who of the 3 topped the charts (in terms of scumminess to you). Why the hesitation?

- I'm okay with the posted content/cases here (for the most part); HOWEVER, I find how you handled the situation wrt FFM/Pascal to be questionable (and I personally do not agree with it):

~ "I am reading Pascal as scum now" ....into: "I am keeping my vote for now because despite this content, this play is consistent with my limited knowledge of Pascal's town meta". You admit that Pascal's "town meta" information = limited. From my perspective, I've seen him as both town and scum, and his gameplay/meta really has no clear dividing line. The fact, however, that you choose to negate/steer away from voting who you feel/read as scum from in-thread content (in lieu of whatever scraps of "town meta" you feel you have on him) seems pretty shaky gameplay on your part.

- This post kinda rubs me the wrong way a bit:

~ "My reason for 'waffling' FFM is that they did this exact same thing in the last game and still turned out to be town. They fit exactly what he did in the last game. I cannot tell a difference between their behavior as town and as scum," So.... right. I don't see how this still validates you NOT voting FFM (at least earlier?).

~ "I am more willing to mislynch on someone I am confident about than someone I am less confident about. There will be tomorrow if we lynch Darros and it's a wrong vote." I'd prefer to nail scum/hit a successful lynch as opposed to mislynching personally (but I understand that it'll happen at some point if we're unlucky or careless with the voting). Secondly, there will technically be tomorrow if we mislynch ANYONE (so you kinda sell Darros down-river like "We can afford a mislynch", which in turn can pretty much be said about anyone who would result in a mislynch?)

- Don't care/like this post much overall- has similar vibes as Pascal's own ones earlier. If you don't care to defend yourself so much, then don't. Just post, scum-hunt, and play as you did in Training. Unless you have a reason NOT to this game.

- Wrt This post:

~ Reads are everywhere, and a handful of them slingshot completely from your notions/last post (3 hours or so before this one?).

~ Townread on Darros (from all the scum read earlier).

~ Paperblade vote/reactionary response. Your vote on him (as well as the wagoning/timing of said vote) feels pretty damn easy. I'm not saying that Paperblade doesn't DESERVE it, but it's just odd how much you swung around in terms of reads/responses/cases between this post and the last/before it.

- Overall: I'm not getting the feeling from Makaze as I did in Training. There's a lot more questionable content/posting in terms of gameplay, and he doesn't seem nearly as certain in himself/reads as he did then. I'm leaning slightly scummy as a result, though I don't believe that his lynch will happen today.

(Can't get through Cam atm, sorry. ;/)

OVERALL: (including prior post)

Would Lynch: Paperblade, Makaze, Psyche, BBM

Would not lynch: Everyone else

##Unvote (I don't recall where Walrein's vote was)

##Vote: Paperblade (since I garner his lynch is happening today above the rest).

is it just me or is BBM's defense against prims why would I have done this as scum or I tend to this or that as scum so why would I do this. General feeling from what I get from his posts. I also get the feeling that his reads are well this person could be scum because meta or gut read? I kind of half read the thread yesterday so will try to address some more stuff such as FFM's recent posts.

Surprisingly, Romney actually got a majority for once!

Dear Paperblade,

You are Mitt Romney.

"Republicans prefer straight talk to politically correct talk!"

You are Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate for the 2012 election, and businessman. Appealing to the republican voters, you promised financial change and... pretty much the opposite of what Obama did. Having some time to think, you've teamed up with Prince Charles in his takeover of Great Britain!

You are a Revolutionary Jack of All Trades. Your business career has given you plenty of contacts, all of them willing to do a job for you... once. You may only use one action a night, even you can't manage more than that!

Follower: Once during a night, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - What's PLAYERNAME up to?" This will cause you to plant a bug on that player, learning whatever action they took that night. Unfortunately, the camera was made in North Korea so you cannot see who was targetted by said action.

Hooker: Once during a night, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Entertain PLAYERNAME". This will cause that player to receive a surprise visitor which will cause them to stay at home and not visit anyone!

Safeguard: Once during a night, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Nobody sees PLAYERNAME" This will park a black van outside that player's house, turning away anyone who tries to visit them. However, murderers are rather cunning and can bypass your van!

Refresh: Once you've used all three of your actions up, you regain one use of each of them. This can theoretically be used multiple times.

<SNIP>

Post restriction: You must make reference to money and have no qualms in ruining the poor.

You are allied with the Revolution, you win when all threats are eliminated.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send in your actions. Unless your role allows it, don't talk at night.

Wow scum!paper is really as bad everyone says

Yeah changed my mind completely on Boron, their interactions doesn't read as bussing and if it were it was a really dumb move on both parts, considering Paper's vote on Boron is pretty much what drove his lynch. Feel better about Makaze too, also due to interactions in the beginning.

I'll have to look more into the Paper votes, most of the later ones were "okay sure this looks like a lynch", won't deny mine wasn't very convincing either.

Still iffy on BBM, I want to see more scum hunting from Darros next phase and I'd like Junko to build cases too, his latest posts has been a lot of questions and comments but I can't really tell who he's actually pushing or finds scummy.

Psych why vote FFM at the last moment for something he did like 8 pages ago

Also hey guess what my role is! Who needs to sleep when you can PARTY

After you all return from your respective kips, you awake to find that two jolly members of your group haven't returned. "I do say, that Elieson and BBM are tardy. That's most unprofessional what-not! To be sleeping on the job when her majesty herself is at risk, the shame!"

Some street urchin approaches you all. "Those two blokes are dead, they are. I saw them with my own two eyes."

Dear Polydeuces Elieson,

You are Barry Scott.

"Hi! I'm Barry Scott, and this is Cillit Bang!"

The star of the Cilit Bang adverts, unfortunately it's the highlight of your acting career. A lover of all things clean, you have an unhealthy obsession with your product, either that or they're paying you a whole lot of money.

You are the British Mailman. You cannot stand scum of any kind! At night by replying to yout Role PM "I bet PLAYERNAME's sink needs cleaning" you can visit someone and give their kitchen a good cleaning. You can also leave them a message of 250 characters or less.

Post restriction: You must show an intense dislike of scum, and also be loud and obnoxious.

You are allied with Britain, you win when all threats are eliminated.

Dear BBM,

You are Prince Phillip.

If it has four legs and its not a chair, if its got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane and if it swims and its not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.

You're the beloved husband of her royal highness. Despite travelling everywhere with her, you manage to say all sorts of silly things, most of them rather unpleasant to the natives. It's not that you're horrible, you just don't think enough.

You are the British Jailkeeper. each night you may ask "PLAYERNAME, oh yes, aren't you related?". This annoys said player so much that they can't get any night actions done. You even manage to offend anyone who happens to target them, causing their action to fail.

Post restriction: You must act unaware of how unintentionally unpleasant you are.

You are allied with Britain, you win when all threats are eliminated.

You all decide to watch the telly and hear an amazing voice over during some documentary or something.

What fortuitous circumstance be this? Mafia already killed? A zealous effort by all.

Let's keep up the good work for the sake our island.

Be wary of Eury's text walls. Actions speak louder than words.

Have a nice evening.

With 13 left alive, 5 are required to lynch and 8 to hammer! There are nearly 72 hours left in this phase, D2 ends on 16/6 23:00 GMT+0