British Mafia - Game Over! Britain Wins!

Shin

I have to rethink if I'd rather have Makaze or FFM lynched now. I'm going to leave it on FFM overnight and see how things are in the morning. Night y'all.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you'd make a post like that as either alignment, it's not like you're going to admit you're scum... Playing badly does not make you townie! There's a chance that you could play badly and your scum partners would just use it as an excuse to bus you. It's not like what you're doing really makes sense as town either. By saying "I'm wasting towns time as a target" it sounds like youre trying to get a target off yourself without actually defending anything. "I'm town so don't target me" is not a defense.

Self meta is terrible anyway. Ugh.

Actually, as things stand, my investment in the game is very low. If I'm going to be such a subject of scrutiny the whole game, I'd rather get lynched so that the people targeting me can face scrutiny instead. My survival means very little and I'm not exactly helping town, except as a target to draw mafia votes (at best).

I'm not saying I have evidence of being town, any more than you do. I'm saying that the stuff against me isn't evidence of me being scum. I'm saying you guys should spend more time getting content on other people, like I've been trying to do between addressing posts about me. You have enough about me. Maybe I'm having trouble reading this accurately since I'm the one under duress, but there are a lot of eyes on me when we know for a fact that there are more than one scum. I don't expect you to forget what I've done. I do expect town to give attention to more than one person and/or not spend so much time on one person. Especially when all of the attention on that one person is over two actions that happened early game.

But let's not forget. You are my biggest scum read. I have this bad habit of answering anyone who challenges me as if they are town.

Might have something to do with the situation I'm in.

Ugh, Makaze, your attitude is literally not helping. I understand you've been mostly on the defensive, but you're beating defeatist and this is bordering on AtE. If nothing you've done makes sense as scum, then tell us -- what is the town intent of your actions? I don't want to hear "I'm bad at the game", "my investment is low", or "I'm a liability to town". If your actions have no scum intent, then what is the town intent behind them?

But let's not forget. You are my biggest scum read. I have this bad habit of answering anyone who challenges me as if they are town.

Uh, welcome to mafia. People are going to challenge you as if they are town all the time, get used to it.

Prims could be scum; meta suggests that the scumgame immediately following one where he's very active but gets shafted by the SK/other roles is one where he tries an opposite strategy and active lurks. Case against me is lol because the only person who was pushing me on basis of the Junko case was Junko himself. I didn't have a real reason to drop the case as scum. Additionally I expanded on it as not really effort; I didn't use the correct word the first time. I agree with the Paper meta but feel like even as scum he wouldn't be so obvious with sheeping. Therefore I don't find the vote bad, but I have overall just general weird feelings with his posts. My reads feel very gut based atm. Not sure if this is exactly the reason behind the gut but I feel like any questionable play is being turned into scum intent with him.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Psych

I still think FFM is scum but this is giving me a better feeling right now: see above paragraph on gut. Probably thinking something like Psych > FFM > Prims > Paper atm?

My ISO is not in the OP btw. Don't make me remember my own posts Shin. :(:

BBM your reasons for me being scummy are abysmal, why would I switch scum playstyles after a game where I played very well and lost because of roles? Play itself wasn't the problem there. Also this is assuming I'm scum ahead of time and drawing conclusions from there.

Scum can feel they can't push a case they're pushing if they struggle to BS reasons to keep their vote going, even if nobody really objects to it.

Somehow I feel like that really isn't a gambit so some last reads on the playerlist before I GO TO SLEEP, BRITISH MODS wake up, and I DIE

won't say my role explicitly just in case it is a gambit but town Watcher is probably more likely than in most setups IMO

Annoyed at Prims but I don't think he's rash enough as scum to use a dayvig shot this early, especially in a game with a scumteam of 3p. IIRC in Villains 2, a MotK game where we were buddies in a small team, he wanted me to save my dayvig rather than use it for towncred to shoot a scummy target. Although that one was hidden and this wasn't so he might have considered it worth it to eliminate a good player at a time when they hadn't gotten into the game yet. Dunno yet but I guess still leaning town bc I feel like he would be aware that a game with a small scumteam is very much more likely to have a scum dayvig. Also @above post- because when you active lurk you're less likely to draw fire from the SK?

scum meta on Paper is legit; didn't want to outright say this and have him purposely play to thwart it, but Paper will probably respond to the vote by Prims by a flurry of content that seems good. If he's scum, as soon as Prims unvotes he'll go back to lurking.

very conflicted on FFM; I feel like after seeing how much people townread the Terra slot in FFTA after the ragesub he might actually try to WIFOM it as scum. Also I read his posts, have one read on them, come back, and get another. meh dunno the first time I was like "Psych might be worse" but then I didn't vote, I was kind of waiting for more people to give their feelings about him and was going to unvote if they both said he was scummy because I felt like that'd be too many people agreeing he was scum. But then Prims said he was obvtown and I unvoted anyways and idk why exactly

Psych is scum.

Boron has overall a good presence and seems to be making good points for the most part. Probably town; not unmemorable enough to be scum.

Walrein: too sheepy to be scum

Kay: step it up; one question post that has no actual feelings at all? It's not even the weekend! Could be scum but the last time she was actually scum I was townreading her ;_;

Makaze: gut town imo

j00: don't really know

Cam: I feel like since he's come back he's been a lot more active and his play has been just overall better everywhere. As such it's difficult for me to judge differences between his scum and town play.

Eury: didn't read that shit

bladescape: yeah idk. Very different from his last game but he's more than competent enough to way better if he was scum. Probably just busy or whatever regardless of alignment

Poly: playing to scum meta

Darros: gut town but like Cam I have nothing really to compare

Junko: probably town in the end; not playing anything like Training despite having better people to sheep than in that game

Put your money where your mouth is and tell me exactly what tests you've run, how you expected your target to react (and what that would have meant) and how they (and others) actually reacted (+ what that meant)

I am wary of anyone labelling their actions willy-nilly as "reaction tests" because it gives scum an easy out- "oh what I did was scummy but i knew that i was just reaction testing"

makaze

frustrated about Walrein actually because Paperblade's Smogon stories generally involve them being bad at NOC so he maybe actually might be that bad at scum. But the best person to tell us how good he is at NOC probably has an above average chance of being scum himself. I guess I could go to Smogon and look at his past games but I'm not Conq so screw that.

Boron has overall a good presence and seems to be making good points for the most part. Probably town; not unmemorable enough to be scum.

I'm not unmemorable, people have bad memories >|

I'm incredibly frustrated that a good portion of this game seems to be absent. In the case of some of these absent players (Paper and Poly), I feel they're more likely to be scum dodging the game. In the case of others like bladescape, Walrein, and Kay I have no idea if they're dodging stuff or just not around.

Prims, I really don't get your suspicions on BBM right now, I'm not seeing scum intent from him. I don't think you're scum either, but I really hate that you called FFM "blatantly town". His actions don't read as town to me, and least of all that ragesub threat.

actually pretty sure my gut Darros townread comes from playing EM with him- unfortunately I think we've both always been town when playing EM with each other.

lynching people due to attitude problems leads to D3 Doc lynches and Arsonist victories. would not recommend

I guess it being a reaction test invalidates most of the paragraph on Prims. Now I have to decide whether he'd be more likely to do the test as town or scum. That will probably be tomorrow.