Conspiracy Mafia - End of Days

Paperblade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I started ISOing some popular people. Let's start with Blitz.

I believe this game started on D3 for a reason and all these flavors left here are also left here for a reason and we should most definitely try to take advantage of it. (if you don't, you are just trying to play with your hands tied up for no reason)

Role PMs were left for us to view and learn from. Such as for Mafia fakeclaims and such. Here's what I learned:

- The general structure of role PMs for Innocent People, Illuminati, and Self-Aligned players

- Most likely, at least one Self-Aligned player exists, since there would be no reason to show a Self-Aligned role PM otherwise

- There are no character. Every Innocent Person is labeled as "Innocent Person" [role], while every Illuminati is labeled as "Innocent Person" Illuminati [role].

- The Illuminati are most likely a Cult, since the strikeouts imply a change in faction

And besides that, I most definitely want to know why the game started in D3 instead of D1 or say D2 for that matter (if Paperblade just wanted to show the cult, he could have started this D2 with a N0 to start things up, but instead he goes to the trouble of showing an extra 2 roles, why do you think that is?)

Pointing out that something could have been done differently does not imply that there is a specific reason as to why it wasn't done differently. Paper wanted to show us all those role PMs, so he presented them as being Day 1 and Day 2 results. There doesn't have to be any deeper meaning beyond that. There are a bunch of odd things in the opening post, it's probably just Paper having some fun.

[spoiler=Odd things in the Opening Post]

As expected, there were no deaths Night 1.

Why would no deaths on Night 1 be expected? It's not Night 0.

Shit. That's not good.

Why isn't it good that an Illuminati was lynched, when their win condition implies that they are the scum of the game?

You wake up in the morning to find Manix, a true town hero, has fallen! Seeing as he was certain BBM was scum, maybe you should look into that guy? Then again, who knows if Manix was really innocent...

BBM is playing this game. Why was he mentioned here?

I'm posting all this as a reference to look up later just in case I find them relevant. I can't really extract much from it atm, and baseless speculation would be pointless. The only thing I can speculate about starting with D3 is that if the Cult Leader can recruit only once per Day/Night cycle, then Paper is implying that Via was recruited on D1/N1 while another player was recruited on D2/N2. In other words, the game likely began with the Illuminati already have one recruit in addition to the Leader.

My real thoughts on what Proto is doing is that he is trying to get a lot of people to find him scummy intentionally and planning on dispersing the pressure somehow (I haven't thought out what the how could be) and make thus himself less remarkable throughout the next few phases (and yes, he has done that before and not just once)

...what the hell?

No, really, when have I ever done something like this? I certainly don't remember anything of the sort and even if this ever happened, I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Itemafia and Ivalice mafia are what comes to mind when I think of this (especially itemafia)

I don't recall intentionally being scummy in either of those games. Or in even actively trying to draw attention to myself in public. Both of those games were OC iirc, so while I may have been less remarkable in the thread, I was still abusing OC a lot.

I think his state of mind is perfect at the moment, so, hardly any chances of screw ups, especially the kind we see at the moment

The kind we see at the moment is a screw up? I know most players don't agree with my philosophies on analyzing RVS fluff, but as Prims pointed out, this is how I generally am in NOC

Blitz thinking that Weapons was trying to lay a trap that I fell for seems like something that Blitz would think, and I'm not surprised that he finds me scummy because of that. He doesn't seem to have anything against any of the other players, and I'm not really seeing why some people find him scummy.

Apparently I missed a bunch of posts while typing this. It's getting late so I'll try to catch up tomorrow morning and ISO some more people.

That was dumb as fuck but it also makes Poly obvious town so worth it.

Which is good because I am like 999% sure he's Paranoid Cop (...or is he?).

Also I was going to do something but then I got lazy because I am lazy (thanks TWEWY). Glad BBM is town though because that makes reading people easier on me.

okay so Proto actually has very little content and most of it is discussing meta and whatever, which is bad

the one actual content post - if you can call it that - that doesn't is just a blind sheeping of Weapons with little actual reasoning (he did say that it was "game-related" but never explained exactly how)

I wouldn't mind Proto posting more but what he has now isn't good

it reminds me a lot of Objection in Healer but i'm pretty sure Proto's actually not like that very often as town

as for why I think Weapons is town, I'm just generally a fan of his reasoning about what's been doing on (the prodvote thing was kinda weird but it did help the game so shrug)

one thing though; the Vhaltz slot he's willing to immediately dismiss as town based upon activity; there are people who'll do that as scum (Vhaltz in Healer, Eury whenever she rolls scum) so I'm not sure if that's just outdated SF-as-a-whole meta

Why would no deaths on Night 1 be expected? It's not Night 0.

Did you even read SStS' role.

Why isn't it good that an Illuminati was lynched, when their win condition implies that they are the scum of the game?

Because we found out cult I'm guessing.

BBM is playing this game. Why was he mentioned here?

Because Manix tunneling BBM is a recent mafia in-joke?

Also we have like 4 hours left until deadline pls don't go.

Tbh a big chunk of the reason why I dislike the Cam/eclipse wagon is because I'm pretty sure she was trying to claim PGO and I figured scum would be trying to lynch that claim off a cliff.

I didn't think there was cult earlier but it's looking more likely with 3p masons, if this is a Town vs cult game and the cult leader is amongst the lurkers I'm gonna cry.

BBM's masonqt also doesn't make sense as cult because starting 12/3 with recruitment ability every night (implied from having two cultists) would be too OP. There's like the very remote possibility that Blitz/BBM are 2p cult and they lied about having a 3rd member only to have them claim after getting recruited N3 but that would be ##bigplays and I don't think its the case siince the vanillizer jokeclaim contradicts the "cult" sample rolePM having an actual role.

anyway brb reading

proto fuck off why the cut

okay so that post makes me not like proto any more

-role pm shit @ Blitz. ummm... what? you do realize that this game is bastard and as such things in the OP could easily be totally unrelated to what's going to happen in the game. yes, the via fakeflip was likely done to indicate that there is a cult in this game, but that's about the only useful thing here.

-stuff picking at the OP for reasons which is stupid because mod stuff is mod stuff so idk where he's going with this

-lackluster defense to a point someone made that sounds a lot like meta. tbf this does match up with Proto's earlier points that meta is shit so w/e

-again, lackluster defense to meta points. i get that you want to not have meta used here but seriously i'm sure you have something that you can use to defend yourself?

##Vote: Proto

i'm comfortable with this lynch because proto's basically done nothing in terms of hunting for scum

theoretical safeguard/shrink on me tonight btw; would much rather die as town N1 than be culted and then inevitably be killed or lynched sometime down the line anyways

@Proto- no deaths on N1 were expected because StSS was a Virgin and prevented kills the night after he died. I'm in the flavour as a joke because Manix thinks I'm scum every game in which he's town. Also the phase will end before you wake up so if you're still around you should vote for whom you find scummiest on gut or whatever right now.

scumslip; tonight's N3

Vhaltz, are you suggesting that BBM/Blitz are cult then? Because masons with cult totally seems like something this game would have in it

so, weapons, how can you say everyone has kind of been involved, when clearly a few guys did nothing?

@Prims, I just read the Iso of weapons and I must say, it still sounds like how I thought it sounded like, where he uses his own way of scum hunting, only answering to the questions that are asked to him, I think his play makes sense to me, but I would like to mention that as long as he doesn't out what reads he obtained form what, I cannot say whther I will continue thinking he is town or not depending on how weird his reads might be cause I might have an idea of what he might actually be thinking with the results he got so far, though, I will have to say, however, I am nowhere near as good as him (at the moment, I think he is town)

Posts of Euklyd make me see joke posts after joke posts, some slight content on what he thinks about Proto and that he thinks my rolespeccing was poorly done then he goes and agrees with Vhaltz (if me thinking Eclipse is scummy is bad, he is far worse), he also goes in and pokes Refa and Cam (but very slightly) Then finishes off with saying my post is bad
Things I notice here is that his other 2 reads beside me HAVE NO CONTENT
he thinks Weapons is scummy, but never even had a single interaction with him, and he NEVER pushed a case besides mine, but with Vhaltz's reasoning no less.

would lynch him if Eclipse and Proto are not on the list

ANYWAYS

BBM, WHAT THE HECK, I THOUGHT I ASKED YOU NOT TO CLAIM

also, our flavor confirms no cultist among us at the least

anyways, about my vote on (I don't remember, it was purely random), I actually thought I would be around for near phase end and be able to change it then

##Unvote
Vote: Eclipse

@Xinnidy, I think it is because Weapons said he wouldn't be around for phase end iirc

"Vhaltz, are you suggesting that BBM/Blitz are cult then? Because masons with cult totally seems like something this game would have in it"

No I'm saying it's like the only scenario in which I could see BBM/Blitz being scum with that claim and I don't think it's likely considering the way it came about.

I'm in the middle of ISOing can somebody get a votecount?

Not sure what to make of Proto posting up an ISO and rolePM spec then disappearing while being completely oblivious to deadline, I'd lynch him over Cam but feels like a crapshoot atm.

Rereading Euklyd I feel dumb for townreading him earlier, his only noteworthy suspicions throughout the day were Blitz and Cam by virtue of sheeping the general consensus at the time, his scumhunting on the side had wording that I don't really like. Is Euklyd normally passive aggressive about his suspicions like this?

Poly it's been 3 hours and you're no longer reading, it seems.

That being said Weapons, Proto are you really voting Refa on a global scumtell, and not even a very good one?

It's okay to find Weapons and Proto suspicious for something but Euklyd didn't really do anything with it and his Proto suspicion completely disappears in this post after some people commented that Proto's playstyle matched his town meta.

It's not particularly strong but I'd lynch Euk > Proto

##Unvote

##Vote: Euklyd

Proto's recent post and whole phase performance has been pretty bad tbh. From his post his scumreads are still a little unclear and what Poly has said about him is also good.

My thoughts on eCam and Euk haven't really changed. Rereading I think I may have been a little paranoid regarding Prims and his response was satisfying. I'm not so impressed with Vhaltz however, apart from the "I told you so" on realising that Euklyd is scummy, some of his reasoning is pretty contrived (That is not passive aggressive, if you want passive aggressive go ISO me in games other than this one) and the rest we've been going on about all phase so it's a bit late to 180 on it. I want to see what the votals are to see what effect his vote had.

Sorry Xinnidy but I'm ignoring your posts because they're all tl;dr

Euk > eCam > Proto > Vhaltz

OK, so I'm like trying to read the past four pages but my attention span cannot take it; I think I'm just going to ISO the few people who are up for lynch and save the replies for tomorrow because I'm so lazy.

Euklyd

Since Prims pointed out my town read on Euklyd was flawed (and I do agree that he was way more tryhard and obvious town in FFTA...although I was scum, so I kind of assumed there was some bias there going into this), decided to look at his posts again (honestly kind of dismissed them before when I was sure that he was town). Still not really bothered by his early play, seems like something he could do as either alignment. His initial case on Blitz comes across as really weak (even for ED1), like there's no pressure there. At the same time, I feel his behavior is nothing like his scum play. Like he never had a hard time casing people before, even if it was a bit tunnely. Here he's kind of tunneling Blitz, but not really (it's a lot more wishy-washy)?

Overall: Yeah, I agree with others that his play has been subpar, not really seeing the scum intent there though. Maybe I'm just biased towards my own reads, but his general tone and posting style just doesn't seem like scum to me fite me.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that he hasn't really done anything besides casing Blitz and a townread on me I think? That was a thing.

eclipse/Cam

Since apparently scum claim negative utility roles (since when was that a thing jeez), I guess eclipse's role claim wasn't that townie. Her vote on Blitz was really bad, since it was simply for him rolespeccing rather than why his rolespeccing was bad. Still annoyed that she called my case graspy but never bothered to reply when I asked her how it was graspy in any way. ;/ Then she subbed out, that was a thing. I feel like Cam tends to come across as tryhard or just not there at all as town and here he's doing kind of both which is weird. Like he hasn't really done anything besides townreading Blitz and coming up with a scumread on Proto seemingly out of nowhere; at the same time he's been here, so yeah.

Overall: I'd be fine lynching this slot, however going to reread Proto to see who I'm more bothered by overall.

Also is there anyone else I should be ISOing because Proto was going to be the last person I was going to ISO.

Protoman

He spends a lot of time talking about why he doesn't effort on ED1 which seemed too...standoffish (is that the right word) for scum FMPOV but apparently this is something he does often. He sheeps a vote on me, but considering me that's not really something I'm bothered by (to clarify, the sheeping; votes on me when I'm town make me lose sleep ;_;). HOWEVER, later on he says he's not sure what to make of me overreacting...while he's voting me. This is pretty disingenuous actually, can't believe noone picked up on it before. Also he just starts to do ISO's out of nowhere which is just weird...it's like he hasn't even read the thread and he's already jumping to ISO's. Not to mention I have a boatload of posts, his vote is still on me, and yet he hasn't commented on any of those. Surely you would ISO the person you're voting first (I KNOW I HAVEN'T BUT I GOT AROUND TO IT ALSO I AM NOT BUSY). Not gonna lie, didn't read his last post because it was tl,dr;.

Overall: Would prefer lynching to eclipse/Cam (although I guess I could consolidate on them). Still would prefer not to lynch Euklyd today.

Blitz (2): Kay, Euklyd

Refa (1): Proto
Cam (4): BBM, Refa, Weapons, Blitz
Euklyd (4): kirsche, Prims, Xin, Vhaltz+Mitsuki
Poly (1): Blitz
Proto (2): Cam, Poly
Shinori+Eurykins (1): Weapons
Voteless Illuminati (3): Shinori+Eurykins, FFM
We have 2,5ish hours left in the phase... or do we?

The lack of votecounts in this game makes things very confusing, I was under the impression that Cam was a major wagon over Euk fsr.

Hammer is needed to lynch and that needs 8 votes so people should get a move on NOW.

Meh. The worst part of these wagons is neither of them are here to claim.

##Unvote

##Vote: Cam

I actually forgot Euklyd was playing in this game

I also don't see too much scum intent in the posts from eCam so far so

##Unvote

##Vote: Euklyd

someone sheep me so we don't lynch cam pls I really don't think he's scum

Explain because I just ISO'd him and Euklyd and came to a very different conclusion.