Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

- Speaking of vanillas, those three town vanillas used to be power roles (oracle, something, something). Everyone turn and thank Elieson for the removal of those roles.

Johnson was, somewhat shakily, the oracle. Fletcher was a martyr who could take someone else's crippling injuries. There was no third vanilla, but Jack Colback was originally both miller and hooker.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the masonry was necessary then making the cop and miller vanillas would've been fair, imo.

Miller to vanilla - sure

Cop - possibly with some limiter, because of the sheer amount of kills in the game (which means outing is really risky). When there's a third party, especially one that kills, I like having more than one form of set town-side investigation (tracker, in this case).

I suck at counting. :P:

Tweaking the mimic to act more like an investigator and axing the cop probably would've been better imo?

I still think making a townie a miller for no real reason is more helpful to the town that it is harmful (that is if they claim day 1 like they're supposed to do THANKS A LOT ACTIONDAN.)

Edited by Smug Brit

as an old school lad i firmly believe there must always be a cop and a doctor

What an interesting end to underwear mafia.

idgi

i like how everyone's got different names for what niall quinn's role was

Tweaking the mimic to act more like an investigator and axing the cop probably would've been better imo?

I still think making a townie a miller for no real reason is more helpful to the town that it is harmful (that is if they claim day 1 like they're supposed to do THANKS A LOT ACTIONDAN.)

Should have made Shin a Miller but he didn't know he was a Miller.

I like having more than one form of set town-side investigation (tracker, in this case).

but town would have two forms of investigation: either or a tracker or a cop, and MOD-CONFIRMED PREGAME SCANS ON TWO PLAYER SLOTS

this is basic balance come on. next time somebody puts masons and more than one other investigative role in their set-up i'm shanking them

copier was effectively another investigation too, just a weaker one

Edited by Prims

Needs more Scum!Masons.

I believe the technical term is Murder Masons

which may or may not be literally true but mmmm alliteration

so it's at the very least FIGURATIVELY TRUE

eh, scum team was still eradicated without the use of the cop and without the mason outing and I am pretty sure lynching Prims would have been the logical thing to when FFM had turned up town

also, I am as lucky as I can get, lol

Oh yeah, we'd be wrecked without them. SB was that good lol. But I mean Prims would definitely have a chance of winning (also I'm sure his first choice of who to lynch wasn't FFM). Like seriously he got so POE'd it was ridiculous.

random 1x roleblock out of nowhere when there was nothing (other than kills) that could be attributed to a SK instead of the scumteam? And if you had only a 1x hook why would you use it as a rand on N1 instead of saving it for an investigation roleclaim you can't kill right away?

And that's not even counting that BP is a pretty SK claim and should have been lynched after Commuter. And considering Prims used "man I can't see there being a Commuter and a BP in the same game" if people hadn't used that to crucify him the next phase I would have been highly disappointed.

I think Prims could've at least tried to argue the hook thing (it's not like the SK has to be playing smart), but agreed that he was fucked from the BPV/Commuter thing so when StSS claimed he was just like "Nope not drawing this out any longer" since so many things were against him

eh I could've gotten away with BPV/Commuter probably, I've escaped weirder claim situations and FFM was only 1-shot. Problem was I didn't have enough mislynches after Strawman's claim.

• 1 year later...

almost TWO YEARS ON - WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

SUNDERLAND are still in the top flight, having since fired Poyet, and then brought in an old Dutch guy, Dick Advocaat (hell, aren't we all?) to keep us up. He succeeded, and retired. Eventually he decided not to retire, and then six matches into the following season, said openly that the team was too shit to keep up and retired again. Sunderland hired Big Sam Allardyce to take over. It worked.
Stephane Sessegnon is old and unemployed, having made the mistake of moving to a club that would later be taken over by Tony 'fucking' Pulis.
Steven Fletcher was as it turned out not a very good striker despite a purple patch of one average year. He was not the model of professionalism in his time at the club, ultimately fucked off to France and wasn't very good there, either. He has scored eight goals for Scotland. Six were against mighty Gibraltar. Freshly signed by Sheffield Wednesday.
Phil Bardsley was spotted almost killing Wayne 'the blobfish' Rooney and became a meme. This is as opposed to being known for his footballing skills which are nonexistant.
Jack Colback moved to Newcastle on a free transfer. He cited the fact that Newcastle were a better team than Sunderland. Then they were relegated. Colback, presumably, has regrets. The little ginger cunt.
Josmer Volmy Altidore went to Toronto after scoring one goal in forty games. Toronto gave us a guy called Jermain Defoe who scored nineteen goals in forty-nine games to keep us up. Toronto's management is fucking stupid. Anyway, Altidore is failing to make a serious impact in the MLS and was recently rated, by the MLS' own players, as the MLS' Most Overrated Player.
Even The American Fanbase has run out of excuses for Altidore.
adam johnson turned out to be a paedophile and is in jail now, where i hope he rots and dies. let's move on.
Gus Poyet got fired. He now manages in Spain, via Greece - from where he was fired after arguing with the club president.
From Wikipedia; 'On the opening day of the 2015-16 Premier League season, [Lee] Cattermole captained Sunderland against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium, but was substituted by Dick Advocaat after 30 minutes, with his side 3-0 down and Cattermole having conceded a penalty.' Also at some point he equalled the record for most bookings in a season.
Danny Graham ended his Sunderland career with one goal from thirty-seven league games. One goal, in essence, for five million pounds. Loaned out four different times, he found his level back in the second tier, where he is baseline competent. Recently released to Blackburn Rovers.
Niall Quinn should really buy back the club.

Connor Wickham's brief purple patch has turned out to be the only bright spot of his career. Inexplicably, Alan Pardew was conned into signing him for Crystal Palace. He has not done especially well there, either.

Vito Mannone continues to be one of our goalkeepers, and continues to be fairly solid, if a little unreliable, in the role.

Simon Mignolet moved onto Liverpool shortly before the Mafia match began, at which point his weaknesses of nonexistant command of area, an inability to kick or otherwise control the ball with his feet, inconsistent form, concentration issues and a lack of confidence all sort of began to spill out of control and every Liverpool fan thinks he's terrible. Recently signed a five-year contract at Liverpool.

NEWCASTLE were, hilariously, relegated. They managed to bring in one of the best managers in the world and, somewhat heartwarmingly, their fans' love for him was enough to convince him to stay. They are on a strictly upward trajectory.
Papiss Cisse never did live up to the number 9 shirt, failed to really accomplish anything of note with the club and recently moved to play his football in China.
Since being fired, Joe Kinnear's Wikipedia page has not been updated. I'd forgotten he existed.

The Guy who Punched a Horse remains at large.

Yohan Cabaye accepted a big-money move to Paris St. Germain and failed to break through. Eventually, Alan Pardew brought him back to England with Crystal Palace. It turned out he may just not be very good.

Alan Pardew.

NEUTRALS

Adebayo Akinfenwa was mentioned in the game. I can't figure out why. Either way he was notable for still being insanely huge. In between making money off his BEAST MODE clothing line, which is a real thing that exists, he scored a match-winning penalty to promote AFC Wimbledon in his last match before his contract expired. In his post-match interview, he noted that he was now technically unemployed and invited anyone who wanted to hire him to 'hit [him] up on WhatsApp.'

Nobody has dared to touch Paolo di Canio since he managed to alienate an entire football club at once. Instead of an update, just reread his Wikipedia page.

thank you and goodnight

sebastian giovinco jozy altidore was able to lead Toronto FC to the playoffs for the first time ever so let's just call it a win-win trade :):