The Well

Prims

I'm a student, but not for long (my semester ends this week, then I graduate)

Student of what?

Aran below shit like Heather (honestly Heather should probably be in Bottom, she does no damage and thief utility is at an all time low in FE10)

But Bolting so good!!11!1!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) What are your favorite roles for each alignment as a host?

2) More specifically what is your favorite role of each alignment you've designed for a specific setup?

3) what is the story of the dog in your skype avatar you never answered this

4) Thoughts on FFAs?

What was the worst town performance you've ever seen in a mafia game?

What was the worst scum performance you've ever seen in a mafia game?

Why aren't there more SF games with items? Are they hard to balance? Or just kind of pointless in NOC?

Not sure. For me it's because I've never really come up with a good setup for it. I don't think they're that hard to balance or pointless but for me it's more that it's never really something I heavily considered when making a setup, I guess? I think this is because I am used to Smogon games where items are passed around and tend to have passive effects or repeated use so it's more something that wants coordination (you can see this in Void Mafia, which had several items).

1) What are your favorite roles for each alignment as a host?

2) More specifically what is your favorite role of each alignment you've designed for a specific setup?

3) what is the story of the dog in your skype avatar you never answered this

4) Thoughts on FFAs?

1. In general

Town: Backup-type roles (amnesiac/gravedigger). It's easy to balance because its strength depends on the strength of other roles and it smooths out power disparity between roles, so if a good role gets randed N1 it's not "oops we fucking lost." Vanilla also fulfills this but Backup is more fun

Mafia: Probably info roles, there is more room to make them really strong because it's not something the mafia can really abuse to become overpowered, and it's still useful

Neutral: Wolf, there's more potential for cool mechanics

Town: I would say Snake from SSBU but I think Kaoz was the one that designed that, not me. The Prims role from SFMM2 was great on flavor. On mechanics, I liked Fintan from Void Mafia, as well as Reyes.

Mafia: Probably the Levity role from SFMM4. The game within a game concept was super cool, unfortunately it didn't get used as much as I would've liked.

Neutral: Kay/Proto from SFMM2, Sullivan from Void, or Kirby from SSBU.

3. He's my pet dog. I've had him for 6 years

4. They're alright but it's a lot harder to get good balance on them because you're basically balancing like 15+ factions against each other and I feel like they get repetitive quicker than other stuff

What was the worst town performance you've ever seen in a mafia game?

What was the worst scum performance you've ever seen in a mafia game?

Town: Recently, Inception Mafia. Maybe FAYZ Mafia. Ever? Probably something old like TF2.

Scum: In terms of luck, Ivalice Mafia, like 4/5 of them died in one cycle. In terms of play, SFMM1's mafia was really inactive, and SSBB's got a bit unlucky then crumbled from there although I think that game was quite townsided. This one is a bit trickier because a lot of townstomps is more town was on point, got a bit lucky, then snowballed from there than really bad play from scum, I think. Also that time I threw hard fucking up a fakeclaim in EO Mafia and got so tilted I just gave up. The Prince of Tennis Mafia scumteam that got eliminated on Cycle 2 was also pretty sad, they didn't even get a kill off. I'm probably forgetting something obvious because I didn't play in the game

The worst scum performance that actually won was probably Touhou Mafia (not Spellcard), in which the town split into two factions and went at each other's throats while the entire mafia did nothing. Actually that might be worst town performance, the fuck was that guys.

Edited by Paperblade

on a scale of 1 to gay who would you do in the ass

Serious question: Ideal 4-man scumteam using people from SF?

also, worst possible 4-man scumteam including yourself

Shining Force 2 Scums?

Don't recall that game very well

on a scale of 1 to gay who would you do in the ass

Serious question: Ideal 4-man scumteam using people from SF?

also, worst possible 4-man scumteam including yourself

Haze

Best: In a vacuum, probably BBM, SB, Prims, and kirsche. I think I can read BBM and Prims fairly well though so against me it'd probably be different

Worst: Me, Psych, Elieson, and Rein. Rein and I would never post, Elieson would panic and make a shitty fakeclaim, and Psych would out us all just in case

Edited by Paperblade

1. what were the best prims roles/set-ups and why

2. have you given up on us or are you still gonna play despite life frustrations and etc?

3. what video games that you played this year were good

4. wich 2hu wuld u fuk

Worst: Me, Psych, Elieson, and Rein. Rein and I would never post, Elieson would panic and make a shitty fakeclaim, and Psych would out us all just in case

1.) Top 3 Worst fakeclaims that aren't mine?

2.) Worst fakeclaim that was mine?

3.) Your most successful fakeclaim?

1. what were the best prims roles/set-ups and why

2. have you given up on us or are you still gonna play despite life frustrations and etc?

3. what video games that you played this year were good

4. wich 2hu wuld u fuk

1. CYOR1, it was probably the best balanced. Roles I liked the bingo card TOO BAD I DIED N1. God and whatever Proto was in CYOR1 were also good

2. Is this a serious question? I played in the two most recent games and will be playing Euk's EIMM and AMPM2

3. Stuff that came out this year, I think just Bravely Default? In general lots of stuff

4. Cirno

1.) Top 3 Worst fakeclaims that aren't mine?

2.) Worst fakeclaim that was mine?

3.) Your most successful fakeclaim?

1. Mancer's Safeguard in FAYZ, my Tracker claim in EO1, and the Lynchproof one in SFMM2 (I think this was Kaoz) are first that come to mind. There was also the one in SSBU where the mafia had Imp claim part of SB's roles, then SB repeatedly fucked up his fakeclaim, but for some reason the town was like "This seems legit and not just the mafia fucking up badly"

2. Probably Weak Watcher Survivor. EO2 was also hilarious because it got your whole team killed

3. Backup in NPoT1. It was so good the town went full complacency and let me use my backup power to kill the town and endgame them. Friendly Neighbor in Schoolteacher was also top tier but cops too strong

Favourite role playing system?

Favourite character you played as in a role playing system?

BUTTS Chair duty forces me to check you saw these.

Did you like your degree/your time doing it?

What do you think you'll do after you graduate? (Find a job? What kind etc)

Edited by kirsche

Favourite role playing system?

Favourite character you played as in a role playing system?

Chair duty forces me to check you saw these.

Did you like your degree/your time doing it?

What do you think you'll do after you graduate? (Find a job? What kind etc)

Fav system: My friends and I have been playing PTU a lot lately (Pokemon Tabletop United). I like it since it's got a good mix of numbers crunch and social RP stuff, although some stuff is vague since the devs seem big on "Modify stuff to fit your group" etc. The updates have been pretty good about improving balance and clarifying stuff which is nice since it's entirely homebrew. I'm also familiar-ish with All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Tristat (protip: don't play Tristat), Savage Worlds, and DnD3.5/Pathfinder

Fav Character: This is a tough question since I have nearly a half a dozen I'd consider for that spot based on my mood. Right now I like the sorceror noble-in-exile I played although that died like 15% in or some shit. He basically just said whatever dumb thought popped into his head, it was great.

Degree: I like it, although as with most things there's a lot of stuff I had to learn to graduate but don't really care for. I prefer making algorithms and improving/bugchecking existing code, writing code from scratch loses my attention pretty quickly.

After I graduate, I'm probably gonna get a part time job doing whatever until I can find something more stable and longterm. Video game development seemed cool but the more I learned about it the worse it seemed. I will probably do it as a side hobby or something though

yeah it was serious cuz you're always like "I dunno if I want to play mafia anymore" and I think you're gonna quit after the game you're in or something

That's just my depression kicking in I probably wouldn't think too much of it

Oh right, Bravely Default, are you still up for trying to figure out a setup?

Yeah

1. How can you make a worse possible scum team and not include me?

2. Thoughts on vanillas?

3. What is the ideal number of vanillas in a role madness game?

you do realize "role madness" is generally the term for games where everybody has a role, right?

meaning the answer is "1"

you do realize "role madness" is generally the term for games where everybody has a role, right?

meaning the answer is "1"

Missing the point. #4102smirp

1. How can you make a worse possible scum team and not include me?

2. Thoughts on vanillas?

1. I forgot

2. They're alright if the setup is lower power

3. 1

First off, is anyone else interested in Ivalice Mafia's postgame? I can just PM it to you when I'm done Blitz, if you'd like.

On topic:

1. What are your thoughts on hidden players? What kinds of abilities should they have/should they exist at all?

2. Do you think any common roles are generally too strong or weak?

3. Do you still play MtG much? If yes, what's your format(s) of choice?

4. Why did you sell me out in Duel Terminal?